• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvk1

I loved it, it was a great mix of every type of character you could imagine.

Giant Bomb: bringing different worlds together.

That last segment was the truth though.

They have to get Langnocchi (trademark) drunk and on camera more.

Jintor

I listened to the dumptruck with the woman from Microsoft, talking about playtesting. She mentions Arkham City as having the one best first hours of any game she's seen. Personally I thought AC had one of the worst first hours I've played, I almost put the game down because it was so 'hand-holdy'. So screw their playtests.

You crazy? It's the only chance you have to play with the Bruce Wayne skin and beat the shit out of everyone

V_Ben

Banned
Watching the archive, just got to DOTA TONIGHT. This is just god damn glorious in general.

You crazy? It's the only chance you have to play with the Bruce Wayne skin and beat the shit out of everyone

It's such a masterful exercise in scene setting, totally agree. From the little touches that help build that world, up to the point where you finish the two face encounter that game starts off in such a great way.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
My internet isn't bad and Twitch is also terrible on it.

I loved it, it was a great mix of every type of character you could imagine.

Giant Bomb: bringing different worlds together.

That last segment was the truth though.

They have to get Langnocchi (trademark) drunk and on camera more.

If only they had Adam there it woulda been perfect

Did Burnett try to defend Dungeon Keeper??

Yes. And oh man, the whole time I was saying stop out loud. It was a bad scene. I think he's a really cool dude with some great stories but he should take his medicine with that one or just flat out shut that conversation down. "The microtransactions aren't as aggressive as..." Choice quote.

Mr. F

Banned
Yes. And oh man, the whole time I was saying stop out loud. It was a bad scene. I think he's a really cool dude with some great stories but he should take his medicine with that one or just flat out shut that conversation down. "The microtransactions aren't as aggressive as..." Choice quote.

I think Jeff asked about Dungeon Keeper as punishment for sitting on the CBSi couch™ like a dirty child

megalowho

I think it's worthwhile to get a look into the mindset behind a product like Dungeon Keeper, or at the very least the tangled justification behind it. Paul didn't win any arguments doing so but still a perspective worth hearing, especially with Rami + Twinbeard having a solid grasp on the dangers of careless F2P design. Glad Jeff steered the conversation towards it.

The segment wasn't bad, but he was. He never actually addressed the problem with the game, deflected criticism by making reference to nasty things people said in reviews, then somehow concluded that free to play games would be an art form in 5 years. If that was the best defense of the game he could muster, he should have refrained from commenting.

I actually found the weirder part how he basically repeated his visiting Valve story from last year.

Kerned

Banned
Barnett has always struck me as a self-absorbed jackass when he's been on other GB streams, so I'm not exactly shocked by what I am reading today. I haven't watched last night's stream yet though.

graboids

the ending with Ed Boone, Lang and Johnny V was awesome... I can't hear Dave Lang without thinking of Super Dave Osborne.

Also Phil Fish was pretty great too.

Lingxor

i9hWtePt1tzxz.gif

I have a feeling that this gif is going to be around for a while.

komplanen

The orc guy from Mythic was quite pathetic trying to defend Dungeon Keeper but that's just what he's like. What ever he's ever worked on he's drinked the Cool Aid by the bucket.

Last segment with drunk Johnny V. and Dave L. was the shit. I laughed out loud and clapped throughout the whole part.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Maybe late, but I missed this email yesterday:

Hello!

This is Rorie from Giant Bomb. If you're receiving this email, you ordered a Nighthawks poster from us sometime in the last month or so. Many of you have likely already received shipping confirmation emails, and some of you have already received your posters, in which case you can go ahead and stop reading now, you lucky devil! The rest of you, though...

Unfortunately a number of the signed posters were damaged after leaving Giant Bomb to the warehouse where they were going to be tubed up and shipped out. We know that many of you are going to be framing this print, and we obviously don't want to ship anything out that's going to leave you disappointed, so rather than ship out a product that might not live up to your expectations, we've decided to print a few hundred more posters, have them delivered directly to Giant Bomb, sign them, then ship them via a messenger service to the warehouse to prevent more damage. When they arrive, all remaining orders will be fulfilled.

I really apologize for the delays in getting these posters out to you. I've definitely learned a lot from the whole endeavour (namely: selling signed posters is a hell of a hassle), but hopefully the poster will arrive nice and shiny if you haven't already received it.

If you've changed your mind on this whole poster business, feel free to get in touch at support@giantbomb.com and I can cancel and refund your order.

Apologies again,

Rorie

Infamous Quick Look should have gone up a few minutes ago but no sign of it yet.

Despite all the reviews, trailers, gameplay streams, and my knowledge of previous InFamous games (didn't love them), I am SO on the fence about Second Son. I was honestly going to let the Quick Look decide it for me. I'm sitting here eating lunch, ready to watch it. I'm either going to go to Best Buy immediately after watching the Quick Look, or just not buy it.

And now, at the moment of truth....no Quick Look.

Seems weird for them to hold a Quick Look of a major release until noon anyway. Why not earlier in the day? Wouldn't 9am be the normal time? (12 pacific)

Kerned

Banned
Despite all the reviews, trailers, gameplay streams, and my knowledge of previous InFamous games (didn't love them), I am SO on the fence about Second Son. I was honestly going to let the Quick Look decide it for me. I'm sitting here eating lunch, ready to watch it. I'm either going to go to Best Buy immediately after watching the Quick Look, or just not buy it.

And now, at the moment of truth....no Quick Look.

Seems weird for them to hold a Quick Look of a major release until noon anyway. Why not earlier in the day? Wouldn't 9am be the normal time? (12 pacific)

I am pretty sure I read that video coverage of certain aspects of the game was embargoed until a later date than the written review embargo. I assume that's the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom