• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

Which one?
Here's the thread.

3* catalyst that's almost as good is the Magic Guide
By the by, have you explored Vera? I was loving it until I realized that there's an extensive cave system, and it's much worse than Sumeru
2Rce3.gif
K8Tdx.gif
There's a lot to it, and yea the cave system is huge, but I'm not finding it as fun as Sumeru desert. I despise them not saying if the PoI's/chests are above or below you. It's feeling more like a chore than a natural exploration where I see something, go to it, then see another thing and go to it like Genshin has mastered.

Did you find the area under the quicksand yet? You have to get sucked down where you see it funneling and there's a whole area under there.
I've read about it, but no idea what's it about tbh. Had no issues so far.
Wonder if Euro servers are unaffected? Literally any content that is instanced in NA servers is blocked behind a 100~ room queue that takes about 15-20 mins to get through. And again, if anybody in your queued team drops, it kicks you out of the queue and you have to requeue. And the whole time you're queued, you can't do anything or move your character. So you just sit there and stare at the queue number for 15 mins. It's absolutely pants-on-head retarded and making me not even want to play the game until they stop it. I literally couldn't spend my vitality the past 2 days so I've been reduced to getting those omnium beacons since they're the only thing that don't require queueing. JO's, Star Gates, Dimenional Rifts, Bygone Phantasm, Wormhole, FCs, etc are all affected.

If they're doing queues, you should A. not be matched until your spot in the queue is ready AND B. you should be able to continue playing the game until your queue spot is ready. Fucking idiots.

Fuz

Banned
Thanks for the links!

Did you find the area under the quicksand yet? You have to get sucked down where you see it funneling and there's a whole area under there.
I suspected that! ...I died like 3 meters before it.
But I've probably found the area by teleporting to a boss kill.
Wonder if Euro servers are unaffected? Literally any content that is instanced in NA servers is blocked behind a 100~ room queue that takes about 15-20 mins to get through. And again, if anybody in your queued team drops, it kicks you out of the queue and you have to requeue. And the whole time you're queued, you can't do anything or move your character. So you just sit there and stare at the queue number for 15 mins. It's absolutely pants-on-head retarded and making me not even want to play the game until they stop it. I literally couldn't spend my vitality the past 2 days so I've been reduced to getting those omnium beacons since they're the only thing that don't require queueing. JO's, Star Gates, Dimenional Rifts, Bygone Phantasm, Wormhole, FCs, etc are all affected.
Nope, all is working as usual.

Last edited:

Pejo

Hmm, big changes if true. Faruzan was the girl I was thinking of yesterday that supposedly is Anemo bow, or was at some point. Glad they didn't do the "no new 5*" thing for 3.4, that's boring. Messes up my savings for Dehya plan a bit though, since I'd like to get Alhaitham. I hope he's a Dendro hypercarry that can make good use out of Spread reactions.

Pejo

As a sidenote, when I was finding that math thread for Kusanali, I stumbled across this which has been giving me laughs all morning.

The Baizhu one calling him a pedophile made me laugh so much.

Saber

The Baizhu one calling him a pedophile made me laugh so much.

Not as much as people making a rage because along the lines of Shennhe ascencion she thanks traveler. And that somehow triggered the straight alert.

Last edited:

SSfox

Here's the thread.

3* catalyst that's almost as good is the Magic Guide

There's a lot to it, and yea the cave system is huge, but I'm not finding it as fun as Sumeru desert. I despise them not saying if the PoI's/chests are above or below you. It's feeling more like a chore than a natural exploration where I see something, go to it, then see another thing and go to it like Genshin has mastered.

If they're doing queues, you should A. not be matched until your spot in the queue is ready AND B. you should be able to continue playing the game until your queue spot is ready. Fucking idiots.

I was hesitating between Mappa and Magic Guide, but i think i'm going with the second one, already started level it up to 60 this week.

Pejo

Fake Fake or Saber Saber - I can't remember which one of you came up with the idea that crystallize shields in Geo should give you a small buff based on element, but they stole the idea and made it part of Scaradouche's kit.

9ajih1wtzkv91.jpg

i1fv6gnuzkv91.jpg

Saber

Fake Fake or Saber Saber - I can't remember which one of you came up with the idea that crystallize shields in Geo should give you a small buff based on element, but they stole the idea and made it part of Scaradouche's kit.

9ajih1wtzkv91.jpg

i1fv6gnuzkv91.jpg

I made, as a part of geo overhaul.
But this leak is questionable.
Who ever increases stamina? It's not even a Statue of Seven leveling thing anymore.

Pejo

And everything else?
Any charge attack focused character, Hu Tao for instance, but yea I get what you're saying. It's definitely more useless than the other mini-buffs, but what else were they gonna do, healing bonus or temporary hp boost? At least this contributes something offensively if he uses charge attacks or requires dodges.

That dungeon drains stamina for as long as you consume it. Reducing consuption there wouldn't make any difference.
I just meant as a metric on Stamina being useful vs. useless, not that it's going to make him useful in that domain.

Saber

I think would be easier to believe if his hydro buff have to do with increasing max HP. It wouldn't be a first, Candance increases everytime she uses her skill.

Last edited:

Pejo

So when can we UP the three? sound like not until 3.4
I think we'll be able to get it to whatever level drops the Teapot theme in this upcoming patch, no? They showed it in the special program for 3.2, and that's how we acquire it. So I'm assuming we'll at least get another 10 levels max or something.

SSfox

I think we'll be able to get it to whatever level drops the Teapot theme in this upcoming patch, no? They showed it in the special program for 3.2, and that's how we acquire it. So I'm assuming we'll at least get another 10 levels max or something.
Ah, so Sumero teapon isn't coming at 3.2? i thought it was coming since they showed a bit of it lol

Nankatsu

Gold Member
You gotta love Hoyoverse for bluntly copying ideas from Breath of the Wild.

I'm late in Sumeru, and man the Aranara are legit a copy from the Korok seeds, geez :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also, how reliable is this guy:

RDT-20221023-223205413715805391451382.png

Because if Alhaitham jumps to 3.4 instead of 3.6, I'm legit skipping Kusanali.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
You gotta love Hoyoverse for bluntly copying ideas from Breath of the Wild.

I'm late in Sumeru, and man the Aranara are legit a copy from the Korok seeds, geez :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Also, how reliable is this guy:

RDT-20221023-223205413715805391451382.png

Because if Alhaitham jumps to 3.4 instead of 3.6, I'm legit skipping Kusanali.
Very reliable.

How many wishes do you have?

Nankatsu

Gold Member

HOARD BRO, HOARD!​

I think I might be able to reach 180 pulls by 3.4. Got a nice chunk of content left to clear.

And if Yao Yao is in his banner, it's a really good banner if you're chasing dendro characters. Guess I'll finally break my Archon cycle and skip Nahida after all.

Since she is an Archon they tend to re-run much faster.

Here's hoping Yao Yao or Alhaitham end up being a shielder or healer.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
How can we got from 'no chars' to 'too many chars'?

Gonna start saving for Alhaitham.

Last edited:

deanote666

Didn't get Dori since I was nearing my guaranteed 5*. Toed the line getting 1 copy of Candace.

Currently at 76 pulls on a guaranteed 5*. My sweet spot is 77. Got about 8 10 pulls saved up.

Going for 1 copy of Kusanali and see if I like her enough to invest more.

Hoping to get to C2 Yae. Currently C0...

Pejo

Dehya in a desert of husbandos. Things are looking great.
I'm currently collecting enough Dehya art to do a "Dehya per Day-(uh)" run leading up to 3.5 from about halfway through 3.4. So either this thread is gonna love me or hate me, but either way they're going to get daily Dehya art.

Anyways, put on your big boy reading pants, Genshin-GAF. This ship's a-leakin'. Putting in a quote as to not make the post huge.

Patch Timelines
What will 3.3 bring? (December 6th/7th)

3.3 will bring playable Scaramouche (5-star Anemo Catalyst) as well as the new Sumeru 4-star Anemo Bow Faruzan. There will apparently be another Archon Quest. A new (future playable) character (a teen male Catalyst named Blinder) will also have a cameo.

Aside from Scaramouche's signature catalyst weapon, there will also be a new 4-star sword codenamed "Kasabouzu" (510 ATK and 165 EM, 1st enemy hit by an attack gets the "Fright" debuff that increases damage taken).

Other events: The Hide and Seek (Windtrace) event will rerun, as will the Misty Dungeon event.

There will be a new artifact domain with two new artifact sets: one increasing NA/CA/Plunge damage and speed, and one with stacking buffs to Bloom/Hyperbloom/Burgeon damage (also applies off-field). SusAmongUs clarifies that the first set increases attack speed and AA/CA/Plunge DMG every time an enemy is hit by a Charged attack.

What will 3.4 bring? (January 17th/18th)

3.4 will bring possible playable Al-Haitham (5*) and Yaoyao (4*). There will be skins for Lisa ("student") and Ayaka ("spring"). We will also get a map expansion for Sumeru's desert region (the sandstorm area including a new Sandworm world boss), an extra 10 Sumeru tree levels, and a new abyss enemy (similar to the Lectors/Heralds). There may also be some sort of Boat Race event.

What will 3.5 bring? (February 29th/March 1st)

3.5 will bring Dehya's release (5*), as well as possible Mika playable (4*). Hangout with Faruzan, a new Archon Quest, and some sort of "PacMan" and "Brickbreaker" events in Inazuma.

What will 3.6 bring? (April 11th/12th)

3.6 will bring another new map expansion for Sumeru's desert (a canyon region with a lake), the last 10 Sumeru tree levels, and a new Weekly Boss unlocked by an Archon Quest: the Dendro Dragon. Layla will receive a Hangout. Other rumors previously claimed 3.6 may bring the Qiaoying Village expansion of Liyue, and playable Baizhu (5*) as well as a new "Female Villager Leader" character.

How long will the Sumeru patches last?

There is apparently data for patches numbered up to 3.8 at least.

What do we know about Fontaine?

There is apparently preliminary data suggesting some sort of high-speed boat mechanic in Fontaine, as well as an undersea area.

Upcoming Characters
What overall characters will be playable in Sumeru?

• Uncle Lu originally released a Sumeru 5-star roadmap: Nahida in 3.2, Scaramouche in 3.3, no new 5-star in 3.4 but Yaoyao as a new 4-star, Dehya in 3.5, and Baizhu in 3.6
  • There is a questionable leak that 3.6 will be the Qiaoying Village expansion of Liyue, which is connected to Fontaine. Baizhu will be playable in this patch, as well as a new "Female Village Leader" character we have never seen before. There will also be an appearance from a male Fontaine playable character.
  • Ubatcha revealed a different roadmap: Scaramouche in 3.3 (with Faruzan), Al-Haitham in 3.4 (with Yaoyao), Dehya in 3.5 (with Mika), and Baizhu in 3.6 alongside a new character (possibly the Female Villager Leader character above).
  • In total, there are 15 playable Sumeru characters whose names have been leaked so far.
    • 11 Characters who have been mentioned in game so far (confirmed 5-stars bolded):
      • Female: Nilou*, Dori,* Nahida*, Layla, Candace,* Dehya*, Faruzan*
      • Male: Tighnari, Cyno, Al-Haitham, Kaveh
    • Auntie Fish Touching described 4 additional playable characters who have yet to be mentioned in game. There are 3 additional female characters: Nafs, Ikhfa, and Soutine. There is 1 male character named Djajeet.
What do we know about a playable Scaramouche/"Wanderer"?

5* Anemo Catalyst Teen Male, to be released in 3.3

• The dataminer Mero AKA Merlin claims Scaramouche will have a banner around 3.2, and that his playable name is "Wanderer."
    • Mero reports the playable Scaramouche/Wanderer is Anemo. He apparently has a 60 cost burst and a 9 second cooldown skill.
    • Mero reports Scaramouche/Wanderer will be a melee catalyst similar to Heizou. He will also be in the same banner as Faruzan (4* teen female Anemo Bow below).
  • Uncle Lu released a Sumeru 5-star roadmap putting Scaramouche in 3.3.
  • Per Uncle DD, Scaramouche's elemental burst has similar properties to Venti's burst, though over a smaller area. His skill makes him float for a while.
  • Ubatcha reports that Scaramouche's kit involves leaping/floating similar to Heizou. His skill/E switches him to a Sword stance similar to Raiden burst, and he will then focus on auto-attacks with this stance. His burst/Q is a mix of Venti and Heizou's bursts. He gets certain buffs based on swirling different elements (ATK with Pyro, Stamina with Hydro, ER with Electro, Crit with Cryo).
    • This is corroborated by Project Celestia who reports that it is his passive ascension talent that gives him these elemental buffs when he Swirls/infuses an element with his skill. His elemental burst involves his hat somehow.
  • BLANK elaborates that his signature weapon buffs normal attacks after using a skill, and this buff stacks with further normal attacks.
    • Plusle claims that his signature weapon has 674 base ATK and 44% Crit DMG.
  • Naevis reports that data for Scaramouche's skill suggests it lets him hover in the air and then spawn a ring that could potentially swirl/infuse with Hydro/Pyro/Electro/Cryo. That element then gets a buff. His burst somehow makes the ring disappear and spawns a fog instead.
    • This is corroborated by Project Celestia who reports that this Ring of Anemo can infuse elements while launching him into the air and letting him move around/dash in mid-air.
  • SusAmongUs reports that his Constellation 1 increases his attack speed. His C2 adds extra scaling to his Burst. His C6 buffs his burst somehow and might recover stamina.
  • His leveling materials are apparently Rukkashava mushrooms (the blue ones), Handguards, and Perpetual Caliber as his boss material.
  • Ziao claims that he will be redesigned to have an open chest Kimono, and he will wear his Anemo vision over his heart. He will lose the veil but keep his hat and pants style. His color palette will change to "deep gorgeous blues". His sleeves are short and different colors. His socks will have fancy embellishments. Overall his design is described as "Indie-pop" or "Twee/quaint/pretty/sentimental", a cross between current Scaramouche and Kazuha. He reportedly gives off the vibes of a Hydro catalyst despite being Anemo.
What do we know about Faruzan?

4* Anemo Bow Teen Female, to be released in 3.3

• Mero claims she will be in the same banner as Scaramouche/Wanderer, in 3.3.
    • This is confirmed by BLANK.
  • Naevis describes her skill/E as spawning an Anemo "Arashi" projectile, and a WindBlackHole (probably similar to Venti). Her burst/Q spawns a HurricaneArrow that is an "enchanted" arrow which can sometimes be Anemo, sometimes not.
  • SusAmongUs reports her burst/Q reduces Anemo resistance of enemies. Her A1 passive enchantes her arrows to possibly reduce Anemo resistance. Her second ascension passive buffs the DMG% and Crit DMG of either herself or another unit.
    • Her skill/E automatically shoots out arrows. Her C6 increases the speed/frequency of these arrows.
  • Project Celestia reports her skill/E has two levels, marks an enemy, and spawns a "Wind Zone" on the ground that sucks in enemies. Her burst/Q spawns a creature that does a burst of damage.
What do we know about Al-Haitham?

5* Dendro Sword Adult Male, likely releasing in 3.4

• Uncle Lu leaked a Sumeru 5-star roadmap up to 3.6 which did not include Al-Haitham at all, suggesting the earliest he could possibly be released is 3.7.
  • Ubatcha revealed a different roadmap placing Al-Haitham in 3.4 (with Yaoyao).
    • This is corroborated by data placing 3.4 as the release date for the 5* Sword in the Sumeru set (codenamed Ayus, similar to the Tighnari bow)
  • Naevis reports Al-Haitham's skill/E throws a Lotus (it has Press vs Hold versions likely similar to Itto throwing Ushi). While on field, he switched into a "ForlornLotus" stance. His Burst/Q makes the Lotuses explode (using Albedo's burst as a placeholder).
  • BLANK clarifies that the E's "ForlornLotus" stance switches his weapon into a "RuneWeapon", and his normal attacks in this stance mark enemies. This ForlornLotus skill apparently has 3 levels.
    • His burst/Q unleashes some sort of "Fog" that somehow buffs ForlornLotus ATK(?).
What do we know about Yaoyao?

4* Dendro Polearm Child Female, likely releasing in 3.4

• Uncle Lu released a Sumeru 5-star roadmap placing Yaoyao in 3.4.
  • Naevis notes she is a Dendro Polearm.
  • Per Naevis, Yaoyao's skill throws out a bunny (it has Press vs Hold versions similar to Itto throwing Ushi). Her burst also spawns a bunny (similar to Sayu).
  • Per Project Celestia, Yaoyao's skill throws a Turnip while her burst throws a Bunny. Her burst heals all party members based on her max HP.
What do we know about Dehya?

5* Pyro Claymore Adult Female, likely releasing in 3.5

• Uncle Lu released a Sumeru 5-star roadmap placing Dehya in 3.5.
    • This is corroborated by data placing 3.5 as the release date for the 5* Claymore in the Desert set (codenamed Deshret, similar to Cyno/Nilou's weapons).
  • Per Naevis, Dehya's skill will spawn a gravestone/tomb that buffs the active character. Her Q is described as a "Blade Storm."
  • SusAmongUs provided some vague keywords suggesting she perhaps leaves her sword on field, which buffs the active character while in its AoE and launches coordinated attacks with the active character. She can also recall it to deal damage and trigger special effects.
What do we know about Mika?

4* Cryo Polearm Teen Male, likely releasing in 3.5

• SYP reports he is a future playable Cryo 4-star boy.
  • Naevis reports he is a Cryo Polearm. His E/skill has Press vs Hold versions that launch projectiles and mark enemies.
  • Project Celestia reports his data is preliminary, but it does appear that when he is under the effects of his burst/Q, his autoattacks heal him and possibly the entire party.
What do we know about Kaveh?

Dendro Claymore Adult Male, unknown release date

• SYP reports Kaveh will be a Dendro Tall Male.
  • Ubatcha noted he is a Claymore user.
  • SYP gave a detailed description of Kaveh: he has medium-length pale-blonde hair with a braid tucked to the left side of his head. His skin is pale, and his overall color scheme has reds, blues, browns, and greys. He is a genius engineer and inventor, hot-tempered and overly honest.
    • SYP notes the Twitter artist waternaeng created a fanart of Kaveh which is very close to his actual appearance. (The same artist also made a suspiciously accurate Ayato fanart 2 months before his appearance was drip-leaked).
    • SYP later gave another Kaveh fanart by trish_doodles a 9/10 accuracy rating.
What do we know about Baizhu?

5* Dendro Catalyst Adult Male, likely releasing in 3.6

• Uncle W reports Baizhu will likely be a healer.
  • Uncle Lu reports he will release in 3.6.
  • Naevis reports his skill/E has data suggesting it spawns some kind of trail. His burst/Q does not have much data currently, though it uses Yae's burst as a placeholder.
What other miscellaneous characters do we know about?

• BLANK clarifies the playable character making a cameo in 3.3 is a Teen Male Catalyst named Blinder.
  • Ziaobi conveys some questionable leaks that Soutine is a Hydro Claymore from Fontaine who may be releasing in 3.8.
  • Uncle Pigeon claims there may be a future Cryo Claymore character who specializes in normal and charged attacks (similar to Itto).
  • SYP reports almost all Harbingers will become playable in the (far) future. The exceptions are Capitano who still has a "high chance to be playable", and Pierro/Pulcinella/Signora whose playability is Unknown.
  • Auntie Fish Touching previously noted there appears to be a high likelihood of the Fatui Harbinger Capitano becoming playable in the (far) future.
  • Hxg_Diluc claims the Harbinger Dottore will eventually be playable. Dottore will apparently not turn good, split into two individuals, or otherwise have major changes to his current personality.
    • Per Ubatcha, Dottore is labelled as a Claymore character in-game. This does not confirm that his current model will be the playable one though.
Any news about future skins?

• Mero/Merlin and Blank report Lisa and Ayaka will likely be the next batch of skins released. They will come in 3.4.
    • Mero specifies the general themes of the skins are "Spring Ayaka" and "Student Lisa." The full codenames are German words, with Lisa as "Studentin" and Ayaka as "Fruhling."
    • Hxg_Diluc reports Ayaka's skin will be 5-star in rarity, and she may have an independent event for her skin similar to Diluc's skin.

Pejo

I just want to add that Dehya's leaked kit above sounds FUN. Like an off field buffer/pyro applicator where she sticks it into the ground where it pulses and then can Thor's Hammer call the sword back and do some extra damage. I'm imagining attacking with her, plunging the sword in the ground, switching to a burst DPS like Sara, do Sara's burst, get her atk buff, then back to Dehya to unleash her burst. Sounds fun as fuck and I would be able to use Sara on a real team. Hope to god that's true instead of Burning of Burgeon focus. I'm legit hyped.

Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Gold Member
Dehya is promissing, but I can't believe I saying that Scaramouche got my attention.
I'll keep an eye on this sob.

Strange we aren't seeing Alhaitham kit.

Pejo

Fuz Fuz
Somehow it's only getting worse.
Dei0x0c.jpg

Also codes, I think you gave me 2 of these but i can't remember which:

9AL4VC2X - 8888 gold and 1 SR shard box

9AN5X46Q - 150 DC

GIFTVERA - black nucleus

TOFINESGS2022 - 1 gold nucleus

9AK7K8TD - 1 purple nucleus and 1 SR shard box

Last edited:

Pejo

Also, expect a ton of leaks over the next week or so:
0iu9azveymv91.jpg

This is the same type of situation that gave us the original leaks up through stuff we're still getting today, at version 1.5, so expect LOTS of info. Particularly about whatever exists for Fontaine (which I'm actually really interested in).

Another web event for primos. This one gives you a one-time use personalized code. Not sure if it can be abused or not for multiples. deanote666 deanote666 let us know with your 2 accounts. .

https://act.hoyolab.com/ys/event/e2...rce=share&utm_medium=hoyolab&utm_campaign=app

Last edited:

Pejo

Looks like Scaramouche ascencion is Anemo bonus.
Speaking of, apparently this is his kit, datamined from the recent link. This has been written by one of the people with the leaked files, and then translated to english, so expect minor differences.

zlsql0z0ypv91.jpg

I still want to see the float mechanic, but sounds like it could be fun. A mix of Heizou and Kaz and Xaio's dashes maybe?

Saber

Speaking of, apparently this is his kit, datamined from the recent link. This has been written by one of the people with the leaked files, and then translated to english, so expect minor differences.

zlsql0z0ypv91.jpg

I still want to see the float mechanic, but sounds like it could be fun. A mix of Heizou and Kaz and Xaio's dashes maybe?

Maybe. Not entirelly sure about how that would work, specially if it leaves him open to ranged attacks.
I see that the Hydro effect extends the duration instead of "stamina". Seems more believable now.
If his burst has anything to do with creating a fog(at least in context of really creating a fog mechanic), that would be an interesting move.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member

zlsql0z0ypv91.jpg

So far so good. Scaramouche is looking pretty good.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
The Traveler shouldn't be responsible for finishing off Scaradouche.

Call me mad, but Raiden appearing to aid the Traveler and finishing off her puppet would be way better. I'm still waiting to see some Archon's duo action.

But for him to be a summonable character I suspect their gonna make him good at the end...probably

Last edited:

Pejo

The Traveler shouldn't be responsible for finishing off Scaradouche.

Call me mad, but Raiden appearing to aid the Traveler and finishing off her puppet would be way better.
Definitely agree. Kind of a "wrap up the loose ends" thing since he would have fucked Inazuma if Yae hadn't have stopped him by handing him the Gnosis. Make it something painful for her, or make her mad, either way it would have been better. I doubt they're gonna let one archon straight up kill 2 Fatui though. Thematically it fits better.
But for him to be a summonable character I suspect their gonna make him good at the end...probably
Hope not. Even though he's playable, I don't need a redemption arc for him. Him being killed by Ei would have the side effect of meaning that dead characters are fair game too. (Signora copium).

Reactions: BJK
Top Bottom