• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yep Albedo banner is a skip. Mihoyo must want to make sure people have Fischl. >_>

This means I get to save some more gems for Rosaria. Maybe I'll get lucky and she will show up with Ganyu. I don't like Archers but the AoE is strong with that one.

I suspect the reason we don't have any footage of Rosaria is because she isn't ready yet.

At least the chosen 4 stars are pretty popular, and people might want constellations for those. It doesn't make for a very exciting banner though, especially with the new 5 star being another Geodude.

Kinda makes me think though. Are 4 star characters with several or even all constellations more powerful/useful than 5 stars without any dupes? As a F2P player I don't expect to ever get any constellations for my 5 stars. Would it be better to just ignore 5 stars altogether? What do you think?

crumbs

Yikes. Well, will save primo now. Hope the next one have the wind spear guy.

Ganyu is the next banner 5 star.

So if this banner runs for 3 weeks, than another 3 weeks for Ganyu, Feb would be the earliest for Xiao (or whatever 5 star they tie in to the next event).

Edit: Nevermind, someone already answered you. That was weird, I clicked on the thread and replied to your post and then a bunch of other posts popped up.

Last edited:

iorek21

Randomly decided to play this a few days ago. Totally into it right now, this game is amazing! There's so much content here, it doesn't even feel like a F2P game.

Got some premium characters from the Wish section, but I also noticed that there's another store that uses Glitterdust (or something like that), and for some reason Kaeya is there? Why? You get him pretty early on the main quest.

crumbs

Randomly decided to play this a few days ago. Totally into it right now, this game is amazing! There's so much content here, it doesn't even feel like a F2P game.

Got some premium characters from the Wish section, but I also noticed that there's another store that uses Glitterdust (or something like that), and for some reason Kaeya is there? Why? You get him pretty early on the main quest.

Duplicate characters from a wish or the store will unlock their constellations (extra active or passive powers). Each character can reach 6 constellations.

Last edited:

Pejo

I was pulling in the Zhongli banner and got Mona as the 75th pull. Is she any good? Also was pulling in the standard banner and got a 5* polearm/spear weapon for my 30th pull. Do they count towards pity reset?
Mona's a good support for elemental reactions for fire/electro characters. Not so much as a "main" DPS. She's usually one of the components when you see those youtubers do like 100k damage videos. 5* weapons unfortunately do reset your pity on the standard banner.

Yikes. Well, will save primo now. Hope the next one have the wind spear guy.
Ganyu is next banner after Albedo.

Jedge

At least the chosen 4 stars are pretty popular, and people might want constellations for those. It doesn't make for a very exciting banner though, especially with the new 5 star being another Geodude.

Kinda makes me think though. Are 4 star characters with several or even all constellations more powerful/useful than 5 stars without any dupes? As a F2P player I don't expect to ever get any constellations for my 5 stars. Would it be better to just ignore 5 stars altogether? What do you think?

I wouldn't worry too much constellations and play what you want to. Keep track of your pity and save up your primogems and pull on the banner for the 5* you like.
5*'s are extremely powerful and are better than 4*'s with constellations. Some exceptions would be bennett C1.

Diluc, Venti, Klee, Childe, Mona are the best 5*
Jean, Keqing, QiQi, Zhongli (until buffs maybe), are good just not as much as the above mentioned.

4*'s such as Bennet C1, Diona C1, Xinqiu C1-C2, Fischl - Arguable some of the best 4*'s in the game and worth getting the constellations
Xiangling is also really solid but you get her for free at abyss 3-3.

Yeah, she has an amazing ass. Worth it.

She can also sprint in water if you care about such unimportant details.

Oh so she is just good for waifu character? I have Childe already along with Barbara. Should I invest in Childe or her for hydro?

Mona's a good support for elemental reactions for fire/electro characters. Not so much as a "main" DPS. She's usually one of the components when you see those youtubers do like 100k damage videos. 5* weapons unfortunately do reset your pity on the standard banner.

Ganyu is next banner after Albedo.

I already use Barabara for reactions. She also acts as healer so I guess I'll bench Mona for now. Too bad with the 5* weapon. I guess I'll not pull on standard banner from now on. I don't want weapons for now.

Xanine

Neo Member

As crumbs mentioned earlier, it's to unlock constellations. The other possible reason (and it's only just speculation) is that it's because Kaeya, Lisa, and Amber are currently the only 4 stars that can be obtained only in the standard banner in wishes instead of as a non-rate up 4 star in the featured character or featured weapon banners. The previous 2 starglitter store updates had Amber first followed by Lisa the next month. My guess is that the 2nd starglitter character will always rotate between these 3 characters, and if so, next month's will rotate back to Amber and one other 4 star who hasn't been in the starglitter store yet.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Oh so she is just good for waifu character? I have Childe already along with Barbara. Should I invest in Childe or her for hydro?

I already use Barabara for reactions. She also acts as healer so I guess I'll bench Mona for now. Too bad with the 5* weapon. I guess I'll not pull on standard banner from now on. I don't want weapons for now.
Yeah, she's mostly a support. BUT! You should bench Barb instead and level up Mona AND Childe. 5☆ is a 5☆. Childe is interesting because he's 1 and only combo character, but personally I found him a little clunky to use. Still, he's a very powerful DMG character.

BlackM1st

Banned
I pity the fools who will pull for him:

Soy levels are off-the-charts with this one. Not only his art, but his gameplay is offensively bland...

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member

Soy levels are off-the-charts with this one. Not only his art, but his gameplay is offensively bland...

Yeah....I don’t see any redeeming qualities about this character. I have been saving my gems for several 10 pulls....should have used them on Childe.
Their trailers are dope though.

Last edited:

crumbs

Not terribly interested in Albedo, but then they just had to show the elevated Klee "turret" at the end...

x@3f*oo_e!

Sort of wondering how much his elevator will allow cheesing/avoid certain bosses .. depends on duration/cooldown I suppose - not clear it can be destroyed.

Pejo

Pretty sad when the best part of your feature trailer is another character (Klee). They should have just made him a woman so waifu people would have pulled for him. Or put a new 4* on his banner. If anyone needed one it was Albedo.

I'm a little confused on MiHoYo's banner planning. 3 male characters in a row, 2 Geo characters in a row, and now no new 4*. What the hell are they doing with all of that money? If they were going to do 3 dudes in a row, they should have done Xiao so we get a different/requested element and a character that people actually wanted. Well whatever, it's not like I don't have characters to build still. More for the Ganyu pile.

Still, this patch should be good. I'm really glad that the event doesn't use resin, but that probably means it's going to be grindy as fuck.

Isn't she a 4 star character? I may be remembering wrong, but I though she was from the live event info.
Nope, 5*. Her card is gold.

Last edited:

crumbs

I'm at AR45 and not really caring about adding new characters at this point, I have enough to work with and not enough EXP books to level up a new hero anyway. I had 30 wishes saved and decided to throw them on the permanent banner instead and ended up with dups for Amber & Barbara, but I did get the 5 star Wolf's Gravestone claymore. This is my first 5 star weapon and probably more useful than another 4 star character.

I understand people being unhappy with character drop rates, the real irritation in the later parts of the game is the RNG on artifacts from domains. Even when I pull 5 star artifacts, I rarely get decent stats/sub-stats.

Seriously Albedo seems worse than most 4* characters. Geo MC is better than Albedo. Not sure why they are making him and why they are releasing him right after another Geo character who was also very poorly received.

Silvawuff

Zhongli is stupid powerful. My team doesn’t take damage anymore and he’s getting buffed in the patch tomorrow as well. I like Albedo’s look but yeah... another geo? I wanna try pulling for C1 Bennett and C3+ Fischl at least.

Zhongli is stupid powerful. My team doesn’t take damage anymore and he’s getting buffed in the patch tomorrow as well. I like Albedo’s look but yeah... another geo? I wanna try pulling for C1 Bennett and C3+ Fischl at least.

Zhongli is not getting buffed with 1.2. He will be buffed with 1.3 and his buffs are still in 1.3 beta test so they may still change the buffs based on the test.

Seriously Albedo seems worse than most 4* characters. Geo MC is better than Albedo. Not sure why they are making him and why they are releasing him right after another Geo character who was also very poorly received.

It is way too early to be deciding that he's good or bad. Just wait a few days, and pay more attention to the mathematical breakdowns of the character, and how he compares to other five stars.

Fake

Gold Member
Zhongli is not getting buffed with 1.2. He will be buffed with 1.3 and his buffs are still in 1.3 beta test so they may still change the buffs based on the test.

Zhongli already get a buff. Hidden buff that boost some of his attributes. Reddit did a video proving he get sublime buff since people start to complain.

Will be the second time Zhongli get a buff, aka the first 'official' buff.
League of Legends do this all the time.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
As a Klee owner I can tell you that I'm not gonna bother with Albedos platform. Geo God already has similar(IMO better) pillars and I tried working from them in coop and actually wasn't impressed.

First, it takes time to get on top(5 seconds of no DPS) , second you are vulnerable while you're climbing, third it limits already very limited atk range of Klee.

But the biggest argument against going on the artificial HIGH GROUND is that Geo God already makes you almost invulnerable without need of jumping through the hoops. You can run around his pillars like an idiot while throwing explosives left and right and be at full health 100% of time. So it's just a trailer gimmick aimed at Klee owners. Also, canon wise Alb and Razor are BFF with Klee, so it's understandable why she's featured in his trailer.

TLDR: it's not Star Wars, rule of higher ground doesn't apply here if you're already immortal and burned all your enemies.

Saber

Sacarose(Sucrose) it's an excellent offensive/support imo. Perhaps I might give a chance to this new banner so I can get her a sweet constelation.

BlackM1st

Banned

Yeah yeah, she's bae and a good support, but electric raven... ELECTRIC RAVEN MAN!

RU6iF5X.jpg

It also helps that I can farm electro cube to rise my 2 electric characters and not bother with other more annoying bosses like wind/geo/hydro.

manfestival

That feeling when I have like 1 squad with like 1 person that I swap in and out but I play the game casually. I have no idea what an optimal build is for my team... like is there any reason to try pumping up other characters outside of my main squad before I hit end game content?
I unlocked Diona and Childe but haven't used them aside from mining stuff

Zhongli already get a buff. Hidden buff that boost some of his attributes. Reddit did a video proving he get sublime buff since people start to complain.

Will be the second time Zhongli get a buff, aka the first 'official' buff.
League of Legends do this all the time.

I've read about the hidden buffs but I still don't feel he is at 5* potential. Not saying he is bad and people should not like or use him but he doesn't appeal to me. His english voice acting is awesome though.

Fake

Gold Member
I've read about the hidden buffs but I still don't feel he is at 5* potential. Not saying he is bad and people should not like or use him but he doesn't appeal to me. His english voice acting is awesome though.

Agree. Maybe 4 stars.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
That feeling when I have like 1 squad with like 1 person that I swap in and out but I play the game casually. I have no idea what an optimal build is for my team... like is there any reason to try pumping up other characters outside of my main squad before I hit end game content?
I unlocked Diona and Childe but haven't used them aside from mining stuff
Diona's place is being a bartender, don't bring pets to fights against ancient Gods.

Also, any 4☆ DMG character that you're using? Throw them into garbage. Childe can replace BOW as well as 1H sword wielders.

BlackM1st

Banned
Agree. Maybe 4 stars.
He's a 5☆ support and a 3☆ DPS. (5+3):2=4 :p

Good enough combo IF your survivability is lacking and you don't mind micromanaging your party. Ideally, your coop partner should run him while you concentrate on DPS.

manfestival

Diona's place is being a bartender, don't bring pets to fights against ancient Gods.

Also, any 4☆ DMG character that you're using? Throw them into garbage. Childe can replace BOW as well as 1H sword wielders.
Well... alright so here is the main party that I use right now. Venti, Barbara, Xiangling, and Beidou. My list isn't crazy. All other characters that I have are ones from the story, childe, diona, bennet, fischl, mona, noelle, razor, and chongyun. Basically nobody else is leveled outside of my starting 4, Chongyun(for ice), and Mona(stopped leveling her a while ago). Venti is my highest at like level 51 but I do not have mats to make the others go up.

crumbs

Well... alright so here is the main party that I use right now. Venti, Barbara, Xiangling, and Beidou. My list isn't crazy. All other characters that I have are ones from the story, childe, diona, bennet, fischl, mona, noelle, razor, and chongyun. Basically nobody else is leveled outside of my starting 4, Chongyun(for ice), and Mona(stopped leveling her a while ago). Venti is my highest at like level 51 but I do not have mats to make the others go up.

Childe, Fischl, and Bennett are all worth leveling up. Having multiple characters with the same element will grant you buffs that will be helpful against certain bosses and domains.

BlackM1st

Banned
Venti and Childe are not from story banners man, they're both limited characters. Just like Klee or Geo God.

Venty is simply amazing if you can enjoy his art direction/character. I would definitely throw away Chinese chef and raised Childe. Love me some Barbie too.

manfestival

Venti and Childe are not from story banners man, they're both limited characters. Just like Klee or Geo God.

Venty is simply amazing if you can enjoy his art direction/character. I would definitely throw away Chinese chef and raised Childe. Love me some Barbie too.
nono I meant like the ones I got for free like laura, kaede, and etc to be lazy and not have to type their names

Top Bottom