• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Would love to watch Smash and SF but it's already past midnight over here. Will definitely watch the announcement though.

Joeku

Finally listened to the Fast 8 spoiler cast. Cannot believe nobody came up with the title "The Fast and FuriO.S." for Vinny's future F&F where there's a global network of automated cars that get shut down and the Familia Children have to come together.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Completely off-topic here, sorry!

I just finished Nier: Automata. I'm deeply saddened by how bad it's going to do in the GOTY discussions, going by the comments in this week's Bombcast. I think it's genuinely one of the best games not only this year, but of this generation of consoles so far.

I haven't played BotW yet (I'm still two Zeldas away: TP and SS), but at the moment Nier is my personal GOTY. I haven't felt so moved by a videogame since Undertale.

TRRwtVk.jpg

Joeku

Completely off-topic here, sorry!

I just finished Nier: Automata. I'm deeply saddened by how bad it's going to do in the GOTY discussions, going by the comments in this week's Bombcast. I think it's genuinely one of the best games not only this year, but of this generation of consoles so far.

I haven't played BotW yet (I'm still two Zeldas away: TP and SS), but at the moment Nier is my personal GOTY. I haven't felt so moved by a videogame since Undertale.

k1opIJp.gif

I'm still guessing top 3 if Jeff can make it through the duldrums of route B.

Finally listened to the Fast 8 spoiler cast. Cannot believe nobody came up with the title "The Fast and FuriO.S." for Vinny's future F&F where there's a global network of automated cars that get shut down and the Familia Children have to come together.
I loved them talking about each crew member's Carsona lol.

Joeku

Honestly I'm with Jeff on this one. I've heard so many great things about it and it makes me want to finish it, but I find the gameplay so incredibly repetitive and boring that I don't know if I can make it.

Drop it to easy and blast through that shit. Run past things you don't have to fight. It's worth skipping some gameplay.

Joeku

203d5d5a5b.png

9a794143c8.jpg

6333bcf09e.png

ffe7f0cd1c.png

cd78c10754.jpg

7dac79589f.png

Wait, people don't like Ben?

Youtube comments will shit on anyone for anything. The fact that they aren't calling Ben an SJW or saying he's the worst thing Giant Bomb has ever done or making fun of him physically should probably be taken as a win.

mintyice

Is this all from one video or did you trawl a bunch of comment sections to piece this together?

Everyone of the GB crew gets crap sometimes, best to just shrug it off.

All those comments were upvoted to the top. I didn't load more. I didn't search for negative ones. I was surprised that all those were near the top. I'm not cherry picking here.

Well Patrick wasn't great on videos when he was first hired. But he read the comments, took the useful constructive criticism, and got a lot better. He's not really the example to use for a "ignore the comments" argument.

This is not a commentary on Ben btw, I haven't even watched that video yet.

Chumley

Banned
203d5d5a5b.png

9a794143c8.jpg

6333bcf09e.png

ffe7f0cd1c.png

cd78c10754.jpg

7dac79589f.png

What I really don't like about the overbearingly hateful comments like this (besides how gross they are) is that they poison the well for anyone who actually wants to criticize Ben or anyone else on the crew in a constructive and polite way. If you go anywhere near having a negative thing to say about Ben now, it's a bad look because of shit like this.

Tagyhag

I haven't seen the video yet but if it's something like Ben's first PUBG video I could understand being disappointed.

Ben's much better when he's actually trying and not goofing off on purpose. Last PUBG is proof of that. He was great.

Chumley

Banned
I haven't seen the video yet but if it's something like Ben's first PUBG video I could understand being disappointed.

Ben's much better when he's actually trying and not goofing off on purpose. Last PUBG is proof of that. He was great.

Agree with this. When he's trying to goof its pure cringe, and that was a lot of what the Star Trek video was. When he just acts himself he's great, that's what GB has always been anyway.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
C'mon minty you're resorting to YouTube comments now?

Might as well pull up the ones when Austin was hired who hate him for being an sjw or black.

mintyice

C'mon minty you're resorting to YouTube comments now?

Might as well pull up the ones when Austin was hired who hate him for being an sjw or black.

I'm not the head of some anti-Ben plot here. I was watching that QL and was amazed by the comments. Granted I never usually read the comments anyway, but seeing all that anti-Ben sentiment being so close to the top is fascinating/shocking. Obviously it isn't just some small band of people that don't like the dude.

Antiwhippy

I'm not the head of some anti-Ben plot here. I was watching that QL and was amazed by the comments. Granted I never usually read the comments anyway, but seeing all that anti-Ben sentiment being so close to the top is fascinating/shocking. Obviously it isn't just some small band of people that don't like the dude.

It's been kind of the trend. You see these comments popping up.

I think people couldn't give less of a shit about what YouTube comments think of you though.

Chumley

Banned
It's been kind of the trend. You see these comments popping up.

I think people couldn't give less of a shit about what YouTube comments think of you though.

The comments themselves are of course trash but I think the number of upvotes for anti-ben comments in general are higher than I remember for any new hire. People are not warming up to Ben like they did with Austin, Patrick, Dan, or Abby.

Antiwhippy

The comments themselves are of course trash but I think the number of upvotes for anti-ben comments in general are higher than I remember for any new hire. People are not warming up to Ben like they did with Austin, Patrick, Dan, or Abby.

Dude do you remember the days where every Patrick and Austin video inevitably got a certain ratio of downvotes? Because it happened, and the reasons for it were bad.

Not to say it's the same reasons for Ben because he's obviously not like those dudes.

I don't mind Ben, my only critique is that he seems to try to chime in a bit too often if anything. The only other thing I have is shitty and unfair so I don't say this against him, more as just something that can't be helped.
I listen to all my pods on headphones and Ben's throaty voice is a little rough on my ears.

Dude do you remember the days where every Patrick and Austin video inevitably got a certain ratio of downvotes? Because it happened, and the reasons for it were bad.

Not to say it's the same reasons for Ben because he's obviously not like those dudes.

don't forget when they were hazing the bright young upstart alex navarro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom