• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #19 | Patrick Wins 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toparaman

Banned
I forget the structure to these. I've not finished MGSV and don't want the story spoiled withing the first 5 minutes of the podcasts.

Do they start from 10 and work their way down?

They generally do their best to avoid spoiling story until the Best Story has to be decided. You'll also probably hear spoilers during the discussion for the very last award, Game of the Year.

jaina

Best character (or whatever it will be called) is also likely to spoil.
I'm fully prepared, but also way to exited about the discussions to skip a part. (they won't discuss Witcher 3 or Trails story beats)

Megasoum

Banned
After Dragon Age: Inquisition I can't say I have that much hope for ME4...

I didn't even hate DA:I... It was all right but I'm not sure I want a Mass Effect that follows the same structure with crappy open world design.

Best character (or whatever it will be called) is also likely to spoil.
I'm fully prepared, but also way to exited about the discussions to skip a part. (they won't discuss Witcher 3 or Trails story beats)

With the games they've played, Contradiction has it on lock. No shell from MGSV or whatever will be stealing the spot.

I forget the structure to these. I've not finished MGSV and don't want the story spoiled withing the first 5 minutes of the podcasts.

Do they start from 10 and work their way down?

Last year this was the lineup

Monday

2014's Old Game of the Year
Most Likely To Be Frog Fractions 2
Best Surprise
Best-Looking Game

Tuesday

Best Story
Best Music
Most Disappointing Game
Best Short-Time Game

Wednesday

Best New Character
Best Early Access Experience
Best Console Exclusives
Best Debut

Thursday

Hottest Mess
Best Moment or Sequence
Best Local Multiplayer
Best Styyyyyyyyyyle

Friday

Best Horror Game
PLEASE STOP
Worst Game
Best Game

If 2015 follows a similar outline, then MGSV spoilers will likely kick in early in the week. There is always a chance spoilers for games could pop up at any point, and without early warning. The crew usually give a warning at the start of the week, and are not afraid to dive into spoilers at any point for there. Don't expect them to provide a warning right before mentioning something big.

Monday is usually a safe haven for spoilers based on the categories, but there is still a chance something might pop up you might not expect.

Moldiver

Last year this was the lineup

Monday

2014's Old Game of the Year
Most Likely To Be Frog Fractions 2
Best Surprise
Best-Looking Game

Tuesday

Best Story
Best Music
Most Disappointing Game
Best Short-Time Game

Wednesday

Best New Character
Best Early Access Experience
Best Console Exclusives
Best Debut

Thursday

Hottest Mess
Best Moment or Sequence
Best Local Multiplayer
Best Styyyyyyyyyyle

Friday

Best Horror Game
PLEASE STOP
Worst Game
Best Game

If 2015 follows a similar outline, then MGSV spoilers will likely kick in early in the week. There is always a chance spoilers for games could pop up at any point, and without early warning. The crew usually give a warning at the start of the week, and are not afraid to dive into spoilers at any point for there. Don't expect them to provide a warning right before mentioning something big.

Monday is usually a safe haven for spoilers based on the categories, but there is still a chance something might pop up you might not expect.

Best surprise on Day 1...can't be many of them in a Kojima game lol

jaina

Has he played more than 10 games this year?

I hope I'm joking
no worries:
Halo 5
MGSV
Yokai Watch
Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition
Heroes of the Storm
Duck Game
Keep Talking
DiRT Rally

Freedom Planet
Besiege
Elite: Dangerous (2014)
Game of War
Clash of Clans
Heroes Charge

plus some other mobile games I forgot. he might also like some of the couch co-op games from UPF. I bolded my guessed top 10 candidates.

SomberOwl

After Dragon Age: Inquisition I can't say I have that much hope for ME4...

I didn't even hate DA:I... It was all right but I'm not sure I want a Mass Effect that follows the same structure with crappy open world design.

There different teams working on those franchises.

We're approaching that wonderful time of the year where I can't browse this thread until like 6:30 in the afternoon because I don't want any GOTY results spoiled for me. I hope nobody decides to leave Giant Bomb this time.

Godspeed, everyone.

2809081-in+memoriam.jpg

http://www.giantbomb.com/kerbal-spa...ething-in-memory-of-our-favorite--1788682/#21

We're approaching that wonderful time of the year where I can't browse this thread until like 6:30 in the afternoon because I don't want any GOTY results spoiled for me. I hope nobody decides to leave Giant Bomb this time.

Godspeed, everyone.

Brad announces his retirement after getting Destiny in first place.

LackingSaint

Neo Member
Hey, folks! Don't want to be too spammy, but felt this could be relevant to some of your interests; i'm the guy who's been doing the GiantBomb Animateds some of you might have seen (Knives vs Bats, Enjoy Your Massage, Oculus Rift in the Bedroom, Real Man's Drink), and lately i've been doing livestreams to show my process with the next edition of GiantBomb Animated. You're free to join us; it'll be starting in about 15 minutes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Bpd4DZl_g

Myggen

Going by the thread about Greg Miller's Top 10 Games of the Year, Witcher 3 and Bloodborne really are this year's TLoU in terms of fans just feeling the need to shit on anyone who doesn't have any of those games at first place.

Anyways, Matt Rorie's Top 5 Games He Nearly Almost Kinda Finished in 2015 on the schedule for Tuesday :p

Hey, folks! Don't want to be too spammy, but felt this could be relevant to some of your interests; i'm the guy who's been doing the GiantBomb Animateds some of you might have seen (Knives vs Bats, Enjoy Your Massage, Oculus Rift in the Bedroom, Real Man's Drink), and lately i've been doing livestreams to show my process with the next edition of GiantBomb Animated. You're free to join us; it'll be starting in about 15 minutes!

Sweet.

Bowlie

Banned

I saw the notification and was about to come here and share the stream

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yes but make sure that you're getting one of the new XBONE controller (the one with the headphone jack and fixed D-Pad and LB/RB).
Does the headphone jack do anything on PC? That could actually be useful to me.

ME1 is the only one that has an actual non-shitty PC interface, and is still the best one of the bunch
Those versions don't have controller support. That's where we're at with those games on PC.

And if ME4 is anything like DA:I, I will never touch that franchise again.

Megasoum

Banned
Does the headphone jack do anything on PC? That could actually be useful to me.

So this is weird... I actually got the headphone jack to work on PC ONCE... Not sure how... Never managed to make it work again. Haven't wasted too much time on this so maybe there's an obvious setting somewhere I'm missing but anyway... I *think* it's possible.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Going by the thread about Greg Miller's Top 10 Games of the Year, Witcher 3 and Bloodborne really are this year's TLoU in terms of fans just feeling the need to shit on anyone who doesn't have any of those games at first place.

I really, really don't get why people can't understand personal lists.

Those versions don't have controller support. That's where we're at with those games on PC.

it's the worst of both worlds. no controller support, but the menus are basically the console menus that you're supposed to use the mouse on, it fucking sucks. fuck that series

Get Lunar White or nothing.

went to two stores and my choices were black or Halo Color (for $10 more)

also my computer didn't recognize the damn thing and you can't download the drivers directly from microsoft so I got it from some shady site so I probably have a bunch of viruses now

off to a great start

My 2015 Old Game Of The Year is FarCry 4.

I put about 50 hours into that just a couple months ago. Shit is ridic fun.

So in the thread are we doing our own award for the categories the guys post that day, or just top 10s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom