• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

So what i'm getting is Jeff does not like this game because Toejam and Earl aren't packing heat and gunning fools down while telling them to suck their dick and are instead being kid friendly?

Probably because it's fucking cringeworthy unlike the original.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
So what i'm getting is Jeff does not like this game because Toejam and Earl aren't packing heat and gunning fools down while telling them to suck their dick and are instead being kid friendly?

More like cause this game feels like a "Be cool, stay in school, yo yo!!" spot

As someone who knows almost nothing about hip-hop, and who has never seen the Toe Jam and Earl games... i am really confused about what i'm seeing.

Brashnir

Well he hasn't really said anything about the gameplay which from what I can see is basically the original but re-imagined in 3D.

Except it's clearly not from just looking at it.

It superficially resembles the original, but craps it up at every turn.

Zabant

More that it doesn't show an actual reverence for hip-hop music, and instead has the tone of an educational VHS tape that added some cheap hip-hop record scratches to appeal to those hip young kids.

Much better said than my half assed attempt. But yeah, it seems he hates the tone more than the actual game itself.

Zaph

Much better said than my half assed attempt. But yeah, it seems he hates the tone more than the actual game itself.
Probably because the tone is also mildly racist and most likely made by people who've met a total of 5 black people combined.

Zabant

Man, this type of resource gathering game does really not show well on a stream. Especially ones that are super early in development.

Jeezo.

I really want one of these survival games to work, but with the flooding of the market and none of them being very far along in development makes me wonder if its doing more harm than good.

A couple of friends and I picked up Space Engineers after seeing it on UPF, and while that game definitely seems to be headed in the right direction, there are some ROUGH parts of their survival mode experience.

Zabant

Ouch is the bitrate crapping out for anyone else? Screen is just a mess of pixels at some points.

Edit: Cool it's an ankylosaur!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom