• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb #7 | Hey There, Small Business Owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan

You can punch the ropes off the gondola.

In case anyone's curious about the status of this game:

[NOT IMPLEMENTED]

- a fix for the falling state (for situations where Gang Beasts shouldn’t be rigid but are, for example hanging from ropes or falling from elevated platforms to make it easier to swing on ropes and to make falling more consistent)
- make menu work with keyboard and controller input
- no kicking move (for kicking prostrate / supine enemies)
- no elbowing move (for elbowing players immediately behind)
- no climbing implementation (for getting back onto the gondola / truck / world)
- no stamina system (for suspending grapples and limiting the success of punch spamming)
- no health bar shown above characters head when taking damage
- characters receive insufficient damage when colliding with objects / surfaces
- falling state is not triggered when characters are lifted or run off elevated platforms
- characters will die if associated controller is not connected
- occasionally a character will get knocked out permanently
- characters looking at specific targets have their capacity to turn quickly reduced
- no mobs / AI for single player mode
- no team mode
- no tournament mode
- no draw state

[CHANGE LOG]

[0.0.2]

- fixed a knockout bug that could make characters stay permanently unconscious
- fixed an issue that made some characters more prone to knockouts
- fixed clipping issues in the Sandbox stage
- modified Truck stability to make Truck suspension less erratic
- optimised the lighting on the Grind stage to improve performance
- added "Incinerator" stage
- added "Wheel" stage
- added "Street" co-op test stage
- added AI enemies to "Sandbox" and "Street" stage
- added wince / grimace character animation (e.g. Gang Beasts' eyes close briefly when hurt)
- added health bars (green/red bar to show current health immediately after injury)
- additional sounds

The future is very exciting

Stream abruptly cut to black for me during gang beasts, is it over? Trying to reconnect gives a please stand by message.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like stream is over and archived already? Huh?

Pleasepleaseplease

As for PS4, tweet Adam Boyes, Gio Corsi, or any other Sony 3rd Party relations employee to show your interest in having the game on PS4. As for XB1, I'm not sure who their equivalents are. This is what they say on the site regarding PS4/XB1 versions: "We will publish version for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Wii U consoles if we can secure the necessary licenses."

Stream abruptly cut to black for me during gang beasts, is it over? Trying to reconnect gives a please stand by message.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like stream is over and archived already? Huh?

As far as I understand it, once they turn off the stream it's over and it will cut you off wherever you were watching it - or perhaps it's a little while after they end it, like half an hour later. Anyways, you can watch any part of the stream while it's on air but you cannot watch it indefinitely.

def sim

ig8dEcNnK2eZ5.gif

Teddified

Couldn't watch live. Good show?

Pretty good, had Drew playing some taking care of horses game. Jeff bringing a device that counts button presses during 10 sec.

Then it went crazy with Vinny doing the Goat Simulator, and ending on Gang Beasts which had me laughing a lot.

Indignate

Always nice to see the guys actually have fun with a game and show it.

Especially Jeff. He's usually so good at keeping a straight face, so when he can't hold it you know it's a good show.

Haunted

Patrick firing shots at other "journalists" in the latest Binding of Patrick, daaamn.

Nothing major, just joked that he "doesn't trust Slovakians" when looking at the booze.
Oh man, I wouldn't trust Slovakian booze either.

Some of that stuff is vicious!

Great UPF!

But seriously how can you be baffled by the existence of handball?
They're completely ignorant of sports that are popular where they live and you expect them to know anything about sports that are popular in other countries? Just file it under their usual
American
ignorance/apathy and roll with it. :p

Turnstyle

Is the whisky media app for android not working for anyone else? I can't bring up the latest videos...it just sits in a loading loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom