• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost of Yotei hype check...

Where do you land on Ghost of Yotei?

• Played Ghost of Tsushima. Planning on playing Ghost of Yotei.

• Played Tsushima. Won't play Ghost of Yotei.

• Didn't play Tsushima. Planning on playing Ghost of Yotei.

• Didn't play Tsushima. Won't play Ghost of Yotei.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
960x0.jpg

NeoGAF, where do you fall on Ghost of Yotei?

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Horizon 2 left a real sour taste in my mouth when it came to "map clearers" but I'll definitely play Ghost 2 and just mainline it in a weekend.

Just not spending 60 hours on the platinum. I think the time of me running around an open world map between icons doing everything has passed.

Fbh

Played Tsushima.
I liked it but I wasn't blown away by it, it was a solid 7/10 to me.
I'll play Yotei, but unless they make some big improvements to it I'll wait for a sale or price drop.

StueyDuck

keen because of GoT and how good it was (including the stupidly underrated multiplayer mode, so good)

but will need to see more before i get "hyped"

Puscifer

Horizon 2 left a real sour taste in my mouth when it came to "map clearers" but I'll definitely play Ghost 2 and just mainline it in a weekend.

Just not spending 60 hours on the platinum. I think the time of me running around an open world map between icons doing everything has passed.
Same, I couldn't even finish Horizon and watched an edited movie of the game on YouTube. I'm just so over cinematic games and icon maps

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
Sucker Punch is one of the best studios PS has. I'm sure it'll be fun, and I intend to play it eventually.

But I'm not really hyped. I checked out of the 1st game after completing Act 2. I checked out of Rise of the Ronin after 25 hours or so. This looks like more of the same. No doubt it will be fun, but I'm not getting my expectations up or planning on rushing out to get this. They could show more and change my mind, so who knows.

Magic Carpet

Gold Member
I only played half of GoT up to the point the upper half of the map opened up. I've yet to go back and finish the game.
I Don't think I'm very interested in more of this type of game. It's a very depressing story.

If I do get Yotei I'll only play the main story and skip all the side quests. I think spending my time on side stuff is what burned me out of GoT.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Eagerly waiting to see how much more the twat lead actress makes an ass out of herself before I make a decision.
if anyone at Sony or SP had a brain they would ask her to please not say anything about the game other than, I'm the voice actress and here's where you can buy the game.

fuck i'd have even put it in her contract, cause the slacktavists don't have much horsepower in the ol noggin.

Aenima

Im hyped for a new "Ghost of" game with a new story and in a new era. GoT was one of my favorite games last gen.

ssringo

GoT looked good and all but the formula is just as boring as every other game doing it. Making some of it more cinematic doesn't wow me.

Not at all intrigued by another one.

Dazraell

Well, one thing I learned after Spider-Man 2, Horizon: Forbidden West and God of War Ragnarok is that these first party sequels left me really disappointed and I much preferred their previous entries, so I'm a bit concerned Ghost of Yotei may share this sentiment. I loved Tsushima and want to like Yotei though, so definitely looking forward to see and read more about it

El Muerto

Gold Member
Loved GOT even if though they tried to make it a pretentious kino wannabe Kurosawa movie. Will definitely play Yotei. Just hope it doesnt get boring towards the end like GOT.

Top Bottom