• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

NeoGiff

If you don't do them they come back. I don't think they're unlimited which bothers me. Has anyone robbed multiple armored vans already on the road? I haven't seen any recently. I can understand some of them not repeating but others like the armored van wouldn't make sense. It's such a cool little thing to do.

I think I've found a total of 4 or 5 vans, and robbed all of them. Only two van robberies are marked off in my Social Club though, it's strange.

Twinduct

Both. It looks hideous, all of its game elements are worthless (feeding/picking dog shit up, along with three terrible Flight Control knockoffs), and it doesn't add much to GTAV itself. Without it you're not able to use Chop to hunt for collectibles, but I don't think you actually do anything to get that reward beyond booting the app up. You can otherwise unlock three animations like having Chop sit or shake hands, which requires points you gain thoughout the day.

It's a free throwaway thing but they couldn't have made it less interesting or useful to use. Anyone annoyed that it's an iOS-only thing should be miffed only if they're the collectible-hunting sort; anyone who doesn't care about that really isn't missing much.

Man that sounds horrid! I imagine that the App would have been completely devoid of purpose if the Numberplate element wasn't attached.

Kind of worrying considering the amount of 'second screen' interaction being pushed by the upcoming consoles.

Dead Man

If you don't do them they come back. I don't think they're unlimited which bothers me. Has anyone robbed multiple armored vans already on the road? I haven't seen any recently. I can understand some of them not repeating but others like the armored van wouldn't make sense. It's such a cool little thing to do.

There's a limited number of armoured cars to rob? Really?

Carcetti

Man that sounds horrid! I imagine that the App would have been completely devoid of purpose if the Numberplate element wasn't attached.

Kind of worrying considering the amount of 'second screen' interaction being pushed by the upcoming consoles.

Yeah, about that. Since social club and numberplate making don't work, the app is currently absolutely useless to me. I wanted to make a Seinfeld reference plate but nooooo.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Modded a lovely car for races then some jackass crashed into me leaving this result. The car has totaled and I can't even get in it to drive to the chop shop for repair.

Maybe if I leave it someone will tow so I can pickup from the cops.

0_0.jpg

So only thing I could do was beat the shit out of the guy with a police baton.

0_0.jpg

Septimius

Oh, you mean when you write "THUG4LYF" for shits and giggles on Franklin's car, then realize this is your personal plate for all characters FOREVER (probably even online)?

Fuck, I wish I'd never used that stupid shit.

Vice

Trevor/Michael story spoilers
Trevor just kidnapped Martin's wife. On a mission to steal guns from Merryweather
How far into the game am I?

Just discovered how to rob clothing stores and Ammu-Nations. You have to equip a gun just outside the entrance, having pushed the door open a little, and shoot inwards at the cash registers. Once you started shooting and "this place is closed" you can shoot at all the registers and money bags with a few hundred'll pop out. Not bad. Wish Ponsonby's had registers, but the fuckers don't. Been robbing Ammu-Nations, clothing shops, haircut salons, and tattoo parlors. You get $200-1200 at each place shooting up all the registers and it only takes a few seconds. Pretty fun and a nice way to build a bankroll without doing busywork.

EDIT: Does the Avery Real Estate website serve any real purpose? They put GPS coordinates on your map of homes for sale but can you buy those homes or do anything to them? Be nice if you could somehow rob them.

Septimius

Trevor/Michael story spoilers
Trevor just kidnapped Martin's wife. On a mission to steal guns from Merryweather
How far into the game am I?

Can't risk reading the spoiler since I have no idea what it's about. But you can check how many missions you've done and how many are left in the stats screen. And your total percentage.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can't risk reading the spoiler since I have no idea what it's about. But you can check how many missions you've done and how many are left in the stats screen. And your total percentage.

Pause - Stats - 100% Completion- will show you how much.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Played GTAV for ten minutes. Jumped in a yacht, sailed into the middle of the ocean amidst a crackling storm, as Chicago - If You Leave Me Now played. Dove out. Got eaten by a shark.

~*~ i didnt choose the thug life, the thug life chose me ~*~

As much as I love this game, I can't help but feel there were some curious design choices and missed opportunities. Screw collecting scraps and pieces of UFO, I'd rather there be a much larger number and variety of stores to rob like in Vice City, or specific cars to steal for money (also in VC). I wish armored truck robberies were more frequent and the like. This is a game that's begging for tasks like that that can earn you a decent chunk of change.

I have to agree. I'd really like if there were more infinitely replayable tasks that match the narrative theme (heists/robberies, making money, buying businesses, spending money, repeat). I appreciate the work that went into even the smallest of mission cutscenes, dialogue, and scenarios, but outside of the missions there isn't a strong through-line with these characters being thieves. You're pretty much just a normal dude and can go hours not doing anything related to the theme of the game including busywork that doesn't give enough of a reward to tie back into that theme.

I get that maybe GTA Online is more dedicated to "living the life" and I might get what I want from that, but I would've enjoyed to see more of that from the singleplayer characters. Would've gladly traded Golf/Tennis/Yoga/etc. for consistent side work + mini-heists for each character that match their stories. It's already perfectly set up with the repo + meth business storylines. Michael could had his own thing as well.

Dead Man

I have to agree. I'd really like if there were more infinitely replayable tasks that match the narrative theme (heists/robberies, making money, buying businesses, spending money, repeat). I appreciate the work that went into even the smallest of mission cutscenes, dialogue, and scenarios, but outside of the missions there isn't a strong through-line with these characters being thieves. You're pretty much just a normal dude and can go hours not doing anything related to the theme of the game including busywork that doesn't give enough of a reward to tie back into that theme.

I get that maybe GTA Online is more dedicated to "living the life" and I might get what I want from that, but I would've enjoyed to see more of that from the singleplayer characters. Would've gladly traded Golf/Tennis/Yoga/etc. for consistent side work + mini-heists for each character that match their stories. It's already perfectly set up with the repo + meth business storylines. Michael could had his own thing as well.

Yeah, I think I would prefer that as well.

Omni

Gosh I just can't relate to Trevor at all.

Sure some of his scenes can be funny... But he is such a god damn psycho. There's no middle ground at all. 3/4 through game spoiler:
The scene with Wade's cousin was probably just... Eh.
. I don't like playing as him and I sure as hell don't like his characterisation.

I dunno. Maybe I'm getting sensitive with my old age.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
So I signed up for Social Club on my computer (turns out I already did for GTAIV back in the day), started the game and it tells me "Social Club contact added". But where? There's nothing in the phone contacts.

Future

Gosh I just can't relate to Trevor at all.

Sure some of his scenes can be funny... But he is such a god damn psycho. There's no middle ground at all. 3/4 through game spoiler:
The scene with Wade's cousin was probably just... Eh.
. I don't like playing as him and I sure as hell don't like his characterisation.

I dunno. Maybe I'm getting sensitive with my old age.

His personality comes out even more in the side missions and random missions. I didnt really like him at first, but I did at the end

Fantastic game. Story wise, this may even beat last of us for me. By the end of the game you feel like you've seen so much of each character. The 3 heros all have personal stories, and then the main story that involves all 3. Great pacing updates info on each. Easter egg info exists if you bother to watch tv, surf the net and read bleeter, call certain people after certain events. Even some of the random missions have continuing story lines. Jesus.

If online is even half as food as the hype this will be game of the damn generation

As Michael I just got an email from Tracey
after she's left saying that she misses me.
I'm kinda choked up.
And no way that's a good omen considering what's happened with Madrazo's wife getting nabbed.

Just stole an arma guard vehicle, it came up as a blue dot on my radar and I killed the two drivers, so what do Ido with it and how do I get the money from it?

I think it's called a grouppe van.

Daffy Duck

Has anyone got any guides/tips for the stock market on when to make money the best way, like during the assassin missions?

I just want to make sure I am maximising my potential earnings.

neoism

yeah i have done 4 or 5 amored trucks i have ? though i did one just a minute ago it was a guy getting robbed my bikers i saved him then we went to his car for money or something more bikers came and i blew them all up but killed the guy too.... its that a requriement for % complete and did i just fuck my game??????

How am I supposed to trade stock? Every time I go to the website its down. I'm doing the Franklin missions with
Lester are to play the market. I can't tell if I'm supposed to be getting in on it too or if its just him making the money.

Pooya

so about Kifflom!

Do I have to really wear their uniform for 10 in game days? and I don't have to switch to others or that doesn't matter?

this better be the last part of this things

(&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

Sonix90

Neo Member

Vans show up all the time, I think I've robbed the one in Paleto Bay 3 times already. Seems like some random events repeat themselves, while other are one time only.

Donny

Anyone know how to make quick money? If I repeat the heists would I get the money again?

I have finished all missions but didn't invest money on the market when doing Franklin's assassination missions for Lester. Now I'm broke :(

Anyone?

Zeekaas

How am I supposed to trade stock? Every time I go to the website its down. I'm doing the Franklin missions with
Lester are to play the market. I can't tell if I'm supposed to be getting in on it too or if its just him making the money.

Do you have a social club account connectet to your xbox/ps account? BAWSAQ was also offline with me the entire time. But getting a social club account fixed it.

Philia

Finally. I've beaten this game! :D
OPTION C MOFO!

And I got seriously lucky finding that damn van like shortly afterwards by getting wasted lol.

edit: LMAO I like how the helicopter in the demo video is wobbling all over the place. that's how you know the helo controls are shit; they couldn't even do it themselves LOL

Isnt that down to the wind they have added? loads of times during flight the plane im in has wobbled around, changing course when Ive held down nothing but accelerate.

Is there a benifit to finishing all the flying stuff, like a cool plane or something? as I maxed out whatshisfaces flying skill by the time I hit the loop to barrel roll bit.

scarlet

so about Kifflom!

Do I have to really wear their uniform for 10 in game days? and I don't have to switch to others or that doesn't matter?

this better be the last part of this things

(&#9583;°&#9633;°&#65289;&#9583;&#65077; &#9531;&#9473;&#9531;

Sleep
40 times

1 times = 6 hours

I did it less than 10 minutes

the one after that is freakin annoying

kiyomi

Merryweather ;

I took the submarine/chopper route. Is it possible to actually earn money from that heist by blowing up the ship instead
?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I just got an email telling me of my weekly income from the first property I bought......yet I didn't actually receive the money. Is there a waiting time after I get the email before I get the money? Or do I need to finish all the missions for the property before I'll actually get the money?

lefantome

Just discovered how to rob clothing stores and Ammu-Nations. You have to equip a gun just outside the entrance, having pushed the door open a little, and shoot inwards at the cash registers. Once you started shooting and "this place is closed" you can shoot at all the registers and money bags with a few hundred'll pop out. Not bad. Wish Ponsonby's had registers, but the fuckers don't. Been robbing Ammu-Nations, clothing shops, haircut salons, and tattoo parlors. You get $200-1200 at each place shooting up all the registers and it only takes a few seconds. Pretty fun and a nice way to build a bankroll without doing busywork.

EDIT: Does the Avery Real Estate website serve any real purpose? They put GPS coordinates on your map of homes for sale but can you buy those homes or do anything to them? Be nice if you could somehow rob them.

great, I already figured out how to enter with a weapon but I didn't know hot to rob them

MYeager

Catching up on this thread after being lost in San Andreas' world all week, and have to highlight this post here for those complaining about the wanted system.

It seems to me that breaking line-of-sight with the cops is only one aspect of losing your wanted level. 'Hiding place' definitely seems to affect it too. I've spent minutes trying to lose one star just by sticking to roads and avoiding the sight cones on the mini-map. However drive into a complex alley network and park behind a dumpster and I've lost higher levels in a much less time.

If folks are having a hard time hiding with a car at night in an alley, I've found that turning off the headlights help. I was wondering why the game instructed me that I could do that.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I don't know why people use the ingame camera, you can get much clearer shots using a real life smartphone..

UrbanRats

Man i can't wait for the PC version , so i can mod the bullshit out of this game.

Dying in one shot is just bullshit design, in an open world game.

I was cruising in the mountains with Trevor, i read some subtitles about "do you even speak English?" or something like that, i don't even hear the sound of the dialogue.
I look around to see who's talking, before i can even react, they shoot me in the head and i'm dead in one hit.

Could've been something cool and random, but instead i was dead before even understanding what the fuck was going on, back at the hospital, had to do all that road all over again, so i turned off the game and did something else.
I love this game, but man that health thing is seriously ruining my enjoyment of the free roam part of it.

So in gta verse, is America just a nation of islands?
And yet they have "border patrol". :p

Staab

$80,000,- for both platforms for a simple patch is a lot of money.

I'm pretty sure Rockstar doesn't pay for the first couple of patches with all the income they generate on both console and the fact they're launching GTA Online 3 weeks after the main game so there will be a download put up anyways.

Top Bottom