• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Sölf

This fucking show. Madness. Insanity. It's beautiful! ;___;

I really like Nygma's descent into madness. And holy shit that Penguin army, that was so comic booky.

And wtf @ the preview. Next week when?!

Really, really liked the last Riddler scene. Even got in some of that distorted voice they used in the Arkham games.

Could do without the kid acting, though maybe it's just me cringing at how dumb Bruce is. Kid needs to start his 8 year journey today.

Also sad that Chiklis is currently the weak spot in the show. Nuts how that turned out.

When you live a sheltered life and you take anything and everything at face value, you are gullible. He needs to learn that lesson that Selina tried to tell him. People play you all the time, you gotta get wise.

Oddduck

After last night's episode, I've become more excited to see what kind of role
Penguin's dad (Paul Ruebens)
will have in this show.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
After last night's episode, I've become more excited to see what kind of role
Penguin's dad (Paul Ruebens)
will have in this show.

wait wait, this is happening?!?

Come on. How is some 12 year old going to realize there's a crazy conspiracy going on?
Well, it's not like that kid didn't spend most of season 1 looking into a massive conspiracy into his father's company and his father's secret room.

But it's mostly that he's Bruce "Future Batman" Wayne. Unless this is the reality where Batman never happens (I know he'll never be on the show, but I mean NEVER)

Zatoth

Penguin getting away by jumping through the window. lmao.

tumblr_mi2x49FzJn1qa4kw5o1_500.gif

Pilgrimzero

I really want Bruce to show he's got a genius level intellect. I just can't imagine a Bruce Wayne that falls for Silvers and her Uncles BS.

I really want Bruce to show he's got a genius level intellect. I just can't imagine a Bruce Wayne that falls for Silvers and her Uncles BS.

This. The only thing I hate about the show is Bruce still. He's a little better from last year but that's not saying much. He should be puzzling this out and showing those detective traits.

Pilgrimzero

This. The only thing I hate about the show is Bruce still. He's a little better from last year but that's not saying much. He should be puzzling this out and showing those detective traits.

Then again he is a teenage boy and an attractive blonde girl is kissing his face so....

When it comes to Bruce and women especially sorta shady ones he doesn't exactly have the best track record even as full on Bats.

Oddduck

When it comes to Bruce and women especially sorta shady ones he doesn't exactly have the best track record even as full on Bats.

This.

One example would be his relationship with Talia Al Ghul in the comics, Batman: The Animated Series, and especially The Dark Knight Rises.

Enosh

how are there still cops left in this city?
riddler storyline was amazing, such a big improvement over the "he likes to make riddles" thing they introduced him with in season 1
man selina just keeps loosing and loosing, although the "that smell really slaps you in the face" line was amazing
Jessica how the hell did you miss that shot -.-
one guy less on the strike force, we down to 2 now right? bonus points for death by heel
"I take that as a no" Zsasz is amazing

probably my favorite show on tv atm, every episode just has so much crazy/great shit happening

That was a great episode.

The shootout, the lunch with Selina and Sliver, the Penguin army, the Riddler starting to become more of a force. Damn good stuff.

Although no Alfred related child abuse this episode.

Ithil

Gordon and Bullock firing high powered machine guns blindly out a window into the street, what the hell?
They could have hit any civilian in the street or the nearby buildings.

Also some hilariously bad and obviously continuity issues between shots during Penguin's mother's death. Sloppy.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Can we talk about the high heel to the throat kill? Jeeeeeeez

Good episode overall. I'm a little surprised because I've never been a fan of the Penguin/Mob centric episodes. But this one was more focused, and there weren't as many double and triple crosses.

I feel like it is only fitting that the mayor of Gotham City is a complete psycho. And Riddler is probably going to start killing people for fun and leaving little clues to antagonize the GCPD. He likes the thrill of the kill.

Effect

Can we talk about the high heel to the throat kill? Jeeeeeeez

Every time something like that happens in the show I have to look at the clock just to double check the time. What the hell is Fox doing to keep the FCC off its back regarding this show.!?

Oddduck

Every time something like that happens in the show I have to look at the clock just to double check the time. What the hell is Fox doing to keep the FCC of it's back regarding this show.!?

I look forward to the Nov 16th episode that Gotham's producers were teasing.

One of Gotham's producers told TVLine:

"This might be the most violent episode we've done, the closest to sort of a Kill Bill episode,"

BTM

Gotham is insane television at its best.

The Riddler side-story was brilliantly done and is one of my favorite aspects of Gotham so far. Can't wait to see where the show directors take him next.

negitoro7

This episode was one of the best in the series so far and cemented my love for this show. Just have an ear to ear grin throughout, and look forward to it more than The Flash Tuesdays and Arrow Wednesdays now.

Top Bottom