• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Saber

News is up!

Best part is that the new upcoming event will not use Resin, about fuckin' time.

Dude, this patch sounds lovely. I'm not quite sure how well this frost effect will play though. I hope doesn't make exploring annoying.
But having events that does not use resin is already a win in my book. And those tree rewards looks neat as well.

LuisBell

Neo Member
Ok, imma gonna buy the battle pass I think. Not sure if I should get the sword or the bow (don't actually need any of those weapons tbh), sword seems really cool but bow seems quite fun. What do you guys think?

It really depends on your heroes, for example I got the Serpent Spine (Claymore) because I didn´t had anything better for Razor/Beidou and with the Crit Rate bonus you can focus on CRIT DMG artifacts or more ATK%.
Solar Pearl is really good, in my opinion, for Mona or Ningguang.
The Black Sword I heard that's also very good but I don't use any DPS with swords right now. If you have Keqing for example it would be a valid option or even for the MC.
About the bow I preffer Stringless for more Elemental Mastery (Fischl Support).

Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
Which character do you have that would benefit from crit rate the most? (I think all the BP weapons have crit rate as their 2nd attribute). I have Keqing, so I grabbed the sword and I've been building her artifacts around crit rate. It also gives a small HP amount on some crit hits, so it helps her survivability in some cases.
None, tbh. It's, eventually, for the future.

Hju2PuC.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
None, tbh. It's, eventually, for the future.

Hju2PuC.jpg
Don't waste your money. Next event will give you a free ice catalyst for your only 5☆ healer / 4☆ Ning. Ning is very strong in right hands btw. ( personally I'm too lazy to use here)

Before wasting money you should obtain any worthy character. I'm sure next battle passes will give you just as good or even better weapons.

Fuz

Banned
Don't waste your money. Next event will give you a free ice catalyst for your only 5☆ healer / 4☆ Ning. Ning is very strong in right hands btw. ( personally I'm too lazy to use here)

Before wasting money you should obtain any worthy character. I'm sure next battle passes will give you just as good or even better weapons.
I don't really like mages' playstyle, so I'm not using Ningg (also I'm cheap as fuck and don't want to invest resources, especially considering how scarce they are and I could need those if I pull someone I like *cough*Diluc*cough*). BP is also 8 wishes, which is the main reason I'm thinking about getting it.

Last edited:

crumbs

I don't really like mages' playstyle, so I'm not using Ningg (also I'm cheap as fuck and don't want to invest resources, especially considering how scarce they are and I could need those if I pull someone I like *cough*Diluc*cough*). BP is also 8 wishes, which is the main reason I'm thinking about getting it.

If you can finish the BP, the Gnostic Hymn level ($10) gives you a decent amount of EXP books, talent books, and around 2mil mora (along with the weapon, wishes, and primogens).

The battle pass weapons haven't changed so far, so if you do multiple months, you will potentially have a shot at refining a weapon. Of course that runs the risk of them eventually changing out the weapons in the future.

Last edited:

Pejo

Ok, imma gonna buy the battle pass I think. Not sure if I should get the sword or the bow (don't actually need any of those weapons tbh), sword seems really cool but bow seems quite fun. What do you guys think?
The sword is probably the most "future proof" of the weapons, since likely every sword character values crit%, and the unique skill is good. Bow is good for Childe and any future bow character that doesn't go for aimed shots as a primary offensive strategy (since aimed shots to weakspots already guarantee crit, the % is a waste). Catalyst is good for "main" dps catalyst users like Klee and Ning, but we are getting that free 4* catalyst soon that looks really good. Claymore is kinda ass other than giving crit % as a main stat because of grass catching on fire and incidental environmental damage. I have no strong opinion on the spear, but I think it's the only one that currently gives crit %.

If you really can't decide, the sword is the easy pick. Also, the xp books and mora was worth more to me than the weapon/wishes when i ended up buying it. It supplements the dripfeed that you usually get per day by quite a lot.

Jedge

The sword is probably the most "future proof" of the weapons, since likely every sword character values crit%, and the unique skill is good. Bow is good for Childe and any future bow character that doesn't go for aimed shots as a primary offensive strategy (since aimed shots to weakspots already guarantee crit, the % is a waste). Catalyst is good for "main" dps catalyst users like Klee and Ning, but we are getting that free 4* catalyst soon that looks really good. Claymore is kinda ass other than giving crit % as a main stat because of grass catching on fire and incidental environmental damage. I have no strong opinion on the spear, but I think it's the only one that currently gives crit %.

If you really can't decide, the sword is the easy pick. Also, the xp books and mora was worth more to me than the weapon/wishes when i ended up buying it. It supplements the dripfeed that you usually get per day by quite a lot.

I agree with this. If you really need a good dps spear there's always the Crescent pike and we are getting another free prototype for it next patch.
Sword is great and it's passive heals definitely help with abyss

Last edited:
It’s amazing how much time I spent with this game and it didn’t cost me a penny. AR 34 right now, log in every day to do dailies and some other stuff, it’s perfect.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
If you can finish the BP, the Gnostic Hymn level ($10) gives you a decent amount of EXP books, talent books, and around 2mil mora (along with the weapon, wishes, and primoges).

The battle pass weapons haven't changed so far, so if you do multiple months, you will potentially have a shot at refining a weapon. Of course that runs the risk of them eventually changing out the weapons in the future.
I finished up the BP without dipping the hymn first this month. At the end when I hit BP50 I got the hymn ($9 bucks) and the following: 5 wishes (regular banner) 2.5million mora, 250 lvl 3 weapon crystals and about 150 xp books (across all three xp levels), 700 primo gems, and some talent books (varies based on your choice). IMO it was a great payout to boost up my second team to 70-80 level

LOLCats

Banned
i like the bow a lot, i actually may get a second if its back next month. i took the sword this month. for me though I've rolled ZERO four-star bows and even though you can craft a couple the craft ones arent very good.

Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

i like the bow a lot, i actually may get a second if its back next month. i took the sword this month. for me though I've rolled ZERO four-star bows and even though you can craft a couple the craft ones arent very good.

I was in the same boat. For the longest time, the only 4 star bow I had was the one you get for finishing the Stormterror archon quest. Then last week, I had a couple of standard wishes from the BP and ended up pulling Rust twice in a row. The way gear drops in this game is funny some times.

The bigger question is: are there actual pinecones in the IRL version of those hash browns? :messenger_grinning_smiling: I when I started the game, I never thought pinecones would be such a valuable resource.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I got the bow the first month then ended up regretting it. Since I use my range support for theirs specials/alts I never fight with them really.
The sword (non claymore) is great. Good DPS boost (both normal and charged attacks) and the healing is massive when your attack and crit is high. I wish had two of those so I could refine the one I am using.

Saber

I got the bow the first month then ended up regretting it. Since I use my range support for theirs specials/alts I never fight with them really.
The sword (non claymore) is great. Good DPS boost (both normal and charged attacks) and the healing is massive when your attack and crit is high. I wish had two of those so I could refine the one I am using.

Whos your archer? If its Fishlz, theres a bow that increases El mstr and the damage of El skills.

deanote666

Then just buy it and go with a sword. Bows are useless IMO Swords gives you DPS and lets you move around instead of being a sitting duck.
Fischl is in my main party and one of my higher DPS. Just keep your distance. dodge every once in awhile. It's fun watching the weekly wolf constantly use its close range attack when I'm shooting from a distance.

I got the BP bow once, leveled it but haven't used it. Switching between my Rust R2 and Compound bow R2. Still not sure which is better.

BlackM1st

Banned
Fischl is in my main party and one of my higher DPS. Just keep your distance. dodge every once in awhile. It's fun watching the weekly wolf constantly use its close range attack when I'm shooting from a distance.

I got the BP bow once, leveled it but haven't used it. Switching between my Rust R2 and Compound bow R2. Still not sure which is better.
Too much hassle for my taste. On console it's even harder without aim assists. Maybe if I played on PC I would use bows more often. For now Princess is my Raven spamming machine and nothing more.

Jedge

Rust 100%. Does way more dps vs compound bow

deanote666

Too much hassle for my taste. On console it's even harder without aim assists. Maybe if I played on PC I would use bows more often. For now Princess is my Raven spamming machine and nothing more.
Mobile only player myself. Basically play the same as catalyst users. Rarely use the aim mode since it's hard to use on mobile.

Michele

you.
I have to say that I am surprised I did not see this sooner than now. However I do believe the first page, the one on OP's post, is outdated.

Regardless I'm enjoying this game though I'm taking a break for now. Currently at AR 28, 1 more and I can start Ch 1 Act 2. The new QoL things like being able to directly gain rewards instead of just picking them up sounds really great.

I have to say that I am surprised I did not see this sooner than now. However I do believe the first page, the one on OP's post, is outdated.

Regardless I'm enjoying this game though I'm taking a break for now. Currently at AR 28, 1 more and I can start Ch 1 Act 2. The new QoL things like being able to directly gain rewards instead of just picking them up sounds really great.

If there's anything specific that you feel is outdated, let me know and I'll see about changing it.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
You complained about teens yet you are leveling up TWO teens AND you won't use the hottest playable character after Diluc?

SMH Dio.

Pejo

YES we're done with this shitty food delivery event (I think).

LIvejournal Teyvat edition coming up.

I hit a happy spot today, got every character I plan on playing up to level 70 at minimum. It's going to take a while to get them all to 80, but I'm hoping the upcoming patch and event gives me some much needed materials for that. After everyone gets to 80, I'll finally be moving on to leveling weapons and talents for each of them. Then, after all of that shit is done, I'll finally break my AR45 quest and start farming artifacts. It's been a slow and laborious process, but I'm happy with the progress I've made so far. By the end of this, I'll have 3 full teams of usable characters. I feel after playing on World Level 5 for a long time now, it was the right place to stop and build characters. World level 3 would have been a little too soon, and I'd miss out on a lot of gold tier boss drops for talents and artifacts. On the other hand, I saw that even at world level 6 the rate for elemental boss gems is still shit, so I'm glad I didn't rush it. I feel that you'd definitely want to break AR45 before you start farming artifacts though, so you can guarantee at least 1 gold tier drop per run.

I made a few changes to my team compositions, but my main team still stands as Childe/Beidou/Ningguang/Noelle. The Geo team resonance skill is really underrated, and I'm sure we're about to see a ton of posts about it when Albedo/JohnLee teams start getting popular. The only downside to this team comp is that Noelle's heals are a little inconsistent and she has no healbomb for when shit goes really badly. That said, you have a shield nearly all of the time and get that sweet 15% attack bonus while being basically invincible. Beidou's Burst creates a shield and does constant electro-charged reactions with melee mode Childe. It absolutely melts everything, groups or single target. Ning makes a great cleanup DPS and ranged enemy blocker. The only downside to this team is that it doesn't have a fire character, which can make certain fights really annoying, like Ice Fatui and Ice Abyss mages. This game favors fire a little too much I feel.

The second team I've been working on is Diluc/Fischl/Xiangling/Diona. Lots of big damage and good reactions with melt and overload, and 25% bonus atk to the whole party. I really underestimated Diona's shield when she's built for HP/Recharge with Sacrificial bow. Nearly 100% uptime on the shield and it's super tanky. It really helps Diluc not kill himself with burning grass. The only downside here is that healing requires the damaged character to be on the field and stay in Diona's AoE. Not a huge problem, but my Fischl has eaten shit a few times trying to get her HP back up fighting the big stone hilichurls and such. Xiangling's burst and skill are great compliments to Diluc's kit, but I don't think I've pressed the normal attack button with her in weeks. If they'd make a "stringless" version of a spear, I'd give it to her instantly. This team is generally rock solid for all content but bad if I lose a lot of HP on multiple characters, it's hard to recover from that with Diona's heal.

Third team is my "all around" team for farming fatui badges and general exploring. Razor/Amber/Qiqi/Venti. The only thing I have trouble with on this team is a fire Fatui guy with the gun if I don't kill him before he shields up. I really wish they'd nerf the fatui shields a bit in general. It doesn't make any of the fights more difficult, it just makes it take VERY long if you don't constantly run a team of Electro/Cryo/Pyro/Hydro. I could switch Barbara in with Venti but there's usually no reason to run two healers so I don't generally bother. Otherwise, this team has decreased stamina consumption while running and gliding (along with Venti's air boost skill), so it's nice for general exploration and Razor is a beast with superconduct and freeze with his claymore and physical damage bonus. This team is the least important for me to build, but still going to be good/useful for all future patches when we get new areas to explore.

What teams are you guys running? Do you swap individual characters in and out often, or do you mainly stick with preset teams? I feel like even though it's just a menu and few seconds away, I hate switching teams unless I'm fighting a boss or an encounter that I know is going to be terrible as the current team I'm running. I really hope they add a shortcut eventually to allow for faster team changes. I realize the moves and characters all have to be loaded into RAM for each character that can be playable at any given time, but this is 2020, surely we can up the RAM usage a bit for better playability.

I hit a happy spot today, got every character I plan on playing up to level 70 at minimum. It's going to take a while to get them all to 80, but I'm hoping the upcoming patch and event gives me some much needed materials for that. After everyone gets to 80, I'll finally be moving on to leveling weapons and talents for each of them. Then, after all of that shit is done, I'll finally break my AR45 quest and start farming artifacts.

Saber

What teams are you guys running? Do you swap individual characters in and out often, or do you mainly stick with preset teams? I feel like even though it's just a menu and few seconds away, I hate switching teams unless I'm fighting a boss or an encounter that I know is going to be terrible as the current team I'm running. I really hope they add a shortcut eventually to allow for faster team changes. I realize the moves and characters all have to be loaded into RAM for each character that can be playable at any given time, but this is 2020, surely we can up the RAM usage a bit for better playability.

I have way too many characters, I need more team slots lmao

But my teams are mostly composed of Electro characters.
My mains are Kaeya and Fishl. They will be aways part of the team no matter the composition.

The first team is my main team. Used to be Xingling(I call her that), Fishl, Noelle and Kaeya. With addition of Xyan, I'm trying set her off to this team...with some situations changing to Xingling.

With my second team, the only difference is that I change Noelle with Sacarose(the nickname I give to Sucrose), while Xingling is the first.

The rest are electro charge teams composed mostly of Electro members, while the leader is little Barbara.
One is with Beidou and the last team is with Keqing.

Last edited:

crumbs

I mostly run one team that I swap characters out depending on the primary element of the boss/domain/etc.

Starters:
Keqing - Pretty much never leaves my team since she can DPS with or without using electro. With the Black sword, she can also heal herself a bit, making it even easier to leave her on the field.
Klee - Probably higher DPS than Keqing, but she's more squishy and prone to light herself on fire.

Heavy Rotation:
Fischl - I like having an archer on the field, plus her elemental support and energy regen are helpful. Almost listed her as a "starter".
Mona - Recent addition, still getting used to her, but she pairs well with most of the other characters. Water sprinting skill is something I wish I had earlier in the game.
Chongyun - Had been my main DPS early in the game, then became my sub DPS/cryo support guy once I pulled Klee. Still handy in a lot of situations.
Barbara - Main healer with a couple of useful constellations at this point.
Bennett - Been using him more since he pairs well as support for the starters. The attack bonus for double pyro characters is appreciated

Light Rotation:
Xingqiu - Useful support against pyro, if his CDs were shorter, he would get used more.
Razor - Had been used more earlier in game as DPS prior to acquiring Klee. Was still used a lot until Keqing was added, now he doesn't see much use outside of the Abyss. Good character, but I don't like his playstyle.

On the bench:
Amber - Used for awhile due to lack of other pyro characters. She doesn't go on expeditions since I might need the pyro arrow, plus baron bunny helps on those geo puzzles when my MC is on anemo.
MC - Just there for anemo and geo reactions
Noelle - Saw a lot of playing time early when I had few characters and needed some survivability in encounters, but I moved on quickly.

Expedition Crew:
Xiangling - By the time I got her, I already had some pyro characters that fit the team better.
Lisa - I've always had a lot of electro characters, so she never saw much use other than earlier game content
Kaeya - I pulled Chongyun very early, so I moved on from Kaeya pretty quick. If I had to build out a FTP character, it would probably be Kaeya. His cryo skills could be better support for certain characters vs Chongyun.
Diona - Not really interested in her skills or design.
Xinyan - Already have pyro characters that are leveled up.

I'm pretty happy with the characters I've added. I'm not FTP; I've bought the Welkin Moon twice ($5 x2) and the Gnostic Hymn BP once ($10), so at a total of $20 over the 2.5 months of playing, I can't complain.

My wish list would probably be for an anemo character for support (Sucrose would work), another cryo character (Rosaria?), and maybe a better geo character (Wanted Ninguang on the Childe banner, but ended up with Diona).

Jedge

Generally for overworld I run Xiangling, Barbara (or jean), venti and Keqing. Other times i'll run Xiangling, Barbara, fischl, and keqing.

I gave up on the concept of "teams" once you start getting higher levels in abyss. Because without a ton of resources or specific characters you're limited to what you have.
in Abyss it really depends but I like running Xiangling, Bennet, chongyun, fischl or venti, jean, keqing, kaeya depending.

Jedge

I made a few changes to my team compositions, but my main team still stands as Childe/Beidou/Ningguang/Noelle. The Geo team resonance skill is really underrated, and I'm sure we're about to see a ton of posts about it when Albedo/JohnLee teams start getting popular. The only downside to this team comp is that Noelle's heals are a little inconsistent and she has no healbomb for when shit goes really badly. That said, you have a shield nearly all of the time and get that sweet 15% attack bonus while being basically invincible. Beidou's Burst creates a shield and does constant electro-charged reactions with melee mode Childe. It absolutely melts everything, groups or single target. Ning makes a great cleanup DPS and ranged enemy blocker. The only downside to this team is that it doesn't have a fire character, which can make certain fights really annoying, like Ice Fatui and Ice Abyss mages. This game favors fire a little too much I feel.

Ahh I forgot to mention this in my reply. There's some really good synergy / combos with Childe/Beidou/Fischl/Xingqiu or barbara
Barbara C2 or Xingqiu C2 decrease opponents resistance to hydro by 15%. I can't seem to find the video from Bilibili but it looked really strong

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Logged in this morning for the first time in about 4 weeks... Saw a ton of 200 primogems in my mailbox. Figured I would do a 10 pull wish. Got that 5 star geo spear guy that was featured. LOL

Pejo

Ahh I forgot to mention this in my reply. There's some really good synergy / combos with Childe/Beidou/Fischl/Xingqiu or barbara
Barbara C2 or Xingqiu C2 decrease opponents resistance to hydro by 15%. I can't seem to find the video from Bilibili but it looked really strong
Yea I'll have to try Barbara/Childe for the hydro resistance debuff. I've been meaning to give it a go.

*edit - looks like it's just a 15% hydro bonus while her healing ring is active, not hydro resistance debuffs to enemies. Still, worth a try.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
What teams are you guys running? Do you swap individual characters in and out often, or do you mainly stick with preset teams? I feel like even though it's just a menu and few seconds away, I hate switching teams
WL 5 - Razor, Fischl, Qiqi, Xiangling. Razor is 69, Fischl is 50 and the others are severely underleveled with lvl1 weapons. I only switch to get dandelions
cikYa.gif

Yeah, switching is too cumbersome. Need a key for quick access to party setup and other 4 to instant switch teams. It's just annoying now, between the clicks and the stupid waiting time that even gets interrupted when I alt tab out of it -_-

Yea I'll have to try Barbara/Childe for the hydro resistance debuff. I've been meaning to give it a go.

*edit - looks like it's just a 15% hydro bonus while her healing ring is active, not hydro resistance debuffs to enemies. Still, worth a try.

The tl;dw of the video that I posted is suggesting, for the resources involved, it's MUCH better to get level 16 artifacts on all your characters than it is to level them after ascension 4, into the 70, 80, or 90 range. Anywhere past 60 has very diminishing returns for vastly increased levels of investment. I'm not normally one to post a video without any sort of comment, but I didn't have time to write much of a post earlier.

Fuz

Banned
The tl;dw of the video that I posted is suggesting, for the resources involved, it's MUCH better to get level 16 artifacts on all your characters than it is to level them after ascension 4, into the 70, 80, or 90 range. Anywhere past 60 has very diminishing returns for vastly increased levels of investment. I'm not normally one to post a video without any sort of comment, but I didn't have time to write much of a post earlier.
Eh, my plan was to eventually 80 just my main DPS and fuck the rest :p
But then... free wishes on 70 ascension.

crumbs

This hit me last night. I just ascended Keqing and Klee to ascension level 5, and checking out the EXP requirement to get to 80 plus the materials for the ascension phase 6 is a big jump. I think I'll focus on getting a couple more support characters to ascension 4 for the passive talent unlock and then focus on leveling up talents and getting better artifacts.

This one is just for pejo, honkai related:
XKQLgPn.jpg

j4JbMhb.jpg

Been getting nearly every S-ranker so far first summon...

Guess this kinda makes up for not getting Zhongli, though I'd rather have this luck in Genshin tbh.

Pejo

This one is just for pejo, honkai related:
XKQLgPn.jpg

j4JbMhb.jpg

Been getting nearly every S-ranker so far first summon...

Guess this kinda makes up for not getting Zhongli, though I'd rather have this luck in Genshin tbh.
Congrats, now get ye to the weapon gacha and really test that luck!

Last edited:

crumbs

So I finally got the Winds of Winter quest today (AR45, WL 5). There's also an achievement that references it, but I didn't get that to pop. The Equivalent Exchange quest became available immediately, so all the Mondstadt reputation quests are finally complete.

Xanine

Neo Member
Zhongli and Geo Resonance will be receiving some small buffs at 1.3 (not the next major patch, but the one after it).

crumbs

Zhongli and Geo Resonance will be receiving some small buffs at 1.3 (not the next major patch, but the one after it).

Interesting buffs. "Convenient" timing for the devs to put this out during the last few days of the Zhongli banner, plus it might increase interest in the Albedo banner.

Saber

Very interestjng this resolves not only Zonghli but Geo in general.

In the meantime, they should fix Xyan shield effect bug.

Pejo

"small buffs" lol.

That's a pretty major buff across the board to Geo resonance alone, Ning is going to hit like a goddamn nuke now and Noelle stocks just shot up too with her ele skill shield being even more useful everywhere now since it has increased absorption to physical damage. . Zhongli scaling literally everything off of HP now is also great for his character, as there's now a definitive way to build him to maximize both his dps and shield.

This is a lot better than I was expecting to be honest. Still wish we'd have gotten resonate damage AoE god Zhongli, but this is still a huge improvement over his release kit.

Top Bottom