• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Alex wanting a nemesis system in Yakuza makes me feel like he completely misses the point of the series.

Yakuza that is a procedurally generated game would not be the same game. You come to Yakuza because of the crafted melodramatic fun bullshit and crafted dumb sidestories.

Alex wanting a nemesis system in Yakuza makes me feel like he completely misses the point of the series.

Yakuza that is a procedurally generated game would not be the same game. You come to Yakuza because of the crafted melodramatic fun bullshit and crafted dumb sidestories.

Kuze is the ultimate nemesis

I don't know, having a nemesis system would be kind of cool, I wouldn't want it to be the main focus of the combat or story but it could make fighting street goons a little less repetitive.

Page 234 should be burned in a trashfire. Anyways, I fucked around with Fortnight for 4 hours. I enjoyed and had fun with it especially playing with my cousin. I was shocked at how many systems it has and can't help but feel that it sort of over complicates things in a bad way yet at the same time I feel that it's a good thing as well because it makes me want to keep playing so I could see how far this actually goes.

Like look at this shit
R0eVH1D.jpg

HKqxVOD.jpg

q1eBmdB.jpg

mNNcIuU.jpg

Naw4JV3.jpg

TnV5jqn.jpg

Uvvfv2I.jpg

AuZYuH4.jpg

ITw5aXW.jpg

muU6pIq.jpg

They got separate XPs for everything. Upgrading guns, your base, your character, survivors, defenders.etc shit's too much. They even got a real time based XP in the form of research points(can only be used on the research skill tree) and of course your old ass regular skill points for going through your skill tree. I don't know about you guys but my last knowledge of this game was in 2013 or some shit and that's about it so, I was surprised and horrified. I don't mind streaming it for you guys if anyone wants to see right now how it flows and all that as I too was wondering how the game was like.

Antiwhippy

Totally, but kuze is great because they actually made a specific story for him.

I don't get their fascination with the nemesis system in general.

Joeku

GB West? More like GB Westworld because lately, their content has been feeling pretty robotic #slamdunk ��

It doesn't look like anything to me.

Also, Jesus Christ, if Abby is 23 she was 14 when Giant Bomb started. Feel old, y'all.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
I mean I'm probably the only person in here who actually consumes waypoint content instead of memeing about it.

That binary domaincast.

Is a hell of a cast.

Also I'm pretty sure I've said at some point waypoint pubg content >> murder island.

I'll browse through Waypoint on occasion, but I really dislike their site design. I agree with the PUBG assessment. Part of my enjoyment seems to be that Austin and Patrick seem to be approaching it from a spirit of good faith, where they are actually trying to improve at the game. Murder Island just seems like a lot of the guys are fucking around (especially Dan) and that can only be amusing for so long.

Antiwhippy

I'll browse through Waypoint on occasion, but I really dislike their site design. I agree with the PUBG assessment. Part of my enjoyment seems to be that Austin and Patrick seem to be approaching it from a spirit of good faith, where they are actually trying to improve at the game. Murder Island just seems like a lot of the guys are fucking around (especially Dan) and that can only be amusing for so long.

I find the site layout easy to read but I've heard similar complaints.

Joeku

You play Get Even yet, DM?

Edit: Went to averagebomb.com to see if anything about the layout flew out at me, and lmao at the top story still being by Mike Diver, who got let go days ago.

if we want to talk about Waypoint, we can talk about how they laid off the one person that's been doing the only feature of theirs that I care about and how that sucks

Mike Diver was part of the layoffs Vice did recently, and he's been the only one doing Guide to Games videos lately

based on the shirt he's wearing in all of them, i'm assuming they gang-shot a bunch of these the last time he was at the new york office. it'll probably continue without him

but yeah, that sucks for him, especially since he was the only one there doing games stuff at vice for years

vice fucking sucks as a company and i hope they don't end up burning austin in the end

The nemesis system is not actually interesting
But what about how at the end of the game it reveals your ultimate nemesis and it's some rando you don't even remember because the game is hella easy and none of the warchiefs actually put up enough of a fight to be memorable

What about that huh

Nice! You enjoyed your time around here?

Yeah it was incredible you have an awesome city . Got to rep GB while there:

God I love it there . Went there for my sisters wedding and It was just gorgeous.
It truly is!

Yes.

The "fun" starts on page 234.
Oh god. WTF. Ben kicks ass.

Welcome back Dan.

Nothing out of the ordinary.
Thanks blitz and yeah looks like gbGAF never changes.

Dan has a gigabit internet connection now. He said that he pays only $65 a month for it. Meanwhile, I'm paying more than that for 10mbps down, 750kbps up :(((((

Page 234 should be burned in a trashfire. Anyways, I fucked around with Fortnight for 4 hours. I enjoyed and had fun with it especially playing with my cousin. I was shocked at how many systems it has and can't help but feel that it sort of over complicates things in a bad way yet at the same time I feel that it's a good thing as well because it makes me want to keep playing so I could see how far this actually goes.

Like look at this shit

They got separate XPs for everything. Upgrading guns, your base, your character, survivors, defenders.etc shit's too much. They even got a real time based XP in the form of research points(can only be used on the research skill tree) and of course your old ass regular skill points for going through your skill tree. I don't know about you guys but my last knowledge of this game was in 2013 or some shit and that's about it so, I was surprised and horrified. I don't mind streaming it for you guys if anyone wants to see right now how it flows and all that as I too was wondering how the game was like.

I'm actually really enjoying it. It's a gacha game that has some really fun mechanics and despite the 8 billion systems I've had no issues with progression yet. It's kind of everything that I want for a podcast game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom