• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Georgia special election heads to runoff as Ossoff earns 48% of vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Rob Quist's emails are virtually identical.

The emails I get from both are insanely moronic. Constantly referring to news "JUST ANNOUNCED" that is little more than a two-week old quote. "Nobody saw this coming..." which is just a rally email about how we "stepped up" to donate. Bizarre self-defeating email titles like "it's over" or "we lost" before asking for more money.

Obviously I support both candidates and do donate, but whoever is in charge of these emails should be electrocuted.

Yep, these mailing lists are excruciating. I unsubbed from Quist's the other day and in the "explain why" field wrote about how fucking annoying, poorly written, and utterly hysterical these emails are.

Really hope he wins. I want to start taking over these house seats so we can really stop Trump's agenda.

L7TGgyS.jpg

Speaking of!

Man, that one from Quinst is just like straight fuck you lol

Are those emails actually from them? I got a bunch that looked very suspect and seemed unusual so I didn't even open them.

Yeah they look shady as hell. Sometimes the subject lines are just 1 word. Its super doom and gloom URGENT ACT NOW. Really annoying but I guess it worked.

Rob Quist's emails are virtually identical.

The emails I get from both are insanely moronic. Constantly referring to news "JUST ANNOUNCED" that is little more than a two-week old quote. "Nobody saw this coming..." which is just a rally email about how we "stepped up" to donate. Bizarre self-defeating email titles like "it's over" or "we lost" before asking for more money.

Obviously I support both candidates and do donate, but whoever is in charge of these emails should be electrocuted.

Lol, glad I'm not the only one thinking that. I get they're trying to go for urgency and all, but it's overdone and way too often.

The worst was the "WOW THANK YOU! WE REACHED 1 MILLION DONATIONS!!!" followed by "! Lost for good". Like bruh. I guess these emails worked since the stupid subject lines did get me to click and open the emails. But damn bro theres gotta be a way to be urgent without overdoing it.

I guess self defeating / doom gets people to act immediately?

Ganhyun

of note, the guy in charge of Georgia's 7th district (the other area getting hammered by the Ossoff and Handel ads) had a telephone town hall last Thursday. I wonder how it went. I didnt get to attend as I was working late.

Pyrokai

Just saw that early voting starts today. Go vote, GA 6th! Getting every human you know with a pulse that is registered to go vote as well.

We'll be voting early after work tomorrow and hoping for the best.

I'm getting annoyed by the random texts from the Ossoff campaign folks, asking when I'm voting, or when I'm sending in my mail-in ballot application, etc., but there's no way it will affect our votes.

I want to be optimistic, but Dems can't seem to get a win these days.

Anyways, get off your lazy bums and go vote people!

We lost Montana, but we flipped two state house seats that had never had a Democrat elected to them before, so that's something.

I went ahead and gave my last donation to Ossoff's campaign. Hoping for the best, preparing for a lose.

AndyD

aka andydumi
We visited family and friends in Atlanta suburbs over the weekend and I was surprised to see signs for both throughout neighborhoods. In the past it's been more area by area when elections came, but now it's house by house it seems.

And it also struck me how both sides have ads calling the other "dangerous/paid for" and playing up the fear aspect. No positive ads at all.

We visited family and friends in Atlanta suburbs over the weekend and I was surprised to see signs for both throughout neighborhoods. In the past it's been more area by area when elections came, but now it's house by house it seems.

And it also struck me how both sides have ads calling the other "dangerous/paid for" and playing up the fear aspect. No positive ads at all.

That's all the PACs doing the negative ads. It's hilarious how the NRCC and CLF whine about outside money coming in, but there has to be a ton they are spending on ads, flyers, etc.

Ossoff himself has only run positive ads about his message, and I've seen one Handel ad that she talks about how she lives here, which is about the only truthful positive thing she can say.

That's all the PACs doing the negative ads. It's hilarious how the NRCC and CLF whine about outside money coming in, but there has to be a ton they are spending on ads, flyers, etc.

Ossoff himself has only run positive ads about his message, and I've seen one Handel ad that she talks about how she lives here, which is about the only truthful positive thing she can say.

Lol

RPGCrazied

No healthcare attack ads? Why? Do they not care about their health in Georgia?

There is an Ossoff radio ad specifically talking about Handel wasting state money.

Government waste seems to be the issue he is advertising most most about.

I just read that Karen Handel spot about her "Christian beliefs" that makes it OK for her to push for a law that bans gay couples from adopting. She's a piece of shit, and it infuriates me that a lot of the VPs that I support in Atlanta donated thousands to her campaign.

Disagree. That CBO scoring makes it the right demo to hit him with moderate Rs on.

????

Lots of them will lose healthcare under this plan. Its unavoidable.

More likely that they don't care, or won't believe it until it happens. Even then they will blame Democrats.

That, and with how well off the area is, there's a lot of belief that what they have won't see any or much change except for having those cheap premiums like before.

He has, I'm pretty sure.

Not to my knowledge. Not what I've seen on TV or heard on the radio, but I'm not in the car on a regular basis.

Buckle

We'll be voting early after work tomorrow and hoping for the best.

I'm getting annoyed by the random texts from the Ossoff campaign folks, asking when I'm voting, or when I'm sending in my mail-in ballot application, etc., but there's no way it will affect our votes.
*bro fist*

Wish I could vote myself, I live close but not close enough apparently.

Not to my knowledge. Not what I've seen on TV or heard on the radio, but I'm not in the car on a regular basis.

You may be right. I know he's sent a ton of e-mails out about it when looking for donations, so I assumed he had used it in ads or something. I don't live in the area.

Sephzilla

I really hope Ossoff wins this. I'm probably being a tad too optimistic but I think Ossoff winning this might be the first sign to the GOP that they might be in trouble, which could potentially start a domino effect of people turning on Trump

Atlagev

Yeah they look shady as hell. Sometimes the subject lines are just 1 word. Its super doom and gloom URGENT ACT NOW. Really annoying but I guess it worked.

The worst was the "WOW THANK YOU! WE REACHED 1 MILLION DONATIONS!!!" followed by "! Lost for good". Like bruh. I guess these emails worked since the stupid subject lines did get me to click and open the emails. But damn bro theres gotta be a way to be urgent without overdoing it.

I guess self defeating / doom gets people to act immediately?

"Carville" just emailed me about Ossoff:

"IT’S ME AGAIN!

You better buckle up because I’m coming for your $5 bucks!

We have a chance RIGHT NOW to win the Georgia Special Election and defeat Trump!!

BUT -- this race could flip on a dime. If we sit on our butts during the runoff, we could lose everything we’ve worked so hard for."

Watch out! Carville is comin' for your 5 bucks!

"Carville" just emailed me about Ossoff:

"IT’S ME AGAIN!

You better buckle up because I’m coming for your $5 bucks!

We have a chance RIGHT NOW to win the Georgia Special Election and defeat Trump!!

BUT -- this race could flip on a dime. If we sit on our butts during the runoff, we could lose everything we’ve worked so hard for."

Watch out! Carville is comin' for your 5 bucks!

Read in his voice, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom