• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't find the picture from GoW1 where it says that a man is fighting Zeus and it's a picture from the future... I could've sworn it was posted in this thread.

Anyone?

Nizz

Anyone else have the game act weird at
the giant scorpion battle? I took its legs out using the Cestus and then it laid there. I started pounding away at it and nothing happened.
The one plus is that because of that, I ended up getting the "Hitman" trophy. :D

It must have been a glitch because I quit out and restarted and that creature was kicking my ass. I give it to you guys who are finishing this up on Titan and Chaos difficulty. I'm playing on Normal and it feels like a real struggle sometimes.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Man, my bro is still playing the game. Can't wait to replay it. :|

On the other hand...

Kratos__Chibi_Clone_48_by_Blind_Ita.gif

Finally started playing last night.

Holy fuck, it is awesome. I told myself only an hour, and played up to
Hercules

I've beaten the other GOW games on the hardest difficulty, and this one isn't that bad--there's been one or two tricky parts, but overall, nothing crazy.

But damn the God kills are brutal. DAMN.

Fox1304

Just went past the fight with
Hercules
. What a ride ! The fight was amazing. Perfectly orchestrated visually and musically, so epic !

Loudninja

Amir0x said:
The Cestus fucking destroys the Flame Cerberus. As soon as it spawns, just run behind it and start pounding, taking care to roll around trying to position yourself to the side of it, and whenever it swipes so it misses. The Cestus is so strong against the flame Cerberus that it only takes me about ten seconds until I have the first QTE up for head slicing goodness :lol

The Satyr's are the difficult part. Harder than the boss!

But it's not that difficult either. Make some distance between you and the flame Cerberus so it doesn't feel compelled to join the fray (as often), and then simply grab the Satyr with circle. Do this three times and you'll instant kill the Satyr. At least, that works when there is one Satyr alone.

For the last phase with two Satyr's, simply switch to Hades weapon, then use Gorgon on each individually. Break stone Satyr's. You're done, since the Cerberus itself is so easy to kill.
Yeah thats what I did , man that battle was intense on normal cant imagine it on Titan.

BARKSTAR

Banned
I finally beat this on Titan through the week. Got to be honest it is the first trophy that I am proud to have acquired. The game was hard as hell at times and many people just ain't going to finish it on that mode.

What an amazing experience from start to finish. Some of the set pieces were just incredible and it takes a lot to amaze someone who has been gaming for so long but this delivered it in spades.

Was funny but after I finished it I thought to myself 'it will probably be a long time before a game gives me this sort of buzz and feel of epicness again!' I then went online and saw the new 'Metroid: Other M' trailer.... :D

It's a great year to be a games player!

Nizz

BARKSTAR said:
I finally beat this on Titan through the week. Got to be honest it is the first trophy that I am proud to have acquired. The game was hard as hell at times and many people just ain't going to finish it on that mode.

What an amazing experience from start to finish. Some of the set pieces were just incredible and it takes a lot to amaze someone who has been gaming for so long but this delivered it in spades.

Was funny but after I finished it I thought to myself 'it will probably be a long time before a game gives me this sort of buzz and feel of epicness again!' I then went online and saw the new 'Metroid: Other M' trailer.... :D

It's a great year to be a games player!
Congrats, man. I don't think I'll ever play this game on anything higher than normal. After I finish my first playthrough, I'm planning on playing again on easy. To pick up some more trophies and to soak in more of the game without feeling too much pressure. :D

BARKSTAR

Banned
purple cobra said:
Congrats, man. I don't think I'll ever play this game on anything higher than normal. After I finish my first playthrough, I'm planning on playing again on easy. To pick up some more trophies and to soak in more of the game without feeling too much pressure. :D

Thank you. Funny enough I plan on doing the same thing on Normal mode the next time around. Glad you are enjoying the game so far, it really is incredible sometimes. At times I loved and handled the majority of Titan difficulty ok but it'll be good to go through the game and enjoy it a bit more next time without cursing at the TV, stressing out and reminding myself why throwing a wireless controller toward the wall just ain't a great idea! :lol

BARKSTAR

Banned
Amir0x said:
Very hard mode is gonna be sick to play. Masochistic. Just how I like it!

I genuinely think that if I stuck in that I could finish that mode. But I'm just not going to bother due to the stress involved. There were a few parts of the game where I just know it is going to be a living nightmare!

I admire the bravery and good luck with the challenge! :D

Amir0x

Banned
The parts that'll probably piss me off are that one room toward the end of the Labyrinth with like fifty waves of enemies that lasts FOREVER. Scorpion might be slightly difficult. Fire Cerberus will be frustrating likely if I feel the game is fucking me.

I might have a little annoyance with the spike room but not much.

There was a few other places in the game that annoyed me a bit but I can probably get past them with little difficulty.

BARKSTAR

Banned
Amir0x said:
The parts that'll probably piss me off are that one room toward the end of the Labyrinth with like fifty waves of enemies that lasts FOREVER. Scorpion might be slightly difficult. Fire Cerberus will be frustrating likely if I feel the game is fucking me.

I might have a little annoyance with the spike room but not much.

There was a few other places in the game that annoyed me a bit but I can probably get past them with little difficulty.

You basically just touched upon every area that I was thinking about as I wrote my post. Even that Scorpion was a pain in the ass at times!

Although talking of driving myself insane with a game this brings me back to Viewtiful Joe on the Gamecube. Bloody hell...

jergrah

Argh - my game keeps freezing at the same spot after Daedalus gives his little speech and then the boxes realign and the side of one opens. Music just goes into a repeat mode and when I enter the door the loading symbol stays on screen.

Haven't had any other issues with the game or any PS3 games. Tried both manual saves and the auto-save. Has anyone else had this happen?

Dude Abides

Banned
This
falling down the tunnel bullshit after the labyrinth
is fucking stupid. This is not why anyone buys a god of war game.

Amir0x

Banned
BARKSTAR said:
You basically just touched upon every area that I was thinking about as I wrote my post. Even that Scorpion was a pain in the ass at times!

Although talking of driving myself insane with a game this brings me back to Viewtiful Joe on the Gamecube. Bloody hell...

The Scorpion was hella exploitable though. If you press circle by his baby scorpions, you went into this animation that essentially rendered you invincible to anything he was doing

Amir0x

Banned
man you guys said it was hard but i got it my first try too

i think the difficulty is mainly the very end since you seem to start going much faster and I did get hit twice down there but still survived

JaseMath

Dude Abides said:
This
falling down the tunnel bullshit after the labyrinth
is fucking stupid. This is not why anyone buys a god of war game.
It was neat the first time. After the second or third time, it got kinda old.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
there's a specific part that if you get hit once, you're basically dead, as you're all but stuck in the death zone of the screen and can't get out in time.

BARKSTAR

Banned
I never struggled with the flying sections at all and think I died only once during one of them. Whether I just had a fluke run or not while playing is hard to say without going back to try them again.

Although if anyone remembers them, I used to play the sewer stages of Batman Returns and the avalanche escape scenes in Cliffhanger on the Mega/Sega CD non stop back in the day so that maybe gave me a few skills to deal with these parts all these years later!

GQman2121

Banned
I just finished and wow.....expected ending, but still really good. I loved everything they went for in this game. They took calculated risks and I think they really paid off.

I'm completely satisfied and looking forward to going after the platinum.

Hixx

I only had a problem with the... 3rd I think flying part. Sandwiched inbetween
the last Labyrinth fight and the fire Cerberus fight
did it no favours either.

Finished Titan yesterday too, wasn't that bad. ~25 deaths, 8hrs, same as first run on Normal. Need the amazed trophy for the platinum, dunno if I cba to get it though.

BARKSTAR

Banned
HixxSAFC said:
I only had a problem with the... 3rd I think flying part. Sandwiched inbetween
the last Labyrinth fight and the fire Cerberus fight
did it no favours either.

Finished Titan yesterday too, wasn't that bad. ~25 deaths, 8hrs, same as first run on Normal. Need the amazed trophy for the platinum, dunno if I cba to get it though.

Good going. I died a heap of times but it was my first ever run at a God of War game and jumping in on Titan was maybe a mistake! The Scorpion, the never ending fight at the end and the one of the last boss fights caused me a heap of trouble. Also died a heap of times by misjudging the double jump for some reason. I did almost do the entire game in one sitting though and was getting pretty tired and frustrated at the end of it so would probably fare much better on another play through!

Dude Abides

Banned
nskinnear said:
What confuses me is how that one section managed to be 100x more difficult than the other two flying sections. It was just frustrating on Titan.

Yup. I am playing on Titan. I can take it when I have to do the
fight with the rotating spike rooms in the labyrinth
25 times before beating it because I need to get my skills up. That's fine because mastering combat is a big part of what makes GoW fun and challenging. Using your stick to maneuver a falling Kratos-on-rails? Not part of what makes GoW fun and challenging.

Hixx

BARKSTAR said:
Good going. I died a heap of times but it was my first ever run at a God of War game and jumping in on Titan was maybe a mistake! The Scorpion, the never ending fight at the end and the one of the last boss fights caused me a heap of trouble. Also died a heap of times by misjudging the double jump for some reason. I did almost do the entire game in one sitting though and was getting pretty tired and frustrated at the end of it so would probably fare much better on another play through!

I don't think I'd ever have finished it if I started on Titan, no doubt I would have been too frustrated at certain parts. The same tactics from normal work... you just have a LOT less health so playing on God is definitely beneficial. The game just has a pretty perfect learning curve imo.

ACE 1991

Ugh. I'm in the last stretch of the game (playing on normal) and the game is incredibly tough because I managed to miss pretty much all of the gorgon eye chests, so I have only the amount of health kratos starts with. Stupid me...

mehdi_san

I tried to search through the thread and I also checked the GoW official forums, but I keep finding different answers, so I thought I will ask again.
I just got my Ultimate Edition imported from the US, and while I redeemed the challenge room (from the PS Store) and the 2 soundtracks (from the website) with no problem, I can't redeem the code for the documentary. I keep getting the "this content cannot be accessed with your account". Some says it's because I'm outside the US but there are people on the GoW forums with the same problem even though they live in the US. So, does anyone have more information about this problem? Thanks :)

koene

I'm now playing on Titan and I feel it's the best difficulty. Normal was way too easy for me. Next I'm gonna go for Chaos. I know I'm up to it. I still think God Of War 2 on Titan difficulty was way harder.

God of War is so awesome. I'm gonna miss it :(

Flunkie

Banned
Okay, seriously.
I've been fighting Zeus inside Gaia for like 30 minutes now. I've not allowed him to refill his health, and I've pounded the shit out of him numerous times by now.

What gives?

Flunkie

Banned
That's what I've been doing. I'm playing through on Normal and I'm coming up on an hour of doing the exact same thing here.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
man..i love this game but i still cant forgive how just plain BAD the collision detection can be..its a glaring problem..especially during the challenges..i love how if im surrounded by ten enemies..9 of which you can grab and one which you cant..kratos will auto grab the guy that you CANT grab EVERY single damn time regardless of which direction you're holding..that shit is unbearable..would have been nice if they brought the rest of the game into next gen along with the amazing art direction and graphics.

Flunkie

Banned
Okay, I let myself die and did it over. It took like 2 minutes. Must've been a glitch or something.

That said, stupid ending.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
started on Chaos yesterday. I'm on the final stage of the Poseidon crab and what can I say... this mode is absolutely brutal. No margin for error.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Flunkie said:
Okay, I let myself die and did it over. It took like 2 minutes. Must've been a glitch or something.

That said, stupid ending.

The exact same thing happened to me.

Darunia said:
started on Chaos yesterday. I'm on the final stage of the Poseidon crab and what can I say... this mode is absolutely brutal. No margin for error.
Well 1-2 hit margin of error from full health for hard battles.

KAOz

Short bus special
Allright, got a question here.

I've allready Platinum'd this, and was thinking of glitching my way through Chaos mode. Now, I can't die and get the Difficulty-select while doing it on Chaos mode in the Challenge Area.

How do I do it? =/

BARKSTAR

Banned
Flunkie said:
Okay, seriously.
I've been fighting Zeus inside Gaia for like 30 minutes now. I've not allowed him to refill his health, and I've pounded the shit out of him numerous times by now.

What gives?

I know it ain't much help but persevere with it! On Titan mode I found this a major pain in the ass. I used the blades of Exile and kept magic and Rage of Sparta until I got desperate and with a barrage of hits and then using both of them when I was on the verge of death
(bloody clones!)
I got the QTE symbol that I was looking for!

Good luck.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
KAOz said:
Allright, got a question here.

I've allready Platinum'd this, and was thinking of glitching my way through Chaos mode. Now, I can't die and get the Difficulty-select while doing it on Chaos mode in the Challenge Area.

How do I do it? =/

Combat Arena, not Challenges

KAOz

Short bus special
neorej said:
Combat Arena, not Challenges

Sorry, I meant Combat Arena. :lol

It works on Titan and lower, but not on Chaos. And I know a guy here claimed he was playing it Glitched on Chaos, so.... does anyone know?

BeeDog

Alright, started the last boss fight on Titan, and holy shit the last quarter of the game has been utterly insane on this difficulty (can't imagine ever playing the game on Chaos). I thought that cerberus/satyr fight would be a breeze with the Gorgon trick, but holy shit if it still wasn't as difficult as the Elite Radec fight in KZ2.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BeeDog said:
but holy shit if it still wasn't as difficult as the Elite Radec fight in KZ2.
Nothing this generation will be as hard as this. Just that fight alone took more retries then I've had to do in all God of War games combined. And guess what? I still didn't beat it.

Fuck.

kikanny

Yoshichan said:
Nothing this generation will be as hard as this. Just that fight alone took more retries then I've had to do in all God of War games combined. And guess what? I still didn't beat it.

Fuck.
Lol. That Radec fight was so frustrating in the normal mode! I mean it wasn't hard, but just really cheap. I started to hate the game during that part. I mean WTF were they thinking?! I wanted to break the controller, the tv and go to Netherlands and beat up GG themselves. GRRRRR!

BeeDog

If anything, I bet you guys will agree with me that this game is completely unbalanced when it comes to the difficulty. The game was fuck-easy on Titan (yes, even the
Scorpion boss
) up until
some parts of the Labyrinth
, and then it became exponentially harder for every encounter. :p

Top Bottom