• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Looks like their chat might be ok for E3...

counter.gif

Sony conf. The only one I will be awake for.

Patryn

Further fuel to the Dan Ryckert fire: Just tweeted he's taking a month vacation. Didn't they indicate the new hire starts in a month?

Further fuel to the Dan Ryckert fire: Just tweeted he's taking a month vacation. Didn't they indicate the new hire starts in a month?

I'd be a little surprised but if it's true, I'd be super happy. Dan's great and he meshes with the crew really well. Also I wouldn't complain about more wrestling content.

graboids

Last year it seemed Jeff, Vinny and Drew were the only ones going to conferences so may the rest of the crew will stay back and do commentary... How ever they do it it will be awesome, loved the PS4, XB1 and Gamescom streams

I would assume they'd do the commentary from the location they'll be doing the night shows from. Jeff said that those after-hours things are what he finds most fulfilling anyway.

Jintor

I mean this in the best way possible, but I'm genuinely curious what kind of games Jeff actually likes anymore.

Talking down about Evolve after hearing so much praise from it this week was interesting.

Whatchu talkin' about. He was praising it and then said "It's just probably not for me because my life doesn't have situations where I can play like that these days"

FluxWaveZ

I mean this in the best way possible, but I'm genuinely curious what kind of games Jeff actually likes anymore.

Talking down about Evolve after hearing so much praise from it this week was interesting.

I'm not one to disagree with the sentiment entirely, but that's just wrong. He obviously was very positive on Evolve and had a lot of good things to say about it. But he also realizes that he's not in a situation where he would be able to play the game because of its inherent nature.

sixghost

I'm not one to disagree with the sentiment entirely, but that's just wrong. He obviously was very positive on Evolve and had a lot of good things to say about it. But he also realizes that he's not in a situation where he would be able to play the game because of its inherent nature.

I don't even understand what that means. It's not a local multiplayer game or anything.

Great that they are doing commentary. Best idea they had last year. Not going to be how I watch live but definitely will be my source for a rewatch

Also even if he isnt the hire I want to hear Dan Ryckerts tales of trying to find a place to live in SF with all the stuff the GB guys have talked about how its a nightmare in that town right now for renters.

sixghost

He explains why on the podcast. Not everyone has a group of friends who will always be at their disposal when they'll want to play a game of Evolve.
You make it sound like he literally couldn't play it if he wanted to. That doesn't seem like a reason someone would not play a game they were really excited about.

JayEH

So they're not going to the conferences this year and just going to do a live stream like Gamescom? Did they announce that during UPF?

That's a big change but I guess I prefer it. Not like actually going to the presser is any better (well unless Ms gives out Xbox ones or something).

You make it sound like he literally couldn't play it if he wanted to. That doesn't seem like a reason someone would not play a game they were really excited about.

Playing with 3 randoms in a class mechanic heavy game sounds like a nightmare (and it is)

I'm totally with him on it

Tan

Jeff's opinion is that it's a really cool game that it will probably be a ton of fun with friends and kind of a mess with strangers.

sixghost

Playing with 3 randoms in a class mechanic heavy game sounds like a nightmare (and it is)

I'm totally with him on it

You virtually just described the most popular genre in video games right now. Plenty of people play LoL and Dota without full stacks, and I'd be willing to bet evolve isn't half as complicated as those games.

Jintor

You virtually just described the most popular genre in video games right now. Plenty of people play LoL and Dota without full stacks, and I'd be willing to bet evolve isn't half as complicated as those games.

You're straying from the point, which was that Jeff doesn't think it'll be that fun without friends.

I mean you can disagree all you want but that's not gonna make Jeff theoretically play Evolve more so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

njean777

I don't even understand what that means. It's not a local multiplayer game or anything.

Well seeing as you have a DOTA 2 avatar, and that I use to play LOL and DOTA 2, I remember being quite frustrated when people didn't play their character correctly. Sure there are multiple ways to play characters in those game (not so much in LOL), but I would be pissed when somebody would not play their class/character correctly. This is a big reason I stopped playing MOBA's as I would be angry all the time. I finally realized that playing MOBA's caused way to much stress and anger and just quit playing them. Relying on random players is not fun and especially not fun when you have to at least wait 20 min to surrender in LOL (if the team even agrees). DOTA 2 was far worse when I played as there were no surrenders.

This is probably the same thing that happens to Jeff, I feel his sentiment as I usually lone-wolf it now or may have one or two friends play with me at a time. Very Very rarely do I ever have 4 friends playing the same game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom