• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

deanote666

Managed to get 100% in all of Sumeru so far.

Think the Sumeru treasure compass will work in 2D with all of the 3D like before? Or will it work based on what "layer" you're on?

Fuz

Banned
It's been three days straight that I fall asleep trying to do Nilou's quest. They talk, and talk, and talk... and you can't fucking skip...

Will I succeed today?

Fuz

Banned

Think the Sumeru treasure compass will work in 2D with all of the 3D like before? Or will it work based on what "layer" you're on?
I don't think the game takes "layers" into account. Just basic distance in a radius.
[Or was it a square?]

SSfox

I'm around 90% forest, and 100% desert, really cool regions, but desert can be annoying to explore if you don't have Sayu

Excited for the rest of Sumeru.

Pejo

It's been three days straight that I fall asleep trying to do Nilou's quest. They talk, and talk, and talk... and you can't fucking skip...

Will I succeed today?
Literally me too. I fell asleep 2 nights ago and last night trying to finish the damn thing. Why the fuck is a quest about a dancer turned into a quest about debating with scholars. It's nearing being as bad as Ayato's quest, my all time least favorite.

MHY's voiced quest team fucking SUCKS.

Desert was the perfect opportunity to introduce vehicles - camels.
I had my desert vehicle

2twtds0wyeq91.jpg

Seriously though she's been great for exploration in the desert. So glad they fixed her/Ayaka getting stuck on stuff.

crumbs

I've only had my commissions set to Sumeru for about 2.5 weeks and I'm already sick of the "Jump on the Mushrooms 5 times" and "Follow the Light" commissions.

To add to the fun, I've also had a couple of Sumeru desert area commissions that are no where near fast travel points:

aint nobody got time for that GIF

Saber

I've only had my commissions set to Sumeru for about 2.5 weeks and I'm already sick of the "Jump on the Mushrooms 5 times" and "Follow the Light" commissions.

To add to the fun, I've also had a couple of Sumeru desert area commissions that are no where near fast travel points:

aint nobody got time for that GIF

Another reason why I feel like those are computer generated places.
Like, theres a a comission in the desert that is quite a distance and you even have to climb to reach(the one to guess where the mole is).
Theres also your generic "defend" comission that its a few meters from the main pyramid of Scarlet King. Its so dumb that it has 2 waypoints near it but none of them are viable, because those are underground waypoints.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm kinda pissed because I have had several days without a daily from the "story" category. Like usually you get 3 quests that are combinations of puzzles (mushroom jump, mushroom whack-a-mole), battle (defend the obelisk/kill the mushrooms or Eremites), or trials (follow the blob) and then one quest from the billion that you need to get all of the world quests and achievements. But unique to Sumeru, I have had several days that are just 4 quests from the kind that don't progress any other questlines. I still get the usual repeat BS like watering the guy's rose after I already got the achievement for that questline, but now it seems they don't even stick to the formula to guarantee you a "story" type quest every day, which is bullshit considering you're at RNG's mercy for that one quest per day already.

Fuz

Banned
I'm kinda pissed because I have had several days without a daily from the "story" category. Like usually you get 3 quests that are combinations of puzzles (mushroom jump, mushroom whack-a-mole), battle (defend the obelisk/kill the mushrooms or Eremites), or trials (follow the blob) and then one quest from the billion that you need to get all of the world quests and achievements. But unique to Sumeru, I have had several days that are just 4 quests from the kind that don't progress any other questlines. I still get the usual repeat BS like watering the guy's rose after I already got the achievement for that questline, but now it seems they don't even stick to the formula to guarantee you a "story" type quest every day, which is bullshit considering you're at RNG's mercy for that one quest per day already.
People were complaining about Equivalent Exchange, so they made it worse.

deanote666

I mostly had Kazuha running around the desert. Busted out Yelan for Abdju Road since I kept getting lost and restarting at the warp point that has the long hallway to get back in.

Still have my dailies set on Mondstadt trying to do the wind one 5 times and get Anna fully trained...

Pejo

I'm actually somehow really hyped for Kusanali. I really like Dendro, its reactions, and the team possibilities it opens up, and she looks to be the best Dendro applicator we'll get for some time. I would wish for a Dendro healer but we all know it's gonna be snakeman who I already hate the design for unless they get rid of his stupid fucking belly shirt. Plus Kusanali can equip the Prototype Amber, so maybe she'll end up being the best Dendro healer anyways.

I mean look at this bullshit:
bc9b476f74035711ffea26be5447692e.jpg

Awful.

Anyways, Kusanali's sweet spot looks to be C2 for me. C6 turns her into the best Dendro DPS we have by a large margin, but I am not gonna try to C6 her in her first banner, maybe down the road if I like playing her on-field. But, considering she is a munchkin catalyst with no special dash, I am not expecting to enjoy her much on-field because I thought Klee felt awful to play.

35AD0be.jpg

Also decided after I get a few of my supports caught up on talent/weapon levels, I am going to try to do something with Candace, but I'm not sure exactly what yet. Any of you guys use her at all?

Fake

Gold Member
I'm actually somehow really hyped for Kusanali. I really like Dendro, its reactions, and the team possibilities it opens up, and she looks to be the best Dendro applicator we'll get for some time. I would wish for a Dendro healer but we all know it's gonna be snakeman who I already hate the design for unless they get rid of his stupid fucking belly shirt. Plus Kusanali can equip the Prototype Amber, so maybe she'll end up being the best Dendro healer anyways.

I mean look at this bullshit:
bc9b476f74035711ffea26be5447692e.jpg

Awful.

Anyways, Kusanali's sweet spot looks to be C2 for me. C6 turns her into the best Dendro DPS we have by a large margin, but I am not gonna try to C6 her in her first banner, maybe down the road if I like playing her on-field. But, considering she is a munchkin catalyst with no special dash, I am not expecting to enjoy her much on-field because I thought Klee felt awful to play.

35AD0be.jpg

I hyped about the Silver hair dendro guy, but I need to confess that I hate dendro reactions. Is not worst than geo because geo don't actually have reactions.

Gave up in every dendro sittuation. I having a good time with Collei, but dendro make my nerves. Abyss is impossible. Probably Kusanali alone will carry every dendro char in history.

Also decided after I get a few of my supports caught up on talent/weapon levels, I am going to try to do something with Candace, but I'm not sure exactly what yet. Any of you guys use her at all?

Saber Saber use Candace. I not. Still learning with Nilou. Is far more than I expected.

Last edited:

Pejo

I hyped about the Silver hair dendro guy, but I need to confess that I hate dendro reactions. Is not worst than geo because geo don't actually have reactions.

Gave up in every dendro sittuation. I having a good time with Collei, but dendro make my nerves. Abyss is impossible. Probably Kusanali alone will carry every dendro char in history.
Yea I guess Tighnari was supposed to be the initial Dendro DPS character but I dunno, he certainly amounted to nothing, and doesn't even have good Dendro application. Hopefully Kusanali helps people. Collei has been rock solid for me for creating reactions, I just need a second character for another team. Traveler's burst is actually really good, but too high energy cost and the skill is just worthless, so you only end up using him for bigger encounters and bosses instead of groups of eremites while traveling the world. Hopefully Kusanali brings up the usability of Dendro for people that don't hyper invest in Collei like I did.
Saber Saber use Candace. I not. Still learning with Nilou. Is far more than I expected.
I'm trying to figure out how to use her. As an on-field Hydro character, she's a fair amount worse than my Mona, Childe, and Yelan. As a support she could be fine if she had a niche I needed. She'd be a lot more usable if we had an artifact set or more weapons that just give "elemental bonus" instead of "Pyro bonus" or "Hydro bonus" specifically. I could see using her on a self-freeze comp with Shenhe for instance, but then I'd have to build Shenhe as a Hydro DPS or take the damage loss by attacking with Candace. I'm guessing MHY has some specific team in mind for her with unreleased characters that will make her usable later. Shame her elemental skill didn't hit harder, because I could see her being use as a big Vape nuke. Does polearm have a weapon that boosts elemental skill damage?

Fake

Gold Member
Yea I guess Tighnari was supposed to be the initial Dendro DPS character but I dunno, he certainly amounted to nothing, and doesn't even have good Dendro application. Hopefully Kusanali helps people. Collei has been rock solid for me for creating reactions, I just need a second character for another team. Traveler's burst is actually really good, but too high energy cost and the skill is just worthless, so you only end up using him for bigger encounters and bosses instead of groups of eremites while traveling the world. Hopefully Kusanali brings up the usability of Dendro for people that don't hyper invest in Collei like I did.

Tighnari have a decent damage, but again the problem is dendro reaction inself. Anemo and Cryo are useless with dendro and are my favorite/most used elements in the entire game, so is very simple for me about 'WHY' I not like Dendro.

I repeated myself in my last post but gonna remind anw, most of the dendro cores are my worst enemy. They litelary destroy my strategy with Xingu because dendro core base damage is low, BUT they sacrifice my hydro sword so I end up without any hydro sword for reduce damage from heavy foes. Dendro cores when explode, do as much damage on the enemies as do on me, so I avoid mixing dendro chars with pyro chars. Burning is the most useless elemental reaction, no damage at all. I tried many times, my Klee have 600~ elemental mastery, but somehow burning don't scale shit with EM.

So I end up not using dendro related reaction. IMO was a waste of opportunity. If I could move Dendro cores with Anemo or if Cryo make the same as ice do to plants in real life would be great.

Just think about. Traveler anemo when use elemental burst, the tornado care all the Klee bombs with him, so why not dendro cores can do the same?

I'm trying to figure out how to use her. As an on-field Hydro character, she's a fair amount worse than my Mona, Childe, and Yelan. As a support she could be fine if she had a niche I needed. She'd be a lot more usable if we had an artifact set or more weapons that just give "elemental bonus" instead of "Pyro bonus" or "Hydro bonus" specifically. I could see using her on a self-freeze comp with Shenhe for instance, but then I'd have to build Shenhe as a Hydro DPS or take the damage loss by attacking with Candace. I'm guessing MHY has some specific team in mind for her with unreleased characters that will make her usable later. Shame her elemental skill didn't hit harder, because I could see her being use as a big Vape nuke. Does polearm have a weapon that boosts elemental skill damage?

I trying too, but so far Xingu is making her kit very good. Because I got Xingu with full constellation. I mix up Nolei with Sayu, so I reduce a good amount of hydro resistence from foes.
For example, if I want one of my dps to make more reaction, I use full elemental skill from Nilou, but if I use Xingu Burst so Nilou interrupt her elemental skill with basic attacks so she get infusion.
Again, I see a huge potential on Nilou, but locking her skills on Dendro Core was a giant mistake.

Last edited:

deanote666

Me yoloing the event.

I have Candace built up with Cyno's spear, 2pc hydro, 2pc hp set with hp main stats. Talents only at 7/7/7 and 35k hp but does decent damage. 69.3% CR, 104.4% CD.

Last edited:

Saber

Few things to notice about Candance:
* Her Burst duration is terrible. If you want to play her, you need her cons asap
* Her counter attack is not effective as a wet applier. The CD is not bad, but the aoe is awfull. It's a great tool for destroying rocks and some geo shields though
* Her Burst is an excellent tool both for her(if you build DPS) and your dps. I suggest to swap characters with a certain frequency so you can make use of it's effect(suggest swapping for characters like Fichlz)
* Her second combo of AA counts as a claymore attack. That means it can damage rocks and release enemies from frozen. If you want perma frozen do not use her AA and neither her skill
* Her last combo of AA has a decent long range, I mean it's kinda obvious because of the throwing spear thing
* If you ever get more cons from her, that would be a nice thing for her elemental skill since the CD of the press is pretty dandy

Last edited:

deanote666

Me spending too much time on Youtube so I thought I would share.

Great Genshin channel btw.

Edit:
There's actually carryover from the different character.exe on that channel.

Venti's has elements from Tartaglia - the end of the pain video.

Tartaglia.exe has elements from Yelan's, Yanfei's, and Venti's. Plus an ongoing joke for Ayaka.

Jean.exe has an interesting ending.

Last edited:

Pejo

So I just got Windows installed on my Steam Deck, but the WiFi drivers aren't available by default so you have to load them in after you install Windows. I'm currently running Windows Update and doing first time setup stuff, but then I'll be installing Genshin to try it out. A few modified set of instructions for those of you that want to try this:

• Follow the basic instructions at https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/install-windows-steam-deck
    • I would suggest buying a MicroSD card and using that as your Windows OS drive instead of fucking up the internal drive since it's got multiple partitions, but that's just my opinion.
    • A step it doesn't mention is that during the Windows install, it will reboot your Deck which will put it back into SteamOS. Shut it down, power it back on and re-select the SD card as the boot device to continue.
  • Windows installation will complete, but you won't be able to do shit without WiFi
  • Pop the SD card back into your Deck, boot into Windows, navigate to the installer you download and run Setup.exe, this will install the network drivers.
  • The rest you can do from the Deck itself, but I recommend installing all of the drivers mentioned in that link I provided for best compatibility.
  • Install Genshin or whatever else
  • To get the buttons to work with Genshin, use this guide: https://futuregaming.io/guides/steam-deck-how-to-set-controller-for-all-non-steam-games/
    • This is probably the worst part for me, an annoying workaround just to use the built in controls.

If you need the onscreen keyboard, click the Windows button, go to the gear icon (settings), and scroll down to "Ease of Access", then "Keyboard" at the bottom. After clicking that there will be a toggle for the on-screen keyboard.

If anyone else besides me is gonna try this and you guys have questions let me know.

*edit*

Whew, the Deck's CPU takes for-fuckin'-ever to decompress and verify files. Plan for the Genshin install to take like 3 hours minimum.

Also, why not, have a Candace.
7TjSjOX.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Wanted to separate this post from my previous ones, but initial impressions are surprisingly good. It's too fucking late after all the installing and tinkering to mess with in-game settings and whatnot, but I was getting 60FPS with dips in crowded areas and during combat while using lots of skills and effects, running fullscreen at 1280x800 with the generic "medium" preset. Regardless if that sounds bad, it's night and day better over running on my Samsung Galaxy S21 phone (duh). The Deck's screen really pops and Genshin looks gorgeous on there. After the controller workaround, it plays great as well. Loading is slower than my SSD on my PC (duh) as well as my regular HDD on my PC, but faster again than the phone. I'm using a Samsung EVO Select 512 card which was one of the higher rated ones for Deck. Everything including the Windows OS is running from the card, my internal drive is not being touched for the Windows boot.

I should have given in, but I would also recommend you use a physical keyboard either through the USB port or via bluetooth. The Win10 OS onscreen keyboard sucks major donkey dicks and made everything so much more difficult, along with trying to use the touchscreen to interact with tiny Windows buttons and menus.

Tomorrow I'll piss around with the game settings and see if I can get a nice smooth 60 without dips while still looking good. I could get a bit of performance leeway just by setting the resolution to 720p instead of 1280x800 which is apparently the native Deck resolution.

I took a pic just for proof that I got it working, but it's hardly indicative of the quality when you're playing the game.

jviA8st.jpg

It doesn't seem like it would, but just getting all of this configured and set up wore me the fuck out, so I'm done for tonight. Despite my grumblings though, I am very pleased so far and had quite a bit of fun getting things to work, but that's a personal thing of mine.

Fake

Gold Member
Can't recommend using Windows on Steam Deck because Wimdows sucks.

As IT support myself, is a nightmare with drivers and such. Maybe making a partition, but never replace the main OS if the Steam Deck.

crumbs

Wanted to separate this post from my previous ones, but initial impressions are surprisingly good. It's too fucking late after all the installing and tinkering to mess with in-game settings and whatnot, but I was getting 60FPS with dips in crowded areas and during combat while using lots of skills and effects, running fullscreen at 1280x800 with the generic "medium" preset. Regardless if that sounds bad, it's night and day better over running on my Samsung Galaxy S21 phone (duh). The Deck's screen really pops and Genshin looks gorgeous on there. After the controller workaround, it plays great as well. Loading is slower than my SSD on my PC (duh) as well as my regular HDD on my PC, but faster again than the phone. I'm using a Samsung EVO Select 512 card which was one of the higher rated ones for Deck. Everything including the Windows OS is running from the card, my internal drive is not being touched for the Windows boot.

I should have given in, but I would also recommend you use a physical keyboard either through the USB port or via bluetooth. The Win10 OS onscreen keyboard sucks major donkey dicks and made everything so much more difficult, along with trying to use the touchscreen to interact with tiny Windows buttons and menus.

Tomorrow I'll piss around with the game settings and see if I can get a nice smooth 60 without dips while still looking good. I could get a bit of performance leeway just by setting the resolution to 720p instead of 1280x800 which is apparently the native Deck resolution.

I took a pic just for proof that I got it working, but it's hardly indicative of the quality when you're playing the game.

jviA8st.jpg

It doesn't seem like it would, but just getting all of this configured and set up wore me the fuck out, so I'm done for tonight. Despite my grumblings though, I am very pleased so far and had quite a bit of fun getting things to work, but that's a personal thing of mine.
I really appreciate you taking the time to type out instructions and share your experiences with the Steam Deck running GI and Windows.

I have a lot of work-related travel coming up over the next couple of months and was considering a Steam Deck along with some other options, like streaming (cheapest option, but not a great experience) or other Windows/Android portables (expensive, limited availability).

Last summer while on a work trip, I used the free tier of GeForce Now to stream GI on my laptop (older Intel integrated graphics, so I'm not able to run natively) so I could at least knock out my dailies. It "worked", even though the hotel Wi-Fi (10Mb) was below the recommended specs for GeForce Now (15Mb). Down the road, I hope to get a laptop with either better integrated graphics (like AMD's 6000 series with RDNA2) or a discrete GPU, although I don't really want to haul around a bigger laptop while traveling.

My main concerns with the Steam Deck are it's size and the fact that it requires a Windows install to run GI (and other games that use anti-cheat software that is not compatible with Proton/Linux). The size issue is less about holding it or its ergonomics, those look good (I find the Switch with joycons to be uncomfortably small to play for extended periods of time). What I mean is how big the Deck is for throwing it my bag for travel. This compounded by the fact that I would probably never use the Deck at home instead of using the my PC. The Deck would be strictly a traveling device, but it seems kinda large for that purpose.

That said, the Deck is actually available now and has great official & community support. I also enjoy projects like this, so the Windows install doesn't intimidate me either.

Anyway, I'll probably make a call by the end of the month, so thanks for adding info that help with this decision.

Pejo

Can't recommend using Windows on Steam Deck because Wimdows sucks.

As IT support myself, is a nightmare with drivers and such. Maybe making a partition, but never replace the main OS if the Steam Deck.
The support wasn't actually THAT bad. No network drivers out of the box was the worst one. Windows Update picked up the vast majority once you could get it to run. The Deck specific drivers replaced the generic ones that Windows Update installed, which are for the important parts like the APU. I imagine it was a worse experience before those were available.

I would admit easily though that this is no replacement for a laptop, and you shouldn't expect to spend any significant amount of time outside of games doing stuff in Windows like even browsing the web or whatever. Battery life on the Deck isn't fantastic and it's just not fun to try to use this as a PC. It's great once you get into a game though.

I would never recommend Windows if you're still just running games out of Steam though. Maybe if some people eventually make the process easier or some especially driven individual makes a custom interface or whatever. I sincerely hope that Valve makes gamepad drivers specifically so you don't need that controller workaround, it's a pain in the ass for no good reason. Even with the workaround, you have to install Steam on the Windows partition and have some dummy application running in the background to get it to work (I chose notepad).

It would also be nice if Hoyoverse released Genshin on the Steam Store, since at that point there's no reason why it wouldn't just run in Proton, and run probably better without the Windows overhead. They actually have Honkai Impact on Steam already, but it (for some retarded reason I'll never understand) isn't cross-play so you can't use your existing account for the Steam version. If they do the same stupid bullshit for Genshin, they might as well not even bother.

I really appreciate you taking the time to type out instructions and share your experiences with the Steam Deck running GI and Windows.

I have a lot of work-related travel coming up over the next couple of months and was considering a Steam Deck along with some other options, like streaming (cheapest option, but not a great experience) or other Windows/Android portables (expensive, limited availability).

Last summer while on a work trip, I used the free tier of GeForce Now to stream GI on my laptop (older Intel integrated graphics, so I'm not able to run natively) so I could at least knock out my dailies. It "worked", even though the hotel Wi-Fi (10Mb) was below the recommended specs for GeForce Now (15Mb). Down the road, I hope to get a laptop with either better integrated graphics (like AMD's 6000 series with RDNA2) or a discrete GPU, although I don't really want to haul around a bigger laptop while traveling.

My main concerns with the Steam Deck are it's size and the fact that it requires a Windows install to run GI (and other games that use anti-cheat software that is not compatible with Proton/Linux). The size issue is less about holding it or its ergonomics, those look good (I find the Switch with joycons to be uncomfortably small to play for extended periods of time). What I mean is how big the Deck is for throwing it my bag for travel. This compounded by the fact that I would probably never use the Deck at home instead of using the my PC. The Deck would be strictly a traveling device, but it seems kinda large for that purpose.

That said, the Deck is actually available now and has great official & community support. I also enjoy projects like this, so the Windows install doesn't intimidate me either.

Anyway, I'll probably make a call by the end of the month, so thanks for adding info that help with this decision.
I'll be dead honest with you. If it's not something you plan on using at home and you don't like to tinker, I'd just forego the headache and get a gaming capable laptop. I like breaking through various limitations to get stuff running like this, but there's a fair amount of frustration to go along with it.

You don't have to buy a huge "gamer" laptop to get one that would run Genshin and other games with a discrete GPU. I specced out a 15" Dell XPS that is super gaming capable and small form factor that my work bought for me and let me keep. It looks "business" focused so maybe you can get your employer to pick up the tab. They ain't cheap though. I played through all of Sekiro on mine when I was out of town for a week or so and it's "ancient" now running a 1050 TI.

crumbs

I'll be dead honest with you. If it's not something you plan on using at home and you don't like to tinker, I'd just forego the headache and get a gaming capable laptop. I like breaking through various limitations to get stuff running like this, but there's a fair amount of frustration to go along with it.

You don't have to buy a huge "gamer" laptop to get one that would run Genshin and other games with a discrete GPU. I specced out a 15" Dell XPS that is super gaming capable and small form factor that my work bought for me and let me keep. It looks "business" focused so maybe you can get your employer to pick up the tab. They ain't cheap though. I played through all of Sekiro on mine when I was out of town for a week or so and it's "ancient" now running a 1050 TI.

[/URL]

Thanks for your input.

When traveling for work, I don't have that much time to game, so I have to remind myself to not invest too much time and money into something that will see limited usage. That's why the streaming option (basically free on GeForce Now) might hold me over until I get a new laptop in 2023. Fortunately, GI isn't too difficult to run, so find a reasonably sized laptop shouldn't be hard. Just need to convince the boss that it's needed :messenger_grinning_sweat:

deanote666

Still don't want to run GI on PC because of that anti-cheat software. I don't cheat but I don't want a Kernel level program running.

Haven't heard about anything like that running on mobile.

Driver installation is a B*tch. Especially if you're setting up something with a RAID. You have to play musical storage drivers just to even get Windows loaded. Newer computers aren't as bad as far as drivers after windows is loaded but maintaining older ones is a real b*tch.

Windows 11 requiring you have an internet connection, forcing you to use a Microsoft account instead of a local one during setup.

Pejo

Still don't want to run GI on PC because of that anti-cheat software. I don't cheat but I don't want a Kernel level program running.
They stopped this from running after the game is closed like a few weeks after launch. Not that I support intrusive anti-cheat, but it's been verified to be "safe" for quite a while.
Windows 11 requiring you have an internet connection, forcing you to use a Microsoft account instead of a local one during setup.
Yea Windows 11 so far is a skip for me just like Windows 8 was.

deanote666

They stopped this from running after the game is closed like a few weeks after launch. Not that I support intrusive anti-cheat, but it's been verified to be "safe" for quite a while.

Yea Windows 11 so far is a skip for me just like Windows 8 was.
I don't want it running when the game is running either. :messenger_tongue:

Also, make sure you stay away from supermicro motherboards. Incident where "extra" chips were installed so all your info would be sent to China.

Windows 11 will come for all of us in 2025... 2025 is Windows 10 end of life.

Fake

Gold Member
So, I made my entire team for Nilou core:

Nilou
Xingu
Colei
Yelan

I trying to understand this shit. Sometimes the core don't become Nilou core?
Why? I was hoping in the meeting if requeriments all dendro cores became the new cores, but looks like a limitation on how this work.
Huge let down imo.

Windows 11 will come for all of us in 2025... 2025 is Windows 10 end of life.

More easy for Microsoft to skip W11 because the system is fully beta.

Pejo

So, I made my entire team for Nilou core:

Nilou
Xingu
Colei
Yelan

I trying to understand this shit. Sometimes the core don't become Nilou core?
Why? I was hoping in the meeting if requeriments all dendro cores became the new cores, but looks like a limitation on how this work.
Huge let down imo.
You have to use her elemental skill that gives the water puddle surrounding your characters, which gives a 30 second buff to generate Bountiful Cores for the whole party. If you use the water slash attack version, you don't get bountiful cores. I also can't find a visual cue of when the buff runs out, but it lasts for at least 2 full rotations.

Fake

Gold Member
You have to use her elemental skill that gives the water puddle surrounding your characters, which gives a 30 second buff to generate Bountiful Cores for the whole party. If you use the water slash attack version, you don't get bountiful cores. I also can't find a visual cue of when the buff runs out, but it lasts for at least 2 full rotations.

You mean, the calm water aura?

I used and still sometimes don't work. Really strange. I gonna try testing later, but this limit much the comp imo.

I was expecting as soon as you put 3 damn hydros you team your cores already change.

Can't see anyone using that. Very boring tatic.

Pejo

You mean, the calm water aura?

I used and still sometimes don't work. Really strange. I gonna try testing later, but this limit much the comp imo.

I was expecting as soon as you put 3 damn hydros you team your cores already change.

Can't see anyone using that. Very boring tatic.
Yea the version of her skill that causes the water aura. When you use that, you have 30 seconds to create Bountiful Cores for anybody in the party (if it's Dendro/Hydro only). You can keep refreshing it indefinitely if you want, or when the coodown is up, you can go into the attack variation of the skill and it will still create Bountiful Cores until the buff runs out.

Pejo

Finally finished the Nilou story quest. Holy shit it sucked. Still ended up not being quite as bad as Ayato's though.

I kinda felt for the dad. It'd be similar to finding out your kid wants to go to art school or get a degree in gender studies, but in Genshin terms.

This bitch's whole thing is dancing, and we only get like 3 seconds of her dancing off center of frame in the corner of the screen.

Is it just me, or did that NPC girl remind you of anyone with different colored hair?

8t5c6vs5br331.jpg

Anyways, I've been feeling the Genshin burnout lately. I still have like 4 of the Ikki battle event things to do and I haven't even started whatever the wind one is. To be fair though, the thought of slogging through Nilou's quest was making me not even want to open the game, so maybe I'll get it done it tomorrow.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Finally finished the Nilou story quest. Holy shit it sucked. Still ended up not being quite as bad as Ayato's though.

I kinda felt for the dad. It'd be similar to finding out your kid wants to go to art school or get a degree in gender studies, but in Genshin terms.

This bitch's whole thing is dancing, and we only get like 3 seconds of her dancing off center of frame in the corner of the screen.

Is it just me, or did that NPC girl remind you of anyone with different colored hair?

8t5c6vs5br331.jpg

Anyways, I've been feeling the Genshin burnout lately. I still have like 4 of the Ikki battle event things to do and I haven't even started whatever the wind one is. To be fair though, the thought of slogging through Nilou's quest was making me not even want to open the game, so maybe I'll get it done it tomorrow.

From what I remember from Ayato's quest I didn't found it that bad, it actually made me like Ayato as a character if I'm being honest.

He always reminded me of a butler, but at least at the end of his quest I found him to be a cool butler.

Definitely a character I wanna try getting down the road.

Pejo

From what I remember from Ayato's quest I didn't found it that bad, it actually made me like Ayato as a character if I'm being honest.

He always reminded me of a butler, but at least at the end of his quest I found him to be a cool butler.

Definitely a character I wanna try getting down the road.
I dunno what to say about that. It was basically one of those anime "nothing personnel kid" moves where he was leading us as the player around by the nose the whole time for basically all of the Inazuma arc from behind the scenes. And the whole active part of the quest was about breaking up some random NPCs wedding who admittedly were already happy with each other just because of 'muh tenryou commission'.

crumbs

These 5 week version durations don't give you much breathing room between events, I just wrapped the combat event & now they have the wind chaser domain event going already.

I shouldn't complain since we get resources, but I'm not sure they need to jam so many events in during the versions that they introduce new regions, especially when the new world quests take so long to complete.

Do you guys think that MiHoYo will eventually go back to 6 week patches or stick with 5 weeks?

Pejo

Actually happens fairly frequently, always obviously and annoyingly.
Nah usually it's us injecting ourselves into other people's shit. He was the first one actively manipulating us for his own gain, and then through the book festival and other story quests, we find out through a post-written asspull he was the whole reason we showed up in Inazuma to begin with and got involved in the vision hunt bullshit, not through our own choices or whatever. Then the whole bit that the book festival was all his doing so Kazuha would find out about his family legacy stuff. It felt like all of it was written after the fact to make Ayato seem like some genius tactician shadow agent.

Fake

Gold Member
Nilou's is much worse than Ayato's, which I didn't like either anyway.

They are equaly bad IMO, but in Nilou case I just keep thinking about this being forced somehow.

If they erase that ideia of stupid Core, would be a decent hydro char.

Fuz

Banned
Ayato's was better since less bla bla bla
D8TTC.gif

Anyhoo, this is what I was expecting from Watatsumi:

Last edited:

Pejo

less bla bla bla
Yea it's clearly been a minute since you played that quest because it's literally ALL blablabla with even more back and forth traveling. The only thing it didn't have was "wait 2 days" twice like Nilou's which is just a waste of everybody's time when you usually have to wait and roll the clock forward 2 separate times just to be annoying. Anyways, apparently I'm the odd one out here, but that quest set the bar for worst voiced quest in the game for me personally.
Anyhoo, this is what I was expecting from Watatsumi:

That's what I want to see come back in Monster Hunter. Looks pretty cool.

Top Bottom