• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you about FFX, the game's been out since 2001. There's no reason to get really upset.

The rest of your post you're kind of just talking about your own personal experiences, as entertainers, they don't really owe us anything really. It's mostly to avoid complaints I'd assume that they even bother with spoiler warnings in the first place.

I just note that Brad definitely very much likes spoilers :).

Disagree. What if someone wasn't alive or wasn't old enough to play FFX when it came out and now it's on the Vita/PS3 wanted to play it for the first time?

If there was no HD re-release and they were talking about spoilers then maybe you would have a point, but it's a new re-release and a whole generation of gamers who might not have played it back in the day.

Brad would be the first one to cry about a game being spoiled.

I caught up on Jeff's NYU talk after coming home from a night out with my mates. I guess I must have had a few more beers than I thought I had because this morning I have an email from eBay congratulating me on my purchase of a Windjammers MVS cart.

The moral here ladies and gents, is don't drink and bomb. Now where the heck do I get a consolized MVS system to play this thing...

Regarding the FFX HD quick look I would blame Rorie more than Brad when it came to spoilers. Brad was the one asking if they should talk about certain things while Rorie was the one just blurting them out.

I caught up on Jeff's NYU talk after coming home from a night out with my mates. I guess I must have had a few more beers than I thought I had because this morning I have an email from eBay congratulating me on my purchase of a Windjammers MVS cart.

The moral here ladies and gents, is don't drink and bomb. Now where the heck do I get a consolized MVS system to play this thing...

I bought one when sober. It is a totally rational thing to do. Really.

valeo

Disagree. What if someone wasn't alive or wasn't old enough to play FFX when it came out and now it's on the Vita/PS3 wanted to play it for the first time?

If there was no HD re-release and they were talking about spoilers then maybe you would have a point, but it's a new re-release and a whole generation of gamers who might not have played it back in the day.

If you couldn't spoil games that are 10+ years old then sites like giantbomb would be pretty damn boring. Stop being so precious. Bruce Wllis was dead the whole time.

Things I bought because of the latest Tested podcast.

5eGTPwV.jpg

Never+Let+Me+Go.jpg

5atYcTb.jpg

Thanks Dave!

Zaph

People who advocate un-labeled spoilers after some arbitrary time limit are weird. Unless it's pertinent to a larger discussion (eg Ground Zeroes and sexual violence in games) there's just no point. Saying "huh, remember when X happened?" is not really a discussion, especially not one for an audience. It adds no value, even for people who've played it.

GB has said many times that QL's are their new release coverage, so yeah, it's perfectly understandable for people to be upset they spoiled a remastered version of a decade old game during their new release coverage. If something happens early in the game during the QL, fair enough, but just blurting out shit that's not for another 5/10/20 hrs? Come on.

I know everyone's tastes are different and people are interested in different things. I'm also not one to call out the Giant Bomb dudes on their play skill or lack of it.

That said, as an American I am ashamed of Brad's complete lack of baseball knowledge.

bonercop

If you couldn't spoil games that are 10+ years old then sites like giantbomb would be pretty damn boring. Stop being so precious. Bruce Wllis was dead the whole time.

They can spoil ten year old games, tho. That's not the point. This is about context.

I know everyone's tastes are different and people are interested in different things. I'm also not one to call out the Giant Bomb dudes on their play skill or lack of it.

That said, as an American I am ashamed of Brad's complete lack of baseball knowledge.

:lol This reminds me of one time being called Un-American because I don't like baseball.

Dragon

Banned

It came out 13 years ago. Are you saying someone 11 or 12 watches giantbomb and is going to care this much about the game? Who is this person? I wish I was that young and watching giantbomb.

Patrick has a parting knowledge of football and I think Jeff knows baseball pretty well in the way Jeff knows all things.

I can't wait for them to play the PS4 version of the Show though...

:lol This reminds me of one time being called Un-American because I don't like baseball.

I wouldn't worry about it. I love baseball but hate guns, immigration laws, and the Confederate flag. Apparently in NC I'm Un-American.

Patryn

pretty sure they were saying "Scooooooooops"

I can confirm that the crowd was saying "SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!"

Ironically, he brings up this very confusion in his panel when he says something like "You people do realize that people watching this on video will think you're booing me, right?"

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Trust me, I've been staring it down hard.

But I already have a ~$10 mug that does a decent job, and I don't drink coffee so I wouldn't need that crazy temperature keeping so urgently - mostly cold drinks.

But getting some clean ice water that stays cold all day is so alluring.

Baseball is lame.

Americas national past time should be DOTA

ArjanN

pretty sure they were saying "Scooooooooops"

I was saying scooo-urns....

Also, slight slip-up from Patrick during the latest Worth Playing:

About 4 minutes in you can see his e-mail inbox...
Whoops. :p

EDIT: on second thought, maybe better not to post this screenshot in case he wants to edit it out.

Dragon

Banned
I was saying scooo-urns....

Also, slight slip-up from Patrick during the latest Worth Playing:

Whoops. :p

EDIT: on second thought, maybe better not to post this.

Haha wow. I saw that, yeah you're better off contacting GB and having them edit this out. Especially the couple that were marked as confidential. I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

But I already have a ~$10 mug that does a decent job, and I don't drink coffee so I wouldn't need that crazy temperature keeping so urgently - mostly cold drinks.

Baseball is lame.

If you want it for clean ice water, get this

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YB3J4K/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I got both the one you linked and this one, and I found for water and other cold drinks, that the one you linked was too small. 32oz of water (that stays ice cold for 8 hours) is awesome. And spending $30 on a 32oz zojirushi seems more reasonable than buying a 16oz one for $30

Lombax

Banned

Baseball is lame.

Dude buy a Zojirushi they are awesome and can take a beating.
For example:
lWcYVBx.jpg

tT57VIw.jpg

Lets not talk about how I got it back...

ArjanN

Haha wow. I saw that, yeah you're better off contacting GB and having them edit this out. Especially the couple that were marked as confidential. I'm sure they'd appreciate it.

I think they just removed it?

Looks like I have the exclusive Scoops Scoops now...

Fox318

It is amazing that Brad doesn't know much about baseball. I feel like even if you don't watch or play the sport you would know more just through osmosis.

I feel bad pausing at Scoop's flashed email in the latest Worth Reading :/

I guess there is one bit of actual news in it,.. I wonder how long it keeps quite?

I really enjoyed that RBI Baseball QL and I realized why - because of Alexis. Why don't they have him in more stuff? He fulfills three important qualities:

1. He is easy to listen to
  2. He doesn't try too hard to be funny
  3. He doesn't talk when he doesn't have something to say
He's been on the Bombcast a few times and I've always liked it when he was.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
It is amazing that Brad doesn't know much about baseball. I feel like even if you don't watch or play the sport you would know more just through osmosis.

He's a nerd and from a region in the country with no pro teams. I could see how he would not know much (I haven't watched yet, so I don't know how clueless he is.)

Patryn

I really enjoyed that RBI Baseball QL and I realized why - because of Alexis. Why don't they have him in more stuff? He fulfills three important qualities:

2. He doesn't try way too hard to be funny

He's the dev lead for both Gamespot, Giant Bomb and Comic Vine, right? I imagine he's really busy and can't really carve out 3+ hours to sit in on a Bombcast on a Tuesday or a Monday.

ArjanN

I feel bad pausing at Scoop's flashed email in the latest Worth Reading :/

I guess there is one bit of actual news in it,.. I wonder how long it keeps quite?

His secrets are safe with me.

Wasn't expecting that one e-mail about Brad leaving though.

just kidding obviously

hamchan

2. He doesn't try too hard to be funny

Because it's not his job to be presenting like the rest of the crew. He's on the engineering side of CBSi I think.

Patryn

I understand it's not Alexis's job. I'm just saying I would like hearing from him more when there's an opportunity.

The point I was trying to make is that likely we already are hearing from him when he has an opportunity. He shows up for a few UPFs, and a QL once in a blue moon and that's about the best we can get.

chogidogs

The point I was trying to make is that likely we already are hearing from him when he has an opportunity. He shows up for a few UPFs, and a QL once in a blue moon and that's about the best we can get.

We get 24 hours of Alexis every year for Extra Life. His cool sister even made a cameo that one time too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, I guess I was born 12 years too late to know that it even exists. Most of my popeye memories are cartoon network reruns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom