• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

crumbs

I don't really like claymore characters, so for Deyha to be interesting, I would like to see the following:

Skill - Something that speeds up her attacks
Burst - Can be something like Diluc's burst, but instead of traveling forward, it swirls around her and has a higher likelihood of hitting nearby enemies.

A pyro healer would be interesting (pyro Kokomi :pie_thinking:), but I suspect that this potential character would probably be a 4 star since the GI community would freak if a pyro 5 star wasn't a DPS.

Saber

I don't really like claymore characters, so for Deyha to be interesting, I would like to see the following:

Burst - Can be something like Diluc's burst, but instead of traveling forward, it swirls around her and has a higher likelihood of hitting nearby enemies.

A pyro healer would be interesting (pyro Kokomi :pie_thinking:), but I suspect that this potential character would probably be a 4 star since the GI community would freak if a pyro 5 star wasn't a DPS.

I was thinking something like:

Skill - dash foward with a vertical slash, while by holding the button she will release a horizontal slash that imbues the weapon with pyro. Enemies hit by her attacks also takes pyro damage per second, scaling with her ATK. If enemies are affected by Dendro, they are not burned and instead scorched, dealing damage per second and leaving a trail of pyro(similar to pyro+grass).

Burst - Denrya high jumps and smashes her sword on the ground, dealing Pyro damage and launching all enemies in the air. If enemies were affected by Dendro, they also combusts, dealing an explosion damage instead of regular burning.

This is obviously wishfull thinking and hopium drinks. In worst case scenario she will be a Xynian 2.0.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned

Natlan archon will likely be a pyro DPS, toh.

I wish Dehya will suck so I can skip and no one will attempt on Diluc's spot.

Last edited:

Pejo

See them turn the god of literal war into a support. I'd say the odds are 50% at least.
She's gonna have Skyrim shouts that buff the party, you just watch.

Dragon Cartoons Comics GIF

deanote666

Was there any hints for this puzzle? I just dinked with it at random until it completed since there was no indication of what to do.

Pejo

Ah yea, you were supposed to Hit the prism in the center to turn the ones you needed to move a certain color, then activate the thing to move only the colored ones you needed. I have no idea why they let us adjust the beam directions, that was just a red herring. I tried for like 5 mins until I just started mashing buttons and got it too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

crumbs

Nilou has the most complicated elemental skill in the game. Multiple stances and team composition dependencies, I needed to re-watch the skill section to make sure I got it all :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Edit: The devs are really pushing players to use double dendro + hydro teams, but that gameplay doesn't look very compelling.

Last edited:
Spawning infinite tiny dendro bombs could be dumb fun, in the same way mono geo teams can be fun. It's fine to have that as an alternate play style. The timing's just not right because there's so few dendro characters that can make this work.

crumbs

Because dendro isn't compeling as well. I don't think theres much to it.
I'm probably enjoying dendro more than most people in this thread, but a lot of the fun comes from hyperbloom and burgeoning the dendro cores. Removing the electro and pyro parts of the potential dendro reaction chain makes it a lot less fun.

Spawning infinite tiny dendro bombs could be dumb fun, in the same way mono geo teams can be fun. It's fine to have that as an alternate play style. The timing's just not right because there's so few dendro characters that can make this work.
Yes, Nilou feels very niche for a 5 star, but unlike Shenhe, there's not really other dendro characters available to make her niche worth exploring. Once a dendro healer is released (along with some other dendro options), I can see Nilou's bloom comps having more flexibility.

Pejo

Nilou has the most complicated elemental skill in the game. Multiple stances and team composition dependencies, I needed to re-watch the skill section to make sure I got it all :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Edit: The devs are really pushing players to use double dendro + hydro teams, but that gameplay doesn't look very compelling.

I like the juxtaposition between her skill being overly complicated with multiple stances and triggers, then her Burst which is just "big water boom boom". You could tell that the narrator was like "what the fuck am I reading?" after a certain point.

If we had a true Dendro DPS carry (besides Tiggy I guess), I could MAYBE see her being useful, but I have plenty of built Hydro characters that I enjoy playing that have no teambuilding limitations on them. I'm curious to see how much damage these "Bountiful Cores" do compared to a high EM Spread reaction to a Quickened enemy. Well, vs. Hyperbloom and vs. Burgeon too. They've got a lot of competition for Dendro related damage, and considering the team coverage limitations, it better be significantly higher.

Still can't believe they hid her belly button under that ugly sash thing AND gave her the ugly zigzag shorts. What's even the point?

Anyways, going to wait and try her trial later before eating my words too much I guess, maybe she's fun to play? I can't tell based on the video. I hope they team her up with only Hydro/Dendro characters in the trial because I want to see what Bountiful Cores can do.

Fake

Gold Member

You missed out the Genshin Impact Leaks reddit.

Is like the devs posting countless comps of Nilou just to promove her. Astroturfing at hell there. When people start to notice, they stopped.

Fuz

Banned
It's during the main world quest, you can't skip it.
It looks like the puzzle on top of the inverted pyramid, but it's not that one. Damn, I really can't remember it. No idea how I solved it.

Last edited:

crumbs

Is Gilded Dreams good for anything?
Not currently using it on anyone, but it would probably work for off-field characters that trigger elemental reactions. I was thinking about trying it on Fischl for triggering dendro reactions, so maybe it would also work for Miko and Shinobu.

Reactions: Fuz

Saber

Not currently using it on anyone, but it would probably work for off-field characters that trigger elemental reactions. I was thinking about trying it on Fischl for triggering dendro reactions, so maybe it would also work for Miko and Shinobu.

Does the leaks are said that Miko is a sword user?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Tried Nilou and althought she has some interesting mechanics she's way too complex and niche for my tastes.

I like to grab a character and easily wreck havoc. I feel she's not tailored for that.

I would rather spend my primos on Albedo if I had too, because he is a Chad and I don't have him.

Still, easy skip on both banners.

Last edited:

Pejo

Oh by the way deanote666 deanote666 - i just found another one of those puzzles that use that light switching mechanic, at the top of the Mausoleum, on the outside after the quest is over. I once again managed to solve the puzzle without knowing what the mechanic really does.

This leads me to a minor annoyance I'm having with the desert. Chests and puzzles are popping up in areas that I've already been through and cleared after a daily reset from the time that I cleared them. On one hand, cool, more content. On the other hand, this means you have to go back to every area you clear the next day just in case. This type of backtracking annoys me, as somebody that likes to be thorough and make sure I clear an area before moving on.

So far the two areas I found it happening are on top of the Mausoleum as mentioned above and by the ruin in the south where the Eremite camp is set up (where you follow and listen in on the girl to find the secret password).

Fuz

Banned
So far the two areas I found it happening are on top of the Mausoleum as mentioned above and by the ruin in the south where the Eremite camp is set up (where you follow and listen in on the girl to find the secret password).

Those are the only two areas that do that.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Tried Nilou and althought she has some interesting mechanics she's way too complex and niche for my tastes.

I like to grab a character and easily wreck havoc. I feel she's not tailored for that.

I would rather spend my primos on Albedo if I had too, because he is a Chad and I don't have him.

Still, easy skip on both banners.

Complex mechanics are useless in Abyss, so IDK how meta GI will swallow her.

• Thoughtful

Pejo

Some "high end" Nilou gameplay ignoring her Dendro/Hydro limitations.

looks like a more complicated/involved Ayato with less uptime, carried heavily by Yelan and Fischl.

Dregnel

Some "high end" Nilou gameplay ignoring her Dendro/Hydro limitations.

looks like a more complicated/involved Ayato with less uptime, carried heavily by Yelan and Fischl.

is that good or bad?

btw modders are having a good time with this game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Pejo

is that good or bad?

btw modders are having a good time with this game :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Good ol' Grasscutter Online. Shame they ban you if you try to mod the live game files. I wouldn't even go this far because it ruins the character aesthetics, but I would de-censor the CCP/Sony mandated censorship stuff like Rosaria's boobs, Ayaka and Yae's diapers, Shenhe's belly button, etc. Can't have shit in real Genshin though.

Got Nilou. She is decent with Xingu.

And got the new catalyst for Lisa.

edit: I got the new sword as well. Gonna give a try for Nilou.
Congrats, that's a hell of a haul. Hope you still have your Kusanali stash though...

So I played with Nilou for a while in the trial, I think I "get" it now. Her elemental skill and her normal attacks are the 'trigger' for which version of her elemental skill you want to use. If you tap elemental skill + any two attacks + end on a normal attack, she goes into water imbued slicing DPS mode. If you tap elemental skill + any two attacks + end on another tap of elemental skill, she puts out that water wheel that gives your party the Bountiful Cores buff and makes things wet. So each time you use her Elemental skill, you have to pick if you want to be on-field DPS or off-field Hydro generation and Bountiful Cores buff.

Bountiful Cores were decently strong, but that's in the trial where you can't trust shit. A few thoughts about her kit and her in general:
  • Bountiful Cores buff is tied specifically to the elemental skill tapped variation of her elemental skill. You don't get them any other way, which sucks. So not only are you limited into using specific elements and team comps, but the cores aren't even automatic, and don't happen at all if you do the DPS stance.
  • With her kit being designed with the above in mind, it's even more bullshit that they do the team limitation stuff. The fact that you have to pick between off field Hydro application (with no Hydro damage I'll add) and DPS mode should have been enough of a limitation to whether or not you can make Bountiful Cores. You can't Hyperbloom or Burgeon them anyways, so the limitation is just stupid and bullshit.
  • Buff is too short, which railroads you into going for C1 if you actually want to get any use out of it. They probably designed it with the original duration then said "lets shorten it and make it a constellation lol!" Scummy.
  • Cooldowns seemed long, but actually fit pretty well considering rotations.
Overall I like the mechanic forcing you to pick how you want to use her for that particular rotation, and I hope we see more of that. But all the limitations on her are needless and make her less fun.

Fake

Gold Member
Congrats, that's a hell of a haul. Hope you still have your Kusanali stash though...

So I played with Nilou for a while in the trial, I think I "get" it now. Her elemental skill and her normal attacks are the 'trigger' for which version of her elemental skill you want to use. If you tap elemental skill + any two attacks + end on a normal attack, she goes into water imbued slicing DPS mode. If you tap elemental skill + any two attacks + end on another tap of elemental skill, she puts out that water wheel that gives your party the Bountiful Cores buff and makes things wet. So each time you use her Elemental skill, you have to pick if you want to be on-field DPS or off-field Hydro generation and Bountiful Cores buff.

Bountiful Cores were decently strong, but that's in the trial where you can't trust shit. A few thoughts about her kit and her in general:
  • Bountiful Cores buff is tied specifically to the elemental skill tapped variation of her elemental skill. You don't get them any other way, which sucks. So not only are you limited into using specific elements and team comps, but the cores aren't even automatic, and don't happen at all if you do the DPS stance.
  • With her kit being designed with the above in mind, it's even more bullshit that they do the team limitation stuff. The fact that you have to pick between off field Hydro application (with no Hydro damage I'll add) and DPS mode should have been enough of a limitation to whether or not you can make Bountiful Cores. You can't Hyperbloom or Burgeon them anyways, so the limitation is just stupid and bullshit.
  • Buff is too short, which railroads you into going for C1 if you actually want to get any use out of it. They probably designed it with the original duration then said "lets shorten it and make it a constellation lol!" Scummy.
  • Cooldowns seemed long, but actually fit pretty well considering rotations.
Overall I like the mechanic forcing you to pick how you want to use her for that particular rotation, and I hope we see more of that. But all the limitations on her are needless and make her less fun.

Dude, thank god I was ready to up Nilou. She already max out. I planed to get everything before her banner get release. So far, if you ignore her dendro bs, she is pretty decent.

I got luck and got two of those new sword with I'll level up tomorrow because his material.

Yeah, I agree with her brutal cooldown, but she can play as a support if I see much pressure, so I use her elemental skill for create the hydro aura and trade for a dps.

Still one thing or two for her. I got 2 set hydro bonus, but I don't have a decent max 20% from the geo farm dungeon on her. For now, the only weapon I have max out for her is the 4* The Flute.

Maybe I try her banner again for C1 at least, but I gonna wait for more wishes from the login reward.

I can only presume that the abyss buff will be Nilou related.

Top Bottom