• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh guys

THlGzyk.png

Obama tweeted this just a few hours ago. Westpoint. Westpoint. Do you know what's west of DC? San Francisco. He's moving to SF to join Giant Bomb. Notice he didn't mention it until Jeff was able to confirm it's a done deal. I think he'll fit in really well.

Curufinwe

You know that Justin, a current GameSpot staffer, basically moved from 1up to writing fake reviews for a few years and then to Gamespot/Retronauts though?

Justin's not on Retronauts, he's on the Geekbox.

I don't see a problem with him leaving mock reviews behind to do them for real again. If Jeff Green wants to come back to games journalism after years working directly for game companies I'd welcome him back, too.

Mully

Uh guys

THlGzyk.png

Obama tweeted this just a few hours ago. Westpoint. Westpoint. Do you know what's west of DC? San Francisco. He's moving to SF to join Giant Bomb. Notice he didn't mention it until Jeff was able to confirm it's a done deal. I think he'll fit in really well.

He's too liberal and has to use a teleprompter to talk. He wouldn't be good in front of a camera.

Kerned

Banned
Uh guys

THlGzyk.png

That'll be a good move for everyone involved. I like him, but I'm not a big fan of the site he's with now.

Hot babes reading news! From what little I've seen of other gaming sites the last couple of years it seems like the big sites have toned down that part of their sites a bit at least. But still...I've visited GS some since Danny arrived in the States, and except for the stuff he's in (The Point and parts of The Lobby), I just don't find anything about the site enjoyable.
I like Gamespot Gameplay, though of course I wish they'd have Danny on more often. Last week they had the lady who does the new releases section for The Lobby and she was great, never heard/seen her doing "proper" content before.

Uh guys

thumbs_up.gif

But Jeff Green would rank really high in the category of giant-bomber-i-want-as-a-dad. I don't know who this Mr. Rosen is but he certainly can't ever be my dad.

I don't see a problem with him leaving mock reviews behind to do them for real again. If Jeff Green wants to come back to games journalism after years working directly for game companies I'd welcome him back, too.
Agreed. But working for a game company in a development or community manager role and then returning or turning to games criticism isn't the same as taking money from publishers to write a review and then later trying to write impartial reviews without informed consumers wondering if they're still on the take.

Oh man I solved it

GABSdlI.png

This is a tweet I made today about an eye appointment. Why would I cancel an eye appointment unless I was moving to San Francisco to join Giant Bomb? I can't believe we didn't see this before. I'm probably going to be the new Giant Bomb editor.

Myggen

just did the premium survey

If enough of us say that we want Vinny to bring back Random PC Games once he's in NY, he'll have to do it!

That survey was really short, thankfully. I think I spent like seven hours on their last survey of about 400 pages.

Looking at the change log shows that the majority of her wiki edits were removing games that she didn't work on from her page. That seems pretty on the up and up to me.

Its probably just me. Call me nuts but I think people and companies should not update their own wiki entries.

Used to work on a thing and one of my colleagues made a wikipedia page for that thing and he was always updating it and it was just uhhhhhhhh.

If she is just updating what games she is credited in and not just writing "Zoe Quinn is a amazing game designer and writer and is super cool to hang with" then I guess whatever.

Really anyone other then Jeff Green will leave me cold so really they just have to hire someone I dont actively hate or is clearly just working their in between game development jobs.

Its probably just me. Call me nuts but I think people and companies should not update their own wiki entries.

Used to work on a thing and one of my colleagues made a wikipedia page for that thing and he was always updating it and it was just uhhhhhhhh.

If she is just updating what games she is credited in and not just writing "Zoe Quinn is a amazing game designer and writer and is super cool to hang with" then I guess whatever.

Really anyone other then Jeff Green will leave me cold so really they just have to hire someone I dont actively hate or is clearly just working their in between game development jobs.

If it weirds you out more it looks like she might have created her own wiki page. The creator of the wiki shares a similar name to Zoe's blog.

I'm at the end of the Pizza Party. Am I going crazy or have they played that shitty ragdoll Gang Beasts game for the nth time ? I could swear they've been playing this game for the past several UFs. It's so boring; I wonder why they keep coming back to it.

BearPawB

Banned
I'm at the end of the Pizza Party. Am I going crazy or have they played that shitty ragdoll Gang Beasts game for the nth time ? I could swear they've been playing this game for the past several UFs. It's so boring; I wonder why they keep coming back to it.

Wow. guys, we found it! The one person who doesn't like gang beasts!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Which is why the Video Reviews always felt stilted and silly in comparison to their usual off-the-cuff content.
Yeah, it's why I'm glad they sort of just abandoned those video reviews altogether.

There are inescapable credibility issues associated with anyone who undertakes a sustained period of mock review work, especially if that person is already an established writer.

Oh right, Bob sounds exactly like Justin so I get them confused. lol

But I don't know if there's any real problem with doing one or the other. Jeff himself did a mock review in between Gamespot and Giantbomb, although I don't think he got paid for it or something. If anything, the whole "Community Manager" thing was always more "skeevy" to me than mock reviews.

Haha yeah wtf. I still have suggestions for site even though I'm already subbed in guys!

(sniff) Me too. They got our money already, so we don't matter anymore :(

What survey are you guys talking 'bout?

Cheers!

edit: Well fuck, I told them I have a yearly sub and that was it.

Weird. I have a yearly sub and it asked me what I liked most and what I wanted improved.

I also said that I had been subbed for over a year, if that made a difference.

SummitAve

Banned

You made it all the way to the end of the pizza party, and you're only saying that about gang beasts?

LegoArmo

I got a pretty long survey and I put that I had a yearly sub, age and country might play a part? I also put that I had cancelled my subscription at one point.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

I refuse to believe you're serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom