• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Golf Story |OT| Return to Camelot

Right at the start this game has a charm, I can tell it'll be funny. Put the Microwave on with nothing in it. "That was dangerous" LOL

Fantastical

Death Prophet
ooh this game seems like it has HD Rumble. I'm still at the main menu but the rumble when selecting an option feels nice. About to dive in for a bit.

I've seen a lot of positive impressions for the HD rumble in this game. That's awesome - I like HD rumble - it's more subtle than I would have thought but I generally enjoy the enhanced feedback.

Da Fro

My Switch died today. It's my birthday so I took today off to play Golf Story. Can't now :( Getting ready to send it to Nintendo for repairs.

Finished tutorial, now when I drop a ball I can turn the swing, what button does that? The Left thumbstick just changes the club

Zomba13

Finished tutorial, now when I drop a ball I can turn the swing, what button does that? The Left thumbstick just changes the club

Left and right changes the direction, up and down changes the club. If you've dropped a ball down you can aim, then hit a to confirm then you can't change direction any more (press B to back out to aim).

Where does everyone recommend using your skill points? I'm a little confused by it. I raise one thing but then it decreases if I raise power.

Da Fro

How does it die? Just won't turn on?

I turned it on and an error message quickly came up. I didn't even have time to read it before it turned off. I tried resetting it but nothing. It turns on and gets stuck at the Switch logo. I talked with Nintendo and they send it needs to be sent in. It's free but I paid the $7-$8 to get it back faster.
What I'm scared about is losing my Zelda 170+ hour save :(

mazillion

How do you hit the same ball twice when you tee up anywhere? I'm practicing and I hit the ball in the putting area but I can't figure out how to putt it now.

I have love/hate relationship with work. On the one hand work allows me to purchase this game, but on the other I can't play the game when I want because work.

Stencil

Got a hole in one on my first shot!

Crap I accidentally hit A in front of the bed and wasted my day... Wonder what I missed.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I'm definitely still in the tutorial area (need a few more bucks to do the training), but I'm already thinking this is going to end up competing with Mario + Rabbids as my surprise of the year. I was skeptical going in because of the unknown dev and the complete lack of info on the game pre-release (aside from trailers)... Holy shit though. It looks to be way more expansive than I hoped. Seems like there's a shitload of stuff to do.

Jerm411

You guys will love Galf.

Spoilers: https://twitter.com/NomComms/status/913439516937064449
Yes, it's fully playable

giphy.gif

Hurry up work.....

mazillion

This is seriously annoying the hell out of me. How do I hit a single ball twice??

I kinda can get it to work by walking up to the ball and pressing Y but that only works on the green for some reason. Pressing Y near the ball on the green will make the first ball disappear and my character drop a new ball to hit, which I guess works? But in the putting area that doesn't happen at all, my player just keeps dropping new golf balls right next to the one I am trying to hit.

Anyone else have the screen scrolling messed up?

I am missing entire dialog bits because the screen doesn't move up enough to see the people talking... I'm going to try to restart to see if it fixes it...

Edit: Quit and Restart fixed it... I wonder what the heck went wrong.

Catvoca

Banned
This is seriously annoying the hell out of me. How do I hit a single ball twice??

I kinda can get it to work by walking up to the ball and pressing Y but that only works on the green for some reason. Pressing Y near the ball on the green will make the first ball disappear and my character drop a new ball to hit, which I guess works? But in the putting area that doesn't happen at all, my player just keeps dropping new golf balls right next to the one I am trying to hit.

I don't think you can when you're just walking around the world. When actually playing through a course it automatically places you where your ball went but when just messing around on the course it doesn't seem to let you.

mazillion

I don't think you can when you're just walking around the world. When actually playing through a course it automatically places you where your ball went but when just messing around on the course it doesn't seem to let you.
Damn.. That seems like a big oversight if they're going to advertise "tee up anywhere". It'd like to create my own personal golf challenges outside the courses but I guess I'll have to just keep dropping new balls where the old one lands, not ideal since the old balls get in the way.

Left and right changes the direction, up and down changes the club. If you've dropped a ball down you can aim, then hit a to confirm then you can't change direction any more (press B to back out to aim).

Console was being stupid, quit out of game and reopened and now its fine. Oh well

Top Bottom