• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

crumbs

Lol, Kusanali Teapot line:

taking a shit.

6naq085v4bt91.jpg

Well, plants do need fertilizer, so that advice might be more self-serving than we realize.

crumbs

I was thinking about pre-farming for Kusanali's mats, but it's definitely going to take awhile to level her up, especially her talents . You can grab the hanging lotus and her talent books now, but her normal boss hasn't released and the she's going to require the new weekly boss materials for talents.

Even more irritating is that she requires the non-scorched/activated fungus. Her signature 5 star weapon also appears to use the non-scorched/activated fungus drops as well. Looking at Honey Impact, it seems like the devs plan to have the non-scorched/activated fungus be the common material for characters, and the scorched/activated fungus will be used for weapons. :messenger_neutral:

Pejo

I was thinking about pre-farming for Kusanali's mats, but it's definitely going to take awhile to level her up, especially her talents . You can grab the hanging lotus and her talent books now, but her normal boss hasn't released and the she's going to require the new weekly boss materials for talents.

Even more irritating is that she requires the non-scorched/activated fungus. Her signature 5 star weapon also appears to use the non-scorched/activated fungus drops as well. Looking at Honey Impact, it seems like the devs plan to have the non-scorched/activated fungus be the common material for characters, and the scorched/activated fungus will be used for weapons. :messenger_neutral:
Just do what I've been doing, for all jungle quests/dailies/exploring....
as7PXmB.jpg

Otherwise you need to run like a full Freeze team or pure Hydro (which a lot of mushrooms have resistance to) or pure physical with no superconduct. I find Ganyu is the 1-step solution to farming these mushroom bits. I still think you should be rewarded for using the new reactions on the damn things instead of punished. The drop rate should stay the same for the normal drops even if you kill them with Pyro/Electro, then the other drops should be supplemental. Dunno why they decided to make it so annoying. Maybe to sell us that new monster DPS Layla.

*edit*

Holy shit they're merciless with these regional materials. This is the crafting recipe for the new Dendroculus locator (single use)
XYGtWxC.jpg

Last edited:

deanote666

Mihoyo: Look at all of the elemental reactions we're adding to the game!

Also Mihoyo: You're not allowed to use all of the elemental reactions we're adding to the game.

Saber

They're basically begging people to do dendro reactions with all those buffs and effects from both spiral and recent challenge event. They even got a constelation for Kusanali that allows her to do crit on dendro cores( lol why not make them naturally deal crits and give her like crit dmg boost? lmao).

I already said earlier, Dendro is way too gimmick for me to solely invest on it. I have Traveler Dendro in my Keqing team and after Sumeru testing I have no reason to invest on Dendro characters.

Also, no comments on the materials. Even before Sumeru launched I though this was a bad idea, this is literally a way to not only make people confused with drops but also make it sound like they're lazy for not creating a different monster for those drops.

It's just an easy way for them to encourage the use of different elements. I really think that's all there's to it. I just finished farming those spores today. It's not too bad with cryo.

Saber

It's just an easy way for them to encourage the use of different elements. I really think that's all there's to it. I just finished farming those spores today. It's not too bad with cryo.

I don't think this is encouragement imo. It's more like forcing, since unless you don't do the desired element applications you won't get the materials.
I guess if it was like they being either weak or stunned by certain reactions, then it would looks more like an incentive.
I mean, reactions are the bread and butter of GI. I don't think anyone playing would not do reactions in their daily basis, including novices. And this is coming from someone who has a bunch of fungus materials, from both reactions and not.

I don't think this is encouragement imo. It's more like forcing, since unless you don't do the desired element applications you won't get the materials.
I guess if it was like they being either weak or stunned by certain reactions, then it would looks more like an incentive.
I mean, reactions are the bread and butter of GI. I don't think anyone playing would not do reactions in their daily basis, including novices. And this is coming from someone who has a bunch of fungus materials, from both reactions and not.
Well, you're not wrong. I felt like I was forced too. I'm just trying to look at it from their perspective. I doubt it's because they don't want to make more enemy types. The tigers, the buffalo, the scorpions and vultures all just drop meat. Those could have easily been made to drop unique materials. I really think they just wanted a simple way to get people to use different elements versus these monsters. Perhaps to boost some of the reruns like Zhongli and Ganyu who don't interact with dendro at all.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Mihoyo: Look at all of the elemental reactions we're adding to the game!

Also Mihoyo: You're not allowed to use all of the elemental reactions we're adding to the game.

Also Mihoyo:

Oh, you're a new player? Congratulations on getting one of the newest characters.

Hope you like him/her at low level, because you're a long way from getting access to his/her farming materials.

Season 1 Wow GIF by Rick and Morty

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Creating itens based on what elemental reaction you finish your foe was one of the worst ideia they ever did.

Frankly, IDK what they're thinking. I made a full team just of characters with no pyro/electro just for drop. What a shit decision.

Pejo

Jeeze you guys sure are put off by the elemental drops. It's not in any way a benefit to the players, but it's not THAT big of a deal in my opinion. We still have weeks to farm up the materials and you're gonna be progress gated by new boss drops anyways, not like you can max Kusanali out on day 1 as it is, unless you go max moon/resin refresh whaling.

I realize I'm not the norm here having like 7 unique built teams, but surely you guys have some cryo characters or physical or something. These fungi aren't exactly Abyss Lector-tier enemies, usually a skill and few auto attacks will do the trick.

Then again, maybe my Cocogoat is just that powerful. I guess BlackM1st was right all those moons ago, she's all you need.

Wonder if he still plays the game.

deanote666

Jeeze you guys sure are put off by the elemental drops. It's not in any way a benefit to the players, but it's not THAT big of a deal in my opinion. We still have weeks to farm up the materials and you're gonna be progress gated by new boss drops anyways, not like you can max Kusanali out on day 1 as it is, unless you go max moon/resin refresh whaling.
Tighnari uses the regular spores for ascension/talents.

The new spear uses regular spores.

Dendro traveler's talents use regular spores.

Can't run half my characters because they'll cause a different drop. Yae is permanently in my team and I can't drop her sakuras.

Lots of pyro totems in the desert. But I gotta switch them out whenever I see a shroom.

New bots in desert weak to electro. But I gotta switch them out when I see a shroom.

Separate gripe but I think I'm done with the sand piles. Not a single chest I've found, just random shrooms and scorpions.

crumbs

I realize I'm not the norm here having like 7 unique built teams, but surely you guys have some cryo characters or physical or something. These fungi aren't exactly Abyss Lector-tier enemies, usually a skill and few auto attacks will do the trick.

Then again, maybe my Cocogoat is just that powerful. I guess BlackM1st was right all those moons ago, she's all you need.

Wonder if he still plays the game.
I don't really have a problem with the concept of different elemental reactions causing a change in dropped materials. It's more of an issue of timing: Here's some new dendro reactions -> Oh, you pulled Tighnari, can't wait to use him for these new dendro reactions -> Actually don't use dendro reactions on the many fungal enemies you need to level him up.

I switched back to my Ganyu team while leveling Tighnari up during 3.0. Not a big deal, but now I've been switching back to prep for Kusanali and it all seems counter-intuitive to have players using cryo to level up the first two dendro 5 star characters.

Pejo

I don't really have a problem with the concept of different elemental reactions causing a change in dropped materials. It's more of an issue of timing: Here's some new dendro reactions -> Oh, you pulled Tighnari, can't wait to use him for these new dendro reactions -> Actually don't use dendro reactions on the many fungal enemies you need to level him up.

I switched back to my Ganyu team while leveling Tighnari up during 3.0. Not a big deal, but now I've been switching back to prep for Kusanali and it all seems counter-intuitive to have players using cryo to level up the first two dendro 5 star characters.
Yea I'm not defending the decision and it's stupid to have everything use the base material when the activated/scorched versions exist and are used almost not at all. But still, if you're actively out farming fungi, it's not a big deal to pull out your Ganyu and shoot some shrooms is all I'm saying. I still think the proper way to handle it would be that the normal drop rate doesn't decrease with activated/scorched, you just get bonus drops. Compared to stuff like gathering Scarabs and Collei Shrooms, farming fungi with Cryo characters didn't seem as bad to me. It's probably a matter of resources and time and perspective though. Also, it seems like they did increase the base material droprates while activated/scorched in 3.1, as I notice myself getting the powders a lot more frequently than in 3.0. That might just be me eyeballing it though.

Tighnari uses the regular spores for ascension/talents.

The new spear uses regular spores.

Dendro traveler's talents use regular spores.

Can't run half my characters because they'll cause a different drop. Yae is permanently in my team and I can't drop her sakuras.
Understandable and I agree that it sucks.
Lots of pyro totems in the desert. But I gotta switch them out whenever I see a shroom.

New bots in desert weak to electro. But I gotta switch them out when I see a shroom.
I mean you could say the same things about Amber and Pyro torch puzzles or Traveler and Geo Construct puzzles in Mondstadt/Liyue, that's nothing new to the game. Despite the increased team slots, I still feel like it takes too much time to swap parties.
Separate gripe but I think I'm done with the sand piles. Not a single chest I've found, just random shrooms and scorpions.
A few have had the symbol tablets and sometimes those Mora rock piles, but yea the vast majority are just nothing or enemies. If you step on a pile with an enemy in it, it will spawn the enemy, you don't need to use Anemo to weed those ones out, so you can just blast the ones that don't react when you step on them.

Pejo

Man, the later desert quests take you to some really cool looking areas.

n05qYRO.png

I was a bit disappointed that the top of the mausoleum was just a slightly tougher triangle boss and that's it, but the path leading up to it was great.

I finished all of the tracked stuff from the tablet, now sitting at 94/86/92% in the desert. Still have a few areas marked off that I couldn't find ways into, but I should be able to get in now that I have full "clearance." I think said and done, the desert has been my favorite area, maybe tied with Enkanomiya. Just a really great aesthetic, nice tie-ins into Egyptian mythology, interesting quests, good exploration, and mid difficulty puzzles, not too easy, not too tough. Love how they dot in traversal boosts to make it not such a slog to navigate, like the grappling points, stamina regenerating flowers, and all types of shortcuts ala the Soulsborne games (underground). If I had one complaint, it's that the enemy variety gets a little stale about 10+ hours in, and we could have used more variants of the mechanical enemies. Overall I'm very impressed with the whole thing.

Quality of new areas consistently has gone up since Liyue, which was the only step down in the game for me, compared to Mondstadt. I'm still a bit disappointed we don't have the option of a desert biome for our teapots. Maybe with Natlan, but I picture that more of a rocky volcano landscape than a desert.

*edit*

Last edited:

crumbs

Yea I'm not defending the decision and it's stupid to have everything use the base material when the activated/scorched versions exist and are used almost not at all. But still, if you're actively out farming fungi, it's not a big deal to pull out your Ganyu and shoot some shrooms is all I'm saying. I still think the proper way to handle it would be that the normal drop rate doesn't decrease with activated/scorched, you just get bonus drops. Compared to stuff like gathering Scarabs and Collei Shrooms, farming fungi with Cryo characters didn't seem as bad to me. It's probably a matter of resources and time and perspective though. Also, it seems like they did increase the base material droprates while activated/scorched in 3.1, as I notice myself getting the powders a lot more frequently than in 3.0. That might just be me eyeballing it though.
Yes, local specialties have been more annoying in Sumeru so far. Hanging ones like the lotus for Kusanali are a drag, but I'm glad to have avoided the scarab grind.

As for the fungus, I recently pulled Aquila Favonia on my standard banner pity. I decided to use it with Keqing. She's on my regular Sumeru exploration team (Tighnari, Kokomi, Kazuha), so I just don't activate her skill during combat against fungus. This way I can avoid switching to cyro characters as I roam around. It's been working fine so far.

Saber

Yes, local specialties have been more annoying in Sumeru so far. Hanging ones like the lotus for Kusanali are a drag, but I'm glad to have avoided the scarab grind.

As for the fungus, I recently pulled Aquila Favonia on my standard banner pity. I decided to use it with Keqing. She's on my regular Sumeru exploration team (Tighnari, Kokomi, Kazuha), so I just don't activate her skill during combat against fungus. This way I can avoid switching to cyro characters as I roam around. It's been working fine so far.

Its good that worked for you. I use on my Keqing as well, but I'm so accostumed to use infusion that end up getting the other drops. I even gave her some of my love with an another crown, her AA is at max too. Not that it matter much since I stopped using my dendro team and more than often I use Kazuha+Ayaka team. Ayaka even have a new 5 star weapon, thanks to me sacrificing 20 years of my life scouting primos.

I can say overall Sumeru is fine. Its a bit of a drag exploring the big desertic area, they really need to create a mount for this task. The underground is the worst part of it imo. Too confusing for its own good, specially on the waypoint side which is terrible.

Last edited:
None of you gonna try the weapon banner as well?
Seems like a great banner if you're trying for Nilou. Either of the featured 5 star weapons are gonna be good for her I reckon. But yeah, since most of us are skipping her, there's not much reason to get ensnared in the trap.

crumbs

Its good that worked for you. I use on my Keqing as well, but I'm so accostumed to use infusion that end up getting the othe drops. I even gave her some of my love with an another crown, her AA is at max too. Not that it matter much since I stopped using my dendro team and more than often I use Kazuha+Ayaka team. She even have a new 5 star weapon, thanks to me sacrificing 20 years of my life scouting primos.

I can say overall Sumeru is fine. Its a bit of a drag exploring the big desertic area, they really need to create a mount for this task. The underground is the worst part of it imo. Too confusing for its own good, specially on the waypoint side which is terrible.
The setup kinda works, but it's definitely not ideal and I do struggle at times to not use her skill on the mushrooms.

Keqing was one of the first 5 stars I pulled and she carried me through a lot of the early content. Back then I had her built out with a physical damage on a gladiator + Berserker artifact set, but I switched her to electro damage as I moved into the higher AR content. Unfortunately, electro was so mediocre that I hadn't really used her much, but dendro has at least made her relevant again.

Fake

Gold Member
Seems like a great banner if you're trying for Nilou. Either of the featured 5 star weapons are gonna be good for her I reckon. But yeah, since most of us are skipping her, there's not much reason to get ensnared in the trap.

But there are 2 new 4* weapons.

a061fe08b3d48791a609d37e698704d3_2127543310500325222.jpg

I gonna give a try and get the new 4*catalyst for my Lisa.
The one with Elemental Mastery.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

But there are 2 new 4* weapons.

a061fe08b3d48791a609d37e698704d3_2127543310500325222.jpg

I gonna give a try and get the new 4*catalyst for my Lisa.
The one with Elemental Mastery.
I just see the Rainslasher on there and that triggers me enough to stay far away. Plus I already have a Jade Cutter, so there's little upside for me. I think that 4* sword is supposedly good for Shinobu/Kazuha though, but I already have a Freedom Sworn for them, so no incentive for me. New 5* sword looks really cool though, visually.

Anybody else surprised it's not a schimitar design considering we're in the desert area now?

Dregnel Dregnel , R Reizo Ryuu
Look who's been drinking lots of cabbage milk

6mszy3dxsht91.jpg

Pejo

If she looked like that from the start, she might've actually won the idol contest lol.
cabbage battlesuit when?
Maybe in a bubble universe she was the center of the CE Herrscher of Corruption arc. Also makes this official tweet kinda suspicious a few years ago:

*edit*

Fuz Fuz
ToF Redemption codes:
9AA5GFYG
9A98W5P0

Last edited:
  • Love
Also Mihoyo:

Oh, you're a new player? Congratulations on getting one of the newest characters.

Hope you like him/her at low level, because you're a long way from getting access to his/her farming materials.

Season 1 Wow GIF by Rick and Morty

They will have to provide an upgrade material transformation later on like they have for the boss items otherwise no new player will pull for the latest character banner as they can't efficiently use them for a while anyway.

Fake

Gold Member
I personally don't pull for 4 stars anymore. Got spooked too many times. Are those weapons even any good? I was hoping to get some wpn banner exclusives ones on Kusanali's.

Some 4* weapons are far bettern than 5*. Depends of the character.

Xingu for example, I can't see him using any weapon besides Sacrifical sword.

BTW, those new 4* weapons have decent abilities even for a support.

I just see the Rainslasher on there and that triggers me enough to stay far away. Plus I already have a Jade Cutter, so there's little upside for me. I think that 4* sword is supposedly good for Shinobu/Kazuha though, but I already have a Freedom Sworn for them, so no incentive for me. New 5* sword looks really cool though, visually.

Anybody else surprised it's not a schimitar design considering we're in the desert area now?

I don't have the Jade sword, so if a 5* come will be either for the Traveler anemo or for Nilou.

Fuz

Banned

I use Kazuha's elemental skill, takes one of those and a few swings from Diluc. But I didn't make the ascension quest so...
D8TTC.gif

They will have to provide an upgrade material transformation later on like they have for the boss items otherwise no new player will pull for the latest character banner as they can't efficiently use them for a while anyway.
New players don't know.

crumbs

Hey, whatever works for you.

I was just reviewing the high level AR rewards and they're really are pathetic. That said if you ascended and jumped all the way to AR60, you'd get enough for a 10 pull on the standard banner. Think about, you could get another Rainslasher for all your troubles...:messenger_expressionless:

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
I use Kazuha's elemental skill, takes one of those and a few swings from Diluc. But I didn't make the ascension quest so...
D8TTC.gif

New players don't know.

You have a point there. Unsuspecting newbies after getting new character :messenger_grinning: and after seeing upgrade needs :messenger_angry:.

• Triggered

Pejo

Only one?
How many do you need?

Looks like we had a 2.5GB~ pre-patch just drop today, I guess for new Nilou story bits and whatever events are left for this patch. I'll be honest, I didn't watch the 3.1 special program so I have no idea what else is coming besides Nilou and the anniversary login event with 10 wishes.

Man I have been putting off the Hyakunin Ikki event until today, realized it's one of the few battle events that I actually really enjoyed (the name didn't give it away). I did the first round on my lunch break, but I'm actually looking forward to continuing after work. I like these battle events that don't force you into trial characters and reward my weird obsession with building many characters simultaneously. Really makes me wish we had a pyro off-field applicator healer though. Like a mix of Xiangling/Bennet would be perfect.

Saber

Really makes me wish we had a pyro off-field applicator healer though. Like a mix of Xiangling/Bennet would be perfect.

For a moment I though was something like Thoma, but then you mentioned healer. Sometimes I forget he exists and hes not good either. Though I believe his burst has potential, at least as a support. Interesting point that he still has way better scales compared to Layla. I mean, she barelly reach 30% of damage.

Fuz

Banned
Looks like we had a 2.5GB~ pre-patch just drop today, I guess for new Nilou story bits and whatever events are left for this patch. I'll be honest, I didn't watch the 3.1 special program so I have no idea what else is coming besides Nilou and the anniversary login event with 10 wishes.
Just checked the launcher, I had no pre-update option. :goog_unsure:

Pejo

For a moment I though was something like Thoma, but then you mentioned healer. Sometimes I forget he exists and hes not good either. Though I believe his burst has potential, at least as a support. Interesting point that he still has way better scales compared to Layla. I mean, she barelly reach 30% of damage.
Thoma would have been very usable if his burst wasn't 80 energy. Since Pyro doesn't have the built-in energy charge like Electro characters do, that pretty much murdered him on the spot considering he's only good for his Burst.

Shame too, his auto attack animations are great.

Just checked the launcher, I had no pre-update option. :goog_unsure:
It was one of those ones where it does the download when you launch the game at the "verify files" step.

Saber

Thoma would have been very usable if his burst wasn't 80 energy. Since Pyro doesn't have the built-in energy charge like Electro characters do, that pretty much murdered him on the spot considering he's only good for his Burst.

Shame too, his auto attack animations are great.

It was one of those ones where it does the download when you launch the game at the "verify files" step.

Have you tried that artifact set about energy recharge?
Works wonders with my characters with stupid 80 energy requeriment. Not only that it also increase the damage of the burst, scaling with your energy recharge. Works wonders with Dendro Traveler.

Pejo

Have you tried that artifact set about energy recharge?
Works wonders with my characters with stupid 80 energy requeriment. Not only that it also increase the damage of the burst, scaling with your energy recharge. Works wonders with Dendro Traveler.
Yea I use Severed Fate on probably close to half of my characters, whether it's 4pc or just 2pc. It'd be good on him for sure. I just don't need him for any teams right now. I'm giving myself daily doses of copium that Dehya is gonna be a pyro applicating healer instead of Diluc v2 or "Burning - the character". I just know MHY's gonna do her dirty, I just don't know how yet.

Fake

Gold Member
If I would guess, Dehya will be between better to almost better vs Dilluc, but they don't want Dilluc to get beat so they gonna increase her countdown a lot.

Not to mention they both get pyro infusion, with in fact became extreme boring every character now have a infusion. They need more imagination when they create a kit.

Pejo

If I would guess, Dehya will be between better to almost better vs Dilluc, but they don't want Dilluc to get beat so they gonna increase her countdown a lot.

Not to mention they both get pyro infusion, with in fact became extreme boring every character now have a infusion. They need more imagination when they create a kit.
Don't you dare wish her to be another Xinyan. Don't you dare.

Top Bottom