• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Fabrik

Banned
Started playing this last night.
They really improved all the controls, car handling, character movements and the cover and shooting mechanics. It feels like a Best Of Rockstar. They learnt a lot since RDR and MP3 with controls. The GPS not being a top-down view anymore is a huge plus to find your way.
That said, the framerate is pretty disappointing. Is it sub-30 fps? I'm not as impressed by the graphics as a result.
I guess W101, Rayman Legends and Pikmin 3 spoiled me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Haha I was doing the border patrol thing or whatever, went in the bar, got shit for it as Trevor. As I'm walking out, hit r2 and kicked the stool out from under a dude and it animated it. Perfect.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Shit, this pisses me off...

You can't invest in many stocks if you play offline. Just did the "vice assassination" mission, and come to realize that the ifruit stocks are only accessible if you have an internet connection to your console.

fucking lame. Can't max out my money unless connected.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'm loving the weird role play vibes I'm getting with this. Feeling much more inclined to dress up the characters and deck out their vehicles in distinct ways. I even play them slightly differently...

Michael: Skinhead and stubble. Polo shirt, jeans and leather slip-ons. Keeps a ridiculous modded yellow monster truck in the downtown garage for when he's feeling his age.

Franklin: Low fro and clean-shaven. Onyx earrings, white dinner shirt with chinos and doc martins. His default car is souped up and sprayed pure matte black. Playa.

Trevor: Grown-out crazy hair and full beard. Black sweater under army drab vest and cargos. Building a collection of weird vehicles at various safehouses and garages - modded truck, BF Injection, dune buggy, ATV, golf cart with no hood, etc.

Also I buy and mod pretty much all weapons with Trev, taking him on rampages and robbing stores, while the other 2 are a little more reserved in their everyday antics. The switching really is an awesome new dynamic; when I get tired of (semi-)serious missions, family life and activities with Mike, I start swagging it up with Frank, cruising around, getting drunk with friends and going to strip clubs. When I get tired of that, I just go nuts with Trev. It all feels so right!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah this game tingles my role-play instincts... I tend to walk with my characters when I'm about to do something really cool, or when I'm approaching a person.

kiyomi

Yeah this game tingles my role-play instincts... I tend to walk with my characters when I'm about to do something really cool, or when I'm approaching a person.

I do the exact same thing. I particularly like walking around as Michael with his little 'mobster swagger' in a sharp suit and a pair of aviators. I use the jerry can to spread some fire, light it, and turn the camera around so that he's walking towards it while the fire spreads and chaos ensues behind him.

Holy shit at the mission when Trevor enters Los Santos!

i5toUnML71Lmm.gif

I was more like...

1e9jel4c4p.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Oh shit, you really can hide from police in bushes. Was heading to a far off mission in the middle of nowhere and had 2 stars from shooting the tank on a truck making a giant explosion, ended up cornered by a guard rail so I jumped over and ran down a hill. Saw a bunch of bushes that meshed together and did a stealth walk to it and all the police that were on foot were all looking around, clearly having their line of sight over me but not actually seeing me. Ended up getting away.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Lester's stock tips ain't no joke. Rolling with $1.5 million on Michael now.

I'm so stupid, I bought up with franklin only, all 3 could have got rich. I also kept the stocks for too long. franklin can't catch a break.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I hate flying in this game with a passion. It's the one mechanic that hasn't clicked with me yet, especially helicopters.

go to flight school.

also, get used to holding forward on the chopper, you won't dive/crash into the ground, you can regulate your height with accelerator/brake.

it is hard though, you need to up your flying stat with flight school quick. I had to do a mission in a helicopter with flying under bridges and maaan, using michael with no flight school, god damn.

go to flight school.

also, get used to holding forward on the chopper, you won't dive/crash into the ground, you can regulate your height with accelerator/brake.

it is hard though, you need to up your flying stat with flight school quick. I had to do a mission in a helicopter with flying under bridges and maaan, using michael with no flight school, god damn.
That's where I am now, flight school with Michael. I think the holding forward with the heli is what's making me frustrated; I always think that I'm gonna crash lol. I keep missing the goal time.

Cyborg

DAmn dude.......How do you invest in stock market? I dont get it, spoiler about an assassination
I assssinated a guy in front of the hotel and Lester told me to invest in something but I dont know what. Ive already assassinated the dude

Is there any guide?

spekkeh

Banned
Trevor the character is okay, but I can't get over Trevor the voice over. I find he hams up the gruffness until he sounds more like Grover than an actually dangerous person.

Fjordson

DAmn dude.......How do you invest in stock market? I dont get it, spoiler about an assassination
I assssinated a guy in front of the hotel and Lester told me to invest in something but I dont know what. Ive already assassinated the dude

Is there any guide?
You make the investments before the assassination for the best results. Once you take out a dude, his company tanks and the competition's stocks soar. Just have to listen to what he says in the pre-mission cutscene. You buy the stocks for dirt cheap, make the assassination, and then sell them since their value skyrockets.

Stock question w/ end game spoilers: After
Merryweather's stock drops after the last mission
is it worth it to invest a lot of money into them? Or does their stock just stay how it is atm?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Rockstar need to copy and paste the on foot, cover and shooting mechanics from Sleeping Dogs for the next GTA

Good god no. Cover mechanics maybe and the sliding over low objects thing without losing momentum would be nice, but the shooting mechanics in GTA V are leagues ahead of Sleeping Dogs. The only improvement the shooting needs in GTA are that the combat jog should be a controllable thing with the aiming reticule on screen contantly instead of just when you're shooting, and the aiming could use tightening up a bit. As it is the shooting mechanics in GTA are better than every other open world game. There's room for improvement but games like Sleeping Dogs just don't compare in that area.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
After have mastered the optional flying mission three times, flying in this game has become super easy.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
How about

--> Weapon out = combat jog, crosshair always on screen, always able to gun + gun.
--> Weapon put away = Walking speed, hold to sprint

Simple, intuitive, and gets rid of button tapping and "hold to jog" that no one ever uses.....y'know, like the exact improvements they already put into MP3

I want this. Better than my tap to toggle combat jog on idea.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/gr...5-billion-lesters-assassination-missions.html

Best guide out there its really really helpful and you can really make that much money :D

Shit, I think I've done all the assassination missions, so I've missed the opportunity to take advantage of this. Looks like I'm going to have to make money the hard way.

I've got a hang of planes but heli's are much harder..

Helicopters are a twitchy mess. I control them like I've got Parkinson's disease.

I am a bit confused. I bought smoke on the water and keep getting texts asking me to do supply runs and stuff but I am not sure where to find them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ursula, who is apparently a hitchhiker turned booty call and is just as damaged as Trevor
0_0.jpg

She also has Ed Gein style mommy issues.

Top Bottom