• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Saber

I hate how giant robots or machines in asian games very often have floating limbs. I get it, animating is HARD and costs, but come on, for fuck's sake. It's so ugly, tired and stupid.

I think its more stupid that the "great" Scaramouche is gonna use a robot to fight you when he is feared among their own ranks.

Nankatsu

Gold Member

scaramouche-boss-art-v0-vn0z2a9dv5v91.jpg

So when are getting our own megazord?

deanote666

WTF Chield?

1 single pull away from a banner guaranteed 5* and have about 7 10 pulls saved up.

Thinking I'll get Nahida and go from there. If I'll actually use her, I might look at constellations and the weapon banner.

Really looking at Yae's banner. C0, really would like to C2. She's permanently in my party.

I run Yae, Zhongli, and Kokomi in every party along with a DPS for what fits the occasion or whoever I feel like.

Last edited:

Pejo

For me it all depends on the "floats" mechanic, no joke. If it's useful for traversal or other stuff like Kazuha, then I could be swayed.

Speaking of Kaz, I finally caught up on all of the event stuff yesterday, finished Ikki with all platinums, did all 5 of the windwhatever in a row. I can't believe they let you use Kaz's skill in there. I straight up skipped most of the mechanics with his double jump. The first 4 stages sucked, but that last one combining them all in a row was actually quite a bit of fun. I kinda wish that's what Abyss was instead of strictly a DPS race.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
The first 4 stages sucked, but that last one combining them all in a row was actually quite a bit of fun. I kinda wish that's what Abyss was instead of strictly a DPS race.

An Abyss inspired in puzzles similar to Botw dungeons. That would be awesome.

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I can't believe they let you use Kaz's skill in there.
I am convinced that it's planned (maybe to entice you to pull for new float skills?). The platforms are EXACTLY at Kazuha's jump height. One centimeter more and he would have been nullified.

Pejo

God dammit, I just realized I've been pre-farming the wrong lotuses for Kusanali. I've been getting the ones that grow on top of the water, but she uses the cliff-side ones.

al;sfdjalskjdfaosiefjaslfh

Fake

Gold Member
God dammit, I just realized I've been pre-farming the wrong lotuses for Kusanali. I've been getting the ones that grow on top of the water, but she uses the cliff-side ones.

al;sfdjalskjdfaosiefjaslfh

Genshin Impact of depression. Remembering all those crap names is exasting.

With lead us to another point. Every move I do is this game I really need my phone next.

SSfox

I made a weird dream.

I was like in some kind of event, they would play a music, then somebody from public will perform the music. So then they played Scaramouch theme (PS:i don't know his theme, didn't see the leaks), so then i pick a Guitar, white and red, and just when i'm about to perform, i wake up.

Power Pro

I'm new to the forum, so I just wanted to chime in here for a brief. I played this game pretty heavily for a while. I became a mini-whale which I was not happy with myself for doing, and when I spent over $200 MTX and didn't even get the banner event character...man I was just so pissed and disheartened. I wish I could stay liking this game, but it felt predatory so bad when the drop rate was that terrible. I can't do back, even though I really like the world they created. I started getting to the point where even without MTX, I wasn't enjoying myself. I started to see this game as a job, because I had to log in every day. Do the dailies every day...can't miss it. It was really eye opening how life sucking games like this can be, and not in a good way. Can't go back, but hey...if there are some of you having fun, I'm happy for you.

Fake

Gold Member
It is predatory, but you do can avoid spend money if you want. I've being playing this game since the beta and no one coin of money wasted.

You just need to find yourself fun in the first place with the free chars. The game is probably a clone of others game, but his strenght is probably the elemental reaction and tranverse in the game using elements.

I was hoping we'd finally get another anemo waifu, but instead they're just doubling down on it being the twink element, I guess.

Nilou tempted me and I pulled 'till I got a 5 star. Ended up getting my first Mona, so not a terrible loss. Seems it was not meant to be, and Nahida is now guaranteed. Can't wait for the banner.

Pejo

Was Kaveh supposed to be anemo bow?

Damn... lost a bit of interess already.
Kaveh was rumored sword. The anemo bow is a girl character, can't remember the name.
I'm new to the forum, so I just wanted to chime in here for a brief. I played this game pretty heavily for a while. I became a mini-whale which I was not happy with myself for doing, and when I spent over $200 MTX and didn't even get the banner event character...man I was just so pissed and disheartened. I wish I could stay liking this game, but it felt predatory so bad when the drop rate was that terrible. I can't do back, even though I really like the world they created. I started getting to the point where even without MTX, I wasn't enjoying myself. I started to see this game as a job, because I had to log in every day. Do the dailies every day...can't miss it. It was really eye opening how life sucking games like this can be, and not in a good way. Can't go back, but hey...if there are some of you having fun, I'm happy for you.
yea you gotta be careful with the predatory tactics, but people make a big deal about this sometimes when the real issue is the lack of self control. The game is perfectly fine as a F2P experience, but they sure are gonna hard market FOMO if they can.

Saber

Thats the exactly strategy this game adopts, thats why its a "free" game. Don't feel bad for criticising the game, we do that a lot here.
Can't really do much about comfort though. I'm a non whale(didn't spend a single dime on this game since launch). But let me tell you what happened to me.

A few weeks ago, I simply "decide" that I would pull that Cyno weapon for Candance. Since I had alot of primos and purple wishes(have being saving for long as I can remember), I was like "yeah, might give a try". Didn't pick the weapon I wanted, the game gave me that 2 Venti bows and its "loser mechanic" got 2 points. Dunno what happened to me, I simply felt bad because I wasted so much on this banner, so my persistance got through roofs.

End of story: got the weapon after I drained every single quest, event, hangout and treasure boxes in the game. It felt empty inside me because I simply fell to their trap(and its not like it was do or die picking the weapons, I got no problems with 4-star weapons), despite not being a whaler.

I'm not gonna say to not feel sad or angry because thats exactly what I felt when I lost all my primos. I may have likings for this game, but never gonna support gatchas or this type of manipulate attitude. Feel free to express yourself as well, we all like GI but we clearly not boot lickers and neither gonna defend them. For them we are nothing but wallets of cash, nothing more.

Last edited:

deanote666

Most phone games require daily logins and daily quests so Genshin isn't special in that regards. You can do the bare minimum dailies in 5 minutes if you don't worry about resin.

On the character banner, it has one of the "better" pity systems I've seen. Pity carries over onto the next banner so there aren't any truly wasted pulls.

Weapon banner number of pulls to pity carries over but the number of 5 stars needed to get the guaranteed resets each banner.

After playing KHuX and FGO, I can say that the Genshin pity system is leaps and bounds better than some of the gatcha out there.

Genshin can be played with any character/weapon. Certainly, there's characters/weapons that can make things a lot easier but none are actually required to do all of the content.

Even if you lose the 50/50 on the character banner, most of the ones you can get are also good in their own right so even if you don't get the one you want, you didn't really "lose".

I still remember the days of spinning in circles for hours in JRPG's leveling up characters, etc. so I'm no stranger to grinding. Crystal farming doesn't take long in the chasm if you know the good route but it does start to get to you after a while. (speaking as someone who made a 2nd account to harvest crystal).

Last edited:

Power Pro

Kaveh was rumored sword. The anemo bow is a girl character, can't remember the name.

yea you gotta be careful with the predatory tactics, but people make a big deal about this sometimes when the real issue is the lack of self control. The game is perfectly fine as a F2P experience, but they sure are gonna hard market FOMO if they can.
You're probably right about the self control thing, but I know myself enough that that's not a strong suit of mine. Definitely have some addictive tendencies that I wish I could control better.

At first when I tried this game, I did a lot of the earning in game, but they make that easy when you're new cuz you get currency pretty easy from missions and quests, and it can come pretty fast. Then you hit that ceiling where you gotta grind the dailies which are tedious in their own right, and you just want to keep earning but can't. So yeah, turned to purchasing currency, and for a little while I was getting what I wanted. The waifu aspect though was also too addicting. Whenever a new one came out, I'm like I want that one too. Plus even if you get a character, you gotta keep pulling if you want that constellation upgrade. I think I spent $100 just to get Hu Tao to C1. Regret regret. I wish I could still enjoy the game, but I like playing other games too much to devote so much time and energy to one.

crumbs

I've finally found the time to get "mostly" caught up with Sumeru content, with particular emphasis on the desert region. I'm impressed with the design of the underground portions and the puzzles have a nice mix of difficulties. However, this continues to highlight the issue with the game's map system (yes, I've already complained about this before). Between the two regions of Sumeru, there's at least 15- 20% that are not shown using the in-game map system. I appreciate the Reddit users who are mapping these caves, but we shouldn't need to do this; proper design shouldn't require consulting Reddit for maps in the middle of a game.

Not having cave maps for "Green" Sumeru was sub-optimal, but at least the caves were mostly linear and not too complex in design. The desert "cave + ruins" underground system is much more complex with branching paths, unlockable shortcuts, and multiple levels. I feel like I need to complete most of the exploration of these areas now while it's fresh in my mind rather than trying to remember down the road. I don't want to write out complex notes for each map marker I place - "Come back to open a door when you have the right permission level on the slate. It's in a room mid-way(?) down the main pyramid in a room full of faux-Egyptian stuff". This isn't all that helpful :messenger_expressionless:

Anyway, MiHoYo's environment and level design have both made a significant improvements in Sumeru, so hopefully the map system eventually gets an upgrade to match them.

Saber

I've finally found the time to get "mostly" caught up with Sumeru content, with particular emphasis on the desert region. I'm impressed with the design of the underground portions and the puzzles have a nice mix of difficulties. However, this continues to highlight the issue with the game's map system (yes, I've already complained about this before). Between the two regions of Sumeru, there's at least 15- 20% that are not shown using the in-game map system. I appreciate the Reddit users who are mapping these caves, but we shouldn't need to do this; proper design shouldn't require consulting Reddit for maps in the middle of a game.

Not having cave maps for "Green" Sumeru was sub-optimal, but at least the caves were mostly linear and not too complex in design. The desert "cave + ruins" underground system is much more complex with branching paths, unlockable shortcuts, and multiple levels. I feel like I need to complete most of the exploration of these areas now while it's fresh in my mind rather than trying to remember down the road. I don't want to write out complex notes for each map marker I place - "Come back to open a door when you have the right permission level on the slate. It's in a room mid-way(?) down the main pyramid in a room full of faux-Egyptian stuff". This isn't all that helpful :messenger_expressionless:

Anyway, MiHoYo's environment and level design have both made a significant improvements in Sumeru, so hopefully the map system eventually gets an upgrade to match them.

I for one feel like this is the worst aspect of Sumeru. Having unnecessary complexity in a underground, while you have no way to guide yourself completelly kills the exploration and sense of guiding. I think if the underground was only used to connect to a tomb, that would be amazing. More in particullar because the devs had this kind of weird fetish of making you aways enter in a place far away just to exit at the front door of tombs.
I can't imagine casual or new commers feeling interested on this. Just imagine that the only way to guide yourself is 100% trhough a guide, and thats ignoring most of Dendruculus that shows in your map and theres nothing you can do because they are underground, so the map showing them is meanless since you have to find the entrance of that particular underground, which a few miles away from where you are.
Maybe thats because my experience with Chasm wasn't that great. Having a map showing you a place that you can't really reach because it's in another longway path makes me feel uninterested to explore.

Last edited:

SSfox

Don't honestly saw anybody here picking her and neither find her kit anything interesting(or strong).
So, how she fares?
I use Nobless Oblige + Sacrificial Greatsword on her.

I like the character a lot, she has one the best voice acting in the game (i play in Japanese so dunno about others), cool animation, i like a lot her business style attitude and personality, can't wait to get her C6 so her AA will have some usages.

Meta wise she's not among the strongest like Bennet (people still don't Understand that Bennet and Xianghling was a mistake cause Mihoyo didn't know how the game will work at early stage of dev) , but honestly who cares? Even the bottom tierlist characters can do the open world stuffs without tryhard. Actually i think i can even use her in Abyss lvl 12 and she'll do just fine, but not for now since she's just C0 and still didn't maxed her talents.

Yeah, Dori's Japanese VA is intense. Really entertaining IMO. I'm happy we're getting a free copy.

Looks like the banner leaks were all true. I wonder what the 4 stars are gonna be like.

Fuz

Banned
I like the character a lot, she has one the best voice acting in the game (i play in Japanese so dunno about others), cool animation, i like a lot her business style attitude and personality, can't wait to get her C6 so her AA will have some usages.
I quite like her animations and don't dislike her design too much, but hate her excessive JP voice, and her "business attitude" was great on paper, but a joke in execution. It's the idea of business of a child, or someone who never done any real business in their whole life.

Anyway, a free Dori is a big win for me. I wanted to play a bit with her and it's free wishes.

Pejo

Special program wasn't too bad this time. They saved all of the "Zak you suck at the game ahahahaha" stuff until the end.

Lots of fucking content again for the 3rd patch in a row. It's pretty insane how they keep releasing high quality stuff at greater frequency. Guess those billions they made are actually being utilized for the game after all.

Fungi taming looks fun, and that character gameshow mode looks pretty cool too. I wonder why they're rushing to finish the Archon quest so quickly into version 3.x.

Layla being on 2nd half doesn't matter a bit to me, she looks as boring in the finished product as her leaks. In for hopefully C2 Kusanali. My next is 5* is guaranteed to be her, but I'm due to lose a few 50/50s to keep the balance in the universe, so I'm a bit concerned. C2 gives her the ability to make her reactions crit and DEF down effect to quickened enemies which is still a semi-rare and very powerful debuff. Wonder if it stacks with Lisa's DEF down.

By the way, if any of you were aiming at Kusanali's genie lamp, don't bother. It's apparently only mathematically like 7% bettter than a 3* catalyst, I was reading based on the autists at reddit that already figured it out. Lots of 4* options are also good on her, including the craftable one from Sumeru.

By the way, Pejo Pejo are you aware of this?
Pejo.jpg
Yep, I knew that since I stopped using blue/purple keycards in 1.x. It's been a godsend trying to get this new currency. I already almost emptied the gacha machine with Huma's 4pc matrices.

This fucking queueing that they added to combat server loads has got to be one of the dumbest, most poorly thought out decisions I have ever seen in a live service game. You literally cannot play the game while you're queued, if somebody drops, it drops your whole team out of the queue and you have to start at the back of the line, and it even forces you into it for solo content like star gates. Sometimes the decisions that Hotta makes, retroactively makes MHY look like visionary geniuses.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
3* catalyst
Which one?

By the by, have you explored Vera? I was loving it until I realized that there's an extensive cave system, and it's much worse than Sumeru
2Rce3.gif
K8Tdx.gif

This fucking queueing that they added to combat server loads has got to be one of the dumbest, most poorly thought out decisions I have ever seen in a live service game. You literally cannot play the game while you're queued, if somebody drops, it drops your whole team out of the queue and you have to start at the back of the line, and it even forces you into it for solo content like star gates. Sometimes the decisions that Hotta makes, retroactively makes MHY look like visionary geniuses.
I've read about it, but no idea what's it about tbh. Had no issues so far.

Top Bottom