• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Fuz

Banned
So, I came here to ask you guys if you knew how the fuck this works:

Mihoyo-PORCODIO.jpg

But I think I might get it. Tell me if I'm wrong.
They're limited. Every day only the first ones to click on redeem can get them. After they make you waste your time on their fucking pointless activities.
Just when I thought I couldn't hate mihoyo more.

Saber

Mihoyo-PORCODIO.jpg

They're limited. Every day only the first ones to click on redeem can get them. After they make you waste your time on their fucking pointless activities.

I tried once and forget it existed. Its meh and stupid, I gave up easly.

Last edited:

Mihoyo-PORCODIO.jpg

It's a waste of time. Ignore it.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Gold Member
3.2 Spiral Abyss:

P1 - Dealing damage releases a shockwave. For damage of each element the shockwave has a 8s cooldown.
P2 - Primary and secondary dendro rxns boost dendro DMG of entire party by 10% for 10s, max 4 stacks. At max stacks, dealing dendro damage triggers a shockwave

Pejo

Mihoyo-PORCODIO.jpg

I've never managed to get anything, but supposedly it's like this: Every day at the reset, those rewards are exchangeable if you have enough points. The issue is that people have scripts/bots set up to mash to redeem everything as quickly as possible as soon as the reset happens and then they go unavaialable after the stock runs out and it resets until the next day.

If that's how it works, it's REALLY fucking stupid.

If you play the gacha at the bottom, one of the rewards is primogems, but who knows what the rates for that is. So in other words, I stopped doing the event.

uuhnzflzo2u91.jpg

I honestly don't even know what people like about Scaramouche. I guess this is the year of Pinocchio after all.

Against my better judgement, I tossed a few rolls towards Nilou's banner, at a 50/50 shot. 30 rolls in:

iG5UPLB.png

And the best part is that Keqing came after Nilou, so I'm actually loaded up for guaranteed Kusanali. Worth the 30 rolls for sure considering i got 6 rolls back just in this one.

I'm probably not going to even level Nilou for now until she has some more Dendro options available, but I found her elemental skill mechanic interesting enough to play around with after a bunch of time in her Trial. She'd be such a better character if the bountiful cores were just weaker without Dendro/Hydro exclusivity in the party, but still active during her buff. Even the bootlickers over at reddit are kinda soured on her strict limitations for team composition.

Saber

I've never managed to get anything, but supposedly it's like this: Every day at the reset, those rewards are exchangeable if you have enough points. The issue is that people have scripts/bots set up to mash to redeem everything as quickly as possible as soon as the reset happens and then they go unavaialable after the stock runs out and it resets until the next day.

If you play the gacha at the bottom, one of the rewards is primogems, but who knows what the rates for that is. So in other words, I stopped doing the event.

uuhnzflzo2u91.jpg

I honestly don't even know what people like about Scaramouche. I guess this is the year of Pinocchio after all.

Against my better judgement, I tossed a few rolls towards Nilou's banner, at a 50/50 shot. 30 rolls in:

iG5UPLB.png

And the best part is that Keqing came after Nilou, so I'm actually loaded up for guaranteed Kusanali. Worth the 30 rolls for sure considering i got 6 rolls back just in this one.

I'm probably not going to even level Nilou for now until she has some more Dendro options available, but I found her elemental skill mechanic interesting enough to play around with after a bunch of time in her Trial. She'd be such a better character if the bountiful cores were just weaker without Dendro/Hydro exclusivity in the party, but still active during her buff. Even the bootlickers over at reddit are kinda soured on her strict limitations for team composition.

My god dude, one heck of luck. I barelly got a Keqing cons.
But after the weapon banner I'm drainined. Now my primos will be only for Dehnya.

Fuz

Banned

uuhnzflzo2u91.jpg

iG5UPLB.png

Is your Keq C6?

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Regarding the slate level up, can you already unlock all the levels?

I have two levels remaining. I've been running around in circles but can't find the ones I'm missing.

Pejo

Regarding the slate level up, can you already unlock all the levels?

I have two levels remaining. I've been running around in circles but can't find the ones I'm missing.
After you finish the quest with the researcher in the desert, wait 1 daily reset then go back to Aaru Village, it starts a new quest which leads you to the last few clearance levels as well as the teleport points.
Is your Keq C6?
Yea, she was the first C6 I got from standard banner.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
After you finish the quest with the researcher in the desert, wait 1 daily reset then go back to Aaru Village, it starts a new quest which leads you to the last few clearance levels as well as the teleport points.

Yea, she was the first C6 I got from standard banner.
Theres a quest? I got one of the levels completely at random :messenger_tears_of_joy:. Dumb me.

Enemy drops and ores should be auto collected like tree wood. Not sure why that is not a standard. Many a time I have accidentally used condensed resin for ley lines while collecting dropped items. At least they can make a gadget which when equipped should collect dropped items automatically.

Pejo

Enemy drops and ores should be auto collected like tree wood. Not sure why that is not a standard. Many a time I have accidentally used condensed resin for ley lines while collecting dropped items. At least they can make a gadget which when equipped should collect dropped items automatically.
I see your side of it, but I actually like collecting shinies. I was kinda bummed out when they auto added items from domains to your inventory because it was the only place we ever saw golden shinies. Something in my monkey brain i guess.

Last edited:

Saber

I see your side of it, but I actually like collecting shinies. I was kinda bummed out when they auto added items from domains to your inventory because it was the only place we ever saw golden shinies. Something in my monkey brain i guess.

Dunno if you remember this, but this was a change because of the other players who go to domains and use anemo to spread the drops, sometimes even falling in the bottomless area. Not saying they could counter measure this situation, but this change was surelly for the best.
As for the treasure drops, everything is nice and dandy until you explore mountain regions like Lyiue, and all your drops fall from the mountain and you have to choose between go after them and climbing all over again or simply ignore them.

Last edited:
Sometimes the contents of chests are now just transferred into your inventory immediately. Sometimes they're not, still causing them to fall down cliffs. I don't mind picking stuff up myself, but it'd be nice if it was a bit more consistent.

Saber

Sometimes the contents of chests are now just transferred into your inventory immediately. Sometimes they're not, still causing them to fall down cliffs. I don't mind picking stuff up myself, but it'd be nice if it was a bit more consistent.

It only shows to me that everything is randomly adjusted/placed by a computer. It should be like this:
-High places(like mountains) or very narrow places = all to your inventory
- The rest = drops on the ground normally

Did you guys tried ley lines on Sumeru? Most of the places are almost improper to battle, because the terrain is not plain.

Pejo

They could probably run a "sweep" after you log off that just mails any drops you got and didn't pick up to your in-game mail. That would solve both problems. Other games already do this so I know it's possible.

Lots of "hair down" Xinyan fanart for her birthday, I'm not sure which I like better, both styles are good.
le2obnmwy6u91.png

k4yd4u98a6u91.png

Official birthday art:
FfBPATeWQAAt2-7.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
mihoyomerda.jpg

By the way, if you have low-poly squared textiles items, maybe don't indulge on them with the camera.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
These desert side quests are among the best the game as ever delivered.

Finished the one that enables you to unlock all slate levels. Really cool and interesting to explore. End is kind of dumb and meh, but the adventure and exploration during the quest is quite solid.

And to my surprise seems the exploration doesn't even end here, because you unlock another quest right after.

Against my expectations the desert area might end being my favourite area in the game so far :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Pejo

These desert side quests are among the best the game as ever delivered.

Finished the one that enables you to unlock all slate levels. Really cool and interesting to explore. End is kind of dumb and meh, but the adventure and exploration during the quest is quite solid.

And to my surprise seems the exploration doesn't even end here, because you unlock another quest right after.

Against my expectations the desert area might end being my favourite area in the game so far :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Definitely agree. Desert and Enkanomiya had the best atmosphere, lore, and quests. Followed by Chasm and Tsurumi Island, but I think everyone else on GAF hated Tsurumi except me. It's kinda crazy because for the most part the world quests (unvoiced ones) usually respect your intelligence as a player opposed to the pre-Sumeru archon quests and character quests where they treat you like you're retarded and have Paimon triple explain everything. I wish they'd just can the voiced quest team and let the world quest team do all of the quests. Most of the smoothbrains that wouldn't understand the current voiced quests most likely skip them or ignore the dialogue anyways, so it's a net win for everybody.

To be clear, I'm not saying get rid of voiced quests, just line them up with the quality of the unvoiced world quests and tell Paimon to zip it. Lumine and Aether even have VAs, would it really be that much more money to have them each record lines for the Archon quests?

Thanks to Pejo Pejo I was able to ascend Cyno to Lvl 90 after which I decided that I don't like him much so decided to pull for Nilou and got her by beating 50/50. Then pulled for her weapon and really got lucky. In 50 pulls I got 4 swords in that order - Aquila Favonia, Primordial Jade Cutter, Key of Khaj-Nisut and Skyward Blade. The last 2 came in the same 10 pull. Now to go through the pain of upgrading Nilou and the weapon.

Fake

Gold Member
Nilou is fun for my team. Really loving into her hydro attacks.

So far so good. Just a shame the abyss buff is crap.

If someone is having trouble with material, just call me. Make sure to identify first here.

Fuz

Banned
Definitely agree. Desert and Enkanomiya had the best atmosphere, lore, and quests. Followed by Chasm and Tsurumi Island, but I think everyone else on GAF hated Tsurumi except me. It's kinda crazy because for the most part the world quests (unvoiced ones) usually respect your intelligence as a player opposed to the pre-Sumeru archon quests and character quests where they treat you like you're retarded and have Paimon triple explain everything. I wish they'd just can the voiced quest team and let the world quest team do all of the quests. Most of the smoothbrains that wouldn't understand the current voiced quests most likely skip them or ignore the dialogue anyways, so it's a net win for everybody.

To be clear, I'm not saying get rid of voiced quests, just line them up with the quality of the unvoiced world quests and tell Paimon to zip it. Lumine and Aether even have VAs, would it really be that much more money to have them each record lines for the Archon quests?
I liked Tsurumi. 2nd best island.
Also it kinda looks like a rotated Monkey Island:
Monkey_Island_map_SMI.jpg

More people popping up on the Genshin reddit saying they were hacked.

Might want to consider strengthening your password.
Same people who added all their info into genshin.moe or paimon.moe or whatever?

Last edited:

Pejo

Haven't heard about those. Fake websites floating around?
"WIsh Tracker" websites that track a lot of stuff you should probably not make public.

It seems unlikely via your linked reddit post that this was a straight out hack, it seems more likely that the dude was irresponsible with his login info. Even though the 2FA isn't the best for Genshin, it still would prevent someone from accessing the account from a new device.

Fuz Fuz
So the subreddit was going back and forth all week if we should accept your weekly rewards before or after Vera drops, turns out from Customer Service, you should try to max out your weekly stuff before Thursday because it will reset and you can get 2x the rewards this week.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Fuz Fuz
So the subreddit was going back and forth all week if we should accept your weekly rewards before or after Vera drops, turns out from Customer Service, you should try to max out your weekly stuff before Thursday because it will reset and you can get 2x the rewards this week.

I have no idea what's this about and I just collect anything on daily login.
D8TTC.gif

Pejo

I have no idea what's this about and I just collect anything on daily login.
D8TTC.gif
Well it's the quests like "run 5 dimensional rifts" and "kill 500 enemies in the world" etc. We're getting new ones with new rewards after 2.0 update this Thurs, but they are also resetting the progress. So if you can get all of your weeklies done before Thursday, then you can get all of the current rewards (dark crystals/purple and gold keys) and all the new ones after Thursday. I'll probably rush it, but I usually have the weeklies done by Weds just playing normally.

*edit*

Pretty good Rosaria cosplay:
6v0ql3mgncu91.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Well it's the quests like "run 5 dimensional rifts" and "kill 500 enemies in the world" etc. We're getting new ones with new rewards after 2.0 update this Thurs, but they are also resetting the progress. So if you can get all of your weeklies done before Thursday, then you can get all of the current rewards (dark crystals/purple and gold keys) and all the new ones after Thursday. I'll probably rush it, but I usually have the weeklies done by Weds just playing normally.

*edit*

Pretty good Rosaria cosplay:
6v0ql3mgncu91.jpg
I don't even take notice of the weeklies. I play it very casually, ToF is really stress-free for me and I really like the game for it.

crumbs

Finally started the Golden Slumber world quest. Enjoying it so far, decent puzzles and an interesting environment. However, they needed to work on the pacing, the dialog segments are way too frequent and seem redundant. Dialog -> Open Door -> More dialog -> solve small puzzle -> more dialog -> move to next room -> dialog ...

Anyway, I'm probably about half way through, so hopefully the pacing improves.

Pejo

I just hope we get a playable Jeht with Benben catalyst. I wonder if we'll eventually see characters like her and Rana become playable. I think it'd actually be pretty cool to see them start out as NPCs and get their upgrades.

JfUx6CK.jpg

crumbs

I just hope we get a playable Jeht with Benben catalyst. I wonder if we'll eventually see characters like her and Rana become playable. I think it'd actually be pretty cool to see them start out as NPCs and get their upgrades.

JfUx6CK.jpg
Speaking Jeht, I know she's just a Eremite Clearwater with different colored hair, but I find her design more interesting than Layla's. I guess this speaks to the improvement in enemy and NPC design in Sumeru.

Pejo

Speaking Jeht, I know she's just a Eremite Clearwater with different colored hair, but I find her design more interesting than Layla's. I guess this speaks to the improvement in enemy and NPC design in Sumeru.
Definitely agree. I like her design better than Nilou too. Wonder if 3* characters ever became a thing, where we could just get playable versions of NPC enemies.

Pejo

So I went into my teapot and was checking on my fish tank, but there was only one fish...

GdaXJRd.jpg

Looked around for a while and sure enough, behind the tank between it and the wall...
DPinsRx.jpg

Then there was this absolute madlad...
AT7vzlX.jpg

Guess that tank is a bit glitchy then?

Saber

So I went into my teapot and was checking on my fish tank, but there was only one fish...

GdaXJRd.jpg

Looked around for a while and sure enough, behind the tank between it and the wall...
DPinsRx.jpg

Then there was this absolute madlad...
AT7vzlX.jpg

Guess that tank is a bit glitchy then?

Happens to Fake Fake all the time, ask him.
In my case though, I can kick it from my room on the opposite side.

Fake

Gold Member
Not only that, but my desert crane freeze with animation.

If curious, go visit where my plants is located.

Last edited:
Top Bottom