• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

One thing I'm hearing is that these changes are only announced officially for the TEST version of 1.3. It would be crazy to announce all this, have people decide to intentionally get him before his banner goes away, and then end up deciding not to buff him as much as their initial plan. Then again, it could go the other way and he gets even more buffs before the actual release.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
People are not getting.

Zhongli was a fiasco. reddit made a huge hype over his banner. Tons of photoshop memes and videos promoving Zhongli like he is some sort of Jesus Chirst. Probably loads of users spend tons of money on that single banner just to get Zhongli for in the end he being a mix bag.

They enter into a dillema over buffing like hell Zhongli and leave all the other geo chars over the shit or either buff all geo chars and Zhongli with some mix buffs.

The fact all geos are getting buff pretty much confirm my view over geo being a shit element in terms of combat and elemental reaction.

Zhongli would probably not helping on AR>46 because the difficult scale is brutal.

Last edited:

Saber

This is not an isolate case indeed. By buffing Zonghli they gonna take the risk of seeing this happening over and over again with future Geo characters(we have a new one coming). So of course they need to overlook geo characters in general, not only this character.

x@3f*oo_e!

Now they just need to make others elemental reaction with geo besides shields.
I think it'll stay shields, but maybe having shield element X could buff either elemental X reaction damage, or +/+%element damage .. that could help, and make it worth while to have a geo character.

Dumb questions - does picking up 2 geo crystals make the shield stronger ?

Fake

Gold Member
I think it'll stay shields, but maybe having shield element X could buff either elemental X reaction damage, or +/+%element damage .. that could help, and make it worth while to have a geo character.

I not asking an uber powerful buff, but yeah this kind of butt/buff would help for late game. Is impossible pick Geo chars on farm dungeons because they're time related.

If I remember right, no.

Last edited:

Jedge

Not only fun, but powerful. Maybe the most destructive DoT reaction.
What's wrong with electro? Its reactions are all pretty fun.
Electro isn't very good for a number of reasons:

1. Playing electro in abyss is basically hardmode given all the types of enemies, shields, resistances, etc.
2. Shields. Electro doesn't excel at killing any enemy shields at higher levels. Other elements do it better.
3. The reactions such as overload and I believe electro charged bounce mobs around making them annoying to kill
4. Electro elemental reactions have no multipliers when compared to pyro with Melt or Vaporize for example. If you super conduct cyro slimes the reaction is considered cyro they are immune to the aoe (still get the debuff).

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Xanine

Neo Member
Picking up 2 elemental shields will overwrite the other one. Having multiple types of shields like Noelle's shield, Zhongli's shield, and an elemental shield will all take damage simultaneously rather than having their shield strength stack.

Last edited:

Saber

Its pretty strong, but theres a lot of cases where Electro-charge doesn't activate at all over hydro or enemies affected by hydro.
I discovered that by fighting that stupid water boss. Water enemies sometimes are not affected by electro debuff, only takes electro damage(no elemental reaction) and in some instances are completelly immune to damage.

Reactions: Fuz

x@3f*oo_e!

Picking up 2 elemental shields will overwrite the other one. Having multiple types of shields like Noelle's shield, Zhongli's shield, and an elemental shield will all take damage simultaneously rather than having their shield strength stack.
Ugh that sucks, considering it's usually Noelle that generates those crystals for me, usually with her shield.

Possibly explains why I wasn't sure if they were really taking damage at all..

BlackM1st

Banned
Its pretty strong, but theres a lot of cases where Electro-charge doesn't activate at all over hydro or enemies affected by hydro.
I discovered that by fighting that stupid water boss. Water enemies sometimes are not affected by electro debuff, only takes electro damage(no elemental reaction) and in some instances are completelly immune to damage.
Just add fire xD

Xanine

Neo Member

According to the first point of this video, there is supposedly an elemental reaction cooldown between the enemy and the attack that was used. Don't know if I can verify that easily (and I'm pretty sure I get melt/vaporize options quite often and quickly from using the same skill).

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

According to the first point of this video, there is supposedly an elemental reaction cooldown between the enemy and the attack that was used. Don't know if I can verify that easily (and I'm pretty sure I get melt/vaporize options quite often and quickly from using the same skill).
Yeah read a post on reddit about this

Might be the source or same person. Explained a couple of things I was seeing. With Lisa I don't just spam light attack for overload, but rotate light and skill .. seems to work better.
[edit - ugh that's a big transclude - recommend read the thing - it has pictures and stuff]

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

[more] I just going to say even though elemental reaction cooldown is per skill, it's also still per target (afaict) - so with a mob on fire to keep triggering overload or whatever, just use electro on a different goblin each time and it should work with the same attacks as if there is no cooldown. (same for superconduct I think)

ie only see the skill cooldown for elemental attacks on the same goblin/blob (someone can correct me, 'cos I'm usually wrong..)

Last edited:

Saber

If theres one thing I can garantee is that theres no cooldown between electro-charge elemental reaction. My easiest combo is Fishl+Barbara, and theres no such a thing as elemental CD when I'm doing her combo, be at a normal monster or a boss. Pyro regivine for instance basically melt with Fishl skill in conjunction with Barbara basic attacks. I can even use Beidou burst and the reaction still occurs.

Also, this does not explain certain instances where their elemental water minions are completelly immune to damage(it happened with my brother too although he doesn't know what triggered).

Fuz

Banned
this kind of butt would help
Nice butts always help.
UHiZV.gif

x@3f*oo_e!

Also, this does not explain certain instances where their elemental water minions are completelly immune to damage(it happened with my brother too although he doesn't know what triggered).
Are they immune for a short while just after they are first summoned (I need to go back and check)

Maybe if Geo is getting buffed there's still a chance for electro : (
People have been wanting Electro buffed since beta. Now that Mihoyo has caved to the GeoBros, Electro's time had better come by the time they release Ayaka.

Electro scales only with character level unlike Pyro.
Pyro's reactions (Melt/Vaporize) become much, much more powerful than Overload in the late game because of the way they scale.
In the open world this hardly matters but in the Abyss, Electro is pretty well known for being shit compared to Pyro.

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

Not entirelly sure. But the word "immune" happens time to time when I'm fighting them and I frankly dunno if it's really a bug or intended.
"immune" in-game text next to damage numebrs will be if you try hydro damage which they won't take. It doesn't happen every time you use water damage, just every couple of seconds to remind you.

But I meant like immune generally when first dropping in . haven't checked yet though

Last edited:

e&e

Banned
This is my continuous check-in to see if they’ve added mobile controller support or released on the Switch yet...

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Are updates that dire?
Maybe you can just play it on PS5 or PC.

There's no reason to carry GI with you for the whole day. Game has a very strict daily limits on farming. Unlike in Diablo, in GI you can't farm till your eyes bleed. Game has around 1 or 2 hours of play per day in it.

As for the story quests, you will enjoy them more on a bigger screen.

Fuz

Banned
Game has a very strict daily limits on farming. Unlike in Diablo, in GI you can't farm till your eyes bleed.
Honestly, at the beginning resin system felt like your usual shitty mobile system.
Now I love it. Just because farming is really, really bad in this game. Domains are the opposite of fun. And thanks to resin (GOD BLESS CONDENSED), I don't feel compelled in farming them all the time.

Are we really not going to know the four star characters on the next banner before this banner ends? I've heard that there are no four stars on the next banner, but that just doesn't sound right from a business perspective. Is there definitive proof that's actually true?

e&e

Banned
Maybe you can just play it on PS5 or PC.

There's no reason to carry GI with you for the whole day. Game has a very strict daily limits on farming. Unlike in Diablo, in GI you can't farm till your eyes bleed. Game has around 1 or 2 hours of play per day in it.

As for the story quests, you will enjoy them more on a bigger screen.
It’s not that serious...I’ll just wait on the Switch version instead of being locked into PlayStation without cross-save (which is also baffling). Why would I buy a PS5 for this game lmfao?...

Saber

Are we really not going to know the four star characters on the next banner before this banner ends? I've heard that there are no four stars on the next banner, but that just doesn't sound right from a business perspective. Is there definitive proof that's actually true?

The only thing I know it has the 5 star geo and Sacarose. It can't have the cryo demon female because shes planned for later according to them.

Last edited:
The only thing I know it has the 5 star geo and Sacarose. It can't have the cryo demon female because shes planned for later according to them.
Sucrose is in the advertising for the new update because the five star on the next banner is her mentor. Have the developers confirmed that she'll be on the banner?

Sucrose was already on Klee's banner, right? I guess they could just put her on again, but it feels like it'd be too soon to repeat characters.

They're at the point where they have to start repeating characters. Every four star other than Bennett has been on a banner already.
Really? What about the basic characters like Amber and Lisa? I'm pretty sure those haven't shown up yet. I don't think that'd be a very exciting banner, but at least it'd be something different.

Really? What about the basic characters like Amber and Lisa? I'm pretty sure those haven't shown up yet. I don't think that'd be a very exciting banner, but at least it'd be something different.

That is true. The three starter characters haven't been on a banner either. Either way, with two five stars coming up on two banners, something is going to have to change, or we're going to see repeats of at least a couple of four stars.

AlexxKidd

It’s not that serious...I’ll just wait on the Switch version instead of being locked into PlayStation without cross-save (which is also baffling). Why would I buy a PS5 for this game lmfao?...

Glad I upgraded to PS5, game runs as smooth as butter now. The frames on that PS4 version can get jumpy. I shutter to think what you're gonna be dealing with playing a Switch version when it releases in god knows when.

I was pulling in the Zhongli banner and got Mona as the 75th pull. Is she any good? Also was pulling in the standard banner and got a 5* polearm/spear weapon for my 30th pull. Do they count towards pity reset?

e&e

Banned
Glad I upgraded to PS5, game runs as smooth as butter now. The frames on that PS4 version can get jumpy. I shutter to think what you're gonna be dealing with playing a Switch version when it releases in god knows when.
Doesn’t bother me, it runs on phone . It will run on Switch fine...

BlackM1st

Banned
I was pulling in the Zhongli banner and got Mona as the 75th pull. Is she any good? Also was pulling in the standard banner and got a 5* polearm/spear weapon for my 30th pull. Do they count towards pity reset?
Yeah, she has an amazing ass. Worth it.

She can also sprint in water if you care about such unimportant details.

x@3f*oo_e!

Mmmmm Bennet is kinda cool.

Btw, Paimon questions is over?
Supposed to be three days but I only got one .. on PS4 I think you were supposed to use the original mail each day (since it's a weblink)- they didn't send new ones. It's over though.

Top Bottom