• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

deanote666

Anyone figure out if there's any reason to keep playing the song for the tree at the end of the quest? Can play it every hour or so.

Fake

Gold Member
Fake Fake you left the best part of that leak you posted earlier out:

oxu7w5ww40t91.jpg

They actually nerfed Layla's damage on both her skill and the burst.

Happy Happiness GIF by The Ringer

Holy fuckin' shit MHY, she already sucked.

She god a cooldown buff so you can use these increasingly terrible skills very frequently. Nice. Very nice.

Oh yeah, the birthday.

Good fucking luck with her shit design. GI in the character artistic design is getting really depressing. Mika and Layla are fucking garbage. They really need to fire the team behind the character design because is super worring.
I remember after that China censorship people start to worry about the future design and is getting fucking real at this point.

At this point they know she gonna flop. No kidding.

Last edited:

Pejo

Anyone figure out if there's any reason to keep playing the song for the tree at the end of the quest? Can play it every hour or so.
I do it once a day. Dunno.
Oh yeah, the birthday.

Good fucking luck with her shit design. GI in the character artistic design is getting really depressing. Mika and Layla are fucking garbage. They really need to fire the team behind the character design because is super worring.
I remember after that China censorship people start to worry about the future design and is getting fucking real at this point.

At this point they know she gonna flop. No kidding.
She's likely on the same banner as Kusanali, so everyone will end up with her, probably at C1/C2. Due to that, she ESPECIALLY cannot be good. If she was actually usable somewhere, she'd have been on the rerun 2nd banner to try to bait pulls.

Fake

Gold Member
I do it once a day. Dunno.

She's likely on the same banner as Kusanali, so everyone will end up with her, probably at C1/C2. Due to that, she ESPECIALLY cannot be good. If she was actually usable somewhere, she'd have been on the rerun 2nd banner to try to bait pulls.

I don't even know what her elemental skill do... create a shield?

Pejo

So I finally finished the desert ruins world quest, and to my surprise, you're only like 1/3 of the way done with the underground areas when you finish the quest. There's a ton of puzzles and shit under there. Absolutely loving it. They even hid a shrine of depths underground. I'm really enjoying the puzzles, they seem to be about medium difficulty, but are getting harder for the non-quest related areas. I keep running into "you don't have enough clearance" bullshit though, which is frustrating. I may actually look up how to max out your clearance so I don't have to keep backtracking. I normally would just figure it out myself but because there is no underground map and the map markers are basically fucking useless, it's tough to find previous puzzles when I need to come back.

Still the desert has really impressed me, it's exactly what I hoped it would be. Big open dunes on top, caves full of treasure and stuff down below. I just wish we had more enemy variety underground, but what can you do I guess. They could have given us 2-3 more variants of the machine enemies I feel. The high tech ancient Egyptian theme just fits really well together for some reason though.

I'm surprised they don't have more quests guiding you to some of these new optional areas. Or maybe they do and I just missed them, but still a lot of stuff was fairly obscure and the entrance to one of the huge underground areas was through an area you pass in the main world quest and have no real reason to come back to.

Got statue to level 7, tree to 30, finally hit the 60% explored for Sumeru too. Got rank 7 fame and got the Dendroculus locater gadget, but haven't used it yet. I've been playing for a bunch of hours straight since I had off of work today, but I'm beat now. Good shit though.

*edit*

Banners (Albedo's the rerunning 5* in the other character banner):
ixu6xxn6p3t91.jpg

z3bwpe07p3t91.jpg

That's a skip and a skip and a skip for me.

Last edited:

Saber

Two of those characters I already have at max, while one theres like 2 cons missing and I have no necessity or interest to pick.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Same. Nilou is easy skip.

Barbara and Xiangling are already C6 and I don't play neither, Beidou is at C3 and I have no rush in getting her constellations.

It's not just the tongue:

o7hy3ry.jpg

Her smile and optimism: gone.

Some say her expressions didn't fit with her character because she struggles with understanding humans and their emotions while others think it's just plain censorship. Apparently Chinese fans are not happy, and there's a petition to revert back to the old style.

Pejo

It's not just the tongue:

o7hy3ry.jpg

Her smile and optimism: gone.

Some say her expressions didn't fit with her character because she struggles with understanding humans and their emotions while others think it's just plain censorship. Apparently Chinese fans are not happy, and there's a petition to revert back to the old style.
That's some bullshit. It was perfectly in character for her to be happy-go-lucky in certain moments. This is the same Archon that told us to take a shit to feel better.

This is as disappointing as the original Klee walk being removed.

That's some bullshit. It was perfectly in character for her to be happy-go-lucky in certain moments. This is the same Archon that told us to take a shit to feel better.

This is as disappointing as the original Klee walk being removed.
I agree. She literally dances to attack. Happy facial expressions worked fine with that.

Pejo

New vs. Old AA (on PC)
e1phr6r435t91.png

mt2tuhz435t91.jpg

Looks worse across the board to me, and that 10~ FPS dip ain't making me happy either.

In the recent 3.2 beta, they made FSR the only option, but I assume that was just for testing it out. Hopefully when 3.2 launches, SMAA will still be available. I see no reason to remove it at least.

crumbs

New vs. Old AA (on PC)
e1phr6r435t91.png

mt2tuhz435t91.jpg

Looks worse across the board to me, and that 10~ FPS dip ain't making me happy either.

In the recent 3.2 beta, they made FSR the only option, but I assume that was just for testing it out. Hopefully when 3.2 launches, SMAA will still be available. I see no reason to remove it at least.
I'm not completely up to date on this, but I didn't think FSR was designed to replace traditional AA options, I thought games would allow you to use both.

Either way, considering how easy this game is to run, I would like more high end options on the PC version, like the120fps mode from the iOS version.

Pejo

I'm not completely up to date on this, but I didn't think FSR was designed to replace traditional AA options, I thought games would allow you to use both.
People were speculating because the 3.2 beta removed all other AA options and forced everyone to use FSR. I'm sure (hoping) it was just done in order to get test results though.
Either way, considering how easy this game is to run, I would like more high end options on the PC version, like the120fps mode from the iOS version.
What hardware do you run btw? And what res do you play the game at? I am able to max out everything at 1080, but even with mid to low settings in 4k, my afterburners go full force on my 2070 Ti.

*edit*

Fuz Fuz
You see this new swimming glitch?

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

People were speculating because the 3.2 beta removed all other AA options and forced everyone to use FSR. I'm sure (hoping) it was just done in order to get test results though.

What hardware do you run btw? And what res do you play the game at? I am able to max out everything at 1080, but even with mid to low settings in 4k, my afterburners go full force on my 2070 Ti.
I play at everything maxed at 3440 x 1440. I've used a 9900k + 1080ti until last summer, and a 3080 since then. Both are overkill for this game at that resolution and FPS, the 1080ti didn't see high GPU usage, which was nice since my 1080ti was loud.

Your 2070 Super ( I assume this is what you meant) is pretty close to performance to the 1080ti, but I never tried to play at 4k. This could be a instance when having FSR would be nice to have as an option.

I think to fully test v3.2 FSR and AA options, everyone in this thread should donate to me so I can buy a new 4090 this week. I will test it and let you guys know how well it handles Genshin. Of course, this is purely for research, I would not be personally enjoying the 4090 at all. That work for everyone? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

crumbs

New vs. Old AA (on PC)
e1phr6r435t91.png

mt2tuhz435t91.jpg

I didn't notice this before, but they both show frame rates over 60. Does the Beta usually have an unlocked framerate or are they finally adding more FPS options?

Last edited:

Pejo

I play at everything maxed at 3440 x 1440. I've used a 9900k + 1080ti until last summer, and a 3080 since then. Both are overkill for this game at that resolution and FPS, the 1080ti didn't see high GPU usage, which was nice since my 1080ti was loud.

Your 2070 Super ( I assume this is what you meant) is pretty close to performance to the 1080ti, but I never tried to play at 4k. This could be a instance when having FSR would be nice to have as an option.

I think to fully test 3.2 FSR and AA options, everyone in this thread should donate to me so I can buy a new 4090 this week. I will test it and let you guys know how well it handles Genshin. Of course, this is purely for research, I would not be personally enjoying the 4090 at all. That work for everyone? :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Yea 2070 Super, sorry. I've been looking at pre-owned cards over the weekend, trying to find a deal, and my brain is fried. I was really hoping Nvidia didn't do pricing wise exactly what they did with the 40 series, so I dunno what upgrade path I'm going to take now. I really want something that doesn't struggle to output games at 4k, as playing at sub-native resolutions on my tv is getting more and more of a pain to do, mostly due to developer ineptitude. 3080 was one of the options I was looking at, you can find them used for $500-$600~, vs. a 4070 which AFAIK doesn't have an announced MSRP yet. If the 4070 comes in under 600, I'll probably go that route, since I'm not exactly fond of buying a used bitcoin miner card.

I didn't notice this before, but they both show frame rates over 60. Does the Beta usually have an unlocked framerate or are they finally adding more FPS options?
I think betas are uncapped.

IDK why AA is so important on a game using cell shading.
Nobody likes jaggies.

Last edited:

SSfox

So I finally finished the desert ruins world quest, and to my surprise, you're only like 1/3 of the way done with the underground areas when you finish the quest. There's a ton of puzzles and shit under there. Absolutely loving it. They even hid a shrine of depths underground. I'm really enjoying the puzzles, they seem to be about medium difficulty, but are getting harder for the non-quest related areas. I keep running into "you don't have enough clearance" bullshit though, which is frustrating. I may actually look up how to max out your clearance so I don't have to keep backtracking. I normally would just figure it out myself but because there is no underground map and the map markers are basically fucking useless, it's tough to find previous puzzles when I need to come back.

Still the desert has really impressed me, it's exactly what I hoped it would be. Big open dunes on top, caves full of treasure and stuff down below. I just wish we had more enemy variety underground, but what can you do I guess. They could have given us 2-3 more variants of the machine enemies I feel. The high tech ancient Egyptian theme just fits really well together for some reason though.

I'm surprised they don't have more quests guiding you to some of these new optional areas. Or maybe they do and I just missed them, but still a lot of stuff was fairly obscure and the entrance to one of the huge underground areas was through an area you pass in the main world quest and have no real reason to come back to.

Got statue to level 7, tree to 30, finally hit the 60% explored for Sumeru too. Got rank 7 fame and got the Dendroculus locater gadget, but haven't used it yet. I've been playing for a bunch of hours straight since I had off of work today, but I'm beat now. Good shit though.

*edit*

Banners (Albedo's the rerunning 5* in the other character banner):
ixu6xxn6p3t91.jpg

z3bwpe07p3t91.jpg

That's a skip and a skip and a skip for me.
I was worried they put gouro with her (i have him C4 i want C6), good, gonna be easy skip.

crumbs

Yea 2070 Super, sorry. I've been looking at pre-owned cards over the weekend, trying to find a deal, and my brain is fried. I was really hoping Nvidia didn't do pricing wise exactly what they did with the 40 series, so I dunno what upgrade path I'm going to take now. I really want something that doesn't struggle to output games at 4k, as playing at sub-native resolutions on my tv is getting more and more of a pain to do, mostly due to developer ineptitude. 3080 was one of the options I was looking at, you can find them used for $500-$600~, vs. a 4070 which AFAIK doesn't have an announced MSRP yet. If the 4070 comes in under 600, I'll probably go that route, since I'm not exactly fond of buying a used bitcoin miner card.
Probably a good idea to wait for AMD to announce their next round of cards (Nov 3) and see how Nvidia reacts. Worst case scenario is AMD matches Nvidia's strategy and only initially releases high end cards in 2022 and we don't see more affordable options until 2023. Best case is AMD releasing appealing options at the $300 - $600 ranges and Nvidia reacting with discounts on existing 30 series stock to clear the channel and announcing aggressive 4060/4070 pricing. I'm not that optimistic.

I think betas are uncapped.
Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

Pejo

Probably a good idea to wait for AMD to announce their next round of cards (Nov 3) and see how Nvidia reacts. Worst case scenario is AMD matches Nvidia's strategy and only initially releases high end cards in 2022 and we don't see more affordable options until 2023. Best case is AMD releasing appealing options at the $300 - $600 ranges and Nvidia reacting with discounts on existing 30 series stock to clear the channel and announcing aggressive 4060/4070 pricing. I'm not that optimistic.
Yea I'm not in a major hurry, just trying to plan out my next move. Another option is to just do a full new build in the spring, which will likely be the route I take anyways.
Maybe that's a beta-exclusive feature similar to controller support being an iOS exclusive feature (on mobile) and the volumetric fog clouds being a PS5 exclusive effect. Genshin does some pretty fucked up exclusivity.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
So, everyone gonna skip besides me?
On Nailou? 100% going to skip her.

Still deciding on Kusanali, not 100% sold on her, since I'm not a fan of kiddy characters.

Btw, I'm currently doing the trials quest on the desert, and on the trial that's located in the middle there are two dendroculos that I can't find at all. Anyone knows where they are?

IMG-20221011-221033.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Probably should have waited with her banner until after Kusanali and YaoYao are out, at least. If you want to play into her mechanic of using only Dendro/Hydro characters, there simply isn't much to choose from right now. Collei should have been a 4* on her banner at the very very least instead of Beidou or Xiangling.

crumbs

It doesn't help that they just ran Kokomi in 3.0.

I added her at that point & she's been working well with Tighnari, plus she slots into freeze teams and provides healing. She's also easy to build with artifacts and works with several 4 star catalysts. Unfortunately, Nilou doesn't seem to have that versatility.

Pejo

Still deciding on Kusanali, not 100% sold on her, since I'm not a fan of kiddy characters.

Btw, I'm currently doing the trials quest on the desert, and on the trial that's located in the middle there are two dendroculos that I can't find at all. Anyone knows where they are?

IMG-20221011-221033.jpg
They're underground in that cave for the first trial. One was behind a broken wall and the other was high above in a big open room, if I'm remembering these two correctly. There's also one at the top of those pillars on the surface level, if you didn't get that one yet.

Fuz

Banned

IMG-20221011-221033.jpg
I think you need to finish the quest. They puzzled me too.

8b8ce4899f6f677e239233cdead4bc75_1359428780714522035.gif

c9700dfae0b68fea2a3d5f3dac80e845_1660216035505639500.gif

Last edited:

Saber

I maxed Candace(call her Candice) today. Not bad, judging her base stats. Her AA its kinda slow for a polearm, but she hits hard. Shes also a perfect match for Kaeya, basically perma-freeze.
I also beat 12 abysm spiral. The first floors happens to be harder than the late ones because the Eremites has an absurd amount of HP. The perpetual while only remains about 10 seconds before becoming invisible, its not as hard or as abusive as the ones from Inazuma.

Last edited:

SSfox

Just noticed in PS trophies there is 0.1 that got lvl 10 sumeru reputation? Like it's not possible normally, have to be a bug or something.

Last edited:

SSfox

I really want Nahida she looks insane fun, but i'm gonna have only 1 pity for her, so have to win 50/50, or else i'll have to wait for rerun.

Yup, Venti took all my primos
exT5gtF.png

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
My problem with Nahido is, at least for me, Dendro sucks so fucking hard and my promisse 80% attack speed was a lie.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

So in my post last night I mentioned the game not really directing you where to go in the desert after the world quest ends. Turns out I just needed to wait and touch some grass for a day until the reset. I just got a follow-up quest tonight that has all of the tracking and directing me where to go. Boy I feel fucking stupid just trying to figure it out on my own yesterday, but it was kinda rewarding in its own way.

Anyways, I love the new regional "quest books" that keep track of the main activities of each new region. Like the Aranara diary and now this stone slate, that gives you checkmarks when you finish something and pointers of where to go to find more stuff to do. Really clever concept and allows you to take it at your own pace without gating any future content.

In my spare resin, I've been working on my Mona as an on-field carry DPS, and she's doing pretty good at this point. Since they mostly fixed the underground dash, she doesn't feel so bad to use in combat anymore, and her fast auto-hitting attacks (in other words they can't miss) really pair well with Electro Charged, Hyperbloom, and Aggravate. Her artifacts are mostly just placeholder spare "heart of depth" pieces that I had while farming Childe's set, so once I get some better stats on those for her, I think she'll really shine. I'll make a video sometime of some boss, but really I just like her in my exploration team. It's so much faster to scoot around underground like that. She'll be even better once I have Kusanali to apply Dendro more reliably. DendroMC does an ok job when his Burst is up, but his skill sucks ass. I plan on running Mona/Kusanali/Fischl/Sayu for that team, which is the team I'm currently running minus Traveler. I'll also likely try out Mona with Kusanali in a Burgeon team to see how high I can take the damage with Mona's Omen debuff.

*edit*

Lol, Kusanali Teapot line:

taking a shit.

6naq085v4bt91.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom