• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

BTW, why asking for two days is a thing now?
I can only think it's to try to build a sense that "major preparation" is taking place for these events from a lore angle. I hate it personally.

Dregnel Dregnel R Reizo Ryuu
Well fuck me, this was my last feasible hopium/copium for a Himeko SP fire support captainverse battlesuit. Instead we got fried cabbage. Fuckin' lame.

0yh182xq4yu91.gif

ojj9omap4yu91.gif

72lxm8yp4yu91.gif

ondz4y9q4yu91.gif

rzdnkjnq4yu91.gif

Dregnel

I can only think it's to try to build a sense that "major preparation" is taking place for these events from a lore angle. I hate it personally.

Dregnel Dregnel R Reizo Ryuu
Well fuck me, this was my last feasible hopium/copium for a Himeko SP fire support captainverse battlesuit. Instead we got fried cabbage. Fuckin' lame.

0yh182xq4yu91.gif

ojj9omap4yu91.gif

72lxm8yp4yu91.gif

ondz4y9q4yu91.gif

rzdnkjnq4yu91.gif

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Nah usually it's us injecting ourselves into other people's shit. He was the first one actively manipulating us for his own gain, and then through the book festival and other story quests, we find out through a post-written asspull he was the whole reason we showed up in Inazuma to begin with and got involved in the vision hunt bullshit, not through our own choices or whatever. Then the whole bit that the book festival was all his doing so Kazuha would find out about his family legacy stuff. It felt like all of it was written after the fact to make Ayato seem like some genius tactician shadow agent.
I have a bad memory so, OK
D8TTC.gif

But I never fell asleep 3 days in a row trying to do a quest before.

deanote666

These 5 week version durations don't give you much breathing room between events, I just wrapped the combat event & now they have the wind chaser domain event going already.

I shouldn't complain since we get resources, but I'm not sure they need to jam so many events in during the versions that they introduce new regions, especially when the new world quests take so long to complete.

Do you guys think that MiHoYo will eventually go back to 6 week patches or stick with 5 weeks?
The shorter patches are to get us back on track after the patch delay in May.

I honestly don't really remember Ayato's quest. Haven't started Nilou's quest.

Last edited:

crumbs

The shorter patches are to get us back on track after the patch delay in May.
I understand why we have the shorter patches, but I was wondering if the devs will stick with the short patches even after we make up for the delay. Feels like they can crank up the FOMO with the shorter character banner durations and less time between the limited availability events.

I think v3.2 is the last version confirmed for 5 weeks, so I guess we'll find out when they announce details for v3.3

BJK

Glad to know the side-content is coming faster & faster at the moment. Haven’t done the last 2 character quests, or the tournament one. Haven’t even finished the story quest yet, in order to do the character quests!

Granted, OW2 is my lead time-sink right Now, and the built-in time delays between Quest stages are making things worse…but they are asking a lot out of us lately.

Last edited:

Saber

I understand why we have the shorter patches, but I was wondering if the devs will stick with the short patches even after we make up for the delay. Feels like they can crank up the FOMO with the shorter character banner durations and less time between the limited availability events.

I think v3.2 is the last version confirmed for 5 weeks, so I guess we'll find out when they announce details for v3.3

Judging the unnecessary amount of complexity in level/dungeon design and mundane dialogues, I would agree with you. This patch certainly showed me they wanted to keep brewing people for as long as they can.
The good news for them is there isn't much of competition in games nowadays, perhaps GoW will take a good amount of players if the game isn't taxing.
But a huge amount of games got delayed to next year, thats certainly a red flag for them.

Fuz

Banned
The cyberpunk city is amazing but it's a fucking nightmare getting to PoIs. Wish it was empty of them.
This update his really cool. Also love the desert... need to explore it more to decide which game's desert I like more.

The concert is embarassing.

Pejo

The cyberpunk city is amazing but it's a fucking nightmare getting to PoIs. Wish it was empty of them.
This update his really cool. Also love the desert... need to explore it more to decide which game's desert I like more.

The concert is embarassing.
Played through tonight up to where you unlock Mi-A as a pet. Man, the city and the eastern cavern area of the desert are fucking loaded with multiple tiers to explore with hidden shit everywhere. This one is going to take like 3x as long just due to the verticality. Having fun again though, it's nice to have exploration stuff to do again. The entire story up to this point seems like a big sales pitch for Lin though. Billboards, she's seemingly involved in everything we do for no reason, etc. I don't mind, I'll be rolling for her anyways, but damn it's obvious.

So southwest of the research station you load into Vera on, there's a miniboss lizard guarding 3 chests. After I killed him and the few smaller ones that spawn during the fight, nothing happened to the chests to be able to open them. Did you by chance figure out how to open those? It's 3 all bunched together.

Anyways, this one doesn't touch the Genshin desert for me personally, but that one was more Egyptian themed which I'm a big fanboy of. The ToF desert reminds me of Arizona in the US. Definitely a huge step up in quality over 1.0. God damn the bugs though. So, so many bugs, glitches, etc. We already got like 800 black crystals due to hotfixes, so keep them coming I guess. It's nice to see people playing the game again, but I actually hit queues all night for instanced stuff like the star gates and dimension trials and Joint Ops.

Lol - They actually made an avatar frame for the old 10% off bug:
nmwih5pwx0v91.png

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
So southwest of the research station you load into Vera on, there's a miniboss lizard guarding 3 chests. After I killed him and the few smaller ones that spawn during the fight, nothing happened to the chests to be able to open them. Did you by chance figure out how to open those? It's 3 all bunched together.
Haven't found him yet. I'll let you know if when I found it and manage to solve (=google) it.

The pois are a nightmare also because there's no interactive map like in genshin where people upload the "solutions". I spent A LOT of time climbing to some marked points in the city only to discover they weren't there. The city is a nightamare on that standpoint. It's just so confusing and time-intensive.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
This made me laugh more than it should have

Also, PROMO CODEEEEEEES!
9AN5X46Q

GIFTVERA

Last edited:

BJK

Phase 1

Character Banner: Nahida & Yoimiya

Phase 2

Character Banner: Yae Miko & Tartaglia

Which character to I try to C1 (after getting Nahida, because Archon): Nahida, Yoimiya, or Miko? Yae is probably my favorite character of the 3, but off-field Electro dps is crowded (Fischl & Raiden).

Let’s be honest: I’m due to lose a 50-50…but it’s fun to think about.

Pejo

Which character to I try to C1 (after getting Nahida, because Archon): Nahida, Yoimiya, or Miko? Yae is probably my favorite character of the 3, but off-field Electro dps is crowded (Fischl & Raiden).

Let’s be honest: I’m due to lose a 50-50…but it’s fun to think about.
IMO, always go with your favorites. Meta comes and goes, but if you like a character, it's nice to make them stronger/more useful.

crumbs

Decided to break my own rule about not pulling on the Weapons banner because I was interested in the new 4 star EM sword and catalyst, along with some interest in the PJC sword.

Ended up with the EM sword and 2x the EM catalyst, so the plan is the new EM sword on Kazuha, move the Iron Sting to Shinobu (recently added, will be a future project), and the EM catalyst for Nahida.

I also pulled the Skyward Blade, but I'm not sure who to use it on. In addition to this, I recently added the Aquila Favonia from the standard banner. I gave it to Bennett (who I don't really use much) because it didn't really work on anyone else. Kinda sucks to add multiple 5 star weapons and not have good fits for them.

Last edited:

Saber

I also pulled the Skyward Blade, but I'm not sure who to use it on. In addition to this, I recently added the Aquila Favonia from the standard banner. I gave it to Bennett (who I don't really use much) because it didn't really work on anyone else. Kinda sucks to add multiple 5 star weapons and not have good fits for them.

I use my Aquila(btw, my first 5-star weapon) on Keqing. When shes not infusing her AA, I simply attack normally and use Thunderclap instead. What sword characters do you use?

Pejo

Who should I aim for, when I dont own any of them?
Well you'll get the opportunity to try them all once the patch drops, but the safest bet of the bunch is Nahida. New element with barely any characters, strong kit, good universal compatibility with other characters.

Otherwise, what do you need? Who do you currently have? What type of teams do you like to play?

crumbs

I use my Aquila(btw, my first 5-star weapon) on Keqing. When shes not infusing her AA, I simply attack normally and use Thunderclap instead. What sword characters do you use?
Here's the current roster:

Built Characters
Kaz - Iron sting, but shifting over to the new EM sword once it's built
Keqing - R5 Lions Roar - I did try the Aquila Favonia on her; the normal attack boost is nice, but I lose damage vs the Lions Roar on the new dendro reactions & her skill + burst, which is the main reason I've been using her lately.
Ayaka - R5 Black Sword
Xingqiu - R5 Sacrificial Sword
Bennett - Aquila Favonia, which replaced the Festering Desire event sword

Unused Characters
Shinobu - Eventually Iron Sting
Traveler - Favonius Sword
Kaeya - Inazuma craft-able sword

Maybe someday when/if I pull Jean, I can use either the Aquila Favonia or the Skyward Blade on her.

Pejo

Maybe someday when/if I pull Jean, I can use either the Aquila Favonia or the Skyward Blade on her.
Jean is the best Skyward Blade user IMO, that's what I've been using on mine, and with her energy refund on her burst, you can have it nearly 100% uptime.

Aquila doesn't really fit anywhere right now unless you use phys Kaeya/Keqing. Otherwise you throw it on Benny for the stats and forget about it.

RaZoR No1

Well you'll get the opportunity to try them all once the patch drops, but the safest bet of the bunch is Nahida. New element with barely any characters, strong kit, good universal compatibility with other characters.

Otherwise, what do you need? Who do you currently have? What type of teams do you like to play?
Is there a easy way to list all characters?

I play for fun and wouldnt mind if a character belongs to the meta.

Pejo

Is there a easy way to list all characters?

I play for fun and wouldnt mind if a character belongs to the meta.
You can log in and see your list of characters in your "Battle Chronicle" through HoyoLab:

Click on "all characters" then there's a button to share and take a screenshot in the top right:
PGN8Est.jpg

If you don't have a clear goal in mind, just wait until 3.2 drops and try out Yoimiya and Nahida in the trials. If you like one of them, roll for them. If you're still undecided, I would still argue that Nahida is the more important character to get at this stage in the game.

Pejo

Well just from looking at the characters you have and have leveled, I think an extremely good team would be Keqing (DPS carry), Fischl (support and battery), Kokomi (healer) and Nahida (Dendro reaction machine). I use a variation of this team myself with Collei instead of Nahida, and it's a lot of fun and very strong.

That's what I'd recommend at least.

RaZoR No1

Well just from looking at the characters you have and have leveled, I think an extremely good team would be Keqing (DPS carry), Fischl (support and battery), Kokomi (healer) and Nahida (Dendro reaction machine). I use a variation of this team myself with Collei instead of Nahida, and it's a lot of fun and very strong.

I will try to unlock her

Pejo

I will try to unlock her
You can also get a free Collei from the Abyss at low levels, i'm not sure exactly which one, but it could give you an idea if you find that team composition fun. Nahida will do everything Collei does, but better, skill wise. Some people in this thread don't really like Dendro reactions, but I think they're really good.

With the team I mentioned above, you could do all of these reactions simultaneously: Quicken/Spread/Aggravate/Bloom/Hyperbloom and the only requirement is that you use everybody's skills then attack with Keqing. I won't get too in depth since this looks like a casual/new-ish account, but with all those reactions happening, you get lots of dead things, flashy effects, and many numbers.

*edit*

R Reizo Ryuu Dregnel Dregnel
Finally some good news for Himeko simps like myself in 6.2:
ykgqj20ry4v91.jpg

I'm ready:
UJJ3UiB.jpg

Can't wait to see what her Ego signets are. Better not all be "lose HP to gain strength" bullshit

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned

Agree.

But he might also want/need a good fire DPS.

In the end, only personal preferences matter. Try them and decide.
You can also skip them all and wait for something else.

P.S.
Upgrade them all to 50 and get the free wishes, 40 is pointless.

Fuz

Banned
Pejo Pejo

Abela.jpg

This one? You need to kill the named elite AND 3-4 hidden lizards. We killed him and a few lizards and the chests didn't unlock... then someone wiser started going around and around until a lizard popped from underground. Killed that, and the chests unlocked.

Saber

Pretty good team. I notice you have Fichlz and shes a god tier support when used with hydro catalysts(and you have Kokomi). In my case I use Barbara.
Also, the perma freeze you can with the Ayaka + Kokomi is excelent. Really got a strong main team yourself.
Might as well continue to up either Bennet or Xiangling, Bennet being the best support while Xiangling a pretty good pyro support.
Keqing as DPS is good too. Max her burst and AA if you can or wish.

Pejo

Pejo Pejo

Abela.jpg

This one? You need to kill the named elite AND 3-4 hidden lizards. We killed him and a few lizards and the chests didn't unlock... then someone wiser started going around and around until a lizard popped from underground. Killed that, and the chests unlocked.
Makes sense. Man I never see anybody out in the world despite the servers being loaded up, so I've been soloing all of these minibosses. Did you shout for the group or did you just run into them there? There's also one at the big oasis in the southwest and a few on the right side of the desert too, a big rhino next to a smaller oasis and I forget the other one.

Anyways, doesn't bother me one bit, but Layla is on the 2nd half banners with Childe/Yae, so looks like I won't be getting her after all.
96n6lyj006v91.jpg

Fuz

Banned
Makes sense. Man I never see anybody out in the world despite the servers being loaded up, so I've been soloing all of these minibosses. Did you shout for the group or did you just run into them there?
Soloing them? Are you crazy? No, I shoutout or join shoutouts.

Pejo

Soloing them? Are you crazy? No, I shoutout or join shoutouts.
It's easy with Frigg since you get unlimited dodges 🤷‍♂️

Does take a while though.

I duo'ed Sobek with another guy a few days ago. Frigg OP.

Last edited:
R Reizo Ryuu Dregnel Dregnel
Finally some good news for Himeko simps like myself in 6.2:
ykgqj20ry4v91.jpg

I'm ready:
UJJ3UiB.jpg

Can't wait to see what her Ego signets are. Better not all be "lose HP to gain strength" bullshit

Nice, looking forward to how the signets improve her gameplay; also losing hp to get stronger would probably make her a top clearer since it would just stack with kalpas signets and make her immortal lol.

Top Bottom