• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

yDMs3Np.png

Not a fake tweet.

damn.. I really wanted to find out how to break into the game industry

soundtest

Banned
Almost half a year late, but it's about damn time. Summer is still young enough to do this. Haven't seen the first one since it came out. 20 minutes in and I can't yet tell if it aged horribly or amazingly.

that's funny, i watched fast 8 over the weekend and finally listened to their podcast on it.

theyre so wrong about their rankings, fast 7 is very clearly the top one and there is little competition

Rainmaker

Banned
industry, games, breaking in... things of that nature

FAST 8 ruined the series. There's no coming back from some of the things they did.

Lari

If I never watched any Fast & Furious movie beyond the first one should I watch them all first or can I just watch with the commentary?

Been curious about their commentary tracks. But essentially watching every movie twice might be a little hard time-wise.

jIzfJmZ.png

One year since first live bombcast can i get a hell yeah

If I never watched any Fast & Furious movie beyond the first one should I watch them all first or can I just watch with the commentary?

Been curious about their commentary tracks. But essentially watching every movie twice might be a little hard time-wise.

Watch it with the commentary. I watched all of them for the first time with commentary and it was a blast.

I love the series but honestly I think you should be fine if you just want to watch them with the commentary tracks. They fill in plot blanks anyway because Dan.

TraBuch

Banned
Watch them with commentary first if you want, but turn on subtitles if you care about the plot. They tend to talk over dialogue.

Joeku

industry, games, breaking in... things of that nature

FAST 8 ruined the series. There's no coming back from some of the things they did.

Sadly I gotta agree. They did some late-era Metal Gear Solid retcon shit. Still fun overall but it is losing me.

Watch the series with commentary, but watch Tokyo Drift without then with it, since it's the best film ever made.

soundtest

Banned
from what i saw from watching the first 3 films with the commentary, Alex cant help himself and foreshadows way too much of the good stuff later in the series. I wouldnt watch it w/ commentary unless you dont mind it being sorta ruined, which is a weird thing to say about these movies

I don't mean this as a shot at you, but for how much I'm shocked people still use "taped" when they record a digital video, I'm even more shocked that "tape delayed" as a term is still around.

I use it because every two years I send some hate NBC's way for their constant tape delaying of the Olympics.

Uh oh, there's mechanical keyboard talk on the Bombcast? I'm sure it's very well-informed.

Here's the totally real transcript:

"Yeah man I dunno, I know some people enjoy them but I just have zero interest in that sort of stuff"
"I haven't used one but I heard on Twitter they weren't actually that great, I dunno if anyone here can say one way or the other?"
"The fuckin... the feels of the keys, man. It's pretty... pretty fuckin dope"

guess who's who

Ah shame, I was looking forward to saving it for tomorrow and treat it as an extra BOMBcast of sorts which is what I usually do for the call-in shows.
Speaking of Drew. Hasn't been any new #content from him in a while. That can't be all the videos from his Ukraine trip right?

He shot somewhere around 26 hours of footage because he didn't know what would be worth showing or not. He released an uncut version of the bunker trip which is over an hour and he has been releasing documents "dat secret sauce" of his trip in detail. What he did, how much he payed, the places he stayed in, the food he ate, tips'N'tricks.etc and it's wonderful.
This is off topic, but I saw Hans Zimmer live at Radio city last night. It was incredible. All the people in this thread who like Nolan should try and see the show if possible.

Yeah, I went to the one in London last month, on June 15th. It was pretty spectacular. I recorded the entire show(tripod FTW) except for the last 10 minutes, the battery died since the show was longer than 2 hours lol and I recorded some of it using my phone just to get a better view of the stage, here's some of that footage for those that are interested.

POC Medly 1
POC Medly 2
POC Theme
At one point, Trevor Horn(The Buggles) came on stage and they played "Video Killed The Radio Star" because Hans was playing the keyboard in the music video back in the day
And he was also a RAP GOD
Man of Steel theme
The Thin Red Line
Bane theme
Inception - Mombasa
Inception -Time

Here's the totally real transcript:

"Yeah man I dunno, I know some people enjoy them but I just have zero interest in that sort of stuff"
"I haven't used one but I heard on Twitter they weren't actually that great, I dunno if anyone here can say one way or the other?"
"The fuckin... the feels of the keys, man. It's pretty... pretty fuckin dope"

guess who's who

Oof. I don't even know. I think Jeff likes his?

The biggest misunderstanding people have with mechanical keyboards is that they don't realize how much they differ. Blues are going to feel basically 100% different than Reds, and it's not even like those two are just ends of a spectrum.

When someone says they "don't like mechanical keyboards," it just tells me they have no idea what they're talking about.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm listening to Abby's 1099 podcast and she keeps talking about that shirt video she edited... What is she talking about? I'm not seeing anything on the store or the article about the new shirts.

Edit: Oh wait, was she talking about the E3 video where they browse the shop?

Going through my GOTY re-listen, one of my favorite moments from 2013:

Brad: "Dota 2 is nothing short of not only the best game this year, but also the most important, the most interesting, and the most innovative."

Alex: "...okay, does anyone else in that room actually..."

Drew: "THE MOST INNOVATIVE?!"

Brad: "The error you're making is assuming that's a subjective opinion and not a flat fact."

drabnon

Brad: "Dota 2 is nothing short of not only the best game this year, but also the most important, the most interesting, and the most innovative."

Brad: "The error you're making is assuming that's a subjective opinion and not a flat fact."

Yeah that was great, and Alex with the follow up "Okay so clearly Brad's lost his mind".

Speaking of GOTY 2013, I was re-listening to it too, and does it feel like games ship less broken now? That year's hottest mess category was... intense. The "apology of the year" section is so good.

Should I get a mechanical keyboard for web development?

I have a mech keyboard with brown switches at home (even the browns are too loud for an office setting, there are quiet alternatives like o-rings and the new MX Silent switches but I don't wanna buy a whole new keyboard). It undeniably feels better than non-mechanical keyboards but I also don't feel like I'm missing out on much when I switch to, say, my laptop keyboard. I wouldn't say it has any special benefits for programming; your text editor matters far more than WPM or typing accuracy when it comes to actual productivity. It's just gonna feel a little more luxurious if you use a mechanical keyboard.

I have to go relisten to that. I think I purged it from my mind.

Joeku

Yeah that was great, and Alex with the follow up "Okay so clearly Brad's lost his mind".

Speaking of GOTY 2013, I was re-listening to it too, and does it feel like games ship less broken now? That year's hottest mess category was... intense. The "apology of the year" section is so good.

We're actually back to PC ports getting kind of shitty again. Squeenix not fixing Nier is a fucking sham.

Oakinn

He shot somewhere around 26 hours of footage because he didn't know what would be worth showing or not. He released an uncut version of the bunker trip which is over an hour and he has been releasing documents "dat secret sauce" of his trip in detail. What he did, how much he payed, the places he stayed in, the food he ate, tips'N'tricks.etc and it's wonderful.

Yeah, I went to the one in London last month, on June 15th. It was pretty spectacular. I recorded the entire show(tripod FTW) except for the last 10 minutes, the battery died since the show was longer than 2 hours lol and I recorded some of it using my phone just to get a better view of the stage, here's some of that footage for those that are interested.

POC Medly 1
POC Medly 2
POC Theme
At one point, Trevor Horn(The Buggles) came on stage and they played "Video Killed The Radio Star" because Hans was playing the keyboard in the music video back in the day
And he was also a RAP GOD
Man of Steel theme
The Thin Red Line
Bane theme
Inception - Mombasa
Inception -Time

As always DM, youve got the goods. This is really good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom