• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I find these "gacha" games to be despicable in practice.

Honest question to those that play them, with so many great games out there...why settle on FTP games with questionable monetary mechanics?

Edit: Some background. I'm near my 40's and have been playing videogames for roughly 35 years.
I’m slightly older, have played games since I was 3 or so and I own nearly every console under the sun and have several high end gaming PCs.

While I cannot speak for all F2P gacha games, Genshin Impact is a phenomenal action adventure game.
The development team deserves a tremendous amount of kudos for what they have achieved in my opinion.

The game runs on a huge variety of devices, while its f2p they give every player a tremendous of premium currency each day/week/month, and the world is just fun to explore.

if you have played games for 35 years that means you have seen tremendous shifts in game design, genres come and go, and a huge variety of games. Give it a try if you like arpg’s or adventures games. No way you have spent the last 35 years playing Atari games...I know I have not.

Spoiler

You don’t need 5* characters with max constellations and rank 5 5* weapons to do ALL of the content. Don’t take the complaints at face value...most are parroting stuff from Twitter/YouTube/etc.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I find these "gacha" games to be despicable in practice.

Honest question to those that play them, with so many great games out there...why settle on FTP games with questionable monetary mechanics?
I'm an adult. I'm nobodies parent (think of the children bs is laughable) and as long as it is fun I'll play it. F2P or not.

BlackM1st

Banned
GrVtQm7.jpg

Good news everyone, your primogems are as safe as ever. Here's your incredible 4☆ banners xD

Saber

GrVtQm7.jpg

Good news everyone, your primogems are as safe as ever. Here's your incredible 4☆ banners xD

I already got what I wanted really. No need to spend more pyrogems, though if I ever got interest in giving a boost to Sucrose and Kaeya I may give it a try.

crumbs

GrVtQm7.jpg

The 2 people looking for max constellation Amber, your time has come! Kidding aside, I wouldn't mind Sucrose, since I'm light on Anemo characters, but I wouldn't risk pulling any of the other 3 heroes on that banner.

At least the 2nd banner has Ganyu plus useful 4 stars like Bennett & Barbara (although if you've been playing for awhile, you probably already have Babs + a few constellations).

Last edited:

Saber

Got say, those food delivery events are way too retarded. Whoever came up with this idea really never tested or tried his own shit before implementing. Too much headache for miserable rewards aside 60 pyrogem. Not really worth the trouple.

Last edited:
GrVtQm7.jpg

Hahah, they fucking did it. No new 4*s. Albedo banner is going to absolutely TANK.
I already got what I wanted really. No need to spend more pyrogems, though if I ever got interest in giving a boost to Sucrose and Kaeya I may give it a try.
The 2 people looking for max constellation Amber, your time has come! Kidding aside, I wouldn't mind Sucrose, since I'm light on Anemo characters, but I wouldn't risk pulling any of the other 3 heroes on that banner.

At least the 2nd banner has Ganyu plus useful 4 stars like Bennett & Barbara (although if you've been playing for awhile, you probably already have Babs + a few constellations).
Yeah these banners are an easy skip.

There's a very good chance those banners are fake:

Got say, those food delivery events are way too retarded. Whoever came up with this idea really never tested or tried his own shit before implementing. Too much headache for miserable rewards aside 60 pyrogem. Not really worth the trouple.

Yep. I did the first day, and I'm not doing any of the others. I'm not jumping though hoops just because they dangle primogems in front of me. This is by far the worse event they've ever had. 1.2 better get here soon, and it better have some good four stars on the banner, and the five stars better not be underwhelming garbage who only become decent at c6. I'm losing my patience with this game.

Pejo

Haha yea who would want C6 Amber....right guys? She sucks!

I want C6 Amber, I'm determined to make her useful. Despite her being terrible most of the time, I found a niche for her, but her biggest problem surprisingly after gearing her is getting particles for her Burst. Unless you use the crit particles weapon she only gets particles if her stupid fucking bunny actually hits something, which is rare. Please make it unmovable by enemies and make them not back away from it when they agro it, c'mon MiHoYo.

crumbs

Yeah, they're not fun and kinda buggy. I had one in Dunyu ruins in Liyue and it would not show me the destination until I restarted the game.

The one from the Wangshu Inn was annoying because the recipient was on the boat in a couple inches of water, so you had to climb on the boxes near by to jump over the tiny amount of water.

Saber

On PS5 it's easier thanks to ssd imo.

On ps4 teleportation takes a whole 20-30 seconds more D:

This has nothing to do with loading times.
The event is way too stupid for its own. Requirements larges from not running, not climbing, not fighting, not taking any damage(includes falling), not gliding(the biggest thing in the game? Who cares, I just want my roasted honey dick) and even not being affected by an element. Pray to god it does not rain or the dumbass Npc is on a boat, because its game over.

Not to mention that for a deliver event, you are obligated to use waypoints. But don't worry, the time will be reduced to compasate your cheating. Oh yeah, and for some reason the Npc is at the peak of the highest mountain. How they even ask? Moblie App?

Last edited:

crumbs

Haha yea who would want C6 Amber....right guys? She sucks!

I want C6 Amber, I'm determined to make her useful. Despite her being terrible most of the time, I found a niche for her, but her biggest problem surprisingly after gearing her is getting particles for her Burst. Unless you use the crit particles weapon she only gets particles if her stupid fucking bunny actually hits something, which is rare. Please make it unmovable by enemies and make them not back away from it when they agro it, c'mon MiHoYo.

Too bad the leaks look to be fake, your Amber dream will need to wait another day.

I understand the desire to make certain characters work. I pulled Bennett early on when "everyone" was talking about how terrible he was. He was my only pyro hero for awhile and I eventually pulled him again and his 1st constellation makes him even better as a support character. Now he's ranked much higher on a lot of these "helpful" tier lists.

Saber

Took me 5 tries. Until I just destroyed stupid boxes and jumped on a boat xD

You can use Kaeya or an ice element to make a ice path and avoid being affected by hydro too. I think it was better than climbing boxes.

Loading times matter man. I tried it today in both PS4 Fat and PS5. Same location, but like 30 seconds difference on timer.

Dude...again the event itself its bad, that was the point. Also, by making it faster to deliver just because of PS5 it's already a stupid thing to begin with. It's like saying "hey if you want to win easier, just buy a PS5. Don't worry, it's worth 60 pyrogems".

BlackM1st

Banned
use Kaeya or
Good advice, but I kinda too lazy for it. There's a reason why I'm still barely over 50% in exploration. I just can't bring myself to switch my once established party.
hey if you want to win easier, just buy a PS5. Don't worry, it's worth 60 pyrogems
I'm not defending the concept of the challenge. Just pointing why some players can find it hard to complete.

I also wonder if they even tested it on PS4 . Most of PC players use ssd, and mobile phones are pretty fast too.

Fuz

Banned
Bennett seems to be pretty good anyway.

Please make it unmovable by enemies and make them not back away from it when they agro it, c'mon MiHoYo.
Seriously.
Took me 5 tries. Until I just destroyed stupid boxes and jumped on a boat xD
There's a rock just in front of it. Got wet the first try (didn't read the requirements lol) and easily got it right the second.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
They're put your feedback into trash. Serious, the delivery event have potential. Disable waypoints, forget that cheap requirements, just make your traveler do whatever he want to reach the goal.

Last edited:

Saber

delivery event is stupid, but you can just use portable waypoints if you have the materials

My brother did this to win. Like I say its retarded, pretty sure the guy who came with the idea didn't actually tested himself. Which is a shame, it indeed has potential.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I feel like they expect you to use it considering some of these places are stupid to reach in time.

There was one that's across the sea on one of the islands in the Stone Forest and if you swim across you only have like 10 seconds to talk to the guy but if the slimes see you and initiate combat you can't talk to the guy so it feels like the more challenging ones expect you to build a custom warp point just to complete it.

I was kinda hoping it would just be take this food to place within the time limit from where you are without any fast travel.

But they only give you like 2 minutes and the time counts down during menus too and there is no possible way to make it there without fast traveling.

Just UGH.

Pejo

I have a
I feel like they expect you to use it considering some of these places are stupid to reach in time.

There was one that's across the sea on one of the islands in the Stone Forest and if you swim across you only have like 10 seconds to talk to the guy but if the slimes see you and initiate combat you can't talk to the guy so it feels like the more challenging ones expect you to build a custom warp point just to complete it.

I was kinda hoping it would just be take this food to place within the time limit from where you are without any fast travel.

But they only give you like 2 minutes and the time counts down during menus too and there is no possible way to make it there without fast traveling.

Just UGH.
I had a temp waypoint at the top of stone gate because I've been trying to do the "Unusual Hilichurl" achievements the past few weeks, so I just warped to that one and glided over to the other mountain. The 2nd delivery quest today was a big shitter because they popped enemies up literally right in front of your face on a few of the paths.

I'm with you guys, I'll be glad when this event is done, it might have been fun with some tweaks but considering the shit rewards for the frustration, it's just barely worth it.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You wait, I will eventually have a video to prove that Amber is useful and deserves a spot on the team after lighting all the torches.

The only reason Amber gets a spot on teams is because she is a glorified lighter and offers 20% gliding stamina reduction.

Other then that she is poop.

deanote666

Here. Deliver this dish. Oh, and the person is at the bottom of a mountain when the nearest waypoint is at the top. Oh and you can't move when you deliver it.

Dumb event...

Mithos

Gold Member
AR45, only way to keep getting rewards its to do the quest and upgrade world to level 6, and i can barely handle level 5.

sublimit

Banned
Does anyone else have trouble to scroll down the pages of books? I finally decided to give a chance to the game's lore but it seems the game doesn't want me to. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
I'm playing on PS4 btw.

crumbs

So how many of you guys have received the "Tales of Winter" Commission? Apparently that's the prerequisite for the "Equivalent Exchange" quest, which happens to be the last quest on my Mondstadt reputation list.

Checking on Reddit and other GI wikis, apparently that commission doesn't pop up very often. I'm at AR44 and I've done the daily commission almost every day since they've been available and this still hasn't shown up for me.

Pejo

So how many of you guys have received the "Tales of Winter" Commission? Apparently that's the prerequisite for the "Equivalent Exchange" quest, which happens to be the last quest on my Mondstadt reputation list.

Checking on Reddit and other GI wikis, apparently that commission doesn't pop up very often. I'm at AR44 and I've done the daily commission almost every day since they've been available and this still hasn't shown up for me.
Yep join the club, launch player here and still no dice.

deanote666

I got it the first time earlier this week while AR46.

Currently AR47.

Top Bottom