• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War III |OT|

Raist

Banned
Darunia said:
just managed to beat him. His second phase was actually the hardest, all the others were easy. Glad it's over with though. Onwards!

Nice :D

I can't believe I just got my ass kicked by
Hermes
:lol

edit: WTF. Can't beat him :lol

Raist

Banned
Jeebus. Already thought the fight against
Hercules
was annoying as hell on my first playthrough, but on Chaos mode it reaches a whole new level. Stupid boss.

Nizz

So I finished the game last night (on normal). What a ride! Was kind of bummed to see it end but that's what replays are for, right? I came short on getting a couple of trophies on my first playthrough.

I needed to upgrade
the Nemesis Whip
to get the trophy for upgrading all weapons. I also missed a couple of Minotaur horns to get the trophy for that. I have a question, if I start a new playthrough on lets say:easy.

All the challenge stuff remains unlocked, right? Can I also use the
fear Kratos skin
on a new replay on a different difficulty? I guess whatever godly possessions I found so far will have to be found from scratch also?

I'd like to play the game again on easy to snatch up whatever trophies I might have missed the first time through. All in all, great game and deserves all the sales it gets. Also ended up grabbing the GoW Collection also so I'll be playing through those again soon.

Loudninja

purple cobra said:
So I finished the game last night (on normal). What a ride! Was kind of bummed to see it end but that's what replays are for, right? I came short on getting a couple of trophies on my first playthrough.

I needed to upgrade
the Nemesis Whip
to get the trophy for upgrading all weapons. I also missed a couple of Minotaur horns to get the trophy for that. I have a question, if I start a new playthrough on lets say:easy.

All the challenge stuff remains unlocked, right? Can I also use the
fear Kratos skin
on a new replay on a different difficulty? I guess whatever godly possessions I found so far will have to be found from scratch also?

I'd like to play the game again on easy to snatch up whatever trophies I might have missed the first time through. All in all, great game and deserves all the sales it gets. Also ended up grabbing the GoW Collection also so I'll be playing through those again soon.

No you keep all godly possessions,but you have to beat the difficulty you are on to use them.For the challenges yes they remain unlock, for skins if use any of them trophies will be lock.

Nizz

Loudninja said:
No you keep all godly possessions,but you have to beat the difficulty you are on to use them.For the challenges yes they remain unlock, for skins if use any of them trophies will be lock.
Thanks.

Raist

Banned
Oh snap.

Here I am, entering the
labyrinth, knowing that I will soon suffer endless pain because of that stupid scorpion boss, and I forgot that before that comes the fight with the bajillion cyclops
:lol. Fuck :(

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Raist said:
Oh snap.

Here I am, entering the
labyrinth, knowing that I will soon suffer endless pain because of that stupid scorpion boss, and I forgot that before that comes the fight with the bajillion cyclops
:lol. Fuck :(

i'm there now (yeah i made some serious progress). first really tough spot in a while.

strideramc

Just finished the fight with
Hercules
. My favorite fight in the game so far. I wouldn't mind seeing him get his own spin off series. I am really going to hate to see this series come to an end, but I am sure they have something cooked up to keep the GoW franchise going.

Raist

Banned
Darunia said:
i'm there now (yeah i made some serious progress). first really tough spot in a while.

Yeah, worst part is when there's 4 of them. I saved the ride for the very last moment. Dodging 4 of them at the same time feels so awesome.

I'm at the
scorpion
right now. Completely retarded, as expected. Too many glitches :/

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Raist said:
Yeah, worst part is when there's 4 of them. I saved the ride for the very last moment. Dodging 4 of them at the same time feels so awesome.

I'm at the
scorpion
right now. Completely retarded, as expected. Too many glitches :/

what's your total deaths so far? mine's 204 :lol

yeah
scorpion's
insane. Can someone tell me how you can dodge his tail attack? I've always gotten by using cheap tricks so far (using magic when he's about to swipe nullifies damage), but now it seems like I'm actually gonna have to learn to avoid it... which seems impossible.

.GqueB.

Banned
purple cobra said:
My god at the part
where you and Pandora reach the room with the man hanging from chains from each arm.
. It's like they throw everything at you. Sirens, the soldiers with the shields, minataurs...

Just when I think the wave is over, another wave comes in with no end in sight it seems. And this is on normal. I can't imagine even trying this game on Titan. I've never been super great at the GoW games, or character action games in general. But I was feeling pretty damn proud of myself getting so far on normal. :lol
That part sent me for a loop. I was fighting for a good 5 minutes or so and swore to go I had to do something to get outta there. I went over to that lever and start pulling it thinking that was the answer. :lol

I've been playing on Titan and I have been enjoying it so far up until this point...I need some help

How in the fuck are you supposed to kill the Fire Cerberus, better yet how do I kill those annoying Satyrs! Satyrs are the only enemy in the game that I do not understand how I am supposed to kill, there has got to be a trick to them that I am not realizing.

Treb

Imperial Hot said:
I've been playing on Titan and I have been enjoying it so far up until this point...I need some help

How in the fuck are you supposed to kill the Fire Cerberus, better yet how do I kill those annoying Satyrs! Satyrs are the only enemy in the game that I do not understand how I am supposed to kill, there has got to be a trick to them that I am not realizing.

Normally when facing against Satyrs one on one you could just spam the O button and kill them that way. But during the Cerberus fight, try to freeze them using that Medusa summon and kill them while they are stoned. As for the Fire Cerberus, try to roll away after kicking one of the hounds against the Fire Cerberus to avoid getting hit by the other hounds and use arrows to hit him when you're far away.

Raist

Banned
Darunia said:

yeah
scorpion's
insane. Can someone tell me how you can dodge his tail attack? I've always gotten by using cheap tricks so far (using magic when he's about to swipe nullifies damage), but now it seems like I'm actually gonna have to learn to avoid it... which seems impossible.

Which one? During the first phase, or the
ice attack?

No idea for my number of deaths. Probably an insane amount :lol Where do you see that? Save file?

Loudninja

Raist said:
Which one? During the first phase, or the
ice attack?

No idea for my number of deaths. Probably an insane amount :lol Where do you see that? Save file?
Huh?you see you stats in the status menu during the game.

Raist

Banned
Loudninja said:
Huh?you see you stats in the status menu during the game.

303 :lol

I'm stuck right at
the entrance of the labyrinth. Fucking gold/blue jerks with a mace. I hate those.

Darunia said:

yeah
scorpion's

The highly-telegraphed tail attack? Use the jump Icarus dash. As the tail is reeling back and the camera pans out, run away from him, double jump, then dash... you should clear enough distance to not get hit.

I found that, on normal at least, a lot of the battles could be won using almost exclusively the bow. The entire
pre-Gaia-arriving part of the Zeus battle, I did using the bow, and didn't take a single hit. Him spawning his dudes put an end to that, but it's surprisingly effective, even when you're against two larger enemies. More than that and it gets a bit useless, except for stopping them whilst they're about to do an attack.

jett

D-Member
Kaltagesta said:
I found that, on normal at least, a lot of the battles could be won using almost exclusively the bow. The entire
pre-Gaia-arriving part of the Zeus battle, I did using the bow, and didn't take a single hit. Him spawning his dudes put an end to that, but it's surprisingly effective, even when you're against two larger enemies. More than that and it gets a bit useless, except for stopping them whilst they're about to do an attack.

The bow works on all difficulty levels on most bosses. Frankly it's way overpowered.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
corrosivefrost said:
The highly-telegraphed tail attack? Use the jump Icarus dash. As the tail is reeling back and the camera pans out, run away from him, double jump, then dash... you should clear enough distance to not get hit.

yeah i noticed that this helps. man this boss is such a bitch on chaos. I had little trouble with him on Titan, but here it's a whole different ball game. I can get through the first phase just fine, but then the little scorpions come and his tail attacks increase... hard.

jett

D-Member
JB1981 said:
Anyone else feel that while the combat has been improved, the game has overall LESS combat than the second?

I had that impression as well...well it's also a shorter game than GOW2. :p GOW2 took me about 14 hours the first time to finish, GOW3 just shy of 10.

Raist

Banned
Darunia said:
yeah i noticed that this helps. man this boss is such a bitch on chaos. I had little trouble with him on Titan, but here it's a whole different ball game. I can get through the first phase just fine, but then the little scorpions come and his tail attacks increase... hard.

What I do is
hit all his legs till they turn red before breaking 3 of them to launch the first QTE. Makes it easier to break the rest afterwards.

Live: So, played on normal yet? Last I heard you had a hard time beating the game on easy :p

I'm now at the retarded endless fight in
Daedalus'
cage. Fun times.

Facism

Raist said:
What I do is
hit all his legs till they turn red before breaking 3 of them to launch the first QTE. Makes it easier to break the rest afterwards.

Live: So, played on normal yet? Last I heard you had a hard time beating the game on easy :p

I'm now at the retarded endless fight in
Daedalus'
cage. Fun times.

Breezed through titan with 40 deaths.

Only 2 of those were on the scorpion :lol

The Chef

Damn the Poseidon fight is probably the greatest opening ever for a videogame. That's really saying something for a game that has come out only months after Uncharted 2.

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK YOU FIRE CEBERUS AND FUCKING SATYRS EAT MY DICK!

That part was such a fucking bitch.

Raist

Banned
Facism said:
no culture amirite?

:p

Check your PM in a bit.

Anyways, I'm still stuck on that endless fight. Not raging, I actually enjoy the challenge. Way more interesting than this stupid insect.

rhino4evr

I'm playing on normal and just got to the fire cerebus. Hardest part of the game so far, which is saying something considering some of the battles I just fought.

Did someone say this game is too easy? It ain't dmc3 or ninja gaiden but it's not easy by any stretch.

Also the level design had really stepped up the last few hours, I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the end game.

I got all the items pretty early and am now just. Collecting orbs. Less then a thousand before I max out weapons

question: can u get the dog kicking trophy from kicking the fire dogs? I kicked a bunch but no trophy

Owzers

I should have put this game on Easy, it's kicking my butt. Just fought my 3rd major God, including poseidon. The part where the minotaurs were breaking the chain was ridiculous till i stopped using the second weapon you get....then it gets manageable for someone who is good ( not me )

Raist

Banned
sillymonkey321 said:
I should have put this game on Easy, it's kicking my butt. Just fought my 3rd major God, including poseidon. The part where the minotaurs were breaking the chain was ridiculous till i stopped using the second weapon you get....then it gets manageable for someone who is good ( not me )

Don't worry, it's gonna be fine.

This is a terrible lie. From that point difficulty is going to ramp up exponantially. Good luck.

Beat the game on Titan, but I need a few more trophies to get the platinum. I did all the challenges in a couple hours, and even though there were a couple that were a bitch, I think Titan prepared me well for them. It was pretty shocking how easy it was to kill the Cyclops and Minotaurs on Normal difficulty after being used to the harder difficulty.

I want to go through it on another run to get the rest of the trophies, but I don't think I have the patience for chaos. Might actually drop down and play it on Normal just to breeze through it and feel like a badass now that I'm used to Titan. It kinda blows you can't use the treasures and still get trophies on a second playthrough.

How much does the difficulty ramp up from titan to chaos? I've heard it's not as terrible as GoWII on the hardest difficulty, but I'm still nervous I will just end up hating the game if I do my second playthrough on chaos. I died a TON of times on titan...way more than I'd like to admit.

JB1981 said:
Anyone else feel that while the combat has been improved, the game has overall LESS combat than the second?

Definitely felt this, and it's by far my biggest complaint with the game. I like the variety they added, but I still wish there were just more fights. Felt like the frequency of fights was much lower than the previous two games.

I'll rank the hardest battles in chaos mode.

1. Cerberus takes the cake.
2. Last labyrinth battle with the flood of mobs.
3. Hades.
4. Poseidon, I'm including the Leviathan because it's pretty much a part of him.
5. Hermes hurt a lot of Chaos mode :lol

Raist

Banned
CartridgeBlower said:
How much does the difficulty ramp up from titan to chaos? I've heard it's not as terrible as GoWII on the hardest difficulty, but I'm still nervous I will just end up hating the game if I do my second playthrough on chaos. I died a TON of times on titan...way more than I'd like to admit.

Overall it's not that hard, it's just that a couple of fights are really insane. The slightest mistake is instant death.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ballistictiger said:
I'll rank the hardest battles in chaos mode.

5. Hermes hurt a lot of Chaos mode :lol

what? he didn't even manage to scratch me. How you can include him but forget the
scorpion
boggles the mind :p

Top Bottom