• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasoum

Banned
Dying Light is on my top 10 list for sure. Just love how that game plays.

Yeah same for me. Had a BLAST playing it all in coop with a friend. We both have the game installed with the season pass installed waiting for the new big expansion coming out soon.

daydream

Banned
Dan said that Taco Bell is objectively better than anything on Mission Street, don't act like he's the reasonable one.

you couldn't pay me to argue that dan's opinions are reasonable

it's a matter of phrasing. he focuses on stating his preferences more than not understanding other preferences. jeff fits that bill way better. it's often in jest, of course, but saying that a certain game/series is enjoyed by "lunatics" is a jeff thing

My 2015 Old Game Of The Year is FarCry 4.

I put about 50 hours into that just a couple months ago. Shit is ridic fun.

So in the thread are we doing our own award for the categories the guys post that day, or just top 10s?

it's about their output, goty lists are dumb, anyway, unless you get a series of highly entertaining podcasts out of it

PowerTaxi

Banned
Nothing more satisfying than coordinating drop kicks with your friend.

Oh, just finished Tales from the Borderlands. That might just go into my top 3. Or I say fuck it and don't have an order.

Did Jeff play Read Only Memories? That aesthetic is the main reason I want to play it. Will probably grab it before the steam sale ends

I didn't think that game scratched that itch at all.

went to two stores and my choices were black or Halo Color (for $10 more)

also my computer didn't recognize the damn thing and you can't download the drivers directly from microsoft so I got it from some shady site so I probably have a bunch of viruses now

off to a great start

Damn, you missed out on that sweet diamond grip.
Also weird, it should just recognize the controller now.

Going by the thread about Greg Miller's Top 10 Games of the Year, Witcher 3 and Bloodborne really are this year's TLoU in terms of fans just feeling the need to shit on anyone who doesn't have any of those games at first place.

And the thread salt is gonna be amazing when neither makes the top 10 for GB :V

Cowboy Bebop for sure.

tumblr_nxr7hapXIB1ukmr73o1_500.gif

Short, sweet and all about the blues set in space.

Lijik

I wanna get around and actually finish it before i suggest it but i think California Crisis would meet Jeffs criteria.
Its only 45 minutes long so thats a huge plus

The Talos Principle is my 2014's 2015 GOTY. If I would have played it last year it would have been on my list and I would have bitched that the duders didn't really mention it. Great game, cheap on Steam now too by the way.

han-solo-annoyed_zps6b6450ee.gif

I wouldn't blame him though since people go on and on about it infinitely but it's pretty good especially since it doesn't take alot of your time. 20 or so minute and 25 episodes in total all about bounty hunters in space with some fine ass jazzy tunes riding badass space ships.

I guess I would recommend Jeff to watch Death Note since its also short but I don't imagine it's his type of thing anyways so what I would say to you Jeff, is you're better off watching
MGScanlon.

The Talos Principle is my 2014's 2015 GOTY. If I would have played it last year it would have been on my list and I would have bitched that the duders didn't really mention it. Great game, cheap on Steam now too by the way.

I really enjoyed the puzzles as someone who typically just tears through puzzle games. they had a good balance of requiring creative thinking without being obtuse.

I kind of thought the whole overarching philosophy plot was flimsy and didn't quite pay off.

but, as a game, fantastic.

Did Jeff play Read Only Memories? That aesthetic is the main reason I want to play it. Will probably grab it before the steam sale ends

Didn't do it for me aesthetically. It's got some standard cyberpunk stuff but it's also absolutely full-on anime in every sense of the word -- basically Bebop but minus any of the cool shit. Jeff wouldn't last five minutes.

yami4ct

The problem with soliciting anime recommendations from the internet is that the internet is terrible at recommending anime. Most of the stuff you're going to get is either A) poorly tailored to the person looking for the recommendation or B) outright bad, but has a huge fanbase (Death Note, Attack on Titan, Code Geass etc.).

Like, there are certain shows I love that I know better to recommend to someone like Jeff. Gintama isn't a show that's going to work for him at all since a large portion of what makes that show works is it riffing on years of shonen and anime history. If you don't have that frame of reference, the subversive parts are going to miss. I also know better than to recommend Mushi-shi, Monster or From the New World. All are great, but clearly not what he's after.

Given what he wants, he should totally be looking at stuff like Bubblegum Crisis, Go Nagi's stuff, maybe some Fist of the North Star (series is probably too long for what he's after, though). GunBuster would be a great thing to look at as well. JoJo gets a bit too much of a push sometimes, but it's fantastic and the very definition of what he's after.

Cowboy Bebop shows up a bit too often in suggestions, but it's there for a reason. It's still one of the greatest pieces of TV I've ever seen. Given that Jeff is looking for that 80s aesthetic, though, I probably wouldn't put it on my list of for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom