• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone listening to mixlr? Did Jeff say that even he won't be going to the live conferences? Because he didn't sound too convinced about the idea.

Was hoping they'd do something like the console reveal, with a crew commentating live then a Skype-in with Jeff's impressions of stuff the cameras can't pick up.

If the gang is watching live and commentating there is 0 reason for any of them to attend the actual press conference. It's not like a console launch where you can go up and look at the system afterwards.

bigkrev

8FTd0rS.jpg

Bombin' in the AM with The Blue Man and The Wolf

I fear Max has inherited Vinny's Colorblindness

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
He blue himself?

LeBart

Finally watched the MK8 quick look. I don't mean to restart the whole conversation but... it kinda reminded me of the "left trigger right trigger" debate debacle, when people said Jeff and Brad almost got into a fight, and then I went and listened to it and it barely qualified as an argument at all, let alone a heated one, let alone a fight. Some people really freak out over nothing.

Finally watched the MK8 quick look. I don't mean to restart the whole conversation but... it kinda reminded me of the "left trigger right trigger" debate debacle, when people said Jeff and Brad almost got into a fight, and then I went and listened to it and it barely qualified as an argument at all, let alone a heated one, let alone a fight. Some people really freak out over nothing.

You are totally right. 99% of the time any supposed contentious moment or hyped-up argument turns out to be hardly anything.

And anyway, Diddy Kong Racing is way better than Crash Team Racing and pulled off the concept two years earlier.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
On the bombcast, Jeff said a certain game company went after them about a certain quicklook in the past, and that they had to consult their lawyers about the situation. Any idea what game that was?

Angryhead

Neo Member
On the bombcast, Jeff said a certain game company went after them about a certain quicklook in the past, and that they had to consult their lawyers about the situation. Any idea what game that was?

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City by Rockstar, most likely. Pretty sure there was once a QL for that that got deleted.

Myggen

Wasn't that when they were still messing with the idea and it was edited and a bit shit?

If I remember correctly it was edited because of pressure from R* not to show much of anything of the game. R* would probably be my guess too, it wouldn't surprise me if that company at that time went after sites for doing QL-like content.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City by Rockstar, most likely. Pretty sure there was once a QL for that that got deleted.

Ah, didn't know about that, thanks. I was thinking it might be Rockstar because of how Jeff seemed to take a disliking to them a few years ago.

justjim89

How do people still hold the SNES Mario Kart in such high regard? It's basic and rudimentary as all hell, and the attempted 3D look with pixelated graphics looks archaic and trashy.

N64 has to be one of the best. Great levels, simple mechanics, awesome battle mode maps, that's all you need.

Now I'm remembering that there was that one time they edited a QL, and it was pretty funny. It was one of the versions of Dragon Age: Origins, they made some statement about whether or not a feature was in the other version, and as they were saying it giant text popped up on the screen saying something like "THIS ISN'T TRUE"

GlamFM

Banned
How do people still hold the SNES Mario Kart in such high regard? It's basic and rudimentary as all hell, and the attempted 3D look with pixelated graphics looks archaic and trashy.

N64 has to be one of the best. Great levels, simple mechanics, awesome battle mode maps, that's all you need.

Probably because it's the only good one and all the ones that came after it were complete GARBAGE.
N64 one is the worst of the bad ones - not even kidding.

komplanen

In some live show Matt said WoW had already updated the character models. They haven't. Now he has find out the truth so he got it correct. This time though he said WoW doesn't have 24h day cycle which it does. Sometimes I feel he would fit perfectly doing quick looks LOL

Also Pandaren Druid LMAO

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How do people still hold the N64Mario Kart in such high regard? It's basic and rudimentary as all hell, and the attempted 3D look with pixelated graphics looks archaic and trashy.

SNES has to be one of the best. Great levels, simple mechanics, awesome battle mode maps, that's all you need.

I fixed that for you. Made zero sense before!

Now I'm remembering that there was that one time they edited a QL, and it was pretty funny. It was one of the versions of Dragon Age: Origins, they made some statement about whether or not it was in the other version, and as they were saying it giant text popped up on the screen saying something like "THIS ISN'T TRUE"

There was another time that they pulled down an Arkham City quick look to edit for spoilers.

Still, i doubt that's one of the particular situations where the publisher was being an ass but who knows.

There was another time that they pulled down an Arkham City quick look to edit for spoilers.

Still, i doubt that's one of the particular situations where the publisher was being an ass but who knows.
They edited the arkham city quick look because the first 10 seconds spoiled the ending. That sums up Giant Bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom