• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

LOL I'm not even doing the delivery quests, I don't hate myself enough to do this every day even if I can cheat with the portable waypoints.

Also the Christmas event has started in FGO, and Cyberpunk has been released. This is going to be on the back burner until 1.2.

Last edited:

Pejo

Got my 50 Wei kills tonight, there's no additional tier of kills you have to do afterwards, thank god. Not a single time in 50+ kills did he ever drop more than 233 mora and some cabbage. People were reporting that he rarely dropped Primogems, but I don't buy it. Got the Challenger 2 achievement done too, fun little namecard as a bonus drop.

Tomorrow I'll be hitting the final rank of Mondstadt fame, and get my shiny green glider.

Otherwise, I've been building my Diluc up for 1.2, since fire seems that it's gonna be core to the experience. It's shocking to me just how quickly he takes damage caused by the fire from his own moves. I feel like I'm constantly babysitting him with a healer, which I haven't had to do for any other character. Diona gives him a nice shield and healing/melt reactions, so I'm slowly buiding her up as Diluc's pocket healer. The only thing I don't like is that her heal doesn't touch anyone not on the field, so if I want to heal multiple characters I have to switch to them and stand around in the AoE. Now that she's settled into a role of pure support, she's not so bad. Sacrificial Bow is a must have for her, to have near constant shields available.

Fuz

Banned
Delivery quests are not that bad. They're kind of annoying and unfun, but I find them far from being as terrible as people say.

Just look them up on Youtube if you have problems.
Did that and still not able to scroll down.
Look them up on the wiki? :p

Last edited:

Dunki

So having not heard a lot from this game for a while. Did they fix the resin problem? Or is it still as awful as it was at launch?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Resin would be less horrible if the condensed resin wasn't limited to 3. And you can't use them on bosses anyway so it kinda sucks.

And farming the right artifacts is gonna take a long time since you'll be looking for your desired main stat and getting good rolls on getting 4 substats.

Here's a handy chart I found somewhere to show you what I mean for main stats.

image0.png

Pejo

Got a quest up at the cathedral today for my daily, thought maybe it was finally the one I needed to get Equivalent Exchange quest....nope, it's a quest for Victoria :messenger_confounded:

crumbs

Pretty sad, maybe they need to add a pity system to their daily commissions :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Even sadder is that you'll finally get the commission one day & it's going to take all of 2 seconds to finish.

BlackM1st

Banned
Got a God roll on Wanderer's String Kettle.

5☆Cryo DMG/ATK+/ATK%/CritDMG%/HP+.

One problem. I don't have any Cryo characters xD Fffffff...

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Can always roll for Ayaka or Ganyu.

Or, you know...
Gen-pct-scisl-tmwd-3-750x411.jpg
☠☠☠

Sure, Ms. Ancient Goat Maid is tempting, but her banner man... Looks like her banner is gonna be a hot garbage. I just can't justify spending my primos on standard 4☆ characters ;(

I'll just wait till we get to the Russia(in couple of years xD). There's no way that we will not get some awesome ice characters from Russian region.

Saber

I beat the last level of Abysm and gotta say they're cheap and abusive for its own good. The fire weapon Fatui for instance occasionally regenerates shield while standing and doing no animation at all(suddenly pops when he starts to end his stun animation).
I think so far the worst offender is the Abysm water mage spamming multiples water bubbles seconds after him being defeated.

Goddammit, I just pulled a Qiqi dupe on the Zhongli banner. Sigh, so much for unlocking more Zhongli constellations. Oh well, what can ya do. Time to save gems for big titty nun waifu

crumbs

Thank god for the anemoculus/geoculus resonance stones that you can craft. I was down to 2 in Mondstadt and 3 in Liyue.

One of the remaining anemoculus in Monstadt would have been really difficult to find (It was on a high outcropping near the map border in the canyon leading to Stormterror's Lair).

On the other end of the difficultly scale, there was one in Liyue that I'm not sure how I missed, I must have walked near it a million times and I never remember seeing the map icon pop up.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I am sure this has been asked and I have googled it a few times but nothing of substance has come up. Any work on controller support for phone?

Pejo

Thank god for the anemoculus/geoculus resonance stones that you can craft. I was down to 2 in Mondstadt and 3 in Liyue.

One of the remaining anemoculus in Monstadt would have been really difficult to find (It was on a high outcropping near the map border in the canyon leading to Stormterror's Lair).

On the other end of the difficultly scale, there was one in Liyue that I'm not sure how I missed, I must have walked near it a million times and I never remember seeing the map icon pop up.
You still have 2 to go! There's one extra -culus in each map, past the 100% you need to upgrade the statues. Not sure why, but they're there.

Got Diluc to 80, now I need to level his talents and get him some good artifacts before 1.2 drops on the 23rd. I get why people like him because he's the definition of ungabunga, but I really find his playstyle boring. That along with the fact that his Burst knocks everything halfway across the fucking map and lights all the grass on fire just makes fighting enemies tedious. That damage is pretty nice though...

manfestival

You still have 2 to go! There's one extra -culus in each map, past the 100% you need to upgrade the statues. Not sure why, but they're there.

Got Diluc to 80, now I need to level his talents and get him some good artifacts before 1.2 drops on the 23rd. I get why people like him because he's the definition of ungabunga, but I really find his playstyle boring. That along with the fact that his Burst knocks everything halfway across the fucking map and lights all the grass on fire just makes fighting enemies tedious. That damage is pretty nice though...
but... muh ultra rare 5 star...

Fake

Gold Member
Goddammit, I just pulled a Qiqi dupe on the Zhongli banner. Sigh, so much for unlocking more Zhongli constellations. Oh well, what can ya do. Time to save gems for big titty nun waifu

You got luck because I still trying to get Zhongli until the banner gone.

crumbs

I do have another anemoculus resonance stone, so maybe I'll look for the extra one in Mondstadt.

I think you touched on an important thing that is forgotten when people focus too much on star ratings and character tier lists: how fun/enjoyable the characters are to play for you personally. This is why I've really enjoyed Keqing; you play her for crit damage and/or physical damage, or hit up elemental reactions since her elemental skill recharges quickly and meshes well with other support characters.

I think Razor falls into the boring category for me. He can DPS well for a 4 star, but you have to leave him on the field a lot to get value, so there's limited opportunity for elemental reactions. This style is pretty 'meh' to me, but I'm sure others like him bashing away at enemies.

BlackM1st

Banned

Yeah, I completely agree. Guy is a powerful but utterly boring character.

BlackM1st

Banned
holdmydilic is boring because he is powerful. The type of badass chars those games normally have.
Klee is ridiculously fun. Great elemental reactions, very nice move combos and playing as her gives you proper adventure feeling because for her everything is "wow" and "ooooh" worthy xD

I also enjoy my 4☆ alcoholic pirate girl. Unlike other "ara-ara" milfs she's totally ok to drink with our main hero ;D

Fake

Gold Member
Klee is ridiculously fun. Great elemental reactions, very nice move combos and playing as her gives you proper adventure feeling because for her everything is "wow" and "ooooh" worthy xD

I also enjoy my 4☆ alcoholic pirate girl. Unlike other "ara-ara" milfs she's totally ok to drink with our main hero ;D

Trying to get her as well. I guess she is the best mage.

My contrast here is how powerfull Dillic burst is and how easy for him to use again. Lisa burst is trash and even take ages to recover. Kinda unfair.

Pejo

My contrast here is how powerfull Dillic burst is and how easy for him to use again. Lisa burst is trash and even take ages to recover. Kinda unfair.
I'd argue that Lisa's Burst is the best thing she brings to a team. Constant procs for reactions, big AoE field, stays up quite a long time. The only downsides are that it actively pushes enemies outside of it and it takes 80 energy to charge. It'd be better if it did a vacuum effect instead. If you eventually get her constellations it also applies def down. It's a reactions machine with the right setup and against bosses.

Fake

Gold Member
I'd argue that Lisa's Burst is the best thing she brings to a team. Constant procs for reactions, big AoE field, stays up quite a long time. The only downsides are that it actively pushes enemies outside of it and it takes 80 energy to charge. It'd be better if it did a vacuum effect instead. If you eventually get her constellations it also applies def down. It's a reactions machine with the right setup and against bosses.

IMO even her constellations are trash. Just a little support. Lisa was the only char I never saw on co-op events, beside me using of course. Even those loads of particles from co-op events are not enough to recharge her burst.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member

I don't think you can pull Klee right now (just like Tartaglia/Childe) so don't waste your rolls. Klee is my uber go to...love her.

Fake

Gold Member
I don't think you can pull Klee right now (just like Tartaglia/Childe) so don't waste your rolls. Klee is my uber go to...love her.

Yeah, I know. I now trying to get Zhongli before his banner get out.

But still, Klee is one the best mages and putting her with Dillic at the same time you get 25% atk from combine two pyro chars. They're almost op together.

Pejo

Yeah, I know. I now trying to get Zhongli before his banner get out.

But still, Klee is one the best mages and putting her with Dillic at the same time you get 25% atk from combine two pyro chars. They're almost op together.
Diluc and Klee are really bad together, other than both being fire/top tier damage. They both need to be on the field to contribute and they're the same element, so they eat each other's lunch a lot. Well, unless you mega whaled for Klee and got her constellations, which add some support features. Xiangling is a better support for either of them to hit the 25% atk and to increase their damage, and she's free.

Saber

I don't think its boring, considering we have Xian and shes basically a sitting duck without her shield effect at level 3(plus the skill delay).
I think she needs a rework to make her shield to already give the dot damage even at the first level, while the dot scales up with the level of the shield.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Diluc and Klee are really bad together, other than both being fire/top tier damage. They both need to be on the field to contribute and they're the same element, so they eat each other's lunch a lot. Well, unless you mega whaled for Klee and got her constellations, which add some support features. Xiangling is a better support for either of them to hit the 25% atk and to increase their damage, and she's free.

Most of the farm quests are time related, so using their burst like no end is very effective. Besides, you still have two slots for whetever combination you get.

They're indeed strong together, just using both elemental and burst at the same time with other combination are deadly. Most of the boss you fight that require 60 resin those two break easily. Check over youtube and reddit.

Ignoring basic attacks, their skills are quite OP.

Pejo

Most of the farm quests are time related, so using their burst like no end is very effective. Besides, you still have two slots for whetever combination you get.

They're indeed strong together, just using both elemental and burst at the same time with other combination are deadly. Most of the boss you fight that require 60 resin those two break easily. Check over youtube and reddit.

Ignoring basic attacks, their skills are quite OP.
Klee's Burst stops as soon as you switch off of her, as far as I've seen in videos, though her little bombs do hang around. Regardless, they're both strong characters, probably #1 and #2 damage, regardless of order. I'm just saying if you're trying to get the most out of, let's say Diluc, Xiangling with her Fire damage buff, deployable elemental skill (that also drops an attack buff), and wide AoE persistent burst are probably bigger damage maximizers than swapping back and forth between Diluc and Klee. My Diluc gets his Burst charged so quickly I'm constantly having to wait for cooldown to use it again, I can't imagine having to switch to Klee would be a net damage gain.

Again, doesn't really matter though because they're both powerhouses and either of them can trivialize boss content.

So the Reddit hivemind have further discovered a way that JohnLee was nerfed. Apparently his normal attack string was supposed to be hybrid physical and geo damage, indicated by the animations and elemental sight on his attacks. If this was true, he would have been a monster at generating shields even more than he is now, and his Geo damage passives would make a hell of a lot more sense.

crumbs

So the Reddit hivemind have further discovered a way that JohnLee was nerfed. Apparently his normal attack string was supposed to be hybrid physical and geo damage, indicated by the animations and elemental sight on his attacks. If this was true, he would have been a monster at generating shields even more than he is now, and his Geo damage passives would make a hell of a lot more sense.

Interesting. I noticed the weapon element color thing while doing bounties with Keqing (her sword stays electro infused for a set period after her skill) and using elemental sight. It's cool that they used that to dig into the potential nerfs that happened to Zhongli.

So what do we think the odds are that they eventually "fix" or buff Zhongli?

BlackM1st

Banned
Burst stops as soon as you switch off of her
Yeah, it's her only weakness in my eyes.

She's a typical glass cannon and just as with D, you want her to be present on the field 90% of the time.

For other 10% I switch to my alcoholic pirate and send any incoming attacks back to the enemy. Works especially great if I have electric raven on the field for even more electric reactions 🧨🧨🧨

BlackM1st

Banned
I think 0. There's a reason they nerfed him. Maybe MiHo really don't want 1 hero to rule them all.

I'm totally ok with their "combos" meta. But I just wish that instead of us juggling around 4 chars they would allow us to have a more meaningful coop experience. GI can become a whole different game if they add a proper coop exploration.

Pejo

Interesting. I noticed the weapon element color thing while doing bounties with Keqing (her sword stays electro infused for a set period after her skill) and using elemental sight. It's cool that they used that to dig into the potential nerfs that happened to Zhongli.

They're already changing him in 1.3, we just don't know to what extent yet. I'm personally thinking they will increase the time of his petrification and guarantee particles every 2-3 ticks of his Elemental Skill, and call it a day. If you want the truly un-nerfed version, then the huge change would be that his Elemental Skill would resonate with petrified enemies as well as enemy stone shields, etc with no upper limit of how many could resonate. This would allow him to be one of, if not the strongest, at AoE damage and crowd control. Reddit had a separate post previously that detailed how this was likely part of his kit at one point, and then stripped out due to it being too "one size fits all" for large groups.

As an example, let's say you used his Skill near a group of 3 Hilichurls, then hit his Burst. Every tick of his Stele (the stone pillar thing) would resonate off of each of the petrified enemies, and do a tick of damage. That means instead of let's say 1000 damage per tick that we get now, with 1 Stele and 3 petrified enemies, we'd get 4000 damage per tick AoE. It only gets better with more enemies effected by petrify (or with stone shields). In a domain with like 8 enemies, you'd get 8000 damage per tick and so on. Throw in a Geo MC ball or two, and a Ningguang screen, and you'd get 12k damage per tick. I think you could see how it could be a little too strong.

Still, they really nerfed his whole character by building him that way, then gutting it out without giving any consideration to how he would fit into teams without it. That's what we see today with current 1.1 JohnLee.

Fake

Gold Member
Klee's Burst stops as soon as you switch off of her, as far as I've seen in videos, though her little bombs do hang around. Regardless, they're both strong characters, probably #1 and #2 damage, regardless of order. I'm just saying if you're trying to get the most out of, let's say Diluc, Xiangling with her Fire damage buff, deployable elemental skill (that also drops an attack buff), and wide AoE persistent burst are probably bigger damage maximizers than swapping back and forth between Diluc and Klee. My Diluc gets his Burst charged so quickly I'm constantly having to wait for cooldown to use it again, I can't imagine having to switch to Klee would be a net damage gain.

Again, doesn't really matter though because they're both powerhouses and either of them can trivialize boss content.

Kaeyla got nerfed as well, idk why but his base attacks are quite slow now.

Geo damage are OK, just the geo element reaction that are shit.

I not saying Xiangling is bad, she is good in fact, just not OP. If you put all your damage to pyro will be a hell of damage.

deanote666

I got 3 Zhongli and 1 Keqing from the current banner.

Group shield really helps out.

Still don't have enough resources to level Keqing though.

I was able to get all of the oculus except the 1 extra amenoculus without the locators using user generated maps. Missed an ameno one in stormterror's layer.

Pejo

News is up!

Best part is that the new upcoming event will not use Resin, about fuckin' time.

BlackM1st

Banned

News is up!

Best part is that the new upcoming event will not use Resin, about fuckin' time.
Yeah, I just hope that instead of resin we will not get another limited currency xD

FnQRb3Y.jpg

Jp1EKHs.jpg

My precious...

Fuz

Banned
Ok, imma gonna buy the battle pass I think. Not sure if I should get the sword or the bow (don't actually need any of those weapons tbh), sword seems really cool but bow seems quite fun. What do you guys think?

Fuz

Banned
Got a quest up at the cathedral today for my daily, thought maybe it was finally the one I needed to get Equivalent Exchange quest....nope, it's a quest for Victoria :messenger_confounded:
I actually got a quest from Viktor some weeks ago, but never got any follow-up. Still 14/15 and need Equivalent Exchange (lots of JoJo references in this game).

By the way, I had a zone at 100% exploration then found another chest. What exactly gives exploration rating?

That white grass is stupid. They're getting cheap.

Last edited:

crumbs

Ok, imma gonna buy the battle pass I think. Not sure if I should get the sword or the bow (don't actually need any of those weapons tbh), sword seems really cool but bow seems quite fun. What do you guys think?

Which character do you have that would benefit from crit rate the most? (I think all the BP weapons have crit rate as their 2nd attribute). I have Keqing, so I grabbed the sword and I've been building her artifacts around crit rate. It also gives a small HP amount on some crit hits, so it helps her survivability in some cases.

Top Bottom