• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
I just spend one and a half nor playing tennis and golf with Michael,I find it so much fun. Damn this game!!

Septimius

Here's a great tip for making a lot of money with stocks in this game, that I wrote up over in the GTAO-monetizing thread:

It's no spoiler that you make money throughout the game. So that means you'll have a lot of money when you're done with the main story, and if you then start doing the assassinations, you can double, triple and more with it.

So stay away from the Lester missions with Franklin.

And here's a great stock tip for those missions:
Lester will have you kill a major head at one of the companies. The rival company will rise a lot due to this, so before you do the mission, invest all the money you have on all characters. That means when you start a mission, and Lester tells you which two companies you're dealing with, like "kill the guy of <this company>, that'll make the stock of <that company> rise". Wast yourself, invest all your money on <that company>, restart the mission. Do it, wait a few hours for <that company>'s stock to peak. Sell everything, and invest it all in <this company>. <this company> just saw a huge hit in their stock, but it'll rebound over the next days of in-game time. Let it go back up, and you can triple your money.

Yup. About the airfield they set you up to buy with Trevor, that's actually one of the only worthwhile investments in the game. If you do somewhere between 10 and 20 plane-missions, you'll get more than you put in. I forget what the number was, but if it cost 100k, and you get 7k per, means you'll have to do 15 to make money.

Ursula, who is apparently a hitchhiker turned booty call and is just as damaged as Trevor
0_0.jpg

She also has Ed Gein style mommy issues.

You can bang her?! Oh man, I picked her up and drove her over to the Altruist Cult, but parked up outside the entrance just to listen to all of the banter between her and Trevor. Unfortunately she got really emotional and left the car, meaning I missed the opportunity to get the trophy. I've got the trophy now mind, with a drunk couple, but is there any chance of meeting her again? I want to see her and Trevor hook up; it'd be the most hilariously screwed up shit ever.

Ardenyal

I wonder if my save file is fucked. The LCN stock market doesn't update aside from 0.01 percent fluctuations, the graphs never update they stay the exact same only the dates under the graph are updated according to weekday.

Played for 6 days ingame time and there was absolutely no movement on the market.

BAWSAQ is fine.

Edit: I'll do more testing to see if a reboot will help. Will buy one of every stock and leave the game running for a while.

MMaRsu

Shit, this pisses me off...

You can't invest in many stocks if you play offline. Just did the "vice assassination" mission, and come to realize that the ifruit stocks are only accessible if you have an internet connection to your console.

fucking lame. Can't max out my money unless connected.

Wrong. Dont use bawsaq.

scarlet

Oh my God, that scene with Trevor and
Patricia
also "If You Leave Me Now" song .. I can't stop laughing

Ursula, who is apparently a hitchhiker turned booty call and is just as damaged as Trevor
0_0.jpg

I think I sent her to the cult :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You can bang her?! Oh man, I picked her up and drove her over to the Altruist Cult, but parked up outside the entrance just to listen to all of the banter between her and Trevor. Unfortunately she got really emotional and left the car, meaning I missed the opportunity to get the trophy. I've got the trophy now mind, with a drunk couple, but is there any chance of meeting her again? I want to see her and Trevor hook up; it'd be the most hilariously screwed up shit ever.

She tells you
Lick my scars
and
Mommy says I can't have male company. But mommy's dead.

It's pretty awesome synergy with Trevor.

kiyomi

Wow, nice.

I love sniping drivers in cars from far away. Just now, I sniped a truck driver, whose truck went out of control, rolled twice over the barrier, down into the river and blew up. Chased by cops, I had nowhere to hide except inside the back of the burnt out truck.

I watched as the cops searched the river and around the truck to no avail. Ghost.

Is my game glitched? I can't carry the sub using the cargobob for shit, because 2-3 seconds after it's hooked shit goes nuts and the helicopter starts to flip upside down. I have no clue what's up with that. Anyone else been successful with hooking onto a sub and airlifting it?

Fjordson

Man, I hate flying helicopters. Barely passed the two heli tests in the flight school. I can't fully grasp the controls or something, they feel so spastic.

Flying planes on the other hand is a lot of fun. Got gold on every single plane test.

Mojojo

Is it safe to customize like crazy the basic vehicles of the characters ? (the ones that reappear even if you lost them, etc.. ) or the vehicles will be back to their uncustomized form?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man I wish there was a speed up time cheat. I'm doing some video time lapse shots and it's like 50 minutes of recording for 1 scene.

You need a good 6-8 scenes for a decent 5 minute video. :(

Is it safe to customize like crazy the basic vehicles of the characters ? (the ones that reappear even if you lost them, etc.. ) or the vehicles will be back to their uncustomized form?

You should be fine with those ones. I've had mine upgraded since launch and they are still the same.

Dead Man

There is a bug that will hit them back to default, but it doesn't seem to effect everybody.

scarlet

Man, I hate flying helicopters. Barely passed the two heli tests in the flight school. I can't fully grasp the controls or something, they feel so spastic.

Flying planes on the other hand is a lot of fun. Got gold on every single plane test.

Yup, I hate helicopters too.

The mission with the
nerve gas
with helicopters is so freakin annoying.

and I lost my grenade launcher :(

kiyomi

Is my game glitched? I can't carry the sub using the cargobob for shit, because 2-3 seconds after it's hooked shit goes nuts and the helicopter starts to flip upside down. I have no clue what's up with that. Anyone else been successful with hooking onto a sub and airlifting it?

Had no problems with it myself. Took a little bit of work to get it hooked, and upon delivery, I.. er.. crashed the heli. :p

But no problems like that, no.

They're weird, yeah. Have you tried piloting them from the 1st person perspective? I found that easier (except for when you need to fit in tight spaces). You just kinda need to ignore the constant bobbing around and just plough on and using a combination of the left stick and shoulder buttons.

Dmax3901

Finally got this yesterday. Been working so haven't had time to really sink into it but WHAT THE FLYING FUCK at not being able to invert the x axis or invert aiming in any way.

I've just been playing Uncharted (which lets you invert everything) so I have to literally retrain my brain.

Andrew.

Banned
Finally got this yesterday. Been working so haven't had time to really sink into it but WHAT THE FLYING FUCK at not being able to invert the x axis or invert aiming in any way.

I've just been playing Uncharted (which lets you invert everything) so I have to literally retrain my brain.

You can invert aiming. Just go to Settings in the option menu.

Acorn

Credits rolling now. So sad that it's over now, oh well heres hoping for some single player dlc, I have a bad feeling its all going to be multi though.

Acorn

Did you make it to 100%?

How much time did it take you?
Nah I'm 90 something, got a few collectibles to do. In terms of time well I have been off work since release and I played most of the day everyday since. Game is packed with content.

I strongly recommend you 360 players to install the play disc to a flash drive.
I just did and i notice less popin, sharper textures at distance and better frame rate, faster loading times, and best of all; silent console.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I just did and i notice less popin, sharper textures at distance and better frame rate, faster loading times, and best of all; silent console.

For some reason when I installed to mine it never shows on the play menu and the game still runs from disc.

Fjordson

Working well for me also.

Didn't eliminate jaggies or pop-in, but it helped. And the minimal wear on the console + silence is always nice.

ksan

I fucking love the small details, and one particular thing in the difference between 4 and 5 made me smile.
Realized that it's not only West Coast and East Coast music, but they also managed to do the same for the reggae/dancehall radio channel with having Mavado in 4, and then having Vybz Kartel in 5.

HA! I just did exactly that about 5 minutes ago but she didn't leave my car. She was my third victim that I took to the cult and this time when I delivered her the cult came out and pushed me inside the camp and then tried to kill me. I took out like 15 of them to clear the village. I then explored the area at night whilst it was raining to find armour, a rocket launcher and creepy paintings of eyes everywhere. It was insanely atmospheric and another 'wow moment' to add to the list. The next morning on the radio I heard about my massacre on the news LOL.

Alpende

0_0.jpg

I drove her to the cult. Somewhere in my mind I knew something could happen if I'd drop her off at her place. But after her crazy talk I didn't feel bad about dropping her off at the cult.

PureGone

Banned
So GTA V is the higest rated game on Metacritic now. Beating Super Mario Galaxy and tieing with GTAIV.

Deserved?

I don't think so. It's still a 8.5/10 for me, 7/10 if micro transactions happen.

So GTA V is the higest rated game on Metacritic now. Beating Super Mario Galaxy and tieing with GTAIV.

Deserved?

I don't think so. It's still a 8.5/10 for me, 7/10 if micro transactions happen.

How can you drop it down if micro transactions happen?

You do realise they are optional?

I drove her to the cult. Somewhere in my mind I knew something could happen if I'd drop her off at her place. But after her crazy talk I didn't feel bad about dropping her off at the cult.

Haha, yup. I stopped right before the cult gate and was going to turn back, but when she started getting all weird I thought screw it, to the cult you go! I almost felt sorry for her, ah well! :p

Deserved?

Yes.

Ardenyal

I got it to attach!

0_0.jpg

Yeah, I don't know what got it to flip the fuck out... maybe try driving the sub away from the dock first?

Jamie OD

HA! I just did exactly that about 5 minutes ago but she didn't leave my car. She was my third victim that I took to the cult and this time when I delivered her the cult came out and pushed me inside the camp and then tried to kill me. I took out like 15 of them to clear the village. I then explored the area at night whilst it was raining to find armour, a rocket launcher and creepy paintings of eyes everywhere. It was insanely atmospheric and another 'wow moment' to add to the list. The next morning on the radio I heard about my massacre on the news LOL.

I'll have to sneak into that place sometime.

jet1911

My new ride in it's natural environment.

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

I really hope Rockstar finds a way to patch that bug soon because pimping car is too much fun. :D

Andrew.

Banned
My god this soundtrack. Listened to a few tracks on my way into work this morning.

Best original soundtrack of the year?

Best original soundtrack of the year.

lil smoke

Banned
Yeah the helicopter is a little twitchy.

I thought I got it under control after 2 tries (got it under 2 bridges), but trying to get it to also go fast in between checkpoints that require a turn... mmm.

Is it a matter of gently keeping the nose tilted down to keep the velocity up? I was trying to do that, but with little confidence ... I don't know the proper way to fly a heli LOL

Goldrusher

Towtrucking side-mission dialogue:
(not a story spoiler, only a funny description of someone)

You know Sharonda's cousin Keeara's nephew, Deonte, skinny kid with the big head, they call him golf club?

Haha.

kiyomi

Is it a matter of gently keeping the nose tilted down to keep the velocity up? I was trying to do that, but with little confidence ... I don't know the proper way to fly a heli LOL

Yeah. You hold the nose tilted down as much as you can, if you want to go fast. You won't lose much altitude and if you do, just ease up on it a bit.

QP3

Yeah the helicopter is a little twitchy.

I thought I got it under control after 2 tries (got it under 2 bridges), but trying to get it to also go fast in between checkpoints that require a turn... mmm.

Yeah, I crank the nose down and hold down the RT. Unfortunately it travels in a slightly negative line, so I regularly have to let up on the nose and gain altitude again. Makes it annoying.

lil smoke

Banned
Yeah. You hold the nose tilted down as much as you can, if you want to go fast. You won't lose much altitude and if you do, just ease up on it a bit.

Yeah, I crank the nose down and hold down the RT. Unfortunately it travels in a slightly negative line, so I regularly have to let up on the nose and gain altitude again. Makes it annoying.

Ah okay, cool!

It also seems that using only the rudders is the way to go. I wasted a lot of time trying to re-level the heli, where just banking into turns seemed easier.

Deserved?

Right now, deserved. I think I'm about 50% of the way through. A few annoyances, especially the lack of tangible rewards after specific missions... And that's a big head scratcher but not enough to take away from the game.

Top Bottom