• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmood88

Need more of Vinny playing old games. Anything that stops them playing Dark Souls.
I accept that it seems a popular game with the site, but the fact that almost every third video is a dark souls or spelunky/binding video has really cooled me on the site recently.

Very thankful for the UPF videos.
Yeah, I've barely watched any videos over the past couple months cause I'm tired of the Dark Souls shit.

Looking at a bit of Sessler's Infamous Review, he states Sony mandated many sections of the game cannot be shown pre-release (for reviews). In fact, only certain sections of the beginning of the game are allowed to be captured. I guess this would also mean GB Quick Looks are affected in the game way - which must be the reason behind the Infamous Quick Look getting pushed back to tomorrow (it was originally scheduled to go up along side the review).

Bsigg12

Jeff reviewed Second Son? Whaaaaaaaaaaat

They talked about it in the bombcast this week. Brad had reviewed both games previous to this one and Jeff felt it would be better for someone else to do it. It seems like he wants to vary who does what reviews more so people aren't tied to genres.

Looking at a bit of Sessler's Infamous Review, he states Sony mandated many sections of the game cannot be shown pre-release (for reviews). In fact, only certain sections of the beginning of the game are allowed to be captured. I guess this would also mean GB Quick Looks are affected in the game way - which must be the reason behind the Infamous Quick Look getting pushed back to tomorrow (it was originally scheduled to go up along side the review).

I guess they don't want some of the other powers to be spoiled, or so I presume.

Hmm, so what was the review brad said he was writing in the Vinnyvania video?

Pretty sure he is reviewing Ground Zeroes.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
They talked about it in the bombcast this week. Brad had reviewed both games previous to this one and Jeff felt it would be better for someone else to do it. It seems like he wants to vary who does what reviews more so people aren't tied to genres.

Dark Souls 3: 1/5
"Fuck this game."
-Jeff Gerstmann

Hey so i was correct after all :p

Jeff reviewed Second Son? Whaaaaaaaaaaat

Yea i noticed it since he was playing it alot on my friendslist, plus he confirmed it during the bombcast while talking about reviewers playing certain games of a series they played before.

Him giving it that score sends a strong message to me since iirc he was never a fan of the previous Infamous games

V_Ben

Banned
Hey so i was correct after all :p

Yea i noticed it since he was playing it alot on my friendslist, plus he confirmed it during the bombcast while talking about reviewers playing certain games of a series they played before.

Him giving it that score sends a strong message to me since iirc he was never a fan of the previous Infamous games

Aye, was distinctly impressed he gave it such a good score for that very reason!

theytookourjobz

Where's Rorie? I only caught the first half hour last night before I went to bed, but I thought I heard him say that he's 20 hours in but isn't making progress like Brad and Vinny are.

They didn't load his save and I'm not sure he said exactly where he was. He did mention that he'd beat 5 bosses but didnt say which. He is on the feature primarily to be "pretty sure" of things that are patently wrong.

They didn't load his save and I'm not sure he said exactly where he was. He did mention that he'd beat 5 bosses but didnt say which. He is on the feature primarily to be "pretty sure" of things that are patently wrong.

I was pulling my hair out whenever Rorie was saying things during the Castlevania video.

Normally it doesn't bother me but he was kind of just opening his mouth to let all sorts of wrong information out every two seconds.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, I enjoy those. "So Capcom only does Street Fighter now?" (paraphrasing) was a pretty good one.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Dark Souls Too Part 2 was awesome. Those boss battles cracked me up. XD

Yea, I screamed in unison with Vinny and the rest during the initial Slug boss fight. Never witnessed anyone get eaten in my several encounters with it(grinding sunstones in co-op) so I was thrilled to see that play out and what an epic standoff!

This is now my favorite giant bomb lore

I like rorie anyway but holy shit

I couldn't ever articulate it but you did a great job

FStop7

Banned
ibhSYqPiCWzHvE.gif

Lang zone.

I fucking miss ryan

I had the weirdest dream a couple of nights ago. I was watching a Giant Bomb stream, and Ryan was bouncing Jeff on his knee like he was a little kid. As he did this Ryan would speak to Jeff in baby talk and make kissy faces at him. And Jeff just had this pained look of misery on his face. And the camera kept zooming in closer and closer in on Ryan's puckered lips until they were all distorted and pixelated and filled the entire screen. It was hilarious and when I woke up I was bummed.

Kerned

Banned
Lang zone.

I had the weirdest dream a couple of nights ago. I was watching a Giant Bomb stream, and was Ryan bouncing Jeff on his knee like he was a little kid. As he did this Ryan would speak to Jeff in baby talk and make kissy faces at him. And Jeff just had this pained look of misery on his face. And the camera kept zooming in closer and closer in on Ryan's puckered lips until they were all distorted and pixelated and filled the entire screen. It was hilarious and when I woke up I was bummed.

I wish David Lynch directed my dreams too.

Ostinatto

i have nothing personal against Brad, and i think he is a pretty good reviewer of video games and journalist, but , i can't believe that a person who play video games for a living could be so bad at it.

after watching him play Demon's Souls, I'm convinced that he is the worst video game player in Giant Bomb's world. here is my list for the best Giant bomb video game players:

1- Kleplek
2- Gerstmann
3- Rorie
4- Caravella
5-...
6-...
7-...
8-...
9-...
10- Shoemaker

" hmmm, hang on a second... is that a boss? "
2599266-2322424-persona_brad_t.png

You do realize Brad plays like that to portray the everyman, the median, the xXXBatman420Xx's of the world. He is method acting as the irrational player that has flashes of brilliance only to fail at the moments we expect him to.

Roleplaying as someone that learns nothing from past experiences, get greedy trying to get that extra attack, not reading text, he has helped game designers make text larger, buttons flash more intensely, take camera control away from players, set a arrow marker if you linger too long at one spot, make more checkpoints when you die, make lights more intense on the path that leads you to the main objective.

I salute you Brad. You are my canary in the deep mines of level design.

Goldmund

You do realize Brad plays like that to portray the everyman, the median, the xXXBatman420Xx's of the world. He is method acting as the irrational player that has flashes of brilliance only to fail at the moments we expect him to.

Roleplaying as someone that learns nothing from past experiences, get greedy trying to get that extra attack, not reading text, he has helped game designers make text larger, buttons flash more intensely, take camera control away from players, set a arrow marker if you linger too long at one spot, make more checkpoints when you die, make lights more intense on the path that leads you to the main objective.

I'll accept your reality.

demidar

Stooping to alt accounts Brad? Really?

beatnik11

Neo Member
i can't believe that a person who play video games for a living could be so bad at it.

I usually stay away from the whole Brad is bad at video games thing because after all I have been playing games for almost 30 years and I still really terrible at some games. However that quicklook he did with AC: Liberation was truly awful. I found it hard to watch while I kept saying WTF are you doing Brad open up you fucking eyes.

Sorry Brad, I still love you

brad's real issue is that he spends too much time in this thread, defending how terrible of a gamer he is, when he should be playing games instead. Stop looking in this thread brad! Those crystal lizards aren't going to chase themselves, you know.

I had the weirdest dream a couple of nights ago. I was watching a Giant Bomb stream, and was Ryan bouncing Jeff on his knee like he was a little kid. As he did this Ryan would speak to Jeff in baby talk and make kissy faces at him. And Jeff just had this pained look of misery on his face. And the camera kept zooming in closer and closer in on Ryan's puckered lips until they were all distorted and pixelated and filled the entire screen. It was hilarious and when I woke up I was bummed.

Anthropologists should study this thread.

Ostinatto

iErPkZxQvbuKi.gif

Just catching up with this week's Bombcast (got 20 minutes left), and so far I'm loving all the new BEEF. They really need to do a full-on BEEFcast, and invite listeners from around the world to air their trivial Intra-territorial disputes.

Zaph

Can we get LackingSaint in here to animate this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom