• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Can I rant again about the lack of animations for ANYTHING or are you guys just to sick to hear about it?
*puts hand over heart*

5d55575548a30ca21fcdb50285b9c694_6465808929343059713.gif

Paimon and Pejo The Traveler really hate this too! Paimon thinks that the game would be better if they spent some money on in-engine animations. Paimon thinks it's weird that characters rotate like a microwave before running in a different direction in cutscenes. Most of all, Paimon thinks that there are lots of annoying things that the game does that just get a pass like have Paimon overexplain everything.

I think it's funny how stiff the non-combat animations are in the game when fans make stuff like this for free with MMD:

deanote666

*puts hand over heart*

5d55575548a30ca21fcdb50285b9c694_6465808929343059713.gif

Paimon and Pejo The Traveler really hate this too! Paimon thinks that the game would be better if they spent some money on in-engine animations. Paimon thinks it's weird that characters rotate like a microwave before running in a different direction in cutscenes. Most of all, Paimon thinks that there are lots of annoying things that the game does that just get a pass like have Paimon overexplain everything.

I think it's funny how stiff the non-combat animations are in the game when fans make stuff like this for free with MMD:

There was a fan made trailer that put the official trailer to shame for the first Sonic movie before they redid the character design. The fan made trailer substituted the horrible Sonic for one more like in the game.

Pejo

New code, no idea what its for, I just saw it on Hoyolab doing that stupid web event.

MA6RPW8GGJAM

*edit*

Forgot I took this screncap earlier.

sRPnnP0.jpg

iu

Last edited:

Pejo

TU9rLnp.jpg

Looks like she's coming in 3.4, possibly as an option in the "pick a Liyue 4*" selector. Dendro Catalyst as previously hinted.

Reactions: Fuz

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Anyone here tried Kuki with Cyno?

I've been seeing her popping up on Cyno's Aggravate teams and it seems she works pretty well. Not only she works as a battery, she easily enables aggravate and heals. Plus, if you use her with full set of Tenacity of the Millelith, she also buffs ATK %.

Last edited:

Pejo

Anyone here tried Kuki with Cyno?

I've been seeing her pooping up on Cyno's Aggravate teams and it seems she works pretty well. Not only she works as a battery, she easily enables aggravate and heals. Plus, if you use her with full set of Tenacity of the Millelith, she also buffs ATK %.
Yep she's pretty good with Cyno. I don't like to use the same character on 2 teams though, and I use her on my Rosaria physical team. She also looks to be great for the upcoming Kusanali hyperbloom team. She got a major boost in usability with Dendro. I also gave her my Freedom Sworn in addition to Millelith, so she buffs both attack and EM in addition to having great EM on her own.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Yep she's pretty good with Cyno. I don't like to use the same character on 2 teams though, and I use her on my Rosaria physical team. She also looks to be great for the upcoming Kusanali hyperbloom team. She got a major boost in usability with Dendro. I also gave her my Freedom Sworn in addition to Millelith, so she buffs both attack and EM in addition to having great EM on her own.
Cool, I'll need to try her out.

With all the turmoil going up in the community because of the lack of upcoming end-game content, I heard about this one game that Genshin people may shift into in the future:

Combat looks fast-paced as hell. Gonna keep tabs on this one.

Last edited:

Pejo

Cool, I'll need to try her out.

Without all the turmoil going up on the community because of the lack of upcoming end-game content, I heard about this one game that people may shift into:

Combat looks fast-paced as hell. Gonna keep tabs on this one.

Yea that's from the PGR team, so I'm betting the combat will be more complex and rewarding but all other facets of the game will be lesser.

A few of us in this thread are also side-playing Tower of Fantasy. It's great at first, and then turns pretty dry between version updates, even more dry than Genshin. It's more of a 2010s MMO with a character action game coat of paint than a Genshin clone though.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Yea that's from the PGR team, so I'm betting the combat will be more complex and rewarding but all other facets of the game will be lesser.

A few of us in this thread are also side-playing Tower of Fantasy. It's great at first, and then turns pretty dry between version updates, even more dry than Genshin. It's more of a 2010s MMO with a character action game coat of paint than a Genshin clone though.

Yeah, I've heard about Tower of Fantasy too, but I'm not feeling to jump to yet another gacha game.

I'm curious about Zenless Zone Zero, but being done by Mihoyo, and considering what we've seen on Genshin Impact, I don't have my hopes that up.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yeah, I've heard about Tower of Fantasy too, but I'm not feeling to jump to yet another gacha game.

I'm curious about Zenless Zone Zero, but being done by Mihoyo, and considering what we've seen on Genshin Impact, I don't have my hopes that up.
The animations and designs of ZZZ look fantastic, but hearing the genre as "Rogue-like" is enough to pretty much kill it for me from the get-go.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
The animations and designs of ZZZ look fantastic, but hearing the genre as "Rogue-like" is enough to pretty much kill it for me from the get-go.

Ohhh, it's rogue like? Didn't knew about that. If they build a solid story around it it's actually cool.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Question to PC / Mobile players:

Does Mihoyo actually update the initial splash screen on these platforms?

On PS5 there's a splash screen everytime you boot-up the game. It has been the same since day one.

I don't understand why they don't update this shit to suit up the current region in the arc narrative, with characters from that same region.

crumbs

Question to PC / Mobile players:

Does Mihoyo actually update the initial splash screen on these platforms?

On PS5 there's a splash screen everytime you boot-up the game. It has been the same since day one.

I don't understand why they don't update this shit to suit up the current region in the arc narrative, with characters from that same region.
On PC, the GI launcher's artwork changes to match the current version's featured artwork.

Pejo

Well, I use the launcher when there's an update, then I just have a quick shortcut to the exe in my taskbar.
Yea this is how I play too. I did it because I had to add an argument to the genshinimpact.exe shortcut to be able to run it fullscreen exclusive mode at sub-native resolution for my TV, since I have a 4k tv but my graphics card can't push it at high settings with Genshin.

• Strength

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Finished the festival quest.

I like how Kayea & Diluc mysterious voice moment in the final cutscenes completely overshadows the fact who razors parents are - some generic npcs. Lmao.

crumbs

By the way, I got my MicroSD card, I'm going to install Windows on it and try to get Genshin running on my Steam Deck this weekend. I'll post results.
You must be psychic. I saw the news about the Deck being in-stock and was going to ask this thread if anyone had experience running GI in Windows on the Deck.

I had a Deck reservation that came up in August, but I ended up cancelling it since I didn't think I'd use the Deck enough to justify the price. Still somewhat interested in the Deck since the other AMD based handhelds (with RDNA2) are even more expensive.

Pejo

You must be psychic. I saw the news about the Deck being in-stock and was going to ask this thread if anyone had experience running GI in Windows on the Deck.

I had a Deck reservation that came up in August, but I ended up cancelling it since I didn't think I'd use the Deck enough to justify the price. Still somewhat interested in the Deck since the other AMD based handhelds (with RDNA2) are even more expensive.
It's a great piece of hardware, I've been really impressed with Proton, which is why I haven't loaded Windows on it yet. I couldn't believe how well it ran stuff like Elden Ring and GoW2018. If only that fuckface Timmy at Epic wouldn't have secured exclusive Genshin storefront rights to EGS, there's a chance it may have run without Windows. Not 100% likely, but a chance. It is Unity after all.

Mistake

I took a break for a while and started playing again recently. The current timed event took ages for the dialogue, even when skipping all of it. Seems the explanations for stuff is always too thorough as well, because once I start, it’s a lot easier than they make it out to be.

Anyway, I did 30 pulls and got the current 4 star. Haven’t had any luck with characters, but I have enough already, so it’s fine.

Last edited:

Pejo

Hey Fuz Fuz
Ruby is officially the next banner/first banner of 2.0.
Feag3KKXgA8tcC9
Looks like she also has Flame resonance, so Cobalt is an easy skip unless you like her.

Pejo

Nilou teaser:

New York City Sleeping GIF by HBO Max

Imagine being a belly dancer that doesn't even show your belly button. Apparently she's the most travelersexual character in the game and possibly even moreso than Ayaka (previous #1 traveler simp). From the design to the kit I couldn't be less impressed though. What a waste of the 'dancer' character. Not even a veil.

*edit*

Part 2 of the fan-made underground maps, this time for the desert area:

Last edited:

Pejo

Boy they sure are drip feeding us Dendro characters. I mean we'll have Kusanali so that solves most people's needs, but damn. Hope there are a few surprise characters in there, that list is super depressing considering. I'd rather have Alhaitham than snakedoc.

Fake

Gold Member
Boy they sure are drip feeding us Dendro characters. I mean we'll have Kusanali so that solves most people's needs, but damn. Hope there are a few surprise characters in there, that list is super depressing considering. I'd rather have Alhaitham than snakedoc.

Well, so far Dendro sucks and or they either buff dendro or increase the number of Dendro characters with should be higher since Sumeru exist.

Fake

Gold Member
Mmm. This means that I could roll for Scara, if he's meta. Or maybe Dehya. Enough time to save for Alhaitam again.

Will vary between Scara banner. I still confuse about Scara being Anemo... Faruzan is suppose to be *4 anemo bow with a kit similat to the Anemo Traveler and Sucrose.

Pejo

Damn, someone turned the beach teapot into a desert town. Cool idea.

Since the Sumeru teapot is the stupid cloudy vines, I might have to do something like this. Man I wanted an "Arabian Nights" themed teapot so bad.

59grw0hvqcs91.png

*edit*

Damn, I just realized that Nilou's banner starts next week. This patch has flown by so far.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Hey Fuz Fuz
Ruby is officially the next banner/first banner of 2.0.
Feag3KKXgA8tcC9
Looks like she also has Flame resonance, so Cobalt is an easy skip unless you like her.
Nerfed too. Not sure. I hate both her design and her weapon.
At this point, I only know I need Lin.

Btw.
Physical = Geo :messenger_crying:

Pejo

Nerfed too. Not sure. I hate both her design and her weapon.
At this point, I only know I need Lin.

Btw.
Physical = Geo :messenger_crying:
All of the GL version is gonna be "nerfed" since they powercrept so hard and so fast in CN version. You can't look at CN as a frame of reference from performance, just vs. other GL characters. Every character is worse than their CN counterpart. Since we're also just straight up not getting the collab characters, there will be further splits in the meta.

I just looked at Ruby's gameplay too though and its "meh" for me. Kinda plays like Flame Nemesis without heals. I don't really like playing any of the ranged characters so far. It's kinda stupid that they released 2 back to back ranged Flame DPS characters with resonance. Volt needs a proper shatter character or a tank, that should have come next.

Def agree that phys is especially fucked though. I really like the design of the punch nun, maybe she'll make physical fun. I still haven't found anything I like better than Frigg. That field and her gameplay style is a lot of fun and is useful in literally any Frost team, and sometimes not even Frost teams. Unlimited dodges is great for tanking for instance, to proc Phantasia really reliably. She also charges super fast so I can dps while I'm the healer. If phys got a character like her, they'd be in a great spot with Shiro + Claudia. Well, if Hotta would quit adding physical immunity +50% to every encounter in the game.

Also the original story for Shirli from the beta leaked, looks like Zeke straight up fucking killed her in the original. Also she had big tits. Apparently CN players hated that she died (despite us only knowing her for like 30 mins before this cutscene happens), so they changed it to turning her into Nemesis, which in some ways is even more fucked up.

Fuz

Banned
All of the GL version is gonna be "nerfed" since they powercrept so hard and so fast in CN version. You can't look at CN as a frame of reference from performance, just vs. other GL characters. Every character is worse than their CN counterpart. Since we're also just straight up not getting the collab characters, there will be further splits in the meta.

I just looked at Ruby's gameplay too though and its "meh" for me. Kinda plays like Flame Nemesis without heals. I don't really like playing any of the ranged characters so far. It's kinda stupid that they released 2 back to back ranged Flame DPS characters with resonance. Volt needs a proper shatter character or a tank, that should have come next.

Def agree that phys is especially fucked though. I really like the design of the punch nun, maybe she'll make physical fun. I still haven't found anything I like better than Frigg. That field and her gameplay style is a lot of fun and is useful in literally any Frost team, and sometimes not even Frost teams. Unlimited dodges is great for tanking for instance, to proc Phantasia really reliably. She also charges super fast so I can dps while I'm the healer. If phys got a character like her, they'd be in a great spot with Shiro + Claudia. Well, if Hotta would quit adding physical immunity +50% to every encounter in the game.

Also the original story for Shirli from the beta leaked, looks like Zeke straight up fucking killed her in the original. Also she had big tits. Apparently CN players hated that she died (despite us only knowing her for like 30 mins before this cutscene happens), so they changed it to turning her into Nemesis, which in some ways is even more fucked up.

I know they're gonna be all nerfed, I think I'll just wait for 2.0 (apparently the characters are better from that point onward) and Lin, who you can slot everywhere regardless of her being nerfed or not.
And yeah, I should have pulled for Frigg instead. I like Claudia, both her weapon and her simulacra, but I just end up not using her.

Also she had big tits.

WHAT?!​

Apparently CN players hated that she died (despite us only knowing her for like 30 mins before this cutscene happens)
Fucking simps. They know nothing of good storytelling. And fucking weak hotta.

Last edited:

Pejo

I know they're gonna be all nerfed, I think I'll just wait for 2.0 (apparently the characters are better from that point onward) and Lin, who you can slot everywhere regardless of her being nerfed or not.
And yeah, I should have pulled for Frigg instead. I like Claudia, both her weapon and her simulacra, but I just end up not using her.

WHAT?!​

maxresdefault.jpg

Pejo

By the way, are the no "bonus teapot sets" for Sumeru characters yet?
Not yet, Chubby will probably sell them whatever patch we have access to the Sumeru teapot from the big seed, like Inazuma did with their teapot locked by the tree level.

• Thoughtful

Pejo

My Benny boy is already with Skyward blade.

Aquila feels weird on everyone. Here's hoping it fits Alhaitham :messenger_tears_of_joy:
It's the highest base atk in the game, which makes it BiS for Benny's buff (Only his base atk + base weapon atk factors into the buff, no artifact ATK and no ATK%). It used to be BiS for Physical Keqing but she's better as Aggravate now. If you actually build out Kaeya he's pretty strong with it, otherwise it's a weapon waiting for a physical sword DPS. I've seen some pretty interesting "Immortal Qiqi" teams with it too, but it takes a lot of very specific building and doesn't come out ahead of any other type of team, but it's viable if you like Qiqi.

Top Bottom