• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time they show Gangbeasts a clever new aspect of the game reveals itself.

If this trend continues, version 1.0 of Gangbeasts will be the Citizen Kane of gaming.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
End of an era.

h3WKGxJ.png

Zaph

Look on the bright side - out there somewhere is a young nerd, so pissed about the separation of Jeff/Vinny that 50 years from now he invents teleportation.

And brands it VinnCo

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Bye Vinny!

Also, I'm just going through the stream again and they already had a person in mind a month ago but finally officially hired him on the stream?
Did they say who it was?

Looks like the video producer position is still going through interviews though.

Bye Vinny!

Also, I'm just going through the stream again and they already had a person in mind a month ago but finally officially hired him on the stream?
Did they say who it was?

Looks like the video producer position is still going through interviews though.

What? I don't remember them saying anything about that during the Papa Vinny's stream.

Ah man. I'm interested to see what Vinny and Alex have in store for us but, geez, it's going to be tough to even come close to matching all the tricaster hijinx, flight clubs, random PC games, LoLS and Vinny/whoever QLs.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What? I don't remember them saying anything about that during the Papa Vinny's stream.
At about 2:26 during Niddhogg. The Senior Editor was officially hired "40 minutes ago" according to Jeff, but he also said, "Well, he was hired a month ago, but..." which implies that they already had someone in mind but had to open up the process for corporate reasons.

Ah man. I'm interested to see what Vinny and Alex have in store for us but, geez, it's going to be tough to even come close to matching all the tricaster hijinx, flight clubs, random PC games, LoLS and Vinny/whoever QLs.

I'm more worried about GB West at this point. Vinny's got that midas touch, I'm excited to see what he can pull off in NY. Hopefully whomever San Fran brings in can raise the energy.

At about 2:26 during Niddhogg. The Senior Editor was officially hired "40 minutes ago" according to Jeff, but he also said, "Well, he was hired a month ago, but..." which implies that they already had someone in mind but had to open up the process for corporate reasons.

So much for Zoe Quinn or Cara Ellison

pirata

Did anyone else catch Jeff's "location-scouting" comment at the end in regards to visiting arcades around the country? Was that a little hint of the future?

BigAT

That wasn't the phrasing. I thought the "30 days" comment was saying that the new person would start in a month.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So much for Zoe Quinn or Cara Ellison
Actually, I was paraphrasing a bit. I just went back and there is no gendered pronoun, so that's still a possibility!

That wasn't the phrasing. I thought the "30 days" comment was saying that the new person would start in a month.
Hrm. See, I took it to mean that they already wanted this person but it was only official 40 minutes before Jeff said it, but I guess it could also mean that this person will start 30 days later.

But why wouldn't you want them during E3?

Oh I see. I must have missed that.

It feels like every time I leave a livestream for a few minutes something eventful happens. For example, when I left the XBOX ONE livestream for a few minutes I completely missed this happening. Life is unfair.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Actually, I was paraphrasing a bit. I just went back and there is no gendered pronoun, so that's still a possibility!

Hrm. See, I took it to mean that they already wanted this person but it was only official 40 minutes before Jeff said it, but I guess it could also mean that this person will start 30 days later.

But why wouldn't you want them during E3?

Somebody is presumably leaving a job, potentially moving across the country and there are probably thirteen levels of people who don't care but still need to sign off on it to feel important and like they're doing something throughout the day.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Somebody is moving across the country and there are probably thirteen levels of people who don't care but still need to sign off on it to feel important and like they're doing something throughout the day.
I guess that would explain why they are bringing on a freelancer for E3, but it seems strange that they wouldn't make it go through faster. Heck, fly them in for E3 and then have them go back home to prep for a move. They're all going to be staying at some weird house in LA anyway, I presume. lol

Jeff "As of about 40 minutes ago we have a senior editor...Well then also about a month...but..."
Yeah, I assumed the "ago" also applied to "a month". But it makes more sense that he meant "in a month" instead of "a month ago".

Stimpack

I'm more worried about GB West at this point. Vinny's got that midas touch, I'm excited to see what he can pull off in NY. Hopefully whomever San Fran brings in can raise the energy.

I agree. I am excited to see what Vinny and Alex can do. They're great guys and I'm confident that they can definitely pull it off.

However, with just Jeff, Brad, and Drew (who will likely be left in the control room more often than not) I worry not only about their chemistry, but of the new hires as well. Let's face it, Jeff and Brad just don't work together very well. Their personalities conflict. They're both great, but it is what it is. Then there's the new hires, and that's another worry entirely. This is first and foremost a personality-driven website, and who knows how it's going to work out. I'm hopeful, but still quite worried.

Also they should have hired Jeff Green, I'm pissed.

Megasoum

Banned
Looks like a newbie/young'un. Cool!
I'm not sure what video game Anthony Bourdain means though... he's going to host The Raid? lol

Apparently Jeff was talking about Arcade location scouting (probably as a joke) during the stream... People on the GB forum are speculating that he would be some kind of travelog editor but it doesn't make sense since they clearly need somebody in SF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom