• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyyyyyype.

Appreciate you mentioning the length of time it takes to clear most of the things in the beta.

Trying to budget some solid uninterrupted time tomorrow or Saturday for this.

I did it all alone so I imagine it'll be even shorter with buddies. The missions aren't necessarily long but getting there takes most of your time. Thankfully, you can sprint for as long as you want.

did i see the words base building in your impressions

Well, it's more like upgrading. You unlock a base and then for instance to open the security wing, you'll need to get a particular guy and when you do open the security wing you can upgrade it by getting resources and all by doing security missions for example. Opening and upgrading each wing add onto your set of skills and mods for you to choose from that is associated with that certain wing.

Better or worse than Destiny

I think it's better because it's tactical which encourage more teamwork in whatever you're doing. Also, it's not about "Telling the story about how you got some bull gun" lol

Edit: It seems to have an intriguing story but really can't judge it since we only see a very small slice of it.

I think it's better because it's tactical which encourage more teamwork in whatever you're doing. Also, it's not about "Telling the story about how you got some bull gun" lol

Edit: It seems to have an intriguing story but really can't judge it since we only see a very small slice of it.

Actual gameplay that requires teamwork like in a Destiny Raid but in regular play? Intriguing.

I'm about to go down a deep, deeeeep note-taking hole to try to solve this puzzle in The Witness.

I'm probably vastly overthinking what's required of me... but I need to know.

Actual gameplay that requires teamwork like in a Destiny Raid but in regular play? Intriguing.

It doesn't fuck around if you don't take cover, all of my time playing the game has been behind covers and moving from one to the next. I didn't even try Dark Zone but things there seem even worse since human players can make a chaotic mess of things especially mixed in with A.I lol.

Edit: To be fair though Raids in Destiny are ridiculous in the amount of things they want you to do with your team at the same time but it's nice to see teamwork involved even when it's basic gameplay. I imagine the later missions/DZ stuff will require heavy use of teamwork.

I'm about to go down a deep, deeeeep note-taking hole to try to solve this puzzle in The Witness.

I'm probably vastly overthinking what's required of me... but I need to know.

After finishing the beta, I went back immediately to doing this haha.

FStop7

Banned
A Ubisoft version of Destiny. What could go wrong?

It's crazy how polarized Ubisoft is. I mean one year we get molten hot garbage like AC: Unity. But we also get Far Cry 4. It's feast or famine with their games. They're either great or crap, very little middle ground.

Hopefully good Ubisoft showed up to make The Division.

Dineren

Banned
It doesn't fuck around if you don't take cover, all of my time playing the game has been behind covers and moving from one to the next. I didn't even try Dark Zone but things there seem even worse since human players can make a chaotic mess of things especially mixed in with A.I lol.

This is probably a really stupid question, but how did you select to the story mission singleplayer? In the unfinished it looked like it immediately started matchmaking them when they selected a mission unless I just missed something obvious.

I'm just really glad Massive is making something as big as The Division. World in Conflict is such an incredible and ridiculously underrated RTS.

This is probably a really stupid question, but how did you select to the story mission singleplayer? In the unfinished it looked like it immediately started matchmaking them when they selected a mission unless I just missed something obvious.

The story related missions are the big green icons, they have "Mission" written on it. The smaller icons consist of friends(people from your friend list who are playing the game I'm guessing), encounters and side missions. As soon as you start the game you're dropped into this hub, you could match up with other players/friends or just head outside to do your own thing without anyone else, I'm sure you could match up with buddies even outside? I didn't try but it would seem dumb to me if you couldn't.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wippins

I wonder if I'll every get back into big budget shooters. Interest for me has bottomed out.

I mean, part of why I loved The New Order so much was that it was just a shooter.

I didn't see XP AND RARE MOBS popping up like it feels like every mmo does now

I know a lot of you are over The Witness talk, but I wanted to share a dumb realization that I just had: the
boat that can ferry you around the island
will show you where the "tutorial" areas are
on its map
if you need them. I kept running into puzzles with colored stars and kept hoping I'd blindly stumble upon the tutorials -- and then I checked
the map on the boat and went to the area with the star next to it and presto
. Dumb and obvious, but it helped me a ton.

2819091-mgsv20.jpg

"This looks pretty fun!"

*gameplay looks the opposite of fun*

'_'

So pumped.

Megasoum

Banned
I got a free one for PC from Nvidia. Apparently it's a contest? But I just put in my email and it immediately gave me a key that I plugged into the Division beta site and it added it to my Uplay account.

Ah looks like it expired. Oh well... Looks like I've seen pretty much all the content in the Unfinished anyway.

Fireblend

Banned
just did a huge puzzle in the witness

i've never felt a greater achievement ;-;

I'm 115 puzzles in and the satisfaction of figuring something new out is incredible. It feels like I'm in a constant conversation with the game; whenever I solve a puzzle that's part of a sequence I can almost listen to it go "yeah yeah, well done, now how about this?" as it grins to itself thinking how clever it is.

It's great.

I FUCKING SOLVED IT HAHAHA I'M THE GREATEST

I spent like an hour and a half taking notes on this one goddamn puzzle, turned in for the night, and then an hour later as I'm reading the solution just materializes in my mind.

This is the best video game

Edit: if anyone was curious the puzzle was in the
bunker

LiK

Taxi Driver, Oldboy, Lady Vengenace, The Raid, The Raid 2 -- Dan's holiday movie lineup was strong as hell. Sounds like his girlfriend has good taste.

good selection of movies.

watching Division Unfinished and it looks alright. nice graphics but shooting looks like the same ol' cover based stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom