• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I received an email on march 13th saying its being sent to USPS and the tracking number was updated yesterday March 18th saying "Electronic Shipping Info Received"

What are some keywords from the original order verification email, that was I can search my gmail.

*edit*

Scratch that, I just found it. I forgot I paid with paypal way back Feb 4th. I never got a shipping notification though.

jgminto

given how much brad loves souls games all of a sudden it would be great to see him try monster hunter. its basically long epic souls boss fights but with better bosses

I think Dragon's Dogma would be better and more fun to watch.

How about something that isn't a 3D action game about fighting things with swords, bows and magic. I'm pretty tired of seeing them play that, they should play something totally different.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Biggest problem with Dragon's Dogma is that it doesn't present any real challenge past the initial hours. Would get really dull as it is way too easy to outlevel the game without even trying.

Haven't tried Hard mode(or Dark Arisen content), but I hear it isn't that much more challenging.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Giant Bomb should spend 3 staff salaries to hire Dave Lang. Just keep the director's board out on the couch, it'll be fine.

This guy is the best, even if he does end his sentences with "right?" too often.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Rorie with a poster update:
We had some posters get damaged on the way to our warehouse, unfortunately. If you haven't gotten a poster yet, it may take a couple more weeks to arrive as we print more and sign them and have them messengered to the warehouse this time to prevent damage. Sorry for the delay! We will absolutely fulfill every order, though, so if you got an order confirmaton, you'll definitely get a poster.

sixghost

Biggest problem with Dragon's Dogma is that it doesn't present any real challenge past the initial hours. Would get really dull as it is way too easy to outlevel the game without even trying.

Haven't tried Hard mode(or Dark Arisen content), but I hear it isn't that much more challenging.
I'd disagree with that. It's not the hardest game in the world, but you should be playing hard mode and try Dark Arisen if you thought the game was too easy.

While it's come out that Infamous was once meant to be a superhero themed Animal Crossing type game, what this interview will reveal is that Animal Crossing was once a game in which you slaughtered demons and got sweet furniture loot.

Jintor

I remember Nintendo Australia had an animal crossing event at PAX AU. like 400 people crammed into this tiny room to watch a video recording of Isabelle speaking because the developers unfortunately weren't able to make it for some reason or the other, so they sent a video

Dug

Banned
BjID1YVIYAAatmr.jpg:large

Welp.

1. Promoting your current game on a casual live show is almost universally dull, which is predominantly what indie do devs do.

2. People are interesting because of their years of built up experiences and interactions. People working in one-two man studios out of someone's apartment are not interesting.

Jintor

Indie Devs often have hella experience in the industry though before they leave to go set up their own studios. The last couple of 'indie devs' on Tone Control really highlighted that, with Kasavin of SuperGiant working on C&C4 and RA3 and producing Spec Ops, or with Jonathan Blow talking about his contract work experience for a shittonne of other companies or the three or four companies he started in the 90s going completely bust.

The AAA guys also promote their own games.

That said - if they got the Animal Crossing team on or someone from Treehouse or something I wouldn't be like 'guhh get an indie team on here instead'. I'll take what I can get, so long as the perspective's interesting.

Jamie OD

While it's come out that Infamous was once meant to be a superhero themed Animal Crossing type game, what this interview will reveal is that Animal Crossing was once a game in which you slaughtered demons and got sweet furniture loot.

Man, with some of the fish I caught in that game I might as well have been fighting demons.

daydream

Banned
1. Promoting your current game on a casual live show is almost universally dull, which is predominantly what indie do devs do.

2. People are interesting because of their years of built up experiences and interactions. People working in one-two man studios out of someone's apartment are not interesting.

I can't even contradict because you contradict yourself so much.

Zaph

Yeah, you couldn't be any further off the mark.

Just watch the recent Bombin with Mike Bithell. He goes into so much more detail about the finances around development and how Steam/PS+ arrangements work than you'd ever get from a studio dev.

Not saying they can't be great too, but dismissing indie devs like that is insane when they generally have far looser tongues. Are you completely forgetting Blow going at the MS shills? Or Phil Fish being....well, Phil Fish.

Unless all you want is JV/Barnette style craziness, which can be great, but could apply to any industry and are the types of funny anecdotes you hear from friends all the time.

No every single Indie dev is a hipster undergraduate with short temper.

There are a lot of veterans in the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom