• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

deanote666

Icymanipulator Icymanipulator - See this banner below? Do NOT roll this banner. It's one of the worst weapon banners we've had in a while, and that's saying something with as bad as they've been.

ft9b3dijw1db1.jpg
vVEdfU3.gif

Ya Promare was kinda gay huh ? Lol

First time my gf and I watched it we saw it on an IMax screen, and it was so overwhelming visually there were times where it was hard to make sense of what was happening.

Also, the first time I watched it I thought Lio was a girl 😅

I feel like the collab would make more sense in impact 3rd, it’s coming to Genshin? Why?

Gonna likely pull on the Kokomi banner. The 4* are all new to me and look good, and Barbara is my only healer still. I might put some money into the game for the Zongli rerun. General rule is I usually don’t spend money beyond small value/sale bundles here and there. But occasionally I will set myself a limit being equal to the cost of a game, so right around $60 give or take $10, which would be no different then buying a new game. I think this game has earned that higher amount with the time I’ve spent in it so far, and I’m still massively enjoying it. Wouldn’t blink twice at dropping some money for what I’ve already gotten.

Pejo

But occasionally I will set myself a limit being equal to the cost of a game, so right around $60 give or take $10, which would be no different then buying a new game. I think this game has earned that higher amount with the time I’ve spent in it so far, and I’m still massively enjoying it. Wouldn’t blink twice at dropping some money for what I’ve already gotten.
Falling Down Ice GIF

I've also spent money in the past but just be careful and judicious with your purchases. Gacha games as a genre are built to prey on spending weaknesses.

Falling Down Ice GIF

I've also spent money in the past but just be careful and judicious with your purchases. Gacha games as a genre are built to prey on spending weaknesses.
Well, in my defense, I’ve never gone over a limit I’ve set. So there’s that. 😎

Edit. Pejo Pejo
In Brave Exvius just under 2 years I spent about $15

In DFOO in just over 2 years I spent ~$25

In marvel snap I’ve bought 3 of the season passes since I started playing, skipped months that had cards I didn’t like, so that’s about $30, but I also make way more money now and it’s a fun game.

I also bought some stuff in record keeper, I can barely remember, under $10 some kind of bundle deal.

And the last thing that comes to mind was Hearthstone, which I bought an expansion once, and some welcome/value bundle so probably around $30 there

Don’t regret any of those purchases, for the time I put into those various games over the years, the sum of money I spent was paltry.

I’m mostly “f2p” (many, many, games I didn’t list that I spent $0 on) but I also recognize a value when I see it, and weigh any money spent against time played and my level of potential continued interest. I don’t mind supporting a dev with some actual dollars if 1. The game is fun and I’m having a genuinely good time and 2. The money spent is some kind of deal and provides above average value, welcome bundles, summer/winter/new years deals, ect or bonus stuff like first purchase deals giving you double or bonus value.

But I hear you for sure. I’ve seen the horror stories online of people not being able to pay bills, or stealing money from friends/family/ partners to pay for some digital shit. That’s a kind of subhuman behavior in my book.

Of course the desire to have all the newest characters and best weapons in a game is real, but unless you’re a whale (and can afford to whale) you have to make peace with what you get. Which is actually a part of gacha that I like… not everyone’s game will be the same. I’ll have different characters from you, and someone else will have different characters firm both of us, and on it goes. That makes the game experience unique to each player. It might not be the “best” save file, but it’s MY save file. I like knowing that my file is unique.

It makes me think of Skyrim back in the day where after my first play through I stopped crafting because it breaks the game and made chests worthless and unexciting. On EVERY subsequent play through (of which there were many) I would only use what I got from quests and chests. Was it the best stuff? Hell no! Oololol but it was MY stuff, unique to that play through , and it made every piece of gear I found an exciting moment. Most files I never even got daedric gear 🤣 but my ebony mix sets were badass imo.

Last edited:

Pejo

Apparently they took survey feedback that the eremites and the consecrated beasts were too hard, look at this "combat" we're about to get in Fontaine.

deanote666

Gonna likely pull on the Kokomi banner. The 4* are all new to me and look good, and Barbara is my only healer still. I might put some money into the game for the Zongli rerun. General rule is I usually don’t spend money beyond small value/sale bundles here and there. But occasionally I will set myself a limit being equal to the cost of a game, so right around $60 give or take $10, which would be no different then buying a new game. I think this game has earned that higher amount with the time I’ve spent in it so far, and I’m still massively enjoying it. Wouldn’t blink twice at dropping some money for what I’ve already gotten.
0o4almY.gif

You had to know one day I'd come crawling back. Well, today is the day!

Seriously though, I have a few friends who have been asking me to play Genshin for about a month now, and I've finally agreed to join them. I never did play much multiplayer when I was playing. So, I guess I'll be the one asking the questions now, if any of you can help me get some answers.

There are two promo banners now? So what happened to my old pity? Does pity get shared across the two banners?

Who are the current must have "breaks the game / easy mode" 4 and 5 stars to look out for?

Is multiplayer still as limited as it ever was when it comes to not sharing resources when exploring and such, or did the developers make any multiplayer improvements since around the time that 2.0 launched?

Any other things I should know about? Any big changes since 2.0 that I should know about?

When is 4.0 supposed to be released?

What about that new RPG game from the same developer? What is the multiplayer like in that game?

Aside from all that, I just wanted to say thank you all for keeping this thread alive. I've not seen many communities on the internet that can fairly heavily criticize and complain about a game that is still admittedly fun and enjoyable, and not have that community turn into toxic bickering and constant arguments. Looking at the last page or so, you are all still as chill as the day I stopped playing, and I respect it.

Pejo

You had to know one day I'd come crawling back. Well, today is the day!
Renovate Channel 9 GIF by The Block

Seriously though, I have a few friends who have been asking me to play Genshin for about a month now, and I've finally agreed to join them. I never did play much multiplayer when I was playing. So, I guess I'll be the one asking the questions now, if any of you can help me get some answers.

There are two promo banners now? So what happened to my old pity? Does pity get shared across the two banners?
Yea they're doing double banners at all times now. Pity is split between them, carries over to next double banners. Weapon banner has a pity mechanic of its own now. (it's still a bad idea to pull on it). Standard banner got a few new 5*s added in, but still functionally the same.
Who are the current must have "breaks the game / easy mode" 4 and 5 stars to look out for?
All 3 Archons, Zhongli, Nahida, Raiden Shogun. After that there's a ton of options for various team types. Dendro was released as a new element in 3.0 and is very powerful with Electro and Hydro. 4*s have been almost universally shit after the strong launch 4* units, with some exceptions such as Shinobu and a few with high constellations. Kokomi is up in a week or so, she's one of the best healers and Hydro applicators in the game, good for a returning player in current meta.
Is multiplayer still as limited as it ever was when it comes to not sharing resources when exploring and such, or did the developers make any multiplayer improvements since around the time that 2.0 launched?
Yea, there are still some things you CAN do and some things you CAN'T do in multiplayer. I haven't tried it in a long ass time since my RL friends quit playing, so idk exactly how that's playing out these days.
Any other things I should know about? Any big changes since 2.0 that I should know about?
There's been lots of changes, new mechanics, a few QoL improvements. A few more are coming in 4.0 as well. Here's a link where you can click the specific version to get a quick overview of what was added in each patch:

https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Version

If you have questions about anything specifically, let us know.
When is 4.0 supposed to be released?
4.0 is the next patch, so sometime in August. Fontaine, the Hydro themed nation is up next. It looks mainly unimpressive to me personally, but the big new gimmicks are underwater gameplay and some sort of light/dark attack mechanic.
What about that new RPG game from the same developer? What is the multiplayer like in that game?
Star Rail? There is no multiplayer yet, you can borrow characters from friends for the daily grind. It's almost an exact copy paste from Genshin's progression system with a smaller scale story so far and turn based battle instead of action RPG. I wouldn't recommend it at this point in the game's life.
Aside from all that, I just wanted to say thank you all for keeping this thread alive. I've not seen many communities on the internet that can fairly heavily criticize and complain about a game that is still admittedly fun and enjoyable, and not have that community turn into toxic bickering and constant arguments. Looking at the last page or so, you are all still as chill as the day I stopped playing, and I respect it.
We lost a few good people along the way due to getting sick of the direction of the game (and a few bans), but I'm hoping Evilore will move us out of Communities for a while when 4.0 drops. I plan to message him about it when we have a hard date. I think a lot of people on GAF probably play Genshin but either don't think to check Communities or know there's a thread here for it.

Have Lyney animations leaked?

Pejo

Not exactly my cup of tea, but animation wise they look cool.
I'm actually really excited for Lynette. We get her for free in 4.0 and she's basically budget Anemo Yelan. Yelan is one of my favorite characters from a gameplay standpoint, so more is great.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I'm actually really excited for Lynette. We get her for free in 4.0 and she's basically budget Anemo Yelan. Yelan is one of my favorite characters from a gameplay standpoint, so more is great.
I also saw some gameplay for Arlecchino... If that's real, she looks dope as hell.

Need help, anyone know where are those?
I'm pretty sure the chest is inside the room with the theater stage. I believe you have to interact with a hidden droplet there to get access to it. Not too sure about that other thing. I want to say there was a platform on the outside of the tree where it's floating.

SSfox

I'm pretty sure the chest is inside the room with the theater stage. I believe you have to interact with a hidden droplet there to get access to it. Not too sure about that other thing. I want to say there was a platform on the outside of the tree where it's floating.
You mean this room with those blue guys? Bruh i talked to one and i was stuck to him with a 5 minutes dialogues and run away. Thanks i'll try this

EDIT: Ok just found them, both were in the same room with the BIG TV Projector on, i just didn't looked properly when i entered in earlier

Last edited:

Pejo

That chest on the platform in that room was my last chest also. Cheeky bugger.
Yea same actually. I never found the "proper" way to get to it either, I just climbed the roof in that same room and floated over.

I really appreciate that they added the icons once you hit that collection threshold, since it's a limited-time area. I don't think I'd want it in the main world because then it's like Ubishit games with icons littering everything, making it feel even more like a chore. I wouldn't mind if the outside world treasure compasses worked like the early iteration of the gadget though, where it shows all of the icons in a small circle around the player for a short time. The current treasure compasses are pretty worthless and they don't even point at hidden chests or puzzles.

JlHIztt.jpg

The newest addition to the roster. Been spending my blue wishes every 3, too hard to wait for ten, and 1 is just unsatisfying.

So she’s a “bad” Nun eh? 😻

I also had no idea this character even existed so this was a nice surprise lol

Last edited:
JlHIztt.jpg

The newest addition to the roster. Been spending my blue wishes every 3, too hard to wait for ten, and 1 is just unsatisfying.

You should have seen her before her multiple breast reductions.

Last edited:

Pejo

JlHIztt.jpg

I'm impressed, I thought all of the official art for her was the censored costume now. Good stuff.

By the way, she's a really good Cryo support and applicator, and I use her as a physical DPS carry, BUT, you pretty much need R5 Crescent Pike (ugliest spear in the game) to make that build work. It's a craft-able 4* spear, in case you're interested in trying that build out. If I get some free time later I'll post a vid of me killing something with that team.

It's funny that you, like me, seem to have an affinity for Physical based characters, which is usually the worst damage type in the game due to reactions causing so much "free" damage and physical not being able to really take advantage of them.

You should have seen her before her multiple breast reductions.
Still hurts tbh. They even took away her cool spear kick animation in her weapon screen. Also, there's some vampire twink boi that's going to release in 4.x that scares the shit out of her and is the one that keeps her in line in Mondstadt. Just to further ruin her character if you still happen to like her despite MHY's best efforts.

deanote666

Mixed feelings on pulling Eula's sword... Was kind of hoping for the book for Klee...

Now I need to rebuild Eula since she was using Serpent Spine, 2pc Blood, 2pc Pale.

Fuz

Banned
Still hurts tbh. They even took away her cool spear kick animation in her weapon screen. Also, there's some vampire twink boi that's going to release in 4.x that scares the shit out of her and is the one that keeps her in line in Mondstadt. Just to further ruin her character if you still happen to like her despite MHY's best efforts.
Oh? Who's that?

I'm impressed, I thought all of the official art for her was the censored costume now. Good stuff.

By the way, she's a really good Cryo support and applicator, and I use her as a physical DPS carry, BUT, you pretty much need R5 Crescent Pike (ugliest spear in the game) to make that build work. It's a craft-able 4* spear, in case you're interested in trying that build out. If I get some free time later I'll post a vid of me killing something with that team.

It's funny that you, like me, seem to have an affinity for Physical based characters, which is usually the worst damage type in the game due to reactions causing so much "free" damage and physical not being able to really take advantage of them.

The game seems bound and determined to load me up with cryo characters. Could be worse, I don’t mind being ice king lol

Pejo

Oh? Who's that?
All the links I had for the old leaks are 404'd, so I don't have a picture. He basically was wearing a tabard and had wavy blonde/white hair.
It's not that bad, there's actually much worse (like the BP spear).
You can also use the Dragonspine Spear for a phys build.
The Dragonspine spear matches Rosaria's aesthetic really well, but it does far less damage than a maxed Crescent.

The game seems bound and determined to load me up with cryo characters. Could be worse, I don’t mind being ice king lol
To be fair, Cryo has the most characters out of any element in the game.

New leaks, makes me very happy for once.

orIEhYw.jpg

Pejo

I did a new quest of the last desert map yesterday it was pretty nice quest.
Yea after the sandstorm/tornado desert area (the worst area we've gotten in 3.x in my opinion), they really nailed the landing with the Sorush area. Visually interesting and distinct, interesting puzzles, good if not great storyline. Sorush being a pissy little thing was fun for me too. I still liked Liloupar better as a companion but her storyline was literally the only good thing about the sandstorm area. Well and Apep, but that was only for like 20 seconds.

On Star Rail:
My gf got Blade and now I’m wondering if I can get lucky too, but I’m scared because then I probably won’t get Kafka, ugh. Her luck in this game is unreal.

Pejo

Ok damn. The teapot is super cool, I spent wAAAAY to much time setting everything up, but man that’s really neat, what a nice addition. Also some decent rewards
There's an overly annoying and complex system that you can type in numbers somehow to copy somebody else's teapot too, if somebody makes something that you like. I tried it once and it was the most obtuse system I've ever seen in a videogame so never again.

Also, whoever designed the multiple "games" where you have to hit slimes into the goal should be moved to janitor duty at MHY. That shit isn't fun and its so slow.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz
Kokomi is up in a week or so, she's one of the best healers and Hydro applicators in the game, good for a returning player in current meta.
I hate how little damage Qiqi does, and how hard it is to apply ice to enemies with her, but I also hate not having a healer on my team. Because of this, I think you're right, and she's probably going to be the first character I try to get.

What four star main DPS options would you suggest pairing her with?

deanote666

Just realized I no longer have to fight any weekly bosses before Sumeru anymore since I have enough of the drops.

Means I can go back to picking on Tartaglia again!

deanote666

I hate how little damage Qiqi does, and how hard it is to apply ice to enemies with her, but I also hate not having a healer on my team. Because of this, I think you're right, and she's probably going to be the first character I try to get.

She'll probably be in your party the majority of the time.

The most she'll probably be on the field is to drop her jellyfish so anyone that reacts with hydro is good. The jellyfish has good hydro application so cryo characters can keep freezing while that's going. Dendro cores will also be plentiful.

Last edited:

Pejo

There's a new artifact set that helps Qiqi out tremendously, at least for damage. Ocean Hued Clam is pretty good for any healer that doesn't use either EM or Milelith sets to give you an extra bit of damage just by healing naturally. I also recommend keeping an eye out for Kuki Shinobu when she reruns on a banner. In my opinion, she's the best 4* since 1.x and works in a ton of teams and can fill in the healer slot on a lot of different team types.
Hydro is probably the best element in the game as far as fitting in with other elements, so as deanote666 deanote666 mentioned she works in Freeze teams, Dendro core teams, Electro-charged taser teams, she even does ok in Pyro/Hydro vape teams and Burgeon teams.

You should get a free 4* Collei for doing those tutorial reaction missions in the quest book, if I remember, so she's a great "starter" Dendro character. Pair her with Kokomi and Fischl and you can use whatever you want for that last spot and it will do good reaction damage as long as you go ham on Elemental Mastery artifacts and weapons (where possible).

FaDPyIU.jpg

Only came up here to make a wish (I have strange wish rituals) noticed you could sit and BAM a trophy pops lol pretty cool, didn’t get anything from the wishes but this was a cool little thing that made me smile.

In other news, I tried punishing gray raven, after 30 mins I was like nope. Think Honkai Impact 3rd is better. Hate how they set up the controller in PGR. Was just wondering what other f2p games were out there. I’ve heard of Aether Grazer? But apparently there’s no PC version ?
Can’t play action or fast paced games on my phone, it can run them but I don’t like the feeling of pressing buttons on a glass surface. Need that tactile response that physical buttons give.

I’ve also heard of Withering Waves? I hear it’s a Genshin clone? But again…. No PC or Console version ?

Any other notable games you guys know of that are on PC/console? I know tower of fantasy comes out soon for console, and I’ll be checking that out.

I have nothing against phone games, but it has to be turned based or strategy style . I actually think menu driven games are far superior with a touch interface, which makes phones perfect for them. Played through Final Fantasy Tactics last year on my phone and thought it was a perfect fit for mobile.

EDIT
oh ya forgot to mention, watched a BUNCH of stuff for ZZZ, (zenless zone zero) and damn that game looks like it’s going to be AMAZING. hopefully it launches with a PC/console port day1.

Last edited:

deanote666

FaDPyIU.jpg

Only came up here to make a wish (I have strange wish rituals) noticed you could sit and BAM a trophy pops lol pretty cool, didn’t get anything from the wishes but this was a cool little thing that made me smile.

In other news, I tried punishing gray raven, after 30 mins I was like nope. Think Honkai Impact 3rd is better. Hate how they set up the controller in PGR. Was just wondering what other f2p games were out there. I’ve heard of Aether Grazer? But apparently there’s no PC version ?
Can’t play action or fast paced games on my phone, it can run them but I don’t like the feeling of pressing buttons on a glass surface. Need that tactile response that physical buttons give.

I’ve also heard of Withering Waves? I hear it’s a Genshin clone? But again…. No PC or Console version ?

Any other notable games you guys know of that are on PC/console? I know tower of fantasy comes out soon for console, and I’ll be checking that out.

I have nothing against phone games, but it has to be turned based or strategy style . I actually think menu driven games are far superior with a touch interface, which makes phones perfect for them. Played through Final Fantasy Tactics last year on my phone and thought it was a perfect fit for mobile.

EDIT
oh ya forgot to mention, watched a BUNCH of stuff for ZZZ, (zenless zone zero) and damn that game looks like it’s going to be AMAZING. hopefully it launches with a PC/console port day1.
As a mobile only player since 1.0, I haven't had any problems playing on my phone. Archer aim can be tricky but that's the only drawback.

Also, Kokomi's healing is tied to her HP so you'll want HP artifacts on her.

Okay, Tower of Fantasy looks a LOT like Genshin. This is a straight rip-off, but is it any good? I'm guessing it was talked about in this thread already, but what's the deal here? Is the multiplayer better than Genshin?

[edit] And now that I've actually read the posts above me, it looks like I'm not the only one curious about this game.

Last edited:

Pejo

I think PGR's gameplay is the best of the bunch. The PC Version is relatively new, and it took me a while to get a controller mapping that worked with the game's ping system, but after doing that it plays like a dream. I use a Dualsense for PC gaming, so I mapped Dodge to X, Attack to O, Ult to Triangle, then use L1, R1, L2, R2 as the ping positions. Holding Square and hitting L1-R2 will do the next 4 ping positions. It takes a bit of muscle memory do hit the right buttons but it's really good after that. They announced a bunch of stuff in CN version which is like 6 months ahead that is going to be awesome.
WW is made by the PGR devs. It's not even out yet, but it will have a PC version. General feedback from beta testers is that the combat is better than Genshin but everything else is worse.
Tower of Fantasy is AGGRESSIVELY monetized and P2W. It's a fun enough game for free, but it falls short of Genshin by a huge amount in variety and quality of content. The devs have some cool ideas but are absolutely inept at times and the game suffers for it. I played it for 6 months and dropped out after I couldn't take the monetization, bugs, horrible performance, and other issues. I am pretty forgiving with that stuff usually, but when they just don't address the issues for months on end in order to bring out more pay goods, it got a little much for me. They actually introduced an underwater swimming world (without fart bubble censorship on the asses) before Genshin did, but it was so damn buggy and awful when I tried it, it was one of the reasons I quit.

I've been playing Honkai Impact 3 for like 6 years now, and it's mostly great. The story took a huge nosedive over the past year though when they handed the scenario writing over to a new guy. He's been poison for the game, according to most long term players. Still, there's always a huge variety of content and the battle system is fun. And they don't censor the females to hell and back like in their other games. I dunno your desire/limit for waifu games, but Nikke: Goddess of Victory is currently the best gacha game I play, and it's got a PC version. Amazing soundtrack, fun shooter gameplay, lots of fanservice, really well written stories with a variety of tones and themes, and the devs have responded very positively to player feedback. But it's extremely heavy on T&A which turns off a lot of gamers with "modern day values". (I think it's better for gatekeeping them out though, since they inevitably make things less fun)
Only downside to ZZZ is that it's rogue-like. The animations are out of this world good, but I just don't know if I can give MHY even more of my time every day.

Okay, Tower of Fantasy looks a LOT like Genshin. This is a straight rip-off, but is it any good? I'm guessing it was talked about in this thread already, but what's the deal here?

Presidential Debate Dont GIF by Election 2016

I think PGR's gameplay is the best of the bunch. The PC Version is relatively new, and it took me a while to get a controller mapping that worked with the game's ping system, but after doing that it plays like a dream. I use a Dualsense for PC gaming, so I mapped Dodge to X, Attack to O, Ult to Triangle, then use L1, R1, L2, R2 as the ping positions. Holding Square and hitting L1-R2 will do the next 4 ping positions. It takes a bit of muscle memory do hit the right buttons but it's really good after that. They announced a bunch of stuff in CN version which is like 6 months ahead that is going to be awesome.

WW is made by the PGR devs. It's not even out yet, but it will have a PC version. General feedback from beta testers is that the combat is better than Genshin but everything else is worse.

Tower of Fantasy is AGGRESSIVELY monetized and P2W. It's a fun enough game for free, but it falls short of Genshin by a huge amount in variety and quality of content. The devs have some cool ideas but are absolutely inept at times and the game suffers for it. I played it for 6 months and dropped out after I couldn't take the monetization, bugs, horrible performance, and other issues. I am pretty forgiving with that stuff usually, but when they just don't address the issues for months on end in order to bring out more pay goods, it got a little much for me. They actually introduced an underwater swimming world (without fart bubble censorship on the asses) before Genshin did, but it was so damn buggy and awful when I tried it, it was one of the reasons I quit.

I've been playing Honkai Impact 3 for like 6 years now, and it's mostly great. The story took a huge nosedive over the past year though when they handed the scenario writing over to a new guy. He's been poison for the game, according to most long term players. Still, there's always a huge variety of content and the battle system is fun. And they don't censor the females to hell and back like in their other games. I dunno your desire/limit for waifu games, but Nikke: Goddess of Victory is currently the best gacha game I play, and it's got a PC version. Amazing soundtrack, fun shooter gameplay, lots of fanservice, really well written stories with a variety of tones and themes, and the devs have responded very positively to player feedback. But it's extremely heavy on T&A which turns off a lot of gamers with "modern day values". (I think it's better for gatekeeping them out though, since they inevitably make things less fun)

Only downside to ZZZ is that it's rogue-like. The animations are out of this world good, but I just don't know if I can give MHY even more of my time every day.

Presidential Debate Dont GIF by Election 2016
Nice, thanks for the detailed response.

Maybe I will give PGR another shot. I was freaking out at first because you can’t change the settings until after the prologue and was like…. Ugh this isn’t gonna happen on my laptop lololol then finally was able to change things and just didn’t jive with the default set up on controller. Maybe will reinstall later this week and give it a few hours this time and see what happens.

Impact 3rd is the game I spent the least time with with, so some dailies, look at the cool batttle suits, do a couple missions. Log out.

Genshin is number 1 followed closely by Star Rail. I don’t mind ZZZ being rougelike, I will def give it a try once it drops.

I will also look into Nikke too.

Good shit man

EDIT
Looked up gameplay for Nikke
The fan service is great, love it, wonderful! Some of these other games could do with a bit more imo 😅
the gameplay though…. Not what I’m looking for sadly.

Last edited:

Pejo

Nice, thanks for the detailed response.

Maybe I will give PGR another shot. I was freaking out at first because you can’t change the settings until after the prologue and was like…. Ugh this isn’t gonna happen on my laptop lololol then finally was able to change things and just didn’t jive with the default set up on controller. Maybe will reinstall later this week and give it a few hours this time and see what happens.
The last thing I want to do is make people play more gacha games, but it's a legitimately fun game that actually rewards skilled gameplay instead of depending on grinding and spending to get you past thresholds. Plus the PC version is crazy optimized and will run on a toaster. The story starts off kinda wordy and boring but I hear it gets good. I usually skip it because I started skipping around chapter 3 and didn't want to go back and read everything, so now I don't care. Some of the boss fights are really inventive though the characters' designs and movesets are great, at least to my tastes.
Impact 3rd is the game I spent the least time with with, so some dailies, look at the cool batttle suits, do a couple missions. Log out.
The story was the draw for me for the first few years. Their events are great though. They did a Fall Guys ripoff event a few patches ago, then a bejeweled event, and they've had all sorts of minigames throughout. I wish they'd fire the new story guy though, he made a mess of things really badly by turning everything into a bunch of pseudo-science mumbo jumbo that literally nobody cares about or understands, in an effort to look high IQ or something. It's literally a game about girls in their underwear fighting monsters and stuff, they don't need to bring Plancks constant and bubble universes and quantum space into it at all, but they do.
Looked up gameplay for Nikke
The fan service is great, love it, wonderful! Some of these other games could do with a bit more imo 😅
the gameplay though…. Not what I’m looking for sadly.
That's a shame, I really enjoy the gameplay, it's like Duck Hunt/Timecop with anime tiddies. It's got a pretty intelligent/effective auto mode for easy stuff and dailies, but the bosses require strategy and execution on taking down adds/weak spots/etc that makes it legitimately fun. Some of the best writing I've experience in years too, which can get sufficiently dark in parts. To each their own though.

I only just finished the quest that activates the Dendro dragon boss. Pretty dumb of me. Could've gathered a lot of materials and billets all these weeks. Oh well.
Did you forget about it or not know about it or?

I think it's got the best boss theme yet, particularly the final phase (which you barely get to hear because all of the bosses except Raiden Shogun are piss easy).

Pretty good Dehya cosplay. At least she nailed the hair vents instead of just doing cat ears and calling it a day.

Last edited:
Did you forget about it or not know about it or?

I think it's got the best boss theme yet, particularly the final phase (which you barely get to hear because all of the bosses except Raiden Shogun are piss easy).
I remember seeing it in one of the live shows, but just kinda forgot about it. I recently started thinking how weird it was that Sumeru only had one weekly boss. Then I just happened to do the related quest to clean things up before Fontaine and found out that way.

I liked the music too, but as you said its ass was beat so fast that I didn't catch much of it. Interesting concept for a boss too, with a pretty cool design. One of the better ones I think.

Fuz

Banned
Tower of Fantasy is decent. I enjoy it but they have less money than Genshin and it shows. It does a few thing better than Genshin (grapple...) and many worse. But it's enjoyable and the monetization is not that bad.
Pejo Pejo : btw, there's a summer PvP minigame that's actually fun and I even played a few games after capping the points. Apparently they stole it from Mario Party. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Pretty good Dehya cosplay. At least she nailed the hair vents instead of just doing cat ears and calling it a day.
she fat toh

Last edited:
Top Bottom