• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcynika

Just got my poster! It's not the elusive Alexis signature one nor the elusive Drew blood one, which means a temporary setback in my plan to plunder Alexis' bank account to fund an army of Drew clones.

My poster was delivered yesterday to my parents, I have to go pick it up and see if I have Alexis signature or the blood of Drew on it still!

JeTmAn81

I, like, hate it when I'm like, listening to the, like, Bombcast, and like I notice how much Patrick says like. Cannot unhear.

faridmon

Yaiba looked fun in that Quicklook. Simple, dumb fun with just mind-numbing dialogue that occasional make you chuckle of its stupidity and some visual flare.

Not for full price mind!

LiK

Yaiba looked fun in that Quicklook. Simple, dumb fun with just mind-numbing dialogue that occasional make you chuckle of its stupidity and some visual flare.

Not for full price mind!

I can't believe it's $60 on Steam. I'll bite at $10

Xater

Sweet I'm totally on the Bottas bandwagon. Love his all or nothing attitude.

I'm just going to be kinda patriotic and continue rooting for my German countrymen.

Alt-F1 btw is really good. It got me back into F1 and I am already looking forward to the race in Malaysia this weekend.

I'll bite at never, because why waste time on garbage?

Zaph

Wow, this Johnny guy has a wife? Yikes...
About 3 E3's ago, Johnny and Adam Boyes did this great roadtrip video stream of their journey to the show. Johnny's (then) fiancée was present for some of it, and the chat was just full of people saying how much he's punching above his weight. Felt bad for the guy, but they all found it hilarious. Besides, the stream was amazing - Adam was just talking for hours about the business development side of gaming. He really knows he shit, no surprised at all Sony snapped him up.

It's £50 ($80) in the UK. I have to imagine this was a publisher intern's first time using the Steam platform tools.

Lombax

Banned
About 3 E3's ago, Johnny and Adam Boyes did this great roadtrip video stream of their journey to the show. Johnny's (then) fiancée was present for some of it, and the chat was just full of people saying how much he's punching above his weight. Felt bad for the guy, but they all found it hilarious. Besides, the stream was amazing - Adam was just talking for hours about the business development side of gaming. He really knows he shit, no surprised at all Sony snapped him up.

Is there a link to this magic that you speak of?

Yaiba is £50 on Steam in the UK. That's a £20 premium on most PC new releases and £10 more than retail console games.

If anyone actually purchased it in this country I would be amazed and slightly disgusted.

ArjanN

Yaiba is £50 on Steam in the UK. That's a £20 premium on most PC new releases and £10 more than retail console games.

If anyone actually purchased it in this country I would be amazed and slightly disgusted.

I got the Steam version from a trader for 20 bucks. :p

LiK

I'm just going to be kinda patriotic and continue rooting for my German countrymen.

Alt-F1 btw is really good. It got me back into F1 and I am already looking forward to the race in Malaysia this weekend.

I'll bite at never, because why waste time on garbage?

I like to try garbage games. I need to see if I'll end up enjoying them.

justjim89

So, Eric Pope converted WWE wrestler Xavier Woods to team Windjammers. This is getting out of hand. And it's all Giant Bomb's fault.

2613257-screenhunter_731+mar.jpg

AcridMeat

Banned
I like Kimmi as well but I'm suomi so :)
< :D
1993 Williams had the best sponsorship:

4646416877_309db44c28.jpg
Was always fond of the Marlboro McLarens myself.
The Martini livery just reminds me of old Lancia rally cars

And SEGA Rally
Well, yes, but it's very specifically when they were in F1. I love the Lancia Delta Integrale and the 037. The Stratos is my favorite rally car ever though.
Kcil9OU.jpg

If more folks are getting interested in F1 they should head over to F1-GAF as well. Always nice to see new faces there.

edit: I think I'm going to faint.

Mr. F

Banned
Has there been any word on whether today's Bombcast has been recorded yet? There have been some... developments... that I hope they talk about.

My first thought as well, kind of why I wish the bombcast was recorded later in the week sometimes, it sucks to have to wait for the next podcast for news that breaks out at inopportune times.

Drakeon

Bombcast needs to add a section to talk about this Facebook acquiring Occulus stuff, just like when they did for the whole infinity ward scandal going down. Obviously this only applies if they already fully recorded the thing. Can't wait til next week to hear their thoughts on it.

FluxWaveZ

My first thought as well, kind of why I wish the bombcast was recorded later in the week sometimes, it sucks to have to wait for the next podcast for news that breaks out at inopportune times.

There was one time, and only once I can really recall, where they actually had recorded an emergency, small segment because of breaking news that was edited into the podcast that they had initially finished recording on the usual Monday, two years ago or so.

Bombcast needs to add a section to talk about this Facebook acquiring Occulus stuff, just like when they did for the whole infinity ward scandal going down.

Ah, yeah, that must have been the one.

Lunzio

Bombcast needs to add a section to talk about this Facebook acquiring Occulus stuff, just like when they did for the whole infinity ward scandal going down. Obviously this only applies if they already fully recorded the thing. Can't wait til next week to hear their thoughts on it.

You'll probably get some cursory discussion in UPF. Jeff's already said a couple of things on twitter.

"I feel like I should be largely indifferent or lightly positive about the Oculus stuff, but I’m uneasy and/or disappointed. Not sure why."
&
"Just strikes me as Facebook saying “oh man, the world is passing us by” and opening the wallet to buy some coolness. Dunno!"

RE_Player

If there was anytime to do one of those impromptu news streams like the one Patrick and Alex did for Irrational now is the time. Oculus buyout, Disney buying Maker Studios, several Sony departures including Seth Killian etc.

If there was anytime to do one of those impromptu news streams like the one Patrick and Alex did for Irrational now is the time. Oculus buyout, Disney buying Maker Studios, several Sony departures including Seth Killian etc.

I agree, I'd like to see Patrick and Alex's opinions outside of twitter. Wonder if they'll record another segment for the bombcast.

Mr. F

Banned

At the risk of sounding shitty I'd prefer a SF office impromptu stream more so than a Patrick/Alex one, although I did appreciate them doing that for the Irrational closure news.

Hell, maybe I'll even tune into the Tested podcast and see how
much they get wrong when
they cover it.

Chuck

Still without luck
Hell, maybe I'll even tune into the Tested podcast and see how
much they get wrong when
they cover it.

will said he wasn't surprised on twitter about facebook buying oculus. you cannot be any more full of shit than that. you just can't.

Haines

Banned

Maker owned by shay Carl??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom