• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Anime talk.

tumblr_mo9qq3bgxr1svus96o1_400.png

I tried watching Cowboy Bebop like a year ago and couldn't get past the voice acting. I think I tried the subbed version later and still... nah.

Other than that my only anime experience is Wakakozake and that one Austin mentioned about the cat. Chi's Sweet Home? Yeah. Those are The Good Animes.

Oh also I watched Digimon for a bit as a kid I guess.

TraBuch

Banned
All this anime talk has me browsing Hulu. I used to be an avid watcher a few years ago, but now I'm just starting to get caught up on stuff I missed the last few years.

Also, what's up with some shows having dubs for like five episodes and that's it? I usually watch with subs so it doesn't matter, but seems weird.

Myggen

Look man goty is still like 14 hours away.

When's the goty thread coming up BTW?

Ask daydream, he's making it. Probably about an hour before the first content goes live?

My problem with anime fans is that any time anime is discussed the discussion seems to go on for about 10 pages at a minimum.

yami4ct

All this anime talk has me browsing Hulu. I used to be an avid watcher a few years ago, but now I'm just starting to get caught up on stuff I missed the last few years.

Also, what's up with some shows having dubs for like five episodes and that's it? I usually watch with subs so it doesn't matter, but seems weird.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like Funimation puts up dubs for a few episodes for free as a sort of preview to get people to subscribe to their premium service. They tend to host things on Hulu as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ask daydream, he's making it. Probably about an hour before the first content goes live?

My problem with anime fans is that any time anime is discussed the discussion seems to go on for about 10 pages at a minimum.

Like I said man, no content makes the thread go stir crazy.

tuxfool

Banned

You're free to talk about something else too, you know.

yami4ct

Let's discuss wrestling for 30 pages.

And F1 for the next 20.

F1 is sadly off for break, so there isn't much to talk about. Season was only semi-interesting this year as well.

That being said, we should be hearing from Renault soon about what their drivers for their newly bought Louts are going to be for next year. Wonder if this will finally be the end of the great Crashtor?

My last-minute prediction for GOTY theme is that it will be a look at what each crew member would do if they were a twitch/YouTube streamer. Jeff is drunk on stream at all times.

It would make sense since they seemed to record their segments at home, and it gives Dan an opportunity to shit on Patrick some more.

Megasoum

Banned
So I assume we will keep this thread spoiler free for all the GOTY discussion?

I want a safe haven since I don't know how quickly I'll be able to listen and watch the stuff this week.

Myggen

My last-minute prediction for GOTY theme is that it will be a look at what each crew member would do if they were a twitch/YouTube streamer. Jeff is drunk on stream at all times.

It would make sense since they seemed to record their segments at home, and it gives Dan an opportunity to shit on Patrick some more.

That's a solid idea for a GOTY theme at least.

I want a safe haven since I don't know how quickly I'll be able to listen and watch the stuff this week.

That has to be the plan, no reason to discuss that stuff here when we have a dedicated thread. But you can never be sure that people are actually gonna follow an unwritten rule like that, so better to stay clear of this thread too.

Wouldn't surprise me if EmCee locks this thread during GOTY, like he did last year (or was that during E3?).

TraBuch

Banned

Spoilers:

Bloodborne, Tales from the Borderlands, The Witcher 3 and Life is Strange all get snubbed.

i could actually see it being something similar to this, which would be really fun

Top Tens schedule starting to populate

Dan Ryckert's Top 10 Games of 2015
Article - Tomorrow at 9:30 AM

Drew Scanlon's Top 10 Games of 2015
Article - Tomorrow at 1:00 PM

Brad Shoemaker's Top 10 Games of 2015
Article - Tuesday at 1:00 AM

Matt Rorie's Top 5 Games He Nearly Almost Kinda Finished in 2015
Article - Tuesday at 9:30 AM

Myggen

Let's play another GOTY game: Fallout 4. Over or Under 6th position?

Over. Austin seems to be the only one who loved that game on staff (Dan really liked it too). It'll be interesting to see where it ends up though. I could see Jeff arguing for it to be considered as Most Disappointing (though THPS5 will probably win that one).

I'm pretty sure they ditched top ten ordering last year?

Nope.

yami4ct

I'm pretty sure they ditched top ten ordering last year?

Arguing over Top 10 order is sort of GiantBomb's whole thing. They haven't ditched it yet, and I doubt they ever will. The bottom half of the list always feels a bit random, but they always rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom