• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I can see her be in 3.3 . Speculations are saying Scara, Raiden Eula and Ayaka for this patch.
Guess I'll miss her again.

I'm saving for Alhaitham until the men arrives.

Serious Music Video GIF by Major Key

SSfox

Guess I'll miss her again.

I'm saving for Alhaitham until the men arrives.

Serious Music Video GIF by Major Key
My plan is pulling Nahida. Then saving for Yelan and Shenhe. Guess gonna have to skip Al Haitham if he's gonna be in same patch as Yelan and Shenhe

Also i feel like i'm gonna really like Scaramouch from what i saw in the leaks, it's GONNA BE SUPER hard to resist. I already like his "Boy Yoshimitsu" like design, and gameplay wise seems like Kazuha fun tier, and the icing is he's gonna be with another new 4* that also seems fun and will buff him even more.

It's gonna be really hard to resist to that Scara banner i sware!!
x9u1sXH.png

Nankatsu

Gold Member
My plan is pulling Nahida. Then saving for Yelan and Shenhe. Guess gonna have to skip Al Haitham if he's gonna be in same patch as Yelan and Shenhe

Also i feel like i'm gonna really like Scaramouch from what i saw in the leaks, it's GONNA BE SUPER hard to resist. I already like his "Boy Yoshimitsu" like design, and gameplay wise seems like Kazuha fun tier, and the icing is he's gonna be with another new 4* that also seems fun and will buff him even more.

It's gonna be really hard to resist to that Scara banner i sware!!
x9u1sXH.png

I planned on going for Nahida too, until all these leaks completely changed my plans.

But in the end, Archons tend to come back much faster, so, there's also that.

In other news:

Last edited:

Pejo

I planned on going for Nahida too, until all these leaks completely changed my plans.

In other news:

I hate that as soon as something good gets popular, companies like MS and Sony head out to immediately capture it and make it worse.

Even worse when they're like "ok this game is great, let's fill it with ugly hateable characters, politicize it, and then vilify the existing fanbase when they don't like it". Not that it's currently happening with Genshin, but it's just a pattern I've seen when these western megacorps get involved in stuff. Look at all the "videogame to movie and tv" shit. None of it is good, none of it is for the fans.

Western studios absolutely could not make a successful Genshin clone, it's just not in their DNA at this point.

Saber

The offical model of Kaveh sounds waaay better than the crappy fanart.

I hate that as soon as something good gets popular, companies like MS and Sony head out to immediately capture it and make it worse.

I know this might look like a double-edge sword, theres a part of me that thinks that if this ever ends up being true and Genshin finally have a rival, things will not only moves faster but they will stop being "safe" with their contents. I aways think that GI is the way they are because there isn't much of competition in terms of free to play anime style games.
But at the same time, it's Microsoft we're talking about. The chinese game could be worse in terms of design.

Pejo

The offical model of Kaveh sounds waaay better than the crappy fanart.

I know this might look like a double-edge sword, theres a part of me that thinks that if this ever ends up being true and Genshin finally have a rival, things will not only moves faster but they will stop being "safe" with their contents. I aways think that GI is the way they are because there isn't much of competition in terms of free to play anime style games.
But at the same time, it's Microsoft we're talking about. The chinese game could be worse in terms of design.
I don't understand why we haven't seen a JP or KR competitor to Genshin yet. In my mind, they're the last bastions of good videogames. CN has been surprisingly good but will forever be under the boot of the CCP, for all that entails. Tower of Fantasy has proven that you don't need a quality developed title to get the attention of people, so with the right character designs and some good marketing, I think a KR/JP Genshin clone could absolute blow up.

I wish I saw what you guys liked about Kaveh. He looks just like a smug male figure skater to me.

Ross+Miner+ISU+Grand+Prix+Figure+Skating+NHK+yX6uGKDMxJZl.jpg

Nankatsu

Gold Member
*edit*

ea9uqekxs0w91.jpg

1p2w2fkxs0w91.jpg

Alhaitham fans:
Spider-Man Reaction GIF
200.gif

Completely missed this.

Don't know about his burst, in theory it does not seem easy to use, since you have to stack multiple times to get the higher level.

However, the same leak said his AA may help in raising his burst level, so, there's also that.

I don't mind the homing to be honest, if his AoE is large enough.

When it comes to homing, Yelan best waifu.

Pejo

Completely missed this.

Don't know about his burst, in theory it does not seem easy to use, since you have to stack multiple times to get the higher level.

However, the same leak said his AA may help in raising his burst level, so, there's also that.

I don't mind the homing to be honest, if his AoE is large enough.

When it comes to homing, Yelan best waifu.
I was really hoping he would be a Dendro Hypercarry with a good kit for Spread damage, but this doesn't sound like it's gonna be "it". He at least supposedly has Dendro infusion, so maybe he'll be like a slightly worse Dendro Keqing. Hope they don't constellation lock the infusion though.

Also the "no homing" thing could only be good if it follows him around. If it's just a non-homing turret, then it's automatically shit due to the fact that enemies, well, move. There's zero reason to bring an Anemo character to a Dendro carry party, so you won't get any succ unless they introduce non-anemo characters with gather.

crumbs

There's zero reason to bring an Anemo character to a Dendro carry party, so you won't get any succ unless they introduce non-anemo characters with gather.
I've been running Kaz with Tighnari with good results. Anemo can still swirl other elements for dendro reactions and Kaz's skill can "succ" bloom cores.

Pejo

I've been running Kaz with Tighnari with good results. Anemo can still swirl other elements for dendro reactions and Kaz's skill can "succ" bloom cores.
That's fair, but it would have been a big difference if you could swirl Dendro. As it is, most Dendro reactions do Dendro damage, so you won't get as much from Anemo even if it's swirling the other elements. Bloom/Hyperbloom/Burgeon/Spread all do Dendro type damage, which gets zero benefit from Anemo VV. That said, Kaz does gather and does increase party EM, which would help some. I think a Dendro specific shred (or Zhongli for omni-shred) would be a better pick if you're focusing on a Dendro hypercarry, but there's certainly nothing wrong with running Anemo. It's just not as good as it is with most other elements.

Saber

I wish I saw what you guys liked about Kaveh. He looks just like a smug male figure skater to me.

Ross+Miner+ISU+Grand+Prix+Figure+Skating+NHK+yX6uGKDMxJZl.jpg

It's not that I like him, but the fanart they made out of him is terrible. This one looks a lot better.
Not a single drop of interest in him though. Dendro is out of interest in my scope, let alone being a claymore user.

Fake

Gold Member

As I said before, anemo is by far the most fun/powerful tool in the game. And is a huge let down dendro not interacting with either anemo or even cryo.

SSfox

In other news:

There's already thread about that: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/microsoft-‘wants-its-own-genshin-impact-like-game’-for-xbox.1643941/

It's funny to see some talk about this game like they know something, while they don't know shit (i mean how could they since they didn't play it)

EDIT: BTW does anyone know if this music is availble in teopot? Dunno if i don't get it yet, or it's just not availble for teapot.

Last edited:

Pejo

So apparently in Fontaine we get a new vehicle, I'm guessing similar to the boat, that can __ fly ___

Also, here are all the coordinates for map points up to 4.0. The "structures" are likely interactive stuff like electro gates, switches, etc.
iAZgsis.jpg

Fuz

Banned
I'm guessing that they just show it moves along 3 planes, and leakers are saying that, but in actuality it probably dives underwater considering Fontaine is the water nation.
This is actually the most likely outcome. Pretty sure you got it right.

Saber

I'm guessing that they just show it moves along 3 planes, and leakers are saying that, but in actuality it probably dives underwater considering Fontaine is the water nation.

I rather prefer to believe it hops, which would make easier to explore and navigate through certain terrains.
Imagine you jumping through some spaces, like the Lyiue islands, instead of making a big detour.

Fake

Gold Member
So... Dansleif die in 3.5... Signora, Kazuha friend and now Dansleif. The problem is or he either die or will be killed.

Last edited:

Pejo

Damn, this got dark. Best Character Teaser video yet.

*edit*

Good shit, I'm sure I'm still missing things, but that's all of Sumeru with no guide.

OTd1xKg.jpg

Definitely looking up a guide for the withering zones and Aranara I'm missing though, not gonna play around with those things.

Last edited:

LordCBH

Been hoarding my gems like a dragon for nahida. Only wished twice in current banner to try and get my last Barbara and xingling and somehow walked away with nilou and both of those. For preparing for nahida, should I be looking for any specific artifacts? I assume the deepwood ones so I’ve been going for those.

Also on the plus side I finally cleared my last ascension quest as well!

Dregnel

Damn, this got dark. Best Character Teaser video yet.

*edit*

Good shit, I'm sure I'm still missing things, but that's all of Sumeru with no guide.

OTd1xKg.jpg

Definitely looking up a guide for the withering zones and Aranara I'm missing though, not gonna play around with those things.

v0cKp3k.jpg

the story is kinda different with automatic subtittles.

For preparing for nahida, should I be looking for any specific artifacts? I assume the deepwood ones so I’ve been going for those.
At least 1 character on your team should be using Deepwood. So yeah, that would likely be Nahida in most cases.

She wants EM stats more than anything. Those are pretty important.

Loved her teaser btw.

Pejo

Are the deepwoods ones in general that good?
They're good if you're doing a lot of Dendro damage reactions. So like Spread/Bloom/Burgeon all do Dendro damage, despite other elements triggering them, so it's good for that. Not so much for Burning or Aggravate. So it depends on what your team looks like. But yes, besides Zhongli Omni-shred, it's the only consistent source of Dendro res reduction in the game. Plus the 2pc goes well with Kusanali.

So somebody on reddit translated the Sumeru text at the bottom of the trailer, just a bit of flavor for it. It's cool that MHY spends the time and energy to do this kind of thing considering most players won't ever know about it.

r/Genshin_Lore - The Sumeru writing at the bottom of the last half of Nahida's trailer
THE FLOWER CARRIAGE ROCKED NAHIDA OPENED HER EYES

r/Genshin_Lore - The Sumeru writing at the bottom of the last half of Nahida's trailer
SAID SHE JUST DREAMED A DREAM

DREAMED OF THE DAY THAT SHE WAS BORN

DREAMED OF THE DAY THAT SAGES FOUND HER

ALAS BUT WHERE HAD LORD RUKKHADEVATA GONE TO WE ALL EAGER TO MEET HER ONCE AGAIN

edit: Originally wrote 'has' instead of 'had', thank you to low_fat_tomatoes for the correction!

REALIZING THE LORD HAD PERISHED AROUND HER THEY GATHERED TO TEARS THEY WERE DASHED

IN THE END NAHIDA WAS LOCKED IN BY THE DEVOUT IN THE END TO NO ONE COULD NAHIDA REACH OUT

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
If you want FULL EM, I recommend 2-set wanderer and 2-set Glided Dream... or 4-set Glided Dream.

Sacrificial Fragments is the best 4*, unless you want her main 5* catalyst.

Deepwoods can work, but her main porpuse is EM. Deepwoods are more for dendro dps.

Last edited:

LordCBH

If you want FULL EM, I recommend 2-set wanderer and 2-set Glided Dream... or 4-set Glided Dream.

Sacrificial Fragments is the best 4*, unless you want her main 5* catalyst.

I sadly don’t have a lot of choice when it comes to weapons. I’ll have to check when I get home but I’m pretty sure I only have 4 or 5 different 4 star ones. Only 5 star I have is skyward spine which is on my Raiden right now.

I also just realized I never changed off my travelers artifacts for different ones when I switched her from anemo to dendro. I suppose I should fix that lol

Fake

Gold Member
I sadly don’t have a lot of choice when it comes to weapons. I’ll have to check when I get home but I’m pretty sure I only have 4 or 5 different 4 star ones. Only 5 star I have is skyward spine which is on my Raiden right now.

I also just realized I never changed off my travelers artifacts for different ones when I switched her from anemo to dendro. I suppose I should fix that lol

Sacrifical is a 4* from gancha, so you either picked when you pull your 5* weapon. Others alternatives are the Mappa (required farming catalyst prototype) or as Pejo Pejo mention, Magic Guide.

Now, about the Traveler changing his artifacts right now is no good go because you are about the pick a 5* char and those are really hard picks because their requirements against a 4* are huge.

Pejo

Sacrifical is a 4* from gancha, so you either picked when you pull your 5* weapon. Others alternatives are the Mappa (required farming catalyst prototype) or as Pejo Pejo mention, Magic Guide.

Now, about the Traveler changing his artifacts right now is no good go because you are about the pick a 5* char and those are really hard picks because their requirements against a 4* are huge.
Don't forget, you can make her a Dendro Healer by giving her a Prototype Amber. It's not great for her damage, but if you want to make her the healer in your Nilou Bountiful Cores team, it's very viable.

*edit*

The madlads actually made this for purchase:
ub9g5tz43aw91.jpg

64cxgtz43aw91.jpg

You can only put this outside of your house and only after 2 months of waiting for you to be able to change anything.

Last edited:
Pejo Pejo
Had my legacies saved up and I got her weapon from the free pull
G2Gu1eB.jpg

I could roll for her stigs, but I think I'm just gonna peace out and save for cabbage lol.

LordCBH

Don't forget, you can make her a Dendro Healer by giving her a Prototype Amber. It's not great for her damage, but if you want to make her the healer in your Nilou Bountiful Cores team, it's very viable.

*edit*

ub9g5tz43aw91.jpg

64cxgtz43aw91.jpg

You can only put this outside of your house and only after 2 months of waiting for you to be able to change anything.

Gawd I want one.

And I feel like I’ll have to come up with a new team for nahida. My currents have been
Dendro traveller, Diona/Barbara, Klee, and Raiden

Pejo

Pejo Pejo
Had my legacies saved up and I got her weapon from the free pull
G2Gu1eB.jpg

I could roll for her stigs, but I think I'm just gonna peace out and save for cabbage lol.
I don't even particularly like/want her, but I want that Aponia spending event costume so I used some resources. I had the 480/480 legacies/willpowers saved up to buy her outright when the patch dropped, Started with 18k crystals and about 25 cards, got me all this (not a single dupe stig, got all 3 though):
4M6sZwF.jpg

Rx1Ucu8.jpg

Looks like I either have to pull for shards or Star of Eden, which I wasn't planning on doing, to get Aponia's costume.

Side note - how do you get that nice clean character sharing screen like yours above? I figured there must be a nice clean layout for it but I can't figure out how to get it.

I don't even particularly like/want her, but I want that Aponia spending event costume so I used some resources. I had the 480/480 legacies/willpowers saved up to buy her outright when the patch dropped, Started with 18k crystals and about 25 cards, got me all this (not a single dupe stig, got all 3 though):
4M6sZwF.jpg

Rx1Ucu8.jpg

Looks like I either have to pull for shards or Star of Eden, which I wasn't planning on doing, to get Aponia's costume.

Side note - how do you get that nice clean character sharing screen like yours above? I figured there must be a nice clean layout for it but I can't figure out how to get it.
Nice, at least you have some fodder to dismantle/trade or to pri some other fist.
You can get the character shot by clicking on the little camera icon next to the favourite icon, below the skills menu.

Fuz

Banned

*edit*

ub9g5tz43aw91.jpg

64cxgtz43aw91.jpg

Probably super expensive.

Fuz

Banned
If I had to wager a guess, I'd say about 80 bucks USD? I dunno if that's right, but it doesn't feel like it'd be more than that. Guess we'll see.
Maybe more, imagine how many simps just WANT it.

I saw those type of dolls in Japan, they're actually quite cheap.

Pejo

Nice, at least you have some fodder to dismantle/trade or to pri some other fist.
You can get the character shot by clicking on the little camera icon next to the favourite icon, below the skills menu.
So I played her for a bit in trials and her tutorial stuff at lunch, she's actually really fun to play. I don't regret rolling for her gear at all now. Lots of active skills and attack variations, fun kit, great support. Sorry HB, you're out. It's crazy how much attention Ice got this past year, starting with SW. It's probably tied with Lightning for best element with best type coverage at this point.

So I played her for a bit in trials and her tutorial stuff at lunch, she's actually really fun to play. I don't regret rolling for her gear at all now. Lots of active skills and attack variations, fun kit, great support. Sorry HB, you're out. It's crazy how much attention Ice got this past year, starting with SW. It's probably tied with Lightning for best element with best type coverage at this point.
Yeah she a lot of fun, I was hoping she'd do more damage though, seems like she's mostly support, her damage next to Ego's might as well be non-existent lol

Top Bottom