• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Hope not. Even though he's playable, I don't need a redemption arc for him. Him being killed by Ei would have the side effect of meaning that dead characters are fair game too. (Signora copium).
The only "baddy" to ever been release was Childe, and that's because he is technically not bad at all?

In my mind, despite not wanting that, the only way I see Scaradouche being released as a summonable character is if he has a lame change of heart.

Wish he was the catalyst for us to get more villains as future characters, but I don't see that as the case.

Revive Kazuha friend you bastards.
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

You need to gather the 7 archon gnosis and summon the ultimate creature, in order for it to grant you that wish.

Last edited:

deanote666

Also, expect a ton of leaks over the next week or so:
0iu9azveymv91.jpg

This is the same type of situation that gave us the original leaks up through stuff we're still getting today, at version 1.5, so expect LOTS of info. Particularly about whatever exists for Fontaine (which I'm actually really interested in).

Another web event for primos. This one gives you a one-time use personalized code. Not sure if it can be abused or not for multiples. deanote666 deanote666 let us know with your 2 accounts. .

https://act.hoyolab.com/ys/event/e2...rce=share&utm_medium=hoyolab&utm_campaign=app
I pitty the fool that doesn't do the web event on each account.

deanote666

can you complete it on your alt account and redeem on your main? That's what i was most curious about.
Didn't think of it that way but think that would go into violating ToS territory since people could just create multiple accounts for primos then.

Redeemed the code on their proper accounts.

Pejo

Didn't think of it that way but think that would go into violating ToS territory since people could just create multiple accounts for primos then.

Redeemed the code on their proper accounts.
True, I guess it's not worth tanking your main account for 40 primos.

Saber

Not sure about the Denhya leak. Her skill mentions a gravestone/tomb that she inserts her claymore...but it says it attack opponets? Like how exactly? Like Zhongli skill?
Also, her burst sounds like a pyro version of Keqing burst. At least from the description.

If thats how they wanted me to quit Spyral then so be it. 3 Maguu Kenkis must the the most down syndrome idea ever, I want distance from the retardness.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Cosplaying Xinyan leaking before chad Alhaitham.

Watch Deyha being 3.4 and Alhaitham jumping into 3.5.

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Fuz Fuz
Somehow it's only getting worse.
Dei0x0c.jpg

Also codes, I think you gave me 2 of these but i can't remember which:

9AL4VC2X - 8888 gold and 1 SR shard box

9AN5X46Q - 150 DC

GIFTVERA - black nucleus

TOFINESGS2022 - 1 gold nucleus

9AK7K8TD - 1 purple nucleus and 1 SR shard box
Never seen that. It's instant for me.
Thanks for the codes!

Pejo

Cosplaying Xinyan leaking before chad Alhaitham.

Watch Deyha being 3.4 and Alhaitham jumping into 3.5.

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency
Comforting 30 Rock GIF

Never seen that. It's instant for me.
Thanks for the codes!
Man, 2.0 was supposed to be the major upgrade and fix to all of the problems, but 1.X was far better for me. DLSS Memory leaks, queues, DX11/DX12 fuckery, Glitches on top of glitches, etc. I'm probably just gonna quit until they get some of their shit sorted out. The only one that really pisses me off is the queues thing. Crashes and memory leaks are at least side effects and things that can be fixed. The queue thing was purposefully designed by them and they thought that it was an acceptable way to play the game. Even more puzzling is that it's only the NA servers that are being subjected to it.

Really goes to show you how solid the infrastructure teams are with Genshin. For such a massive game with so many players and virtually no downtime and major connection/gameplay issues, it really is a different realm than Hotta's bullshit which feels like amateur hour.

*edit*

Somebody made Abbey Road in their teapot.

6byifcb5rpv91.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Faruzan is basically Sara, but for Anemo instead of Electro (and better kit design IMO).

Kind of a bummer as someone with no interest in an Anemo DPS character, but good for Xiao and Scara mains I guess.

*edit*

New map expansions for Sumeru:

2v7u9iv1itv91.jpg

Guess we see where the nail hit Sumeru.

Last edited:

Pejo

Fucking FINALLY. I was sitting at 95% in Old Varanara for weeks now. Finally found a random post on hoyolab with like 10 people also stuck at 95%, turns out it was a Dendroculus at the top of one of the tree spires that doesn't show on the map until you start climbing. Fuck Old Varanara, hope I never have to go back there.

bJw9Kvl.jpg

Got the treasure compass today for hitting rank 9 Sumeru fame, found a few chests so far in the forest area. I missed a surprising number of chests inside of hallowed out tree trunks. On to the desert now.

After a day of farming those cliff lotuses, I'm already at 90~ so I should be fine by the time Kusanali releases. Annoying as shit to collect though. I've been using this guide for those that are still farming them: https://www.genshinlab.com/guide/ge...-farming-routes-ascension-materials-for-dori/

deanote666

Welcome to the 100% club!

I just reached rank 8 on Sumeru reputation but I'm caught up on oculi...

Be another 2 weeks till I get the treasure compass...

Last edited:

SSfox

I aslo was just 95% today on Old Varanana, but it was other stuffs for me that were missing, mostly the chests inbetween that big hole.

Have all 100% expect Varanana, probably those chests about finding Arananas, which i didn't find all of them yet, don't want to rushnot in a hurry specially since there is no new region anytime soon.

deanote666

I aslo was just 95% today on Old Varanana, but it was other stuffs for me that were missing, mostly the chests inbetween that big hole.

Have all 100% expect Varanana, probably those chests about finding Arananas, which i didn't find all of them yet, don't want to rushnot in a hurry specially since there is no new region anytime soon.
That cave isn't tied to Varanana but the region to the lower right of it.

Don't forget to switch between real/dream Varanana, fully explore the top of the plants.

Pejo

More in-depth leaks for Dehya. Bros I am genuinely so excited. She sounds so fun and stance change meta is something I can get into as it raises player skill ceiling in a fun way.

gyfq5qpn3uv91.png

x4kyx7qn3uv91.png

v72peopn3uv91.png

So she can be used on or off field, she can provide a def buff for Def scaling characters, she's an excellent Pyro applicator, her buttons change during her burst to let her warp around anime style instead of an AoE and you get a big blast explosion at the end. ATK buff would have been better but holy shit I'm sold on this kit. Sounds very active, lots of options and lots of fun.

LonyDz0.jpg

Now please don't nerf her into the ground before she releases, please MHY.
Season 1 Please GIF by Paramount+

That def buff is a bit worrying though. Leaving out any mono geo characters, that leaves Yun Jin and Xinyan who will benefit from that. I assume that means she scales off defense herself, which feels restrictive in terms of artifacts and weapons. Although defense artifacts are easy to come by, getting good ones for DPS characters is a bit more difficult.

The rest of it sounds great though.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

Fucking FINALLY. I was sitting at 95% in Old Varanara for weeks now. Finally found a random post on hoyolab with like 10 people also stuck at 95%, turns out it was a Dendroculus at the top of one of the tree spires that doesn't show on the map until you start climbing. Fuck Old Varanara, hope I never have to go back there.

bJw9Kvl.jpg

Got the treasure compass today for hitting rank 9 Sumeru fame, found a few chests so far in the forest area. I missed a surprising number of chests inside of hallowed out tree trunks. On to the desert now.

After a day of farming those cliff lotuses, I'm already at 90~ so I should be fine by the time Kusanali releases. Annoying as shit to collect though. I've been using this guide for those that are still farming them: https://www.genshinlab.com/guide/ge...-farming-routes-ascension-materials-for-dori/
Yeah, I was missing that dendroculus as well. Just like Inazuma, the last few I was missing were too high up to appear on the map.

I spent a lot of time this weekend finishing up the desert region. 100% all three areas, but I still have a couple map markers in the main pyramid area that I placed but can't figure out what they were for :messenger_expressionless: (thanks to the multiple layer map design and my laziness for not using the note function).

I also screwed myself a bit with the obelisks: I marked them initially and cleared the map marker when I "restored" a specific obelisk. Unfortunately, I needed to find them again to reveal the sacred seals needed for the other obelisks, which do not stay on the map if you interact with another obelisk or log out of the game.

I also found more of the stone/golden roses in the wild. Not sure if they only start appearing after completing the "A Gifted Rose" quest, but they're really well camouflaged. If you collect 3 of them, you can unlock this follow up quest.

I still need 5% in Vanarana and 1% in the Avidya Forest areas. However, the biggest remaining task the Aranana: I still have 4 chests from the Static Views 2 world quest. Apparently you need to find 5 Aranana to open a chest, so I still a lot to find and I haven't found one in ages.

Pejo

That def buff is a bit worrying though. Leaving out any mono geo characters, that leaves Yun Jin and Xinyan who will benefit from that. I assume that means she scales off defense herself, which feels restrictive in terms of artifacts and weapons. Although defense artifacts are easy to come by, getting good ones for DPS characters is a bit more difficult.

The rest of it sounds great though.
There's some speculation that the translation is ambiguous and it could be "buffs interruption resistance" instead of "buffs DEF", but nobody is sure for now. Regardless, even if she is DEF scaling, while not my favorite way to build characters, it wouldn't be a show stopper for me. Artifacts love rolling DEF for me anyways.

This also opens up the weird but maybe viable idea of running her with Candace for self-vape, and building her for straight EM. No idea if it'd work, but it does sound promising with the way her skills work. I'm most excited that she has lots of options and you get to press a lot of buttons to play her, unlike characters with simple kits and long cooldowns. My biggest fear is that they think that this kit is "too good" for a female character, so they dial it back or give it to some anemic teen boy with a belly shirt and shorts.

I also found more of the stone/golden roses in the wild. Not sure if they only start appearing after completing the "A Gifted Rose" quest, but they're really well camouflaged. If you collect 3 of them, you can unlock this follow up quest.
This is pretty cool. I finished the Gifted Rose quest a while ago but never noticed the flowers spreading, I'll have to check that out now that I'm out of Old Varanara hell.
I still need 5% in Vanarana and 1% in the Avidya Forest areas. However, the biggest remaining task the Aranana: I still have 4 chests from the Static Views 2 world quest. Apparently you need to find 5 Aranana to open a chest, so I still a lot to find and I haven't found one in ages.
Yea I'm down to 3 of those chests too. I was hoping to run into the aranara organically, but it's pretty clear I'm going to have to use a guide if I want those chests.

DEF is like the worst attribute in the game.
Yea, we'd be better off if DEF scaling characters just scaled of HP instead. DEF is awful.

Pejo

I'm talking about Varanara north where there are a bunch of locked chest.
You can definitely 100% the area without opening those chests. Finding the aranara is what allows you to open them though, so if you want to snag them all, you better get vegetable hunting. Also I'll echo what deanote666 deanote666 said, you probably need to go to that hut and play the song to turn Varanara back into "real world" instead of "dream world". There were a ton of chests in there that only appear in the real world, mostly at the top of the plants over the city.

SSfox

You can definitely 100% the area without opening those chests. Finding the aranara is what allows you to open them though, so if you want to snag them all, you better get vegetable hunting. Also I'll echo what deanote666 deanote666 said, you probably need to go to that hut and play the song to turn Varanara back into "real world" instead of "dream world". There were a ton of chests in there that only appear in the real world, mostly at the top of the plants over the city.
I did that switch yeah. But i i didn't know that those locked chests aren't tied to the %.

crumbs

Yea I'm down to 3 of those chests too. I was hoping to run into the aranara organically, but it's pretty clear I'm going to have to use a guide if I want those chests.
Looking at the official interactive map, it lists 2 types of Aranara: 12 Aranara (these look like the puzzle/game Aranara) and 64 Aranara (these are the ones you save/send back to Vanarana).

Do we need to find all of both types or just the 64 that need to go back to Vanarana? I'm finding conflicting answers when searching online.

Pejo

Looking at the official interactive map, it lists 2 types of Aranara: 12 Aranara (these look like the puzzle/game Aranara) and 64 Aranara (these are the ones you save/send back to Vanarana).

Do we need to find all of both types or just the 64 that need to go back to Vanarana? I'm finding conflicting answers when searching online.
I'm pretty sure it's all of them to get the Luxurious chest.

There's some speculation that the translation is ambiguous and it could be "buffs interruption resistance" instead of "buffs DEF", but nobody is sure for now. Regardless, even if she is DEF scaling, while not my favorite way to build characters, it wouldn't be a show stopper for me. Artifacts love rolling DEF for me anyways.

This also opens up the weird but maybe viable idea of running her with Candace for self-vape, and building her for straight EM. No idea if it'd work, but it does sound promising with the way her skills work. I'm most excited that she has lots of options and you get to press a lot of buttons to play her, unlike characters with simple kits and long cooldowns. My biggest fear is that they think that this kit is "too good" for a female character, so they dial it back or give it to some anemic teen boy with a belly shirt and shorts.
Let's hope it's the former then. Thinking about it, def would be a lot more valuable if it both decreased your taken damage, as well as your resistance to interruption.

Saber

I did that, but in my case I just opened a mesly common chest. I think I made like, 9 events like that just to open one treasure box.

deanote666

All of them I believe but I think I found the 12 before the 64 so my answer is based on that fact.

crumbs

All of them I believe but I think I found the 12 before the 64 so my answer is based on that fact.
It would make sense that it would include all of them, checking for 12 more Aranara isn't the end of the world. I'm more surprised and disappointed that I missed that many Aranara, maybe they should add a craftable Aranara compass :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Did you activate all of the mushrooms in the trees to unlock a luxurious chest? Change the weather to rain and interact with all of the bubbles?
I did 100% the region with the weather mechanism. I'm guessing the Avidya Forest missing 1% is probably hidden chests in Sumeru city area, I haven't spent much time exploring the city compared to the other areas.

Fuz

Banned
More in-depth leaks for Dehya. Bros I am genuinely so excited. She sounds so fun and stance change meta is something I can get into as it raises player skill ceiling in a fun way.

gyfq5qpn3uv91.png

x4kyx7qn3uv91.png

v72peopn3uv91.png

So she can be used on or off field, she can provide a def buff for Def scaling characters, she's an excellent Pyro applicator, her buttons change during her burst to let her warp around anime style instead of an AoE and you get a big blast explosion at the end. ATK buff would have been better but holy shit I'm sold on this kit. Sounds very active, lots of options and lots of fun.

LonyDz0.jpg

Now please don't nerf her into the ground before she releases, please MHY.
Season 1 Please GIF by Paramount+
She actually sounds fun. Shame for the stupid hair cat ears.

deanote666

I did 100% the region with the weather mechanism. I'm guessing the Avidya Forest missing 1% is probably hidden chests in Sumeru city area, I haven't spent much time exploring the city compared to the other areas.
My bad. Got me regions mixed up.

Think there's at least 8% completion in chests in the city. There's some chests in the tree around the archon shrine at the top of the tree. One more ore less below the platform the shrine is one. Couple inside the academia. Some in the underground area with the vendors.

Pejo

Honestly for those chests, I'd just wait until you get the treasure compass. I found at least 3 chests in the city that I never would have seen without the compass, and it only took a few minutes. I guess you can also use a guide but to me that really breaks up the flow of the game. There are a few chests in water deep enough to swim in which is kinda confusing.

Pejo

Those banners are madness. Chield, Nahida, Scaramouche, Deyha...
Speaking of banners, you'd expect Nahida's banner to get some 4*s that would compliment her kit.

em1d0oo892w91.png

*edit*

ea9uqekxs0w91.jpg

1p2w2fkxs0w91.jpg

Alhaitham fans:
Spider-Man Reaction GIF
200.gif

Last edited:
Speaking of banners, you'd expect Nahida's banner to get some 4*s that would compliment her kit.

em1d0oo892w91.png
Well... Look at the bright side! That's a ~10% refund for any wish you do on that banner!

Most of the 4 stars I want were featured on a banner recently, so I wasn't expecting much anyway.

Pejo

Man I found a whole underground branch of stuff I missed and didn't mark to come back to once I got more Clearance™. Spent a good hour down there and got 12% progress towards the desert. What's the max statue level for now? I'm at level 7 and 5 Dendroculi currently.

I really love the desert area, I'm extremely disappointed Sumeru's teapot doesn't have a desert island. Well, we technically haven't seen a max level Sumeru teapot, maybe there's hope.

I've been playing Mona as a DPS carry for a while now, it's pretty satisfying. I really need better artifacts for her, but she does a really respectable job in that role with constellations.
N2j16lx.png

Such a shame that she was a launch character and we'll never get another top tier costume design, or literally any more leotards ever again thanks to CCP/Sony.

Top Bottom