• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Nankatsu

Gold Member
It's the highest base atk in the game, which makes it BiS for Benny's buff (Only his base atk + base weapon atk factors into the buff, no artifact ATK and no ATK%). It used to be BiS for Physical Keqing but she's better as Aggravate now. If you actually build out Kaeya he's pretty strong with it, otherwise it's a weapon waiting for a physical sword DPS. I've seen some pretty interesting "Immortal Qiqi" teams with it too, but it takes a lot of very specific building and doesn't come out ahead of any other type of team, but it's viable if you like Qiqi.
Who likes qiqi? She haunts everyone's 50/50 pulls :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Finally got my Cyno up to level 90. Think I'm gonna stick with Cyno / Yelan / MC Dendro / Zhongli as a team.

I'm kind of sad to see Kazuha go, but Zhongli's shield for Cyno is essential to me, even thought I'm running him with a fucking Skyward Spine.

Last edited:

Saber

Just got Aquila Favonia on standard banner.

Who's this ancient weapon better suited for?

Kaeya is a good candidate. Use on characters that can really make use of aa.
Keqing is good as well since you can choose between aa normal and infused.

Pejo

New one-and-done Nilou web event:

I'm kinda pissed that I got in on the dice one too late and missed some primos, it just ended like an hour ago.

There's another Hoyolab event that has redeemable primos that lasts until the end of the month here:

Fuz

Banned
I fucking hate those web events, and I double fucking hate that they autopause when you alt tab them away during pointless animations.

BJK

Also missed out on the last reward from the board game.
On the plus side, got a Welkin Moon from the anniversary! Second straight year winning the lottery; 3 more wins & I could actually buy a character skin. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Same, only managed to get 2 primo rewards out of 3.

If only they focused on the main game like they focus on web browser events.

Snoop Dogg Yes GIF

Saber

So yeah...
After I lost my pulls on the weapon banner, I persistented until the very end. Pick every damn quest, hangout, side-quest, full sumeru and Inazuma exploration(includes all islands), max Inazuma tower, Sakura tree fevor and countless shit, but I manage to get the 5 Star spear. I won because of sheer persistence, because my pity was at like 68 or 70, can't remember. And no, didn't use a single cash.
Seriously, I'm dead...never gonna pull for weapon banner ever again.

Fuz

Banned
So yeah...
After I lost my pulls on the weapon banner, I persistented until the very end. Pick every damn quest, hangout, side-quest, full sumeru and Inazuma exploration(includes all islands), max Inazuma tower, Sakura tree fevor and countless shit, but I manage to get the 5 Star spear. I won because of sheer persistence, because my pity was at like 68 or 70, can't remember. And no, didn't use a single cash.
Seriously, I'm dead...never gonna pull for weapon banner ever again.
ryan reynolds hd GIF

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Should I pull for Cyno's weapon? I could really use a new spear, because that way I could get primordial jade spear back to Zhongli. But if I hit shaft or win, no dendro Archon for me.

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

Last edited:

Saber

Should I pull for Cyno's weapon? I could really use a new spear, because that way I could get primordial jade spear back to Zhongli. But if I hit shaft or win, no dendro Archon for me.

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

You want to be like me, dead inside? No or No?
Hint:
No

Last edited:

Pejo

Betting Game Night GIF by Mashed

If it means not getting Kusanali, absolutely not. She'll likely be "THE" Dendro character for at least a year, based on leaks so far.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Thanks Genshin Kyodais, I'll avoid from going into weapon banner.

Damn, this whole quest in underground desert is really cool to explore. Props to Mihoyo for this one.

Which brings me to the following question:

Anyone got bugged out in Proceed deeper within the ruins 0/2 phase?

Last edited:

deanote666

Fuz Fuz
Just finished act IV. I think the 3 magi are the 3 scholars you recovered. The one in the hospital and the 2 at the end of the quest that you interrogate.

That or the grandpa and the 2 you interrogate.

Last edited:
I didn't win this year. Can't complain too much though.

Still haven't been to the desert area, but I've been pre-farming for Kusanali. I have 450 wishes ready for her, think I'll hold onto the rest for Dehya.

Fuz

Banned
Fuz Fuz
Just finished act IV. I think the 3 magi are the 3 scholars you recovered. The one in the hospital and the 2 at the end of the quest that you interrogate.

That or the grandpa and the 2 you interrogate.
That sounds dumb. The magi are 3 random undistinguishable NPCs?

Edit: hey, I 100% the whole Sumeru. Noice.

Last edited:

Pejo

Good visual summary of the known characters via leaks and approximate patches:

s54extxvsts91.jpg

Hope MHY reconsiders and puts Dehya at 3.3. Fuck Scaramouche. Though 3.5 gives me more time to save.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Good visual summary of the known characters via leaks and approximate patches:

s54extxvsts91.jpg

Hope MHY reconsiders and puts Dehya at 3.3. Fuck Scaramouche. Though 3.5 gives me more time to save.

del bosque soccer GIF by Fusion

For Alhaitham.

Bright side is that I have an insane amount of time to save for him. I won't even be mad if I lose Nahida's 50/50.

Also Scaramouche is Raiden with a bowl cut. Now that I know she is his mommy, I can't unseen that.

crumbs

Is my math very wrong or we don't have yet enough dendroculus to max the Statue?
Yes, we're no where close to being able to max the statue. The interactive map shows 180 available up to v3.1, but you would need a total of 192 to hit level 8.

Assuming the statue maxes at 10 and levels 9 & 10 will each require in the high 30 range to unlock, we'll still need around 80-90 more, or something like 260-270 range total. This is a significant increase over the other regions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Apparently rumors on twitter (lol) are saying he might be the reincarnation of King Deshret, with his design has reference and similarities to the cutscene of the priest's last words in the Archon quest King Deshret and the Three Magi.

Last edited:

Pejo

Apparently rumors on twitter (lol) are saying he might be the reincarnation of King Deshret, with his design has reference and similarities to the cutscene of the priest's last words in the Archon quest King Deshret and the Three Magi.
I touched on my thoughts about this way way back when 3.1 first released, but I think most people skipped it since it has spoilers and they probably weren't done with the quest yet. Anyways, here are my thoughts about it, from that post:

So I finished the new archon story last night, man it was a lot longer than usual. Loving the lore implications though.

So we confirmed a bunch of stuff at the end of this. Scarlet King and Rukkhadevata were friends, working together to help save the people of the desert from the "forbidden knowledge" which I'm guessing might have been knowledge of Celestia. And I think that was more metaphorical because the black sludge and the madness are signs of the same shit that happened when Celestia dropped the nail in other regions, so it's probably related to Celestia dropping a nail in the desert. Rukkhadevata did not end up dying in the Cataclysm at all, she simply shrunk due to using up most of her power and turned into Kusanali. It's unclear yet what happened to her memories or powers, but I'm guessing in chapter 4 we'll see the meaning behind the whole "World... Forget me..." quote that's been passed around since we arrived in Sumeru, and it'll be related to why she is the way she is currently.

Such a shame, Rukkhadevata looked amazing in the cutscenes, wish she was the archon we got as playable. I don't hate Kusanali, I'm just not a fan of the kid characters. Anyways, we got some lore drips about The Scarlet King, and now I firmly believe that Alhaitham is in fact a homunculus (like Albedo) with the Scarlet King's gem embedded into his neck. Also, the symbolism used for the Scarlet King is the exact same color pattern as his eyes, turquoise on the outside with the red/brown in the center. In the animation, when they talked about the Scarlet King sacrificing himself, it showed that he turned into a small green gem (looked identical to his neck gem) and fell into the sand. Wonder if Alice or Rhinedottir could be related to Alhaitham too. This also makes me wonder if Albedo is now wearing the crystallized gem of a dead god in his neck, instead of just some random yellow one. Could that be Durin or maybe Rhinedottir herself?

I'll add that now that I've had some more lore dropped in the game from other quests and NPCs, I have a few changed thoughts:
I don't think Kusanali is Rukkha anymore. They're different beings but inextricably linked in some way. It's all going to be related to the "world.....forget me..." line, but I haven't figured out quite how yet. Something about how the aranara say "the forest rememebers." Maybe a reincarnation, maybe the forest/Dendro created Kusanali to fill the void of the archon being gone, maybe something else, but I think they're different in the sense that Kusanali isn't just a shrunken Rukkha with amnesia.

crumbs

I touched on my thoughts about this way way back when 3.1 first released, but I think most people skipped it since it has spoilers and they probably weren't done with the quest yet. Anyways, here are my thoughts about it, from that post:

I'll add that now that I've had some more lore dropped in the game from other quests and NPCs, I have a few changed thoughts:
I don't think Kusanali is Rukkha anymore. They're different beings but inextricably linked in some way. It's all going to be related to the "world.....forget me..." line, but I haven't figured out quite how yet. Something about how the aranara say "the forest rememebers." Maybe a reincarnation, maybe the forest/Dendro created Kusanali to fill the void of the archon being gone, maybe something else, but I think they're different in the sense that Kusanali isn't just a shrunken Rukkha with amnesia.
To your last point, the timeline in the game supports the idea that Kusanali is not just a mini, memory-reset version of the Rukkhadevata. The Greater Lord & the Scarlet King's team up against the forbidden knowledge, which resulted in the Scarlet King's "death", happened over a thousand years ago. This is much earlier than the Khandriah incident 500 years prior that caused Rukkhadevata's disappearance/death.

It feels like the writers are going for a plant metaphor for Kusanali's birth, as if Rukkhadevata left a Kusanali as a seed or "cutting" of herself in the Akasha to be "born" upon her death. There's also a line from Kusanali following the Groundhog's Day bit that reveals Kusanali was the first Akasha terminal, which I took to mean that Rukkhadevata was Kusanali's creator. There is a possibility that this line was poor English translation of the original meaning.

Fake

Gold Member

There are others old rumors saying that Alhaitham is the 'young' version of Doctore, but he is like the 'black sheep' of the vesel family or maybe Doctore discarted him.
In the other hand, Cyno have a similar design of the Scarlet King, so who knows.
[/spoilers]

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
There are others old rumors saying that Alhaitham is the 'young' version of Doctore, but he is like the 'black sheep' of the vesel family or maybe Doctore discarted him.
In the other hand, Cyno have a similar design of the Scarlet King, so who knows.
[/spoilers]

Genshin going full Kingdom Hearts on the narrative?

tumblr_njpf0grVvU1tob1xvo1_r1_500.gifv

Fake

Gold Member

Genshin division actually copy many ideias from others games franchise. In the Fatui trailer, one of the members do ask him about 'he looking more young than before'.

And we still need to confirm if Doctore really created Scaramouche since I don't really believe Shogun created him alone, probably with the fatui help.

Pejo

To your last point, the timeline in the game supports the idea that Kusanali is not just a mini, memory-reset version of the Rukkhadevata. The Greater Lord & the Scarlet King's team up against the forbidden knowledge, which resulted in the Scarlet King's "death", happened over a thousand years ago. This is much earlier than the Khandriah incident 500 years prior that caused Rukkhadevata's disappearance/death.

It feels like the writers are going for a plant metaphor for Kusanali's birth, as if Rukkhadevata left a Kusanali as a seed or "cutting" of herself in the Akasha to be "born" upon her death. There's also a line from Kusanali following the Groundhog's Day bit that reveals Kusanali was the first Akasha terminal, which I took to mean that Rukkhadevata was Kusanali's creator. There is a possibility that this line was poor English translation of the original meaning.
Good point. I'm not sure where I read it, whether in game or not, but supposedly Rukkha was the only archon that did not fight Khaenri'ah in the war, so it might still be possible that the timelines match up. Supposedly she was fighting to save Irminsul while that was going on. Still not sure if that happened after the Deshret incident or was during it.

You know thematically it's not just coincidence that this whole chapter is about life cycles, growth, seeds, plants, withering, roots, Irminsul, memories, desertification, etc. I just don't know how they're going to put it together for the story because it could feasibly work any number of ways, and they can always do the anime "asspull at the last moment" thing too, where the true story comes out of nowhere. I don't think they'll do that though, so we likely have all of the "pieces" to put the story together already.

I wonder if Kusanali is an archon "Seed", and if that's unique to her because of Dendro, or if all archons are bound by similar rules. The archons have all been somewhat linked to Irminsul, but most of them weren't as obvious with it. It IS obvious though, that Irminsul is going to be endgame of the story, at least in how it relates to Teyvat and what Celestia is doing there to begin with. We might have true endgame be in Celestia itself which I believe to be a foreign spaceship or something of that nature, not native to Teyvat for sure.

Anyways, for the other archons and their relation to Irminsul, we have -
  • Venti - Vanessa's tree in Windrise. Not shown to have the typical white roots, but it's a unique tree in both size, shape, and significance as Venti keeps going back to it, almost like he's using it as a power source or talking to memories through it. Dragonspine was obviously either a tree itself or a place where Irminsul grew, as it was targeted by a Celestia nail and we see the white roots in there.
  • Zhongli - His old buddy Azhdaha has Irminsul growing out of his back, also seems to be sealed by roots of Irminsul in his domain. Chasm targeted by Celestia nail, we see the white roots there.
  • Ei - Makoto's seed and the Sakura tree are both Irminsul, well technically the same thing because of time/reality fuckery. I'm suspecting that when we get to the "nail" area of Tsurumi island, we will see white roots. We can already see 3 giant dead Irminsul trees on the island (which people mistake for mountains/volcanoes for some reason), and this explains the whole fog/ghost bits as Irminsul collects and houses the "memories" or the dead of Teyvat.
Hopefully the conclusion of Kusanali's chapter gives us some more info on what's going on with Irminsul, why Celestia wants to stamp it out on a grand scale, and why the archons are then using/protecting it. We know we'll get an explanation of why Dottore is burning it, so I'm sure we'll move the plot forward at least a bit from here.

Man, that ended up being longer than I expected it would.

*edit*

God I fucking hope not. I don't think MHY's writers in their worst days could match Nomura's fuckery though.

Genshin division actually copy many ideias from others games franchise. In the Fatui trailer, one of the members do ask him about 'he looking more young than before'.

And we still need to confirm if Doctore really created Scaramouche since I don't really believe Shogun created him alone, probably with the fatui help.
The story told us that Dottore and the Akademia is helping Scaramouche make his god body or vessel or whatever, but Ei created the puppet. It was a prototype to Shogun and then she couldn't destroy him, so she let him live and wander the realm with his own freedom. His cutscene showing her abandoning him was from his viewpoint and was skewed by what he believes, which isn't necessarily true at all. I'm also not sold on the idea of Alhaitham being a Dottore clone anymore, because now I think he's a homoculus like Albedo, but with the gem of the Scarlet King in his neck.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
The story told us that Dottore and the Akademia is helping Scaramouche make his god body or vessel or whatever, but Ei created the puppet. It was a prototype to Shogun and then she couldn't destroy him, so she let him live and wander the realm with his own freedom. His cutscene showing her abandoning him was from his viewpoint and was skewed by what he believes, which isn't necessarily true at all. I'm also not sold on the idea of Alhaitham being a Dottore clone anymore, because now I think he's a homoculus like Albedo, but with the gem of the Scarlet King in his neck.

The problem is, we don't know why Shogun let the Fatui in her country. 'Ei' alone? I mean, nobody alone can create mechanical creatures or even flesh and blood.
I still don't sold about this creation thing. Thats why Inazuma is so trash for being rushed. The Fatui have an entire division just for do research, but no, Ei, in a Feudal country like Inazuma with old tradition, created Scaramouche.
In fact, little is spoked about the conversation between Scaramouche and Ei.

Is like a fucking waste of writing. Since the Mona event this company keep hyping Scaramouche, to in the end 'Ei' make an agreement with Scaramouche, I mean, the same Scaramouche flooded with fury showed in this Sumeru trailer, to trade the ghopinsi for the Travelers life since he could easily take from Ei.

Now, about the Alhaitham is another conversation. Can't say right now what to believe, but lets be honest that he really looks like Doctore in appearance. IDK how the game will tell about this Doctore clones, but maybe they're related.

n21qpdqt30t91.jpg

Last edited:
  • Triggered

Fake

Gold Member
Next country will be the same shit. You gonna need even more hydroculus, no more stamina bonus...

Everything to stop your progress.

• Triggered

crumbs

Those fucking bastards.
I think this confirms that we're getting another decently-sized Sumeru region.

I'm not up to date on leaks, but do we have an idea when another Sumeru region would release? Or what type of biome it could be? That area north of the desert with the swirling sand(?)storm would be an obvious location. There's also some land east of Port Ormos, but that's probably Liyue (Blackcliff Forge?)

Pejo

The problem is, we don't know why Shogun let the Fatui in her country. 'Ei' alone? I mean, nobody alone can create mechanical creatures or even flesh and blood.
I still don't sold about this creation thing. Thats why Inazuma is so trash for being rushed. The Fatui have an entire division just for do research, but no, Ei, in a Feudal country like Inazuma with old tradition, created Scaramouche.
In fact, little is spoked about the conversation between Scaramouche and Ei.

Is like a fucking waste of writing. Since the Mona event this company keep hyping Scaramouche, to in the end 'Ei' make an agreement with Scaramouche, I mean, the same Scaramouche flooded with fury showed in this Sumeru trailer, to trade the ghopinsi for the Travelers life since he could easily take from Ei.

Now, about the Alhaitham is another conversation. Can't say right now what to believe, but lets be honest that he really looks like Doctore in appearance. IDK how the game will tell about this Doctore clones, but maybe they're related.
I get your point, but to me it seems more likely that Celestia assisted with the creation of the dolls than the Fatui. Shogun/Scara were both created right after the archon war, so I don't think the Fatui even existed at the time.
Me who just finished maxing out his brand new Cyno.
Animated GIF

I'm not up to date on leaks, but do we have an idea when another Sumeru region would release? Or what type of biome it could be? That area north of the desert with the swirling sand(?)storm would be an obvious location. There's also some land east of Port Ormos, but that's probably Liyue (Blackcliff Forge?)
The new leaked areas that we should get in the 3.X series of updates are Blackcliff Forge in Liyue, the port (forget the name) above Mondstadt to the north, probably the "nail'd" area of Tsurumi, and recently due to a map glitch for Sumeru, it looks like the next part that opens up is a desert coastal/beach area to the south/southeast of the current desert.

Fuz

Banned

In the sky.

Pejo

Fake Fake you left the best part of that leak you posted earlier out:

oxu7w5ww40t91.jpg

They actually nerfed Layla's damage on both her skill and the burst.

Happy Happiness GIF by The Ringer

Holy fuckin' shit MHY, she already sucked.

She god a cooldown buff so you can use these increasingly terrible skills very frequently. Nice. Very nice.

Last edited:

Saber

Fake Fake you left the best part of that leak you posted earlier out:

oxu7w5ww40t91.jpg

They actually nerfed Layla's damage on both her skill and the burst.

Happy Happiness GIF by The Ringer

Holy fuckin' shit MHY, she already sucked.

She god a cooldown buff so you can use these increasingly terrible skills very frequently. Nice. Very nice.

She barelly reach 30% of damage at max. And they still nerfed her.
Not that I care for excrement characters, but its a full mentally ill move. Like, you want to check if your brain is damage type of move.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Man I completely forgot how talent farming is legit shit when you need weekly boss items to level up. And the rng can even fuck you up at times and you don't get the item you want.

My Cyno level 10 talents is gonna take months to be finished.

Top Bottom