• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

Dmax3901

So for someone who knows fuck all about golf, what the hell is the levelling up screen?

Also, the characters saying "behold!" shortly prior to hitting the ball off into the trees is hilarious.

mhayes86

This seems like the perfect de-stressing game to play off and on. I watched GameXplain's preview and their discussion, and I'm genuinely interested in this game. I would easily go ahead and get it, but I'm still playing Ys VIII and Metroid Samus Returns.

whyman

also the dialogue is *extremely* australian

i wonder if it’ll be a putoff to anyone

Nha just a little sexist.

g2O4kga_d.jpg

Zomba13

Played about 2 hours of it now. I really like it. It's silly and funny, the golfing feels good, lots of charm. Disc golf is hilarious.

Robin64

Pass us a sausage roll

When I saw "sausage roll" come up, I did wonder if our American pals will know exactly what that is.

Someone entered a sausage roll on Master Chef, and the American dude was like "I have no idea what that is" while Ramsay was all "YEAH BOYEE"

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Damn you neogaf,this game better be good.I'm getting it before the reviews.

Robin64

I was playing some Everybody's Golf and they used another term. Like short tee or something. I have to admit that I know nothing about golf but that seems better.

I've always used forward tees, but people I've played golf with happily throw around ladies tees without thinking, including some ladies.

I've always used forward tees, but people I've played golf with happily throw around ladies tees without thinking, including some ladies.
Yeah ladies tee is just what it has been called for forever. Short tee is the proper and better term, but it just came to be known as the ladies tee because of female professional golf

When I saw "sausage roll" come up, I did wonder if our American pals will know exactly what that is.

Someone entered a sausage roll on Master Chef, and the American dude was like "I have no idea what that is" while Ramsay was all "YEAH BOYEE"

American' s don't know what they are?

You Brits did somerhing wrong educating them.
Here in the Netherlands we have them as well. Staple treat for parties.
Even make mini ones with hotdog sausages for the kids....Which reminds me, should make Some for them 😁

Can't wait to tee off later with this game.

Mikke

Loving the game so far. That opening sequence with the dad and the geese sold me.

So for someone who knows fuck all about golf, what the hell is the levelling up screen?
Same here. I get that more accurate is better but some explanation would be nice.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I don't know what a sausage roll is, but I can do a Tim Tam slam and keep Vegemite around for breakfast sometimes. Will I enjoy this game?

PeterGAF

Banned
Nha just a little sexist.

g2O4kga_d.jpg
Ladies tees refers to the set of tees that have the shortest distance on a given hole. It's not sexist as much as it is golf lingo. Calling them ladies tees might not be the most progressive thing to do today (and it's also just kind of inaccurate as seniors and young children/beginners regardless of gender play from the front tees. Also not all ladies play from the "ladies tees") but calling that line in the game sexist is a bit of a reach.

Wah? Is ladies bathroom now a sexist term or something?

Anyways,I’m literally counting the minutes for this. Was completely off my radar until a few days ago.
Well the "ladies room" doesn't imply that one sex is worse than the other in the same way that the "ladies tees" being the easiest ones do. But that's an argument for another day. The line in the game is relatively innocent but I think you might be missing the point on why the term is somewhat demeaning.

Edit: on topic. Can't wait to play this game. I've been excited for it since it was first announced. Gonna download it tonight and dig in!

Robin64

So my biggest question, which I don't see answered anywhere yet, is can you play a standard round of golf without messing with story?

From the EG review:

-there's a quick play mode which allows you to play either solo or with a friend on the courses as you unlock them. It's perfectly matched to the Switch, of course, with its premise of local multiplayer, and Golf Story makes it straightforward to play with two Joy-Cons - and also makes some sublime use of HD rumble, with a satisfying 'plonk' each time you sink a shot.

Someone posted in the other thread $50 eshop cards for $45, is that deal done or do you need a discount code it something for it cause when i google it it comes out to $50

Top Bottom