• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham S2 |OT| Dawn of Altruism - Mondays 8/7c

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really really glad that there still exists the possibility for Jerome to be the Joker, as tiny as it may be. And personally I was never too interested in the "But the Joker must NOT have an origin!!" angle. In the comics it works because they can keep evolving the character over the years, but in the TV universe I welcome an origin story.

gotham-smile-149602.jpg

Dude was perfect for the role.

tumblr_nvftf3qZq91rp74xfo2_250.gif

Needs to be this show's Joker. He was already insane but after being betrayed, murdered, and possibly revived (perhaps in some horribly painful way) he could be pushed into an even deeper madness.

Ithil

Next week on Gotham, can the writing team finally figure out something for Selina Kyle to actually do on the show?
Same Bat time, same Bat channel.

Needs to be this show's Joker. He was already insane but after being betrayed, murdered, and possibly revived (perhaps in some horribly painful way) he could be pushed into an even deeper madness.

It would be really cool if they brought in some Lazarus Pit juice. Don't even show Ra's (at least, not yet), just have Strange use a mysterious phial of glowing green liquid he received from a "benefactor" as a part of the process.

Barzul

Man Bruce has done a lot of growing up this season. Like I see how the Batman emerged from this. He still has some of the naivety of youth but it is being stripped away episode by episode. From his handling of Silver to the his conversation with Lee, wonder how long Alfred can keep up with him tbh.

Ishida

Banned

I really hope they don't pull yet another red herring bullshit with Jerome.

He's clearly in line to be revived. If they revive him, set him up as the early Joker again, and then kill him off AGAIN saying "Well what do you know! He was NOT the Joker after all!", I'm going to be fucking pissed....

Apoc29

Goddamn that Mr. Freeze costume was deplorable; looked like shitty Mega Man cosplay. I'll let it slide because he hadn't really become Mr. Freeze yet, he was just a dude experimenting. Hugo Strange will probably give him something legit if he ever comes back.

Oddduck

Goddamn that Mr. Freeze costume was deplorable; looked like shitty Mega Man cosplay. I'll let it slide because he hadn't really become Mr. Freeze yet, he was just a dude experimenting. Hugo Strange will probably give him something legit if he ever comes back.

When they interviewed the actress for Firefly, she said the suits/costumes for the villains would get upgrades and improvements as the series progresses over time. It would be weird if all of the villians had their best suits when Bruce isn't even Batman yet.

it looked like a 50s sci fi movie space suit. it looked funny but whatever, he's in his infancy.

super goofy shit was the white hair though. they should shave that or give him a haircut lol.

really good episodes. i was honestly expecting the freeze arc to be the worst thing about season 2 but it was highly enjoyable.

Man Bruce has done a lot of growing up this season. Like I see how the Batman emerged from this. He still has some of the naivety of youth but it is being stripped away episode by episode. From his handling of Silver to the his conversation with Lee, wonder how long Alfred can keep up with him tbh.

I'm guessing by seasons end the dynamic will shift in favour of Bruce.

Something huge is going to happen, not sure what yet though. Might involve resurrected Galavan...

Oddduck

Why do I get the feeling that the end of this season is going to be fucking crazy? (Even by Gotham's standards of crazy)

I feel like it's all building up toward something really wild.

- Firefly was taken to Indian hill...

- Mr. Freeze was taken to Indian hill...

- Theo Galavan was taken to Indian hill...

- Fish Mooney was taken to Indian hill...

- Supposedly Jerome was taken to Indian hill...

Is Hugo Strange trying to build an entire group of supervillians or something?

Effect

I wonder if Jim is going to tell Lee what really happen. The way she came off last episode I get the feeling she doesn't even care that he killed Galvan. She agrees he needed to die. She doesn't like the lying to her (not so much the lying to the police). He really should just sit her down and let her know what happen and why. I don't think she's going to sell him out.

Turin

Banned
I'm really really glad that there still exists the possibility for Jerome to be the Joker, as tiny as it may be. And personally I was never too interested in the "But the Joker must NOT have an origin!!" angle. In the comics it works because they can keep evolving the character over the years, but in the TV universe I welcome an origin story.

gotham-smile-149602.jpg

Dude was perfect for the role.

tumblr_nvftf3qZq91rp74xfo2_250.gif

This guy passed the Joker audition with flying colors.

Thankfully the show's been great without him but he's just too much fun.

The scene between Bruce and Lee was fantastic. Seriously amazing, the duality is starting to surface and this kid is doing a damn good job of conveying the inner torment Bruce is going through.

That was actually my favorite scene of the episode.

Kids performance has gone from 0 to 100 in recent episodes.

No Jessica Lucas this episode though. Not cool.

This too.

Metal B

I wonder if Jim is going to tell Lee what really happy. The way she came off last episode I get the feeling she doesn't even care that he killed Galvan. She agrees he needed to die. She doesn't like the lying to her (not so much the lying to the police). He really should just sit her down and let her know what happen and why. I don't think she's going to sell him out.
The importance of the situation are the parallels to Gordon's relationship with Barbara. As soon as he started to hide secrets from her, there relationship broke apart and she even went insane. This time he has to learn from it and tell the truth to her.

Alpende

I just hope that if Fish gets revived she gets killed for good in the same episode.

Return of Jerome should be good. Really liked his character. I also thought the first body in the tank was Iwan Rheon from Game of Thrones. The body / Galavan looks a lot like him in that shot.

Entertaining damn episode but so not happy with what they did with Nora. I guess it's possible they find a way to bring her back but maaaan that was such bullshit, I get it but still, bullshit.

I just hope that if Fish gets revived she gets killed for good in the same episode.

Return of Jerome should be good. Really liked his character. I also thought the first body in the tank was Iwan Rheon from Game of Thrones. The body / Galavan looks a lot like him in that shot.

Galavan gets revived but it changes him...

tumblr_mm3fnzyYge1qfnlrko1_400.gif

Not James Frain but still looks a lot like him in this GIF which got posted year earlier this season.

Entertaining damn episode but so not happy with what they did with Nora. I guess it's possible they find a way to bring her back but maaaan that was such bullshit, I get it but still, bullshit.

Galavan gets revived but it changes him...

tumblr_mm3fnzyYge1qfnlrko1_400.gif

Not James Frain but still looks a lot like him in this GIF which got posted year earlier this season.
a78Tb7K.gif

lol

Chuckie

ARRRGGGH I hate the ending they did with Nora dying. That's bullshit.

Yeah I agree. I hoped she would've been put on ice.

But I hate how they call him Mr Fries, Like he's from McDonalds or something.

Yeah I don't get that either. They even really made a point of it few episodes ago. Why? Is it some joke I am missing?

Gotta get on the BD Wong praise train.

Yeah he is an awesome Strange.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Wong is an amazing Strange, both visually and character-wise. He plays it flawlessly down to the little mannerisms.

Bruce has grown up. A lot. There's something in his eyes, the same thing happened to Barry Allen in The Flash. It's awesome. His chemistry with Sam Pertwee is aces, and they make the characters and their dynamic work, even though the Bruce Wayne storyline is pretty much isolated from the rest of Gotham.

No ice puns :(

Gotham going into supernatural / less grounded territory is a shame on one hand ( I liked the realistic vibe from the first season) but it seems like a natural progression. So I'm fine with it.

Gordon got played like a goddamn fiddle this episode. Nothing went his way. I'm curious how this works out for him.

Oddduck

Bruce has grown up. A lot. There's something in his eyes, the same thing happened to Barry Allen in The Flash. It's awesome. His chemistry with Sam Pertwee is aces, and they make the characters and their dynamic work, even though the Bruce Wayne storyline is pretty much isolated from the rest of Gotham.

It's going to be crazy watching all of these kids (Bruce, Selina, Ivy) grow up over the course of the series.

In the Season 1 pilot, Bruce's actor was only 13 years old. In season 3, he'll be 16-years-old.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Excellent episode. Strange is monumental, Freeze nailed it and I can't wait for the return of Jerome. Gotham effortlessly continues to be the best comic-based TV show on air.

Obligatory jifs.

15mB60G.gif
QzwBov6.gif

DUOLrxQ.gif
8cPsNye.gif

I loved how Gordon nor the other cops gave the smallest of the fucks about the poor chump with his arms frozen. Gotham is a rough place.

Oddduck

I was at Heroes And Villains Fan Fest in Chicago, IL today, and I had a chance to meet some of the cast members of Gotham and The Flash. Anyways, I bumped into Robin Lord Taylor (Oswald/Penguin) and Danielle Panabaker (Caitlin Snow from The Flash).

Both of them are extremely nice, lovely people. Someone else on GAF posted here before that Robin is a class act, and he was spot-on, he is an incredibly humble person. It felt unreal to meet them face-to-face because I haven't met many celebrities in my life.

Anyways, here's what Robin told me: "Personally, I want to see The Flash crossing over with Gotham. The Flash deals with time travel, Earth-2, multiverses, parallel universes, whatever. So it wouldn't be too challenging to crossover with Gotham's ambiguous time period. I know it's very unlikely, but I'd love to see something like that."

Danielle Panabaker was standing next to Robin, and she liked the idea as well. She said something like, "I think fans would love seeing Penguin in Central City or Killer Frost appearing in Gotham."

TheOddOne

I was at Heroes And Villains Fan Fest in Chicago, IL today, and I had a chance to meet some of the cast members of Gotham and The Flash. Anyways, I bumped into Robin Lord Taylor (Oswald/Penguin) and Danielle Panabaker (Caitlin Snow from The Flash).

Both of them are extremely nice, lovely people. Someone else on GAF posted here before that Robin is a class act, and he was spot-on, he is an incredibly humble person. It felt unreal to meet them face-to-face because I haven't met many celebrities in my life.

Anyways, here's what Robin told me: "Personally, I want to see The Flash crossing over with Gotham. The Flash deals with time travel, Earth-2, multiverses, parallel universes, whatever. So it wouldn't be too challenging to crossover with Gotham's ambiguous time period. I know it's very unlikely, but I'd love to see something like that."

Danielle Panabaker was standing next to Robin, and she liked the idea as well. She said something like, "I think fans would love seeing Penguin in Central City or Killer Frost appearing in Gotham."
Hell yeah.

Hell yeah to all of this.

Oh man that'd be amazing.

Gotham leaking into Flash would be particularly fantastic because it'd be like this... corruption. This darkness rising up. Even the good guys on Gotham. Almost Forever Evil esque, invasion of the Crime Syndicate, banding together and organizing Arrowverse villains into forms they'd never do on their own.

But there's no way that'd actually happen, lol. Just having Barry turn up for an episode of Gotham would be super fucking awesome.

Skux

Finally watched the episode, the show is firing on all cylinders.

Loved the suit reveal, the Bruce scenes, and the Mr. Freeze storyline, although killing Nora makes him a purely bad guy instead of a more interesting tragic villain.

I've love for an episode of Flash to have him travelling in and out of Earths in the multiverse, spending moments in each only, looking for a specific one for whatever reason. Travelling through Supergirl-verse, Smallville-verse, Gotham-verse etc, each time just seeing a character from the respective series, before dashing off again to the next.

Oddduck

I think Cory Michael Smith (Ed Nygma) will have a huge acting career beyond Gotham. He didn't start acting in TV/Film until 2014, but he has already racked up an impressive resume of projects.

He starred in that 2015 movie "Carol", which was nominated for six Academy Awards (Rottentomatoes: 93%). He was also in that HBO mini-series Olive Kitteridge, which received critical acclaim (96% on Rottentomatoes) and was nominated for three Golden Globes.

That's already a decent resume for someone who has only been professionally acting for 2 years.

Excellent episode. Strange is monumental, Freeze nailed it and I can't wait for the return of Jerome. Gotham effortlessly continues to be the best comic-based TV show on air.

Obligatory jifs.

15mB60G.gif
QzwBov6.gif

DUOLrxQ.gif
8cPsNye.gif

I loved how Gordon nor the other cops gave the smallest of the fucks about the poor chump with his arms frozen. Gotham is a rough place.

I need to start watching this show again

Sölf

Yes please, yes to all of that. That would be so cool.

Top Bottom