• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recall

I'm leaving it to Giantbomb East in making the Endurance Run a thing again. If Vinny doesn't make it happen then no-one will.

Technically he's already completed multiples games on his shows. It took him a while but he eventually finished that awful Blair Witch game and most recently, the Outlast DLC.

Yes, Giant Bomb has occasionally done the same thing during UPF or some quick looks.

The Endurance Run will live on, it will just have a different name.

Mully

It took me three straight years of waking up before 6AM to realize that Brad's not sleepy. He's just awake before everyone else.

Is there a distinction between an actual Endurance Run (beyond the name) and stuff like VinnyVania and Vinny playing Dark Souls/Brad playing Demon Souls?

FluxWaveZ

Is there a distinction between an actual Endurance Run (beyond the name) and stuff like VinnyVania and Vinny playing Dark Souls/Brad playing Demon Souls?

One is a regular feature with daily episodes. The other is irregular and less structured.

ER was on a set schedule. As in a new video every monday. I think it was Monday?

Completely wrong. It was every day except for Saturday and Sunday.

Bacon

I've never thought much of Rorie before but this soda tempurature thing that he is so fixated on has me endlessly entertained. I can't believe it's gone on this long and I can't believe how offended he is by it, too funny.

I'm pretty sure VJ even recorded Persona 4 episodes to air during E3. That's dedication.

EDIT: Okay that's totally not true. Still though. Few things stop the Endurance Run.

Haunted

Nothing stops an Endurance Run. Giant Souls and VinnyVania come and go.
I'm pretty sure that's exactly why they stopped doing ERs.

GB crew likes to be flexible instead of being tied down by scheduled content (their one weekly show nonwithstanding).

Patrick with his frequent streaming seems to be the one most open to do an Endurance Run. Too bad he's alone in Chicago.

I would be interested in a Vinny/Alex endurance run.
Which game?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
They should play Butcher Bay & Dark Athena. Vinny said he wanted to play it again on the bombcast. It's not long enough to be an endurance run, but could be a fun thing to ease the new pairing into a video series.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, narrative heavy stuff is the best. It's what makes the persona and DP ERs so great.

That's why I'll recommend monster girl quest.

Yakuza 3 seemed like the perfect ER game.

Its weird and Japanese
Its long but not crazy 100 hours P4 long
The franchise could use some better western exposure

Its a shame they didnt do it.

Nah, narrative heavy stuff is the best. It's what makes the persona and DP ERs so great.

That's why I'll recommend monster girl quest.

aGqWnw8.gif

EarthBound has always been my secret hope. Woulda fit the format a lot better than Chrono Trigger, anyway.

Who would play it though?

Patrick already completed it on his own.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I doubt Alex will be keen to play some anime game. Or Vinny for that matter. Hope they play something fun to watch, and not require viewers to read a bunch of text. I think Yakuza 3 is a great game but there's a lot of slow stuff and a lot of text conversations that mightn't make for great viewing.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yakuza 3 seemed like the perfect ER game.

Its weird and Japanese
Its long but not crazy 100 hours P4 long
The franchise could use some better western exposure

Its a shame they didnt do it.
It's really this weird fork in the road where Y3 becomes the super popular Japanese game and we get Y5/Inshin in the west instead of seven different Persona 4 spinoff games.

FluxWaveZ

It's really this weird fork in the road where Y3 becomes the super popular Japanese game and we get Y5/Inshin in the west instead of seven different Persona 4 spinoff games.

Ha, so in an alternate universe where GB did an Endurance Run of Yakuza 3 2, Persona has fallen into obscurity while we get Yakuza spin-off fighting games and dancing rhythm games?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ha, so in an alternate universe where GB did an Endurance Run of Yakuza 3 2, Persona has fallen into obscurity while we get Yakuza spin-off fighting games and dancing rhythm games?
Like I said, we would have gotten Yakuza 5!

I'd like to think that they would have gotten charmed by the orphans the same way they were with Nanako, and then gotten into the story pretty hard. They probably would have loved the CIA stuff too. lol

So, no MK8 Quick Look?

There might be a video embargo, but MK8TV is up, Gametrailers' video review is up, and I've seen people streaming it on twitch.

So beats me. Maybe those are all short enough to get around a video embargo. I guess the most likely reason is they sent their copy to Alex for review and would have to wait to buy a copy before they can do any video of it.

Jeff also thought the game released last week so I doubt anyone really cares that much.

Edit: Or Alex is doing it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Maybe it's one of those embargoes where you can only post specific videos for it, and that's why gametrailers can use footage of it?

I remember nintendo being fond of doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom