• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Is this sarcasm?

Oh man, I love how the community is up in arms for the 2nd anniversary.

Kind of.

While I do get the drama, I was being sarcastic because most youtubers talk about it only for the bait and views.

I remember following good old Mtashed 2 years ago, when he covered Genshin on a daily basis, but at some point he ranted about the game and said he was gonna quit.

Fast forward 2 years, and he is still covering and spending on the game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fake

Gold Member
Remember that interview over ENG VA?

I do. Never used ENG VA in my life again.

Last edited:

Saber

Good. They would have been much further ahead by simply not doing that interview. Smug fucks, always doing stupid shit around the anniversary.

I wouldn't put my hopes in the fanbase of GI, expecially the ones that come from reddit and twitter.
Last time I check they were doing a drama over the voice actor(dunno from, but don't care) and surprise surprise, another color of skin.

I'm very critical of GI because I care deeply for it. But I only complain about game mechanics, character kit, damage scales and world building(plataforming, puzzles, etc). Lol I couldn't give a damn if they give prizes for anniversary, I rather prefer events and more fun stuff(like mini-games, you know the chill stuff). Nowadays I don't care much about the story details...used to be good so nowadays I just complete and get over it. All this drama and how Miyoho handles it simply made me forget about giving them feedback. As you guys know, I was the official Xynian bug reporter and after dozens of dozens of feedbacks in vain, I rather keep the suggestions, criticisms and bug reporting for myself or just post here in the forum so it could be used by you guys.

Fuz

Banned
I only skimmed it since I don't want spoilers and I'm not that far yet but looks like it is part of Archon Chapter III, part IV.

...yes.

There are no magi, that's the point.

Pejo

I wouldn't put my hopes in the fanbase of GI, expecially the ones that come from reddit and twitter.
Last time I check they were doing a drama over the voice actor(dunno from, but don't care) and surprise surprise, another color of skin.
Yea you're 100% right on this.
I'm very critical of GI because I care deeply for it. But I only complain about game mechanics, character kit, damage scales and world building(plataforming, puzzles, etc). Lol I couldn't give a damn if they give prizes for anniversary, I rather prefer events and more fun stuff(like mini-games, you know the chill stuff). Nowadays I don't care much about the story details...used to be good so nowadays I just complete and get over it. All this drama and how Miyoho handles it simply made me forget about giving them feedback. As you guys know, I was the official Xynian bug reporter and after dozens of dozens of feedbacks in vain, I rather keep the suggestions, criticisms and bug reporting for myself or just post here in the forum so it could be used by you guys.
Yea I think people are all complaining about different things. I've been busy working today so I haven't had a chance to keep up on the latest outrages. From what I'm seeing, most people are whining about the "No new hard content" bit, which I don't personally care about, but I'm sure others do. The fact that they're not planning on balancing any underperforming characters or even adding the rest of the reactions for Dendro is the part that annoys me. Also the resin thing. The whole interview basically says "we ain't changin' shit, deal with it". I do believe that sometimes you should ignore the playerbase, but probably not in a long term live service game that can easily change. I do think that if you're trying to keep it casual and keep people building characters they don't really need, the least you could do is level the playing field a bit with some character buffs or something.

A while ago I read an idea I really liked. When the inevitable level 100 cap gets released, give all characters a new ascension passive to address their weaknesses. This is something in line with what everybody wants. Give Amber a healing component or buff her baron bunny, Make all of Xinyan's skills scale off of DEF and give her Imbue, lengthen Sara's buff to 12 seconds OR give the CDMG buff to any element. Things like that, that could be easily implemented and make a world of difference if they really just want us using our favorites and not worrying about meta.

I've mentioned before, I hate being forced into specific team comps to properly use characters. I like trying new things and finding something that works. I don't like repeating characters in multiple team comps if I can help it. All of these things for me are getting worse with these specific use characters, and the fact that it's bleeding into 5*s now really sucks.

Fake

Gold Member
People not liking something you did = abuse

Fucking pathetic snowflakes.

Thats why I particulary hate excess of positivity.

Looking at the Genshin Impact Leak Reddit, one guy got a massive downvote because he don't like the Scaramouche boss, others users ask him why and then he reply saying he was expecting a machine with Sumeru thematic (like those new Ruin guards with Sage simbols), not a machine with Inazuma thematic. IMO he has a valid point, but bruh he is a hater.

Last edited:

Saber

A while ago I read an idea I really liked. When the inevitable level 100 cap gets released, give all characters a new ascension passive to address their weaknesses. This is something in line with what everybody wants. Give Amber a healing component or buff her baron bunny, Make all of Xinyan's skills scale off of DEF and give her Imbue, lengthen Sara's buff to 12 seconds OR give the CDMG buff to any element. Things like that, that could be easily implemented and make a world of difference if they really just want us using our favorites and not worrying about meta.

I used to think that way, but after noticing how they're handling GI balance nowadays I have my doubts.
Already discussed with my brother that I felt like they will adopt the "reborn" approach, which is basically you reborning your character with better stats overall, but with the cost of reverting it back to level 1, while increasing the ascencion the costs. This is the most idiotic approach in any game, Ragnarok online took that approach and pretty much kill everyone who was looking foward to it. But taking account they are mega greed(just like Gravity), I wouldn't discount my guess. Reason is that even though most casuals don't care, this would be a perfect approach for whales.

Fuz

Banned
So, apparently there's a world quest in Sumeru that needs a random commission in Inazuma to activate
NZZ89.gif

Pejo

I realize this is a private test server with custom stat/HP values, but,
1. The guy playing sucks ass
2. If this is what we can expect from Nilou teams, I am thoroughly unimpressed.

*edit*

Dendro cube preview. I have to say, other than the 90% of the fight being invulnerable like every cube, this one is actualy pretty good. Lots of different moves.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Can't hype for cubes anymore.

Pyro cube was a total mess.

edit: Best showcase for Nilou. She is pretty bad.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

This is the last elemental cube, so it's all Regisvines and Oceanids/Thunder Manifestations iterations from here on out.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I don't understand your question.

Equivalent Exchange is a world quest that occurs in Favonius Cathedral, Mondstadt, Mondstadt. Unlocking this quest only requires completing the commission https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Tales_of_Winter once.

Fuz

Banned
Uh, yeah, and it's not the only other one, but the point is you need a commission in a different nation.

crumbs

Speaking of Viktor from the Equivalent Exchange, if you finish his commission string and he leaves Mondstadt, he shows up in Sumeru as a commission.

• Triggered

crumbs

Try guess what is his new commission name?
Don't have to guess since I got this commission a couple of days ago, it's "Equivalent Exchange Once More". He requested that I help him get wood for toy carvings. Sounds like there will be more from him down the road, so we can all look forward to more RNG commission fun :messenger_neutral:

Fake

Gold Member
Don't have to guess since I got this commission a couple of days ago, it's "Equivalent Exchange Once More". He requested that I help him get wood for toy carvings. Sounds like there will be more from him down the road, so we can all look forward to more RNG commission fun :messenger_neutral:

Can't wait for him to move to the next country and people start to think that he is spying the Traveler.

Pejo

Man I can't believe I'm getting commission crept. I'm so far behind on the RNG commissions for Mondstadt, I haven't progressed any of the ones that can progress.

Also have that annoying Zhongli related commission to give the guy random materials in Liyue and I have no idea which ones I've already given him.

crumbs

Man I can't believe I'm getting commission crept. I'm so far behind on the RNG commissions for Mondstadt, I haven't progressed any of the ones that can progress.

Also have that annoying Zhongli related commission to give the guy random materials in Liyue and I have no idea which ones I've already given him.
I'm still missing most of the RNG commissions in Liyue and Inazuma, including the Zhongli one you mentioned. I'm set to Sumeru now, so I'll probably never get some of those RNG commissions.

I've discovered another irritating thing about rare RNG commissions: once you complete them and trigger their related achievement, their appearance rate increases significantly. Had this happen with the Tsarevich and Anna's adventurers' guild commissions.

Pejo

One more week 'till Aloy's mail expires. I've heard she will be forced on me when that happens, but I'm still holding out hope it will just disappear.
Damn you actually held out on it. I claimed her and got her to 20 for the free standard wish which got me a Debate Club.

Damn you actually held out on it. I claimed her and got her to 20 for the free standard wish which got me a Debate Club.
It took some getting used to that I wasn't able to use "claim all" in the menu anymore.

I had a discussion yesterday with a friend about how boring wishing is in this game because 90% of the rewards suck. He thought it was perfectly fine that we could only get 3 star weapons. It honestly feels unfinished to me.

Fake

Gold Member
Thats the problem with Genshin Impact those days.

New enemies and bosses getting tougher and more tougher, only for the reward be exactly the same when we start to play Genshin Impact.

The real reward are those 'new materials' for 'new characters' that if you don't have interess, they will occupy space in your inventory. You can trade for Mora or others things.

Pejo

I just receive the Tales of Winter Commission this year.

My expired two weeks ago. Aloy email got back to their remake.

And yes, when expires he disappear.
I can't say Aloy is all bad, she's the first playable character we got that has a beard. Plus annoyingly she's got a great passive talent for capturing teapot pets.

It took some getting used to that I wasn't able to use "claim all" in the menu anymore.

I had a discussion yesterday with a friend about how boring wishing is in this game because 90% of the rewards suck. He thought it was perfectly fine that we could only get 3 star weapons. It honestly feels unfinished to me.
I keep hoping they do what they did in Honkai Impact and replace the chaff in the gacha with upgrade materials like XP books, ore, and Mora. There's precedent for it, so we can only hope.

Fake

Gold Member
I can't say Aloy is all bad, she's the first playable character we got that has a beard. Plus annoyingly she's got a great passive talent for capturing teapot pets.

I just don't like her. IMO she don't belong to this game because is an anime game. As same as Kratos or whatever american/west character.

If was a character from Japan Studios or Ape Escape, Gravity Rush... would be perfect fine. When I see her, is like I seeing Fortnite.

• Thoughtful

Pejo

I just don't like her. IMO she don't belong to this game because is an anime game. As same as Kratos or whatever american/west character.

If was a character from Japan Studios or Ape Escape, Gravity Rush... would be perfect fine. When I see her, is like I seeing Fortnite.
Man it's such a shame that Kat from Gravity Rush didn't become more popular. She'd probably look great in Genshin, but I dunno what her kit would be other than some kicks.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Man Paimon's lines are so freaking bad lately, I feel like I'm watching a 4 year old kids shows.

Favonious Goodies & Buddies?

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Last edited:

crumbs

Man Paimon's lines are so freaking bad latey, I feel like I'm watching a 4 year old kids shows.

Favonious Goodies & Buddies?

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office
Lately? Tolerating Paimon is like building up calluses on your fingers while learning to play the guitar. Eventually you just don't feel anything...

Kidding aside, I agree, Paimon has been particularly annoying during this event.

Last edited:

Pejo

Well, just finished all of the rest of the Wineserfest or whatever quest. I actually liked it. Maybe it's my Mondstadt bias, but I thought the quests were short enough while revisiting most of the characters and giving a little flavor. Venti ain't all that bad for an archon, just involved enough when he needs to be to nudge people in the right direction. Rewards were better than usual, the various event types were unobtrusive and good from a viewpoint of time required to earn the rewards. I like that "camp decimation" event type where we just go fuck up some enemies and then fly to the next area and do it again. I'd be ok if they made those a weekly quest type with random enemies. The goodies stall thing was the weakest part, but only because I think they didn't really go for it. There should have been more mechanics other than just increasing the bars to the recommended levels by using money and perks. It'd be cool if we had to buy from other shops at low amounts, sell high, go farm some inredients ourselves etc. I'm not really into business sims, but it seems like they just dipped their toes in the water and called it a day.

We also heard voice lines from Varka, Diluc's dad, and Kaeya's dad from Khaenri'ah. Varka definitely had old man gruff voice, so if he is playable, it's almost guaranteed he'll be an old dude. That's kinda hype. Also they remembered that Rosaria existed.

Man fuck those censored costumes though, they annoy me just by being on the screen in these events.

crumbs

The goodies stall thing was the weakest part, but only because I think they didn't really go for it. There should have been more mechanics other than just increasing the bars to the recommended levels by using money and perks. It'd be cool if we had to buy from other shops at low amounts, sell high, go farm some inredients ourselves etc. I'm not really into business sims, but it seems like they just dipped their toes in the water and called it a day.

The people skilled enough to handle the math in a business sim game would probably be smart enough to avoid playing gacha games. One look at those drop rates would send them running.

Calculating Russell Crowe GIF

Saber

The only quest that I actually dislike was the one which you basically fetch items(again) and the event about wildboars. The rest was pretty shill and could pretty much be a fun mini-game.

I found the stall to be an interest take to be honest. It's the most non "combat" or puzzle-like thing they ever made. And while it's no complex, it was a fun idea. At least to me.

Fuz

Banned
Can I rant again about the lack of animations for ANYTHING or are you guys just to sick to hear about it?

Fake

Gold Member
Are Razor parents just ordinary NPCs like the Blue Demon?

edit: I discovery that bloom damage not only consume Xingu hydro swords, but they also ignore the sword damage reduction.

Last edited:
Top Bottom