• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
did they QL Dark Souls? I'd love to see a comparison between the first and 2nd one :D

I remember Rorie did a video for it when it came out. Not sure it was a quick look or a live stream or what.

lfI24f6.png

XuKhPa6.png

iblZvb0A6IjMkw.gif

LTTP (I only watched it today) but since I originally brought it up: I listened to the DanganRonpa follow up from earlier this week and I'll partially apologize to Patrick. Now that he's articulated that it's not the general anime-ness of the game but rather the specific instances of fan-service stuff, his comments about being embarrassed to show the game to others makes more sense. I still wonder if they're being too dismissive towards people who happen to like those Japanese games, as if we're all 100% on board with everything inherent in an anime game (I actually agree with Alex on "gratuitous underwear shots are fine if it's that's the kind of game it is, but if it's not, cut that shit out"), but hey, whatever.

Anyways. Highly enjoyed the South Park chat that preceded it, that game is ridonkulous. A bit spoiler-y, though!

Are the poster videos worth watching?

I listened in for a few hours while cleaning up around the apartment and it was oddly relaxing.

rewatching the Dark Souls QL, Brad makes a comment about how having to replay a specific part over and over again trying to beat it makes him think this game isn't for him. After watching him fight and eventually beat Doran during the last BB all I can do is
KuGsj.gif

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I love watching the original Demon's Souls QL. Oh, how much has changed.

Such a great Quick Look. Vinny's on the brink of defeat from his prep work, Jeff talking about how much he hates almost everything about the game while Dave gets more and more interested with everything he hears. I watched it again not long ago, one of the most striking things was the audio quality difference though. I never really noticed it improving over time but it's clearly a lot better than it used to be.

I'd love if they actually did "Bring Your 'A' Game" for Unprofessional Friday

...or completed Demon Souls with Jeff forced to watch.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd love if they actually did "Bring Your 'A' Game" for Unprofessional Friday

...or completed Demon Souls with Jeff forced to watch.

More Souls coverage is definitely needed. Maybe next years For The Kids can just be all Souls the entire time. That'd be super

FStop7

Banned
Such a great Quick Look. Vinny's on the brink of defeat from his prep work, Jeff talking about how much he hates almost everything about the game while Dave gets more and more interested with everything he hears. I watched it again not long ago, one of the most striking things was the audio quality difference though. I never really noticed it improving over time but it's clearly a lot better than it used to be.

Giant Bomb's reaction to the whole * Souls zeitgeist is pretty funny.

Basically three years of condescending, dismissive, contrarian, heel digging resistance (except for Vinny) and then suddenly OMG WE LOVE SOULS GAMES.

hamchan

They already did a half run of Dark Sould and have nearly done a full run of Demon's Souls. I think they're done with Souls videos.

theytookourjobz

I played like 25 hours of Dark Souls when it came out and didn't even get past Blighttown. Started a new game on PS3 a few weeks ago and finally finished it. It's a tough nut to crack but I think once it has its hooks in you, it's over.

I'm not sure GB needs more Souls coverage past the end of Breaking Brad though. I think one reason why it's so successful is so many people know what's coming and want Brad to suffer what they suffered through.

Just got to watching BB Part 13, Potato Marshal is hilarious!

*Brad poisons Potato Marshal*

*Potato Marshal poisons him*

Brad: "You asshole!"

It's gold!

Basically three years of condescending, dismissive, contrarian, heel digging resistance (except for Vinny) and then suddenly OMG WE LOVE SOULS GAMES.

Gen 7 was a disease. Souls was the cure. :O

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Ryan nor Jeff ever said they loved them. They just put up with them being on the site. Even when Ryan played it on the stream and did pretty ok, he was like 'yeah I did it. Don't want to play it anymore.'

Kind of destroying that weird Souls myth that if you don't like the game you are clearly terrible at it.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
God damnit Drew. I love driving games, but I do not find them fun to watch in this format at all. Unless it's a crazing driving game like bussimulator.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I remember when Dead Nation was offered free b/c of the hacking attempt.

Only played it once :\

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Was watching the poster video
'They just autorenew my license and send it to me.'

I hate living in my city. I still have to drive 40 minutes to sit in like for 4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom